Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 ... 275
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 890,504 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!) - Enter at your own risk! Warning… Probable bullcrap inside
Reply #4150 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 10:00pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

<  --------------- Another Friday Evening    ..................  Another Night of  ................ Wait for it !!!!!!!   .......   :

That is right .   THAT IS RIGHT !!!!!!   : 

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

*********  " DRINKING WITH Xi :     "  Hanoi Summit Edition   !!!!!!!  "   ***********

Hello Me Stonesian Brothers and Sisters    

***************   “ LAYERS AND LAYERS OF THERMAL UNDERWEAR   “  …  ?!   …………. Not THESE Cats   ..  !!!!!!!!!!!!   ***************

Hello Me Stoneslings . Midwestern Winters can be downright unpleasant ( read : Nasty ! ) if one is not the type to handle the Extremely
Cold Temperatures  . When Emperor Xi and his Entourage arrived into town Friday Evening our Brazen Head had us covered with : Winter Beers ! 
Me Stonesian Brothers and Sisters  , as you well know , there are indeed certain beers that will complement the winter season as they not
only warm your body down to your bones   --- they will make you sleep that much better at night . Toss in the higher than normal alcohol
content  , the seasonal spices and VIP Manager Heather and we have music to everyone’s ears :  “ The Lagunitas Brown Shugga !  “
Me kins , this beautiful American Strong Ale [ ABV ( Alcohol By Volume  ) : 10.8 %  Smiley  ]  has a translucent , copper hue distinguishing it from 
many of the best winter seasonal beers . Full - bodied  and complex  (   …. like many of the lovely new waitresses running around this place )
this beer features an amazing blend of flavors and aromas that nearly overwhelm the senses with rich brown sugar , freshly baked bread  ,
and fruit / citrus tones . Vital ! .. Coherent !   …. AMAZING !!!  Smiley

Soon Xi and myself got down to business discussing the upcoming political season  .  The Emperor and myself both agreed that former
Vice President Joe Biden will DEFINITELY toss his hat in the ring   --- what else is he going to do with his time ?  ..  70 is the new 50 .
Can Biden defeat The Great Man    ----- President Donald J. Trump  ( ‘ Magnificent ‘  Leader !!!! )   ….. ?!   Not with a brand new trade deal .
This is a busy time for President Trump as he is very consumed with trying to put an end to the Seventy- Year Old Korean War  ,  dodging
The DEMS ( ‘ THE DIMS !!!! ‘ ) and managing peaceful and impactful Chinese / United States Relations .  Tough Stuff but The Don himself
was born for such astute machinations   --- actually growing and thriving  ‘ IN THE ARENA ‘  !   Xi remarked , “ If President Trump keeps up
his splendid progress you may have to declare another National Emergency in order to find the money to put President Trump’s face
on Mount Rushmore .  “  I concurred  and brayed  ,  “ best to get started now so his portrait is complete in time for his 80th Birthday .  “
A Nice Birthday Present INDEED !!!!  I was thinking Trump’s Visage should be positioned next to Washington’s Face but was divided
on whether his countenance should be Mountain Centered or Portrait Centered ? 

It was at that EXACT moment when VIP Manager Heather stopped to visit  , gave Xi a great big Hug  , and the two of them disappeared together
into the Robert Emmett Room not to be seen again for the rest of the Evening    ---  ‘  Brown Shugga  ‘   Included .   Smiley

************************     ………..............……..  “  I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!!  “   …………….   **************************

« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2019 at 9:43am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!) - Enter at your own risk! Warning… Probable bullcrap inside
Reply #4151 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 10:55am
Heather got promoted?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4152 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 8:53pm

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2019 at 8:35am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4153 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 8:58pm

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2019 at 8:36am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4154 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 9:05pm

<  ------------- GIMMEKEEF   ?!   .....  !!!!!!   :

https://www.omaha.com/opinion/bloomberg-opinion-the-u-s--china-cease-fire-on/art...

" Bloomberg Opinion: The U.S.-China cease-fire on trade is promising .  "

" President Donald Trump’s decision to delay new tariffs on Chinese imports is good news. There’s no guarantee he’s about to strike a sensible agreement on trade with Beijing, but the suspension of hostilities is welcome.

Trump’s approach up to now has become all too familiar. Ratchet up tensions with incendiary rhetoric; impose unilateral sanctions; engage in talks ending in incremental or cosmetic concessions; then declare a historic triumph. The trade talks with China look set to conform.

Beijing seems ready to buy more American beef and soybeans, but agreement on the more important structural issues –- subsidies, market access, forced technology transfer and the like -– apparently remains elusive.

Trump’s negotiators (who are more hawkish than their boss) are now under pressure to conclude a deal before Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping meet, probably in a few weeks. It will be a pity if the terms fudge the long-term issues.

China’s licit and illicit trade practices do need to be dealt with, and these talks, with the Chinese economy slowing and global opinion hardening against Beijing, provide an opportunity that shouldn’t be wasted.

Nonetheless, tariffs were always the wrong tool to force change on China.

For a start, they were probably illegal under World Trade Organization rules. (Breaking rules is a poor way to make the case for better behavior.)

And the sanctions already imposed by Trump, plus the retaliatory tariffs they provoked, have hurt U.S. consumers, farmers and companies more than they have harmed their Chinese counterparts.

While Trump is correct that “billions and billions of dollars” are flowing into the U.S. Treasury from duties on Chinese goods, the money is a tax on U.S. consumers. Aid to farmers hurt by Chinese tariffs is a further cost to U.S. taxpayers.

Exports to China are down significantly. U.S. manufacturers are hurting from higher input costs. Some of those operating in China are shifting operations to third countries rather than back home. Uncertainty is holding down investment in the U.S.

Raising tariffs on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods from 10 percent to 25 percent, as Trump had threatened to do on March 1, would only have made things worse.

Whatever concessions Trump ultimately wins, the U.S. needs to do much more on its own behalf to meet the economic and security challenges posed by China.

It should invest more in education and R&D, attract more skilled immigrants, improve infrastructure and otherwise bolster U.S. competitiveness.

It should work harder to protect sensitive technology from falling into Chinese hands and join with allies to strengthen the existing tools — especially the WTO — for enforcing the rules.

Trump’s misguided focus on tariffs has distracted attention from these vital tasks.

One hopes that he’s starting to have second thoughts. "

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2019 at 9:11am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4155 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 9:22pm

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2019 at 8:38am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4156 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 9:45pm

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2019 at 8:41am by Joey »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #4157 - Feb 28th, 2019 at 9:07am
Joey wrote on Feb 27th, 2019 at 8:58pm:

Could have been handled in a phone call. Now let's focus on getting India/Pakistan off the ledge.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4158 - Feb 28th, 2019 at 10:43am
Israel’s attorney general on Thursday announced he will indict Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on corruption charges, local media reported.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4159 - Feb 28th, 2019 at 9:31pm
Some Guy wrote on Feb 27th, 2019 at 10:55am:
Heather got promoted?

« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2019 at 8:26am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4160 - Mar 1st, 2019 at 7:41am
Joey, I sure hope Edith saw the Cohen testimony. It's our only hope.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4161 - Mar 2nd, 2019 at 2:32pm
Some Guy wrote on Mar 1st, 2019 at 7:41am:
Joey, I sure hope Edith saw the Cohen testimony. It's our only hope.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4162 - Mar 4th, 2019 at 10:30am

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4163 - Mar 4th, 2019 at 11:01am
Some Guy wrote on Mar 4th, 2019 at 10:30am:

Dude needs to file for a name change.  Ouch!

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4164 - Mar 4th, 2019 at 8:37pm

« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2019 at 8:41pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4165 - Mar 4th, 2019 at 8:43pm

<  ---------  Some Guy   ?!  ... !!!!!  :

" It made sense for Trump to walk away in Hanoi . "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/02/28/it-made-sense-trump-walk-away...

By David Ignatius

" With the abrupt breakdown of the Hanoi summit, the diplomatic negotiations between the United States and North Korea got a reset, and that’s a good thing. If dialogue resumes, it will be on a firmer, more realistic basis.

President Trump’s swoon for North Korean leader Kim Jong Un had worried many observers who feared the president would make a rushed, overly generous deal just to claim a win. Cautioned by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to avoid concessions on sanctions before he had hard evidence that North Korea was truly moving toward full denuclearization, Trump decided that “sometimes you have to walk.”

After the summit collapsed Thursday without an agreement, some commentators blamed Trump for lack of preparation. This president doesn’t prepare very well for anything but, in this case, the criticism is somewhat misplaced. It was the North Koreans who blocked adequate groundwork, by resisting U.S. efforts to plan for a productive meeting.

North Korea’s foot-dragging has been obvious in public comments. When Pompeo visited Pyongyang in July, a month after the first Trump-Kim summit, to frame a serious agenda for delivering on the Singapore framework, the North Koreans denounced his “unilateral and gangster-like demand for denuclearization.” Through the summer and fall, the United States kept pressing for working-level talks between special envoy Stephen Biegun and his counterpart in Pyongyang, but the North Koreans resisted. When talks finally commenced, the positions were too far apart, with too little time for negotiation and compromise.

Kim may have been encouraged to delay working-level negotiations by Trump’s gushy praise and the president’s emphasis on his personal chemistry with the young dictator. But the failure of the Hanoi summit will hopefully cure each side of any illusions about sweet-talking the other.

The failure in Hanoi now puts both parties in closer touch with reality. Pompeo and Biegun — determined to avoid the failure of past U.S. efforts to stop the North Korean nuclear program — have been adamant that U.N. sanctions shouldn’t be lifted unless North Korea takes steps to make its denuclearization pledges more believable. Pyongyang’s proposal in Hanoi to dismantle its Yongbyun nuclear complex failed that test, because other secret facilities would remain. North Korea now knows it will have to make a better offer.

Trump appears to have learned that he doesn’t have any magic diplomatic formula. He seemed convinced that his combination of saber-ratting disruption, punishing sanctions and diplomatic love letters would work, but, so far, it hasn’t (despite a laudable reduction in tensions).

The president may grow bored now, as he often does when he encounters a reversal. But if he’s serious about North Korea, he (or more properly, Pompeo and Biegun) should settle in for long, careful negotiations that, meeting by meeting, reduce the threat North Korea poses and open pathways for its development.

Walking away from engagement with North Korea would be a mistake. But hitting the pause button now makes some sense. "

RIP

« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2019 at 4:35pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4166 - Mar 4th, 2019 at 8:44pm

<  ------  Nanky  ?!  ... !!!!!  :

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/24/arts/television/the-jokewriting-continued-aft...

" The Joke-Writing Continued After the Curtain Went Down .  "

By BILL CARTER

" In the years immediately after Johnny Carson's decision to step down from the "Tonight" show, NBC executives fully expected that their signature star would become a latter-day version of Bob Hope -- providing a special here and there, something that would pull in the millions of fans who never got over missing him at 11:35 each weeknight.

But Mr. Carson had made a different decision. "He knew he had given everything he had on the show, and that's how he wanted to be remembered," said Peter Lassally, his long-time executive producer and close friend.

Still, there was one part of his former life he simply could not leave behind entirely. Having spent 30 years reading and watching the news every day and instantly conjuring the events into monologue jokes, jokes that provided a running commentary on the political and cultural scene, Mr. Carson found he simply could not give up the routine.

"He really missed doing the monologue," Mr. Lassally said. "So he started doing them for me."

Sometimes once a week, sometimes more often, Mr. Carson would call Mr. Lassally and, over the phone, perform his little monologues -- for an audience of one. "They were always funny," Mr. Lassally said, and one day about a year ago the jokes struck him as so funny that he had a suggestion.

"I told Johnny he should call Dave and give them to him," said Mr. Lassally, who, after Mr. Carson retired, went to work as executive producer for David Letterman.

Thus began a quiet collaboration, which delighted Mr. Carson in his final months. "He was like a little kid when Dave would do one of his jokes," Mr. Lassally said. "He was not blasé about any of it."

Of course, one reason Mr. Carson would never want to be public about the collaboration was that he never wanted to be seen taking sides in the enduring conflict between Mr. Letterman and Jay Leno, who succeeded him as host of "Tonight," over who was his rightful heir in late-night comedy.

Both stars issued statements yesterday on Mr. Carson's death.

Mr. Letterman said: "All of us who came after are pretenders. We will not see the likes of him again. He gave me a shot on his show and in doing so, he gave me a career. A night doesn't go by that I don't ask myself, 'What would Johnny have done?"'

Mr. Leno said: "No single individual has had as great an impact on television as Johnny. He was the gold standard. It's hard to believe he's actually gone. This is a tremendous loss for everyone who Johnny made laugh for so many years."

Mr. Lassally said he had become closer to Mr. Carson in the years after he left the air. "My fondest memory is him calling me every time there was something really awful on television and telling me, 'You've got to put this on.' Then we would watch together and giggle like schoolgirls about this terrible television show." Mr. Carson's strength, beyond his talent, was his sweeping appeal, Mr. Lassally said. "He was everything to everybody. He was your husband or your neighbor, your son or your friend."

But in that nightly monologue, he added, Mr. Carson was something else as well: "He was the voice of the people."
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2019 at 2:48pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4167 - Mar 4th, 2019 at 8:46pm

« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2019 at 9:25pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4168 - Mar 4th, 2019 at 9:30pm

<  -----------  GIMMEKEEF   ?!  .... !!!!!   :

https://www.omaha.com/opinion/robert-j-samuelson-who-brought-us-this-economic-bo...

" Robert J. Samuelson: Who brought us this economic boom? "

" WASHINGTON -- Writing in the Wall Street Journal, Princeton economist Alan Blinder calls it "The Obama-Trump Economic Boom." This may be the best bad label for what may soon become the longest economic expansion in American history. Anyone who regularly reads this column knows that I am a great skeptic in assigning credit for good economic times to particular presidents. But Blinder's turn of phrase has the virtue of spreading the glory among two candidates.

It is not, of course, that presidents don't wish to influence the economy. Whether they help or hurt, they are sure to claim paternity for good economic news. Donald Trump is no exception. He congratulates himself for the strong stock market (up $7.7 trillion since his election victory on Nov. 8, 2016, reports Wilshire Associates) and solid job creation (about 200,000 payroll jobs per month over his first two years).

Just how much praise Trump deserves for this performance is unclear. When reviewing the figures above, you should remember that in the last two years of the Obama presidency, the economy also generated 200,000 jobs per month.

As for the stock market, it rose $18.8 trillion from its low point in 2009 to Trump's election, according to Wilshire. Given the different time spans, the comparison is inexact, but it emphasizes that the stock surge preceded Trump's election.

More to the point, Obama delivered to Trump an economy that had overcome the worst psychological effects of the financial crisis and the accompanying Great Recession. This was not inevitable. In the dark days of late 2008 and early 2009, the talk of another Great Depression was not entirely fanciful. The responses of the Federal Reserve under Chairman Ben Bernanke and the Treasury Department under Secretary Timothy Geithner contributed significantly to the turnaround.

The case for Trump rests on his refusal to respect the conventional wisdom that the economy's annual growth rate is now limited to a modest 2 percent, far lower than the post-World War II average of about 3 percent. He plowed ahead with a sizable tax cut of $1.5 trillion over a decade. I (and many others) opposed this as risking higher inflation and needlessly expanding already-large federal deficits. But it gave the economy an extra shove that bolstered confidence and growth. Sure enough, the economy grew about 3 percent in 2018.

To all these factors must be added surprising developments that don't fit in any purely partisan framework. Chief among these has been low inflation, which has remained at about 2 percent annually -- identical with the Fed's target. Why inflation has been so subdued is a mystery.

Economic textbooks warn that, as an economy approaches "full employment," wages and prices will accelerate. Companies will increase wages to attract and keep workers; bottlenecks and shortages will raise prices. So far, this hasn't happened.

In theory, full employment is the lowest unemployment rate consistent with stable inflation. If the unemployment rate dips below this level, wages and prices will accelerate. Customary full employment estimates are unemployment rates in the 4 percent to 5 percent range. But suppose the rate is 3.5 percent or 3 percent, reflecting an older workforce that values job security more than younger workers. (In January, the unemployment rate was 4 percent.) The trouble is that full employment can only be surmised by inflation's behavior. It's guesswork.

Regardless, low inflation has kept interest rates down, and low interest rates have kept stock prices up. That's another development beyond the control of presidents.

The current economic expansion began in mid-2009 and has already passed the 1960s boom for longevity (106 months, from 1961 to 1969). It is now approaching the record, the 1990s boom (120 months, from 1991-2001). Princeton's Blinder cites these threats to the expansion: a trade war with China and others; a stock market crash; an unexpected jump in oil prices to $90 or $100 a barrel (it's now trading in the mid-$50s); a collapse of consumer or business confidence.

Realistically, Blinder doubts that any of these will soon derail the recovery. "My bet is that the current expansion will sail through June, setting a new record," he writes. The biggest threat, he argues, is a long shot -- a constitutional crisis involving Trump that destabilizes the economy.

There is, however, one overlooked danger: The two long expansions of the post-World War II era -- the '60s and the '90s booms -- were both followed by tumultuous crises and subpar performance. After the '60s boom, the economy succumbed to rising inflation, which peaked at about 13 percent and demoralized millions of Americans. The '90s tech boom ultimately led to the devastating 2007-09 financial crisis and Great Recession.

It's almost as if there's an unwritten law requiring that the big booms be succeeded by big busts. With luck, maybe history won't repeat itself. "

« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2019 at 8:33am by Joey »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #4169 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 10:12am
Joey wrote on Mar 4th, 2019 at 9:30pm:
<  -----------  GIMMEKEEF   ?!  .... !!!!!   :

https://www.omaha.com/opinion/robert-j-samuelson-who-brought-us-this-economic-bo...

" Robert J. Samuelson: Who brought us this economic boom? "

" WASHINGTON -- Writing in the Wall Street Journal, Princeton economist Alan Blinder calls it "The Obama-Trump Economic Boom." This may be the best bad label for what may soon become the longest economic expansion in American history. Anyone who regularly reads this column knows that I am a great skeptic in assigning credit for good economic times to particular presidents. But Blinder's turn of phrase has the virtue of spreading the glory among two candidates.

It is not, of course, that presidents don't wish to influence the economy. Whether they help or hurt, they are sure to claim paternity for good economic news. Donald Trump is no exception. He congratulates himself for the strong stock market (up $7.7 trillion since his election victory on Nov. 8, 2016, reports Wilshire Associates) and solid job creation (about 200,000 payroll jobs per month over his first two years).

Just how much praise Trump deserves for this performance is unclear. When reviewing the figures above, you should remember that in the last two years of the Obama presidency, the economy also generated 200,000 jobs per month.

As for the stock market, it rose $18.8 trillion from its low point in 2009 to Trump's election, according to Wilshire. Given the different time spans, the comparison is inexact, but it emphasizes that the stock surge preceded Trump's election.

More to the point, Obama delivered to Trump an economy that had overcome the worst psychological effects of the financial crisis and the accompanying Great Recession. This was not inevitable. In the dark days of late 2008 and early 2009, the talk of another Great Depression was not entirely fanciful. The responses of the Federal Reserve under Chairman Ben Bernanke and the Treasury Department under Secretary Timothy Geithner contributed significantly to the turnaround.

The case for Trump rests on his refusal to respect the conventional wisdom that the economy's annual growth rate is now limited to a modest 2 percent, far lower than the post-World War II average of about 3 percent. He plowed ahead with a sizable tax cut of $1.5 trillion over a decade. I (and many others) opposed this as risking higher inflation and needlessly expanding already-large federal deficits. But it gave the economy an extra shove that bolstered confidence and growth. Sure enough, the economy grew about 3 percent in 2018.

To all these factors must be added surprising developments that don't fit in any purely partisan framework. Chief among these has been low inflation, which has remained at about 2 percent annually -- identical with the Fed's target. Why inflation has been so subdued is a mystery.

Economic textbooks warn that, as an economy approaches "full employment," wages and prices will accelerate. Companies will increase wages to attract and keep workers; bottlenecks and shortages will raise prices. So far, this hasn't happened.

In theory, full employment is the lowest unemployment rate consistent with stable inflation. If the unemployment rate dips below this level, wages and prices will accelerate. Customary full employment estimates are unemployment rates in the 4 percent to 5 percent range. But suppose the rate is 3.5 percent or 3 percent, reflecting an older workforce that values job security more than younger workers. (In January, the unemployment rate was 4 percent.) The trouble is that full employment can only be surmised by inflation's behavior. It's guesswork.

Regardless, low inflation has kept interest rates down, and low interest rates have kept stock prices up. That's another development beyond the control of presidents.

The current economic expansion began in mid-2009 and has already passed the 1960s boom for longevity (106 months, from 1961 to 1969). It is now approaching the record, the 1990s boom (120 months, from 1991-2001). Princeton's Blinder cites these threats to the expansion: a trade war with China and others; a stock market crash; an unexpected jump in oil prices to $90 or $100 a barrel (it's now trading in the mid-$50s); a collapse of consumer or business confidence.

Realistically, Blinder doubts that any of these will soon derail the recovery. "My bet is that the current expansion will sail through June, setting a new record," he writes. The biggest threat, he argues, is a long shot -- a constitutional crisis involving Trump that destabilizes the economy.

There is, however, one overlooked danger: The two long expansions of the post-World War II era -- the '60s and the '90s booms -- were both followed by tumultuous crises and subpar performance. After the '60s boom, the economy succumbed to rising inflation, which peaked at about 13 percent and demoralized millions of Americans. The '90s tech boom ultimately led to the devastating 2007-09 financial crisis and Great Recession.

It's almost as if there's an unwritten law requiring that the big booms be succeeded by big busts. With luck, maybe history won't repeat itself. "

As long as China and Russia don't call in their chips we should be fine. Foe me the deficit remains the biggest concern as eventually the bills must be paid. The tax cut has not generated increased tax revenues to offset the cuts. That is wreckless and who would have though the GOP is behind this?

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4170 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 8:20pm

« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2019 at 9:06am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4171 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 8:27pm

« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2019 at 9:07am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4172 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 8:36pm

« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2019 at 9:07am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4173 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 9:32pm

« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2019 at 9:08pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4174 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 8:11am
This should be just about over soon.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 ... 275
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)