Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 ... 275
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 890,481 times)
Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!) - Enter at your own risk! Warning… Bullcrap inside
Reply #4275 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 10:44am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
God help us.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #4276 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 10:51am
Edith Grove wrote on Apr 5th, 2019 at 10:25am:
gimmekeef wrote on Apr 5th, 2019 at 10:12am:
Tell me this isn't true....Trump is set to nominate Herman Pizza Man Cain as head of the Fed? That way he can call him up anytime (like before an election) and order him to lower interest rates! Can the drained swamp get any more full? This is the most ridiculous attempted appointment yet. The bigger joke will be when the Turtle McConnell agrees he is fit for the job.

Easy to assume Hillary would do the the same if Trump didn't win.

Let's see how this plays out.

C,mon Edith..no one has politized the Fed..and there is no proof she would have done this. This is beyond politics and extremely dangerous and wreckless.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4277 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 11:04am
Some Guy wrote on Apr 5th, 2019 at 10:44am:
God help us.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4278 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 11:07am
Edith is fucking up.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4279 - Apr 7th, 2019 at 9:58am

IP Logged

Maxmeister
Rocks Off Regular

Locked, cocked and ready
to rock!

Reply #4280 - Apr 7th, 2019 at 4:26pm
gimmekeef wrote on Apr 5th, 2019 at 10:51am:
Edith Grove wrote on Apr 5th, 2019 at 10:25am:
gimmekeef wrote on Apr 5th, 2019 at 10:12am:
Tell me this isn't true....Trump is set to nominate Herman Pizza Man Cain as head of the Fed? That way he can call him up anytime (like before an election) and order him to lower interest rates! Can the drained swamp get any more full? This is the most ridiculous attempted appointment yet. The bigger joke will be when the Turtle McConnell agrees he is fit for the job.

Easy to assume Hillary would do the the same if Trump didn't win.

Let's see how this plays out.

C,mon Edith..no one has politized the Fed..and there is no proof she would have done this. This is beyond politics and extremely dangerous and wreckless.

Assuming anyone would do this if in control is not only ridiculous, especially with something this ignorant.
Add this to the endless list of ignorance the last 2 plus years.
Pathetic.

Rick

What happens when a lazy electorate allows the over motivated fringe (super minority)to gain power whether it's dog catcher up to a president. We will pay the price for generations.

Always know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4281 - Apr 8th, 2019 at 9:37pm

<  --------------- Another Friday Evening    ..................  Another Night of  ................ Wait for it !!!!!!!   .......   :

That is right .   THAT IS RIGHT !!!!!!   : 

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

*****  " DRINKING WITH Xi :     "  Easter / Spring Break ' Steely ! ' Edition  !!!!!!!  "   *****

Hello Me Stonesian Brothers and Sisters    

“ Ruthie will Give you the Silver Key !   … To Open the Red Door !   … Lay Down Your Jackson and you will See ! ... The Sweetness You have been Crying For ! “

Hello Me Stoneslings    --  one can hang with the mayor , his friends and nobody will care   …… but try shutting out the sunrise completely blacked out
on the outdoor patio Brazen Head Stairs and certain individuals will take notice . That is right   ……. NOTHING FUSTY HERE AT THE BRAZEN HEAD !!!!!!! Smiley
     Such is the frame of mind these days as tens of millions of President Trump's supporters continue , CONTINUE to celebrate the latest Victory  .   As Emperor
Xi and myself both agree    --- One Never Gets Tired of Winning !  Speaking of the Emperor  ,  he arrived into town Friday Evening a bit late as he made a
quick Australian pit stop in order to procure a bottle of the Penfolds Grange Hermitage 1951  . That is right me Stoneslings ….. THAT Penfolds Grange  Hermitage 1951 :
the most expensive Australian Wine at $ 38,420 per bottle . Only twenty bottles are known in existence and this beauty set the record when a wine collector ( nameless )
bought it in an auction at MW Wines ( Adelaide , South Australia )  . The wine is predominantly Shiraz with a touch of Cabernet Sauvignon and is definitely regarded
as one of Australia’s finest ; Apparently the buyer made a losing bet with Emperor Xi that The Great Man   ---- President Donald J. Trump (  ‘ SUPREME ‘ Leader ! ) would
end up being indicted for collusion / obstruction and thus Senior Bar Manager Christy , Xi and myself had a lovely Friday Night Pour .  It is GOOD to be The Emperor Smiley   

Soon it was time to get down to business . With every single 2019 Rolling Stones’ Stadium Tour Date now POSTPONED (  yes , even Jacksonville Sold Well , go figure  ) ,
Emperor Xi and myself decided to stick exclusively with the new Glendale , AZ performance  --  Xi and myself even made a bet that President Trump would attend either
a Washington D.C. or NYC Gig    --  the winner collects a one dollar bill . Xi wanted to know if Former Vice President Joe Biden was still the Democratic Front Runner and I
brayed ,  “ Of course he is still in first place  --- nobody in the country is even paying attention to the other contenders ( pretenders ) as citizens are too busy with their
everyday lives whilst watching the Trump Rallies . “   Xi remarked that he even bought one of those  ‘  Pet MAGA Hats  ‘  for his new Lil’ Panda Cub ' Cicci ' . I exclaimed that
I bought one for my Cat  ' Buster '   :  President Trump must be raking in millions of dollars from all of those MAGA tees , caps , coffee cups , key chains  , posters , etc .
“ Heck “   ,  The Emperor remarked  ,   “  The President is a ROCK STAR   --- He should join THE ROLLING STONES  !  “ ..  “ Nah ! “  ,  I said  ,  “  The Band already HAS
two Mythological figures in Mick and Keith   --- THREE would be a Crowd !    … Besides  , Trump Rallies are totally FREE and we get to hear  ‘ You Can’t Always Get What
You Want ‘  without paying the 700.00 per ticky !!!!!   “    **** Next Trump Rally is April 27th : Fire up the colortini's !  Wake the Kids !  ***** :
     Soon Bar Manager Christy came over to say ,  “  Hello  “  , whispered something into Emperor Xi’s ear , and the two of them sauntered off into the Robert Emmet Room
not to be seen again for the rest of the evening    ------ with the Penfolds Grange Hermitage 1951 , of course ?   Smiley   

************     …………..  “  I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!!  “   …………….  See You Again in MAY !  ***********

« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2019 at 5:03pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4282 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 7:00am
<  ---------------   Joey    ?!   .......  !!!!!!!!!!!   :

« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2019 at 7:33am by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4283 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 7:33am
Grin

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4284 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 8:51pm

<  --------------- GIMMEKEEF    ?!  ..... !!!!!!!!!!   :

https://www.foxnews.com/world/israels-netanyahu-appears-headed-toward-5th-term-a...

" Israel's Netanyahu appears headed toward 5th term as PM . "

" JERUSALEM – Benjamin Netanyahu appeared to be headed toward a historic fifth term as Israel's prime minister on Wednesday, with close-to-complete unofficial election results giving his right-wing Likud and other nationalist and religious parties a solid majority in parliament.

The outcome affirmed Israel's continued tilt to the right and further dimmed hopes of a negotiated solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Re-election will also give Netanyahu an important boost as he braces for the likelihood of criminal charges in a series of corruption scandals.

With 97.4% of the vote counted, Likud and its traditional political allies were in command of a 65-55 majority in parliament. A couple of small parties were still teetering along the electoral threshold and fighting for their survival, so the final makeup of the next parliament has yet to be decided. In any case, the country now faces what could be weeks of political negotiations over the composition of a ruling coalition.

But under nearly every scenario, Netanyahu was the big winner.

The long-time Israeli leader had fought a tight, ugly race against centrist ex-military chief Benny Gantz, whose nascent Blue and White party emerged as a viable alternative to Netanyahu's decade in power. The near-final results showed it deadlocked with Likud at 35 seats. But most of its support seems to have come at the expense of the venerable Labor and leftist Meretz parties, who both earned historic lows in Tuesday's election.

Together with his current Jewish ultra-Orthodox and nationalist partners, Netanyahu should have no trouble building a coalition government that has a majority in the 120-seat parliament.

With a victory, Netanyahu would capture a fourth consecutive term and fifth overall, which this summer will make him Israel's longest-ever serving leader, surpassing founding father David Ben-Gurion.

"It's a night of tremendous victory," Netanyahu told supporters early Wednesday. "I was very moved that the nation of Israel once again entrusted me for the fifth time, and with an even greater trust."

He said he had already begun talking to fellow right-wing and religious parties about forming a new coalition.

"I want to make it clear, it will be a right-wing government, but I intend to be the prime minister of all Israeli citizens, right or left, Jews and non-Jews alike," he said.

Netanyahu's message of unity was a sharp contrast from his campaign theme in which he accused Gantz of conspiring with Arab parties to topple him. Arab leaders accused Netanyahu of demonizing the country's Arab community, which is about 20 percent of the population.

His attacks on the Arab sector fueled calls for a boycott and appeared to result in relatively low turnout by Arab voters.

Though the Palestinian issue was rarely mentioned in the raucous campaign, Netanyahu had in the final stretch pledged for the first time to annex parts of the occupied West Bank in a desperate bid to rally his right-wing base. Netanyahu has welched on election eve promises before, but should he follow through on this one, it would mark a dramatic development and potentially wipe out the already diminishing hope for Palestinian statehood.

The 69-year-old prime minister has been the dominant force in Israeli politics for the past two decades and its face to the world. His campaign has focused heavily on his friendship with President Donald Trump and his success in cultivating new allies, such as China, India and Brazil.

But his corruption scandals created some voter fatigue. Along with two other former military chiefs on his ticket, Gantz was able to challenge Netanyahu on security issues, normally the prime minister's strong suit, while also taking aim at the prime minister's alleged ethical lapses.

Israel's attorney general has recommended charging Netanyahu with bribery, breach of trust and fraud in three cases. He will only decide on indicting him after a legally mandated hearing. Legal experts expect at least some charges to be filed, which could set the stage for a short term for Netanyahu and another round of elections soon. "
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2019 at 9:30am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4285 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 9:04pm
Some Guy wrote on Apr 9th, 2019 at 7:00am:
<  ---------------   Joey    ?!   .......  !!!!!!!!!!!   :

« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2019 at 9:13am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4286 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 9:26pm

<  ---------------- Nanky  ?!   ..... !!!!!!!!!!!!   :

https://www.arcamax.com/politics/mod/davidignatius/s-2195928

" Trump administration's Iran sanctions could backfire . "

David Ignatius on Apr 10, 2019

" WASHINGTON -- The Trump administration's "maximum pressure campaign" against Iran assumes that economic sanctions are weakening the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps -- and that more sanctions will make the IRGC weaker still. The problem is that U.S. and European intelligence analysts don't think this forecast is accurate.

"Re-imposition of sanctions in 2018 has played into the hands of the IRGC," warns one recent Western intelligence assessment. Rather than turning Iranians against the corrupt IRGC leadership, in other words, the U.S. economic squeeze is instead giving Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani and his allies greater control over the Iranian economy.

The Iran sanctions paradox deepened this week with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's announcement that the U.S. will designate the IRGC as a foreign terrorist organization. But as Pompeo warned Monday, the IRGC's leaders are masters of "nationwide con artistry and corruption ... which they perpetrate against the regime's own people."

History has shown that these operatives find illegal ways to escape pressure, and that the economic vise instead tightens for the Iranian people.

Like so many Trump administration foreign-policy gambits, the Iran squeeze looks like a tactical campaign that's in search of a strategy. Does the administration want negotiations? If so, why has it effectively banned the U.S. from contact with Tehran's power brokers? "We'll preclude ourselves from talking to the people who matter," warns Karim Sadjadpour, a senior fellow at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.

Does the administration instead seek a change of Iranian policy and less power for the hard-liners? If so, the U.S. should be working to deepen fissures within the Iranian elite, rather than pushing different factions toward the IRGC. "The goal should be to widen political divisions," argues Sadjadpour. "When you're trying to foment political change, you need pressure from below and divisions above."

Sanctions have their uses, to be sure. The ban on oil and financial transactions that President Trump re-imposed after withdrawing from the 2015 Iran nuclear deal has hit Iran hard. Oil exports have been cut in half, from 2.5 million barrels a day in April 2018 to about 1.25 million barrels in February 2019, according to Reuters. The International Monetary Fund predicted Tuesday that Iran's economy will shrink 6% this year, after a 3.9% decline last year. Inflation is currently running at 47.5%.

The resulting cash squeeze means there's less money for Iran to distribute to its proxies in Lebanon, Syria and Yemen.

Hassan Nasrallah, the leader of Hezbollah in Lebanon, said last month that the militia would need to do more internal fundraising. An Israeli official told me recently that as part of its belt-tightening, Hezbollah has cut some salaries by 40 percent. In Syria, too, the Iranians are reducing their support for Shiite militias, the Israeli official said.

The pressure is mounting, but to what end? As with other Trump administration foreign policies, it's hard to discern the strategic goal. Trump has privately told foreign leaders that he wants to pressure Tehran back to the bargaining table and win a better, broader nuclear deal than the one negotiated by his predecessor, Barack Obama. But John Bolton, Trump's national security adviser, has signaled instead that he wants to create conditions for regime change, rather than just renewed negotiation.

Imagine the White House confusion if Iran's Ayatollah Ali Khamenei sent Trump a letter proposing a new round of nuclear and regional negotiations -- with Soleimani, the leader of the IRGC's Quds Force, as his chief negotiator. Trump could claim a win, but such talks would violate the just-imposed terrorist designation.

The biggest danger of the escalating Iran campaign is that it risks unraveling the hard-won U.S. success in Iraq over the past five years. About 5,000 U.S. soldiers are now in Iraq, training the Iraqi military and checking the power of Iranian-backed Shiite militias. They could become targets, if Iran follows through on its tit-for-tat designation this week of Centcom forces as "terrorists."

But even if Iran refrains from shooting at U.S. troops, Tehran-backed politicians may pass legislation in the Iraqi parliament that would forbid continued U.S. military training of Iraqi forces. That would be a real loss. Iran would pull Iraq deeper into its sphere of influence -- offsetting any U.S. gains in Lebanon, Syria or Yemen.

Sanctions are like catnip for U.S. policymakers. If you want to see how badly they can misfire, recall the U.S.-led campaign of sanctions against the Iraqi regime of Saddam Hussein in the 1990s. That squeeze had the perverse effect of empowering Saddam's clique of smugglers and torturers. We're in danger of repeating that sorry chapter with Iran. "

« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2019 at 10:58am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4287 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 9:32pm

<  ------------- Some Guy   ?!  .......   !!!!!!!!   :

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/10/world/middleeast/benjamin-netanyahu-israel-el...

" It’s Netanyahu’s Israel Now .  "

" JERUSALEM — Benjamin Netanyahu’s apparent re-election as prime minister of Israel attests to a starkly conservative vision of the Jewish state and its people about where they are and where they are headed.

They prize stability, as well as the military and economic security that Mr. Netanyahu has delivered.

Though in many ways they have never been safer, they remain afraid — especially of Iran and its influence over their neighbors, against which Mr. Netanyahu has relentlessly crusaded. They are persuaded by his portrayal of those who challenge him, whether Arab citizens or the left, as enemies of the state. They take his resemblance to authoritarian leaders around the world as evidence that he was ahead of the curve.

They credit Mr. Netanyahu, whose strategic vision values power and fortitude above all, with piloting Israel to unprecedented diplomatic heights and believe still more is possible. And they are loath to let anyone less experienced take the controls.

“Let’s be honest with ourselves,” said Michael B. Oren, a former Israeli ambassador to Washington. “Our economy is excellent, our foreign relations were never better, and we’re secure. We’ve got a guy in politics for 40 years: We know him, the world knows him — even our enemies know him.”

Now, with a new term and an expanded Likud party, he has the chance to form an even larger right-wing coalition of secular, ultra-Orthodox and even some extremist lawmakers — or, if he chooses, to try to forge a national unity government that brings in centrists.

Whatever he decides, though, Mr. Netanyahu has been afforded the opportunity to lead Israel through a serious turning point in its history as both a Jewish and a democratic state, if his legal troubles do not topple him first.

An election that was all about personality and character — whether Mr. Netanyahu’s likely indictment on corruption charges made him unfit to continue in the job, or whether his main challenger, the former army chief Benny Gantz, was up to it — left little room for issues of policy.

Through it all, Mr. Netanyahu proved once again that his talents, stamina and willingness to do what it takes to win are all unmatched in Israeli politics.

But serious concerns for Israel that were essentially set aside in the campaign are fast approaching. As he surpasses David Ben-Gurion, Israel’s founding leader, as its longest-serving prime minister this summer, Mr. Netanyahu will be unable to ignore any of them for long.

Peace with the Palestinians remains as unlikely as ever, despite the possible wild card of a long-awaited proposal from the Trump administration. Mr. Netanyahu’s right-wing allies, to whom he may be even more beholden under his next coalition, are champing at the bit to pursue annexation of the occupied West Bank.

In desperation to rally the pro-settler base, Mr. Netanyahu said publicly three days before the election that he would begin applying Israeli sovereignty to parts of the West Bank that the Palestinians demand for their future state. Opponents believe this would set off a new Palestinian uprising, bring to fruition the apartheid regime the Israeli left has long warned against, or both. "
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2019 at 9:24am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4288 - Apr 10th, 2019 at 6:47am
Voodoopug?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4289 - Apr 10th, 2019 at 1:37pm

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4290 - Apr 10th, 2019 at 3:14pm
Some Guy wrote on Apr 10th, 2019 at 1:37pm:

After three years, do you think that's really going to happen ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4291 - Apr 10th, 2019 at 3:41pm
After three years, do you think that's really going to happen ?

We do not support...

« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2019 at 3:42pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4292 - Apr 10th, 2019 at 9:05pm

<  -----------------   MICK LOOKS GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :

« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2019 at 2:31pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4293 - Apr 10th, 2019 at 9:11pm

<  ------------ GIMMEKEEF   ?!  .... !!!!!!!!!!!!!    .......................   NO COLLUSION !!!!!!!!!!!!  :

« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2019 at 1:44pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4294 - Apr 10th, 2019 at 9:21pm

<  -------------- Some Guy   ?!  .. !!!!!!!!!!!!!  ...................   NO OBSTRUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :

« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2019 at 1:46pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4295 - Apr 10th, 2019 at 9:27pm

« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2019 at 9:37am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4296 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 8:41pm

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2019 at 2:45pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4297 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 8:49pm

<  -----------------------         COMPLETE AND TOTAL EXONERATION !!!!!!  ......................................      ( TWO HONEST MEN !!!!!!!!!!!!   )    .................  NO COLLUSION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  NONE  !!!!!!!  :

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2019 at 4:00pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4298 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 8:51pm

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2019 at 8:23am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4299 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 8:51pm

<  ------------ FUNNY !!!!!!!!!!!!!   :

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2019 at 9:28am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 ... 275
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)