Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 ... 275
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 890,675 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: Politics thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… Bullcrap inside
Reply #4375 - May 8th, 2019 at 9:54am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
gimmekeef wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 6:45am:
Its a great laxative as well......

LOL

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4376 - May 8th, 2019 at 9:56am
This is form Mad Magazine in the 80s

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4377 - May 8th, 2019 at 9:56am
This from the late 80s

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4378 - May 8th, 2019 at 1:21pm
This level of bullshit is simply unsustainable.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4379 - May 8th, 2019 at 1:51pm
Some Guy wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 1:21pm:

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4380 - May 8th, 2019 at 2:03pm

My Mad crap or the USA Politics? (or both?)

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4381 - May 8th, 2019 at 5:40pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 2:03pm:

My Mad crap or the USA Politics? (or both?)

The current Administration... Shocked

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4382 - May 8th, 2019 at 6:23pm
Some Guy wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 5:40pm:
The current Administration...

Of the USA or Rocks Off?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4383 - May 8th, 2019 at 9:01pm

« Last Edit: May 9th, 2019 at 11:40am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4384 - May 8th, 2019 at 9:06pm

<  ------------- Some Guy  ?!  .... !!!!!!!!!!!   :

https://www.omaha.com/opinion/chicago-tribune-in-defense-of-a-booming-economy/ar...

" Chicago Tribune: In defense of a booming economy . "

" The U.S. economy is growing at such a fast clip and the unemployment rate is so low that ... there must be something terribly wrong.

Does that make sense? No, but the healthy state of the country seems to be too much for some economists, talking heads and others in the chattering class. They struggle to find something nice to say about 3.2% growth accompanied by 3.6% unemployment.

The debate we’d like to see is how to extend this era of prosperity — and delay the next recession — as long as possible. Instead, there’s skepticism in the air, which is potentially damaging because part of what drives economic growth is confidence. If business owners and consumers turn skittish, they’ll invest and spend less. Fear of recession could hasten one.

The Bloomberg consensus estimate for first-quarter annualized GDP growth was just 2.3%, meaning the experts had undershot the actual result by nearly a full percentage point.

But when the numbers were released showing 3.2% growth, a scramble ensued to downplay the results to justify previous pessimism. The actual growth was called illusory, due to a host of one-time factors, such as companies boosting inventories as a precaution against escalating trade friction with China. “The first-quarter number is overstating the strength of the economy,” Ben Herzon of Macroeconomic Advisers told the Washington Post.

Well, who’s to say the good times can’t last? That’s what JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon said during his investor conference call earlier in April.

Consumers are in good shape, he said. People are re-entering the workforce. And companies are feeling positive and have plenty of capital, all of which means growth can go on for years. “There’s no law that says it has to stop,” Dimon said.

In fact, the economy’s been growing for a full decade. The Great Recession ended nearly 10 years ago, in June 2009. Barring catastrophe, in July this will become the longest period of expansion in U.S. history, surpassing the 1990s. On President Barack Obama’s watch, the federal government rescued the economy, but for much of his tenure growth traipsed along at about 2%. Then came President Donald Trump, who set a goal of 3% growth. His strategy: Cut the burden of federal regulation and cut the corporate tax rate through the tax reform legislation passed in late 2017.

The results have been excellent but also criticized as an unsustainable “sugar high” and a precursor to recession. As writer James Freeman noted in the Wall Street Journal, experts at the Brookings Institution plan to meet in May to discuss how to prepare for the next recession. It may be a short meeting.

There are always things to worry about. Trump needs to end his trade tussles with China. The federal deficit is rising, due in part to the cost of tax reform. Inflation, now tame, may return. Trump’s management of the economy will be one of many issues in the 2020 presidential race.

But right now employers are investing in their businesses and hiring more workers. Wages are rising at a healthy pace. Consumers are spending. Hit the total button:

The economy is growing at a robust rate. No matter what you hear from the chattering class.  "
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2019 at 11:41am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4385 - May 8th, 2019 at 9:40pm

<  ------------- GIMMEKEEF  ?!  ... !!!!!!!!!!    ......... I am getting Warm Fuzzies !!!!   ......  Negotiations are now at CRUCIAL Stage   --- I am sure President Trump will get us an Excellent Deal       :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/ahead-of-us-china-trade-talks-xi...

" Ahead of U.S.-China trade talks, Xi writes to Trump . "

By David J. Lynch and
Damian Paletta May 9 at 2:00 PM

" President Trump said on Thursday he had received “a beautiful letter” from Chinese President Xi Jinping and may speak to him by phone, though Trump did not say whether that would occur before a scheduled increase in tariffs on $200 billion in Chinese goods takes effect at 12:01 a.m. Friday.

The president said Xi’s message was: “Let’s work together. Let’s see if we can get something done.”

Robert E. Lighthizer, the chief U.S. trade negotiator, is scheduled to meet at 5 p.m. Thursday with Chinese Vice Premier Liu He to continue negotiations aimed at a comprehensive deal.

Those talks had been proceeding smoothly, with U.S. officials predicting a final accord could be agreed to as soon as this week.

But China last weekend angered the president by trying to water down its commitments, according to Lighthizer. Chinese officials balked at specifying in the agreement which laws would be amended to address U.S. concerns over forced technology transfer and intellectual property protection, U.S. officials said.

“The vice premier is coming here today. We were getting very close to a deal, and then they started to renegotiate the deal. We can’t have that,” the president said, following a White House event on preventing surprise medical bills. “It was their idea to come back.”

Trump said he expected “a very strong day” at the negotiating table, but added “our alternative is an excellent one,” an apparent reference to the tariff increase.

China has vowed to retaliate “in kind” if the president proceeds with the increase to 25 percent from 10 percent on $200 billion in Chinese products.

Along with the increase scheduled for Friday, the president has also threatened to extend tariffs to all $540 billion in annual Chinese imports.

[Until Trump’s trade war is over, it’s probably best if you don’t look at your 401(k)]

The president frequently boasts about the revenue the federal government receives from higher tariffs, a tax increase that is paid by U.S. importers.

Though most economists say such a broadening of the trade conflict would inflict serious damage on both economies, the president insists his tariffs helped the U.S. economy grow at a 3.2 percent annual rate in the first quarter.

“I’m different than a lot of people . . . I happen to think that tariffs for our country are very valuable,” Trump said.

On Wall Street, the Dow Jones industrial average was down more than 180 points, or 0.7 percent, in early afternoon trading.

Chinese retaliation could take the trans-Pacific relationship into potentially dangerous territory, according to Chris Krueger, an analyst with Cowen Washington Research Group.

During the past year of tit-for-tat tariff exchanges, China has imposed tariffs on all but $10 billion of its purchases from the U.S.

To keep pace with Trump’s planned escalation, Beijing may use other weapons, including state-backed boycotts of American products, tighter customs inspections and intensified tax audits of U.S. companies, Krueger said.

The economic and political fallout from such steps “are a lot harder to predict and prone to accident,” he added.  "

Robert Costa contributed to this report.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2019 at 2:14pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4386 - May 9th, 2019 at 6:13am
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 6:23pm:

Of the USA or Rocks Off?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4387 - May 9th, 2019 at 7:13am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4388 - May 9th, 2019 at 8:41am
Some Guy wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 6:13am:

Of the USA or Rocks Off?

LOL did the ignorant dimwit you have as president say that? Really? I live in Mexico and it's a great country, the problem is the Mexicans going to the USA illegally

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4389 - May 9th, 2019 at 8:42am
Some Guy wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 7:13am:

Great decision there, it's the real heaven's door

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4390 - May 9th, 2019 at 2:24pm

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4391 - May 9th, 2019 at 2:26pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 8:41am:
Some Guy wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 6:13am:

Of the USA or Rocks Off?

LOL did the ignorant dimwit you have as president say that? Really? I live in Mexico and it's a great country, the problem is the Mexicans going to the USA illegally

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4392 - May 9th, 2019 at 4:21pm
Not very wise and definitely not honest:

U.S. Seizes North Korean Ship for Violating Sanctions

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-seizes-north-korean-ship-for-violating-s...

Democrat candidates need to practice saying"cut it out."  Grin

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4393 - May 9th, 2019 at 9:24pm

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2019 at 8:54am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4394 - May 9th, 2019 at 9:29pm

<  ------ Some Guy   ,  whilst watching Morning Joe today I noticed a substantial lack of   "  Morning Hotties  "   .  We need more Hot Babes on some of these programs  . I wish Joe would hire Hope Hicks , Trump's WSJ Angels and some of those Fox News Beauties to co - host the show on Friday & Monday   .... they could talk sports , music and recent concerts   ---- even discuss their favorite colors  , cars and UWS Bars / Restaurants   ....... this would give Mika a nice Four Day Weekend to stay home with the family and bake bread and / or bouillabaisse  :

|
|
|
|
V

|
|
|
|
V

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2019 at 3:37pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4395 - May 9th, 2019 at 9:36pm

<  ---------------  GIMMEKEEF   ?!   .... !!!!!!!!!  :

https://www.omaha.com/opinion/david-ignatius-the-saga-of-the-chinese-mole-reads-...

" David Ignatius: The saga of the Chinese mole reads like a thriller .  "

" WASHINGTON — Behind last week’s admission by a former CIA officer that he plotted to spy for China lies an astonishing tale of Beijing’s espionage against America — and the vindication of other CIA officers who were falsely suspected of being the Chinese mole.

This saga has a classic thriller plot, in which a suspect must find the real villain to clear his name. Unfortunately, most of the details of the true-life version remain secret, under seal at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Alexandria or in the vaults of the CIA. But knowledgeable sources sketched parts of the story that aren’t classified.

Jerry Chun Shing Lee, who was a CIA case officer from 1994 to 2007, pleaded guilty May 1 to conspiring with Chinese intelligence agents to provide secret information. U.S. officials won’t discuss the precise damage Lee did, but intelligence experts believe he was part of an aggressive Chinese spy operation that led to the exposure, arrest and execution of at least 20 CIA sources inside China. For an intelligence service like the CIA, that’s as bad as it gets.

The resolution of the Lee case comes at a time when the Trump administration is threatening to escalate its trade war against Beijing to force China to stop stealing commercial secrets and allow fairer trade. The negotiations will hit a deadline today, when the administration has threatened to raise tariffs to 25% on $200 billion worth of Chinese products.

Trump’s hard-nosed and sometimes erratic bargaining tactics have roiled financial markets this week. But as the Lee case shows, the Chinese are hardly innocent victims. They have been burrowing deep into the CIA to steal its most precious secrets, as well as pilfering corporate data wherever they can.

Lee pleaded guilty to only one count of conspiracy, and prosecutors said his plea agreement and an accompanying statement of evidence were “not intended to be a full enumeration of all of the facts surrounding the defendant’s case.” Asked if Lee had agreed to cooperate with the CIA in sharing additional details, his attorney, Edward B. MacMahon Jr., responded: “There is nothing in the plea agreement that deals with his cooperating.”

The hunt for a Chinese mole began after the CIA started losing its key sources in China in 2010. Lee, who first met with Chinese intelligence officers in April 2010, according to prosecutors, soon came under suspicion. Another suspect was a former senior case officer who had served in China when the blown network of spies was recruited.

The senior case officer was eventually cleared, thanks to Chinese tradecraft mistakes that revealed their contact with Lee, a source said. The bungling came in Thailand in 2013, when Chinese spies made a sudden recruitment pitch to a former CIA operative who had worked with the senior case officer. She figured that someone had given the Chinese operative her name and told him it must have been Lee.

Her Chinese would-be recruiter then foolishly blurted out: “No, I’m not handling Jerry. It’s another team,” according to a knowledgeable source.

The former operative and her senior colleague promptly reported the conversation to the FBI, which added the Thailand evidence to its Lee file. In 2012, the FBI had copied two notebooks and a flash drive that Lee brought with him to Hawaii, prosecutors say. That evidence helped lead to Lee’s conviction last week.

With the plea agreement, prosecutors were ready to present evidence about the secret meeting in Thailand, the bungled pitch and the Chinese admission of their relationship with Lee, a source said.

The damage from this case still makes the intelligence community wince. “They wiped us out in China. All the networks we had were gone,” one former official said. Officials speculate that the Chinese may have used their contact with Lee to unravel other communications and tradecraft secrets. “It was a double whammy; human sources and technical sources,” the former official said.

The Chinese mole case has been a subject of CIA corridor gossip, and occasional press stories, for several years. The CIA won’t comment.

Lee’s attorney, MacMahon, protests: “If someone wants to accuse my client of getting people killed, they should attach their names to that charge. It’s not even part of this case.”

Here’s a last Chinese riddle. Experts say that in the Thailand meeting, the Chinese operative asked the former CIA officer about cases that Lee shouldn’t have known about. Which leads to an eerie question: Was there another Chinese mole, buried even deeper?

Spy fact can be much scarier than spy fiction.

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2019 at 8:58am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4396 - May 9th, 2019 at 10:11pm

<  -------------  Some Guy  ?!   ......  !!!!!!!!!!!!  :

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/us-china-trade-talks-resume-in-...

" US-China trade talks to continue on Friday as tariffs on Chinese goods set to kick in .  "

" BEIJING/WASHINGTON (REUTERS/AFP) - Top US and Chinese trade negotiators concluded the first of two days of talks on Thursday (May 9) to rescue a trade deal that is close to collapsing as Washington prepares to go ahead with plans to hike tariffs on hundreds of billions of dollars of goods imported from China. 

Tension between Washington and Beijing has risen after a major setback in negotiations last week when China revised a draft deal and weakened commitments to meet US demands for trade reform. 

President Donald Trump responded by ordering a tariff hike, and China has said it would retaliate. The 10-month-old trade war has already cost companies in both countries billions of dollars. 

Chinese Vice-Premier Liu He, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin talked for 90 minutes on Thursday and were expected to resume talks on Friday. Officials did not speak to reporters as they left the talks.

US President Donald Trump met Mr Lighthizer and Mr Mnuchin on Thursday to discuss the negotiations to rescue a trade deal that is close to collapsing as Washington prepares to go ahead with plans to hike tariffs on hundreds of billions of dollars of goods imported from China.

In comments to Chinese state media upon arriving in Washington, Liu said that hiking tariffs “is very disadvantageous to both parties”. 

“We come here this time, under pressure, which shows China’s greatest sincerity, and want to sincerely, confidently, and rationally resolve certain disagreements or differences facing China and the United States. I think there is hope,” he said.

Mr Liu arrived in Washington on Thursday (May 9), with the US set to impose higher tariffs on US$200 billion (S$273 billion) worth of Chinese goods at 0401 GMT Friday (12.01pm Singapore time). 

Consumer products, including cell phones, computers, clothing and toys, are to be especially hard hit.

Mr Trump said separately on Thursday that he was “starting... paperwork today” to impose a 25 per cent tariff on the US$325 billion in Chinese goods untouched by the trade war so far.

US and Chinese officials resumed crucial trade talks on Thursday, trying to resolve a year-long dispute that was on the verge of escalating with new US tariffs.

With US punitive tariffs on US$200 billion in Chinese goods set to jump to 25 per cent just after midnight, President Trump said earlier on Thursday that an agreement remains "possible".

He told reporters he had received a letter from his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping, and would likely speak to him by telephone later.

"It's possible to do it," Mr Trump said of the trade deal at the White House. "I did get last night a very beautiful letter from President Xi." But Mr Trump warned that he was also more than happy to use tariffs in resolving his differences with China.

"I am different than a lot of people. I happen to think that tariffs, for our country, are very powerful."

Meanwhile, Hu Xijin, the editor-in-chief of Chinese state-run newspaper the Global Times, tweeted on Friday that the talks in Washington will continue on Friday morning US time.

“I just called someone who is close to the negotiations in Washington and was told the two sides just finished Thursday’s talks. They will have another negotiation Friday morning US time. In other words, negotiations will extend beyond the time when the US starts to raise tariffs,” Hu tweeted in English.  He gave no other details.

Months of increasing comity and optimism in trade talks appeared to go up in smoke this week as American officials accused China of a wholesale retreat from previously agreed commitments - a claim Beijing strongly rejected.

"They took many, many parts of that deal and they renegotiated. You can't do that," Mr Trump said on Thursday. "
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2019 at 9:09am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4397 - May 10th, 2019 at 7:05am
Trump Tariffs on China increase today. Economists fear Obama Bounce is over.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4398 - May 11th, 2019 at 8:15am
Some Guy ?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4399 - May 13th, 2019 at 4:10pm
Not sure if this qualifies for the tabloid thread or not:

Mick Jagger’s Ex, Chosen as Envoy to UK by Guaido, Can Get No Recognition

https://sputniknews.com/latam/201905131074971448-neumann-jagger-guaido-envoy-ven

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 ... 275
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)