Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 ... 275
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 890,562 times)
gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!) - Enter at your own risk! Warning… Probable bullcrap inside
Reply #4050 - Jan 27th, 2019 at 10:25am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Some Guy wrote on Jan 27th, 2019 at 9:56am:

That is only one of his properties. I would bet the same applies in other US locations. Boy that Trumpty Dumpty sure had a great fall.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!) - Enter at your own risk! Warning… Probable bullcrap inside
Reply #4051 - Jan 27th, 2019 at 11:10am

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4052 - Jan 28th, 2019 at 9:00pm

<  --------------  Don Emilio  " The Wolf  .. THE WOLF !!!!!   " Barzini  and Don Vito Andolini Corleone  :

« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2019 at 10:47am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4053 - Jan 28th, 2019 at 9:06pm

<  ------- VERY STRONG AND POWERFUL LEADER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :

« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2019 at 9:23am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4054 - Jan 28th, 2019 at 9:13pm

<  --------------- Another Friday Evening    ..................  Another Night of  ................ Wait for it !!!!!!!   .......   :

That is right .   THAT IS RIGHT !!!!!!   : 

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

*********  " DRINKING WITH Xi :      Another  ' ONE - OFF '  Edition due to insatiable , INSATIABLE demand  .  Poster's Note  :  Again , this new episode originates from the 1972 Kingston , Jamaica writing demos  .  Yes , Mick Taylor was present at these sessions  !!!!!!!  "   ***********

Hello Me Stonesian Brothers and Sisters    

WAGNER’S RING CYCLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!   ………. A HAMMER OF HEARTBEATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!  …… What Joey  .. ?!  …… A Pocahontas Television Campaign Advertisement  ?!
Frig No !   ………  I am talking about none other than the Lagavulin 16 Year Old Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky .

Hello Me Stoneslings  .  Well , Emperor Xi and his Entourage arrived into town a bit early Friday Afternoon for a quick dinner at Warren Buffet’s House and then
straight up the street to The Brazen Head with a very special Cold Winter’s Night Treat   ---- The “  Laga 16  “  .  Me Stonesian Brothers and Sisters  , as Xi himself
explained to us all Friday Evening   , “ this is a fascinating turn on an essentially peaty Islay  . The smoke offers a toasty element as it coyly introduces itself
on the nose , with hard candy as a partner . The peat comes on with salt spray in the mouth  , but once again gets quite candy sweet  , with a bread dough core  .
On the finish the smoke fairly disappears for awhile as you enjoy the delicate sweetness , masking the next wave of toast at the outer limits .  “  An absolutely
lovely young lady who pares down the Guinness Pints just enough to keep a nice steady buzz onward throughout the night .   
     Speaking of Pocahontas , I refuse to believe the American Public can tolerate one solid year of constant campaigning (  … her candidacy will suffocate
in the deep snows of Iowa and / or New Hampshire in 2020 )  . Our pets can not take this anymore  ; my poor cat Buster has already demanded a ‘ second
home abroad ‘ this summer/ fall as Poca’s incessantly shrill shrieking fraud is causing his fur to shed at an alarming rate as he sucks down more and more
of his Bavarian Rose Water [   …. This is flavored European Water to keep him fully hydrated and off the booze    -----  always   ……  The Booze ] . President Xi
developed a fantastic idea and wanted to know if there is any possible way The Congress of these United States can possibly and very quickly
declare our 45th President  --- The Great President Donald J. Trump ( Supreme “ PRECIOUS “ Leader ! )  : PRESIDENT FOR LIFE !!!! ? !   ….  !!!!!!!!!!
I stated that would solve our nation’s  “  Pocahontas Problem  “  once and for all and reduce many individual’s Pet Taxi expenses as they fly their animals to
foreign locations in order to save / protect their creature’s sanity  --  I Like It  .  The Emperor replied  ,  “ Works Well For Me ! “  Immediately his Entourage ,
myself and all attending waitresses began laughing hysterically as we clutched our abdomens  , fell off our bar stools and began to roll around on the floor
in sheer delirium .

Soon Assistant Bar Manager Heather stopped by our side of the bar , whispered something in Xi’s ear and the two of them disappeared into the Robert
Emmet Room for the rest of the evening    …… with the “  Laga 16 “  , of course   Smiley

*************************     ……………..  “  I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!!  “   …………….   *************************

« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2019 at 2:56pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4055 - Jan 28th, 2019 at 9:17pm

<  -------------  Some Guy   ?!  ..... !!!!!!    :

https://www.omaha.com/opinion/tyler-cowen-one-shutdown-lesson-americans-need-to-...

" Tyler Cowen: One shutdown lesson: Americans need to save more .  "

" Now that the partial government shutdown is over, perhaps it is appropriate to consider a delicate question: Is it still OK to tell people they need to save more money?

It's an issue that came to the fore during the last five weeks, when hundreds of thousands of federal government workers and many contractors, didn't get paid, leaving many of them illiquid. I sympathize with the frustrated, laid-off workers -- my wife was one of them -- and consider the government shutdown to have been flat-out stupid. But I have an increasingly disquieting feeling about the rhetoric surrounding it.

Most of all, I was sorry to see so many commentators dismissive of the idea of saving as a basic individual and social obligation. I saw plenty of deserved sympathy for federal employees and attacks on administration officials for making public-relations blunders. When multimillionaire and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said he didn't really understand why furloughed federal workers were going to food banks, that was poor judgment. But the response was mainly to attack him and not to ask whether the American savings rate ought in fact to be higher.

To be sure, in any individual case we should be reluctant to criticize someone for ending up with low or zero savings. It's hard to know the full details of any person's life, and an unexpected catastrophe or medical emergency can wipe out even the most conscientious savings plan.

But these kinds of explanations go only so far. For the last quarter century, the American personal savings rate has usually been below 10 percent and often below 5 percent. In the aggregate, most Americans simply don't save enough. This is quite aside from any misfortune they might encounter or hardship they might have inflicted on them -- and federal employees certainly suffered from both.

One common line of argument is that the cost of living is high in modern America, and families with children cannot be expected to save much. It's easy enough to see where that intuition comes from, especially in an era when prices for medical care, higher education and real estate have been rising at disproportionate rates.

Still, that is not an argument that people cannot or should not save. In fact, it might be an argument that they should save more and consume less.

Indeed a higher savings rate is possible, and not just for the wealthy. Most Mormons in the U.S., for example, manage to tithe at least 10 percent of their incomes. This suggests it is possible to curtail one's consumption without losing the best things in life. Mormons also tend to have especially large families, making tithing all the more difficult. If Mormons can tithe so much, is it so impossible for the rest of us, including government employees, to save more?

There is also a new "gospel of savings" in the U.S., being led by such renowned (but non-mainstream) figures as Dave Ramsey and Mr. Money Mustache. They reach millions of Americans, imploring them to strip down their consumption to essentials and to save a much higher percentage of their incomes, sometimes 20 percent or more. Ramsey wrote a column giving advice to unpaid federal workers, including to "sell stuff" and cancel Netflix.

In Western Europe, household savings rates often exceed 10 percent, even though many of those same households face a stiff tax burden. These savers simply don't consume as much -- right now. Because of course saving doesn't destroy consumption, it merely postpones it.

In China, where per-capita income is closer to that of Mexico than the U.S., household savings rates are often well over 30 percent. One reason for this may be that the Chinese know their economic futures might be extremely volatile, and thus they hold funds in reserve.

Maybe you think that Americans, who live in a wealthier nation, shouldn't have to be this way. And you're probably right. But to the extent America is that way, the implication is that the savings rate should be correspondingly higher. For more than a decade Jacob Hacker has been writing about the "great risk shift" and the increased volatility of household incomes. To the extent these claims are true -- and they are disputed -- they bolster the argument for a higher savings rate.

Alternatively, you might blame this whole episode on President Donald Trump being mean and erratic and see talk of low savings rates as irrelevant. That is an attempt at sleight of hand and emotional distraction. Insofar as the president is mean and erratic, it is yet another reason Americans should be saving more.

It has been a staple of common-sense morality for centuries that people ought to save for an uncertain future. It would be a shame if such talk is on the verge of becoming politically incorrect because it sounds too much like blaming the victim.

Trump's presidency has created many victims. Let's not allow common sense to become yet another of its casualties. Most Americans really ought to be saving more. It shouldn't be controversial to point this out, even if the most obvious illustrations of this national failure also happen to be the most recent victims of Trump's ineptitude. "

« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2019 at 9:03am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4056 - Jan 28th, 2019 at 9:31pm

« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2019 at 9:04am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4057 - Jan 28th, 2019 at 9:48pm

« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2019 at 1:54pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #4058 - Jan 29th, 2019 at 10:40pm
Joey wrote on Jan 28th, 2019 at 9:48pm:

So is his asshole. Kiss my undercover ass

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4059 - Jan 30th, 2019 at 11:29am
Joey wrote on Jan 28th, 2019 at 9:48pm:

OMG God PLEASE bless America

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4060 - Jan 30th, 2019 at 11:32am
Probably in his second term he will build a little wall (AROUND HIM), he already spent more money closing the house that the money he is asking to build a wall that Mexico already paid with the savings of the new NAFTA

Oh no! not you again That was clever Ouch! Puke all over me (wait that is BLEED) piss off

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4061 - Jan 30th, 2019 at 11:46am
Can we make the header be that picture of Voo giving the Trump building the bird?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4062 - Jan 30th, 2019 at 9:02pm

<  ---------   Emotional  !!!!!   :

« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2019 at 9:40am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4063 - Jan 30th, 2019 at 9:10pm

<  --------   TWO GIANTS  !!!!!!!   :

« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2019 at 2:56pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4064 - Jan 30th, 2019 at 9:12pm
Some Guy wrote on Jan 30th, 2019 at 11:46am:
Can we make the header be that picture of Voo giving the Trump building the bird?

LOL headers are always stones-related too bad that day I was not wearing a Rolling Stones t-shirt… Well, wait… that Tee has the Rolling Stones name in it, it's from the Knebworth Fair festival (including Hot Tuna, Lynyrd Skynyrd and more)

No pun intended for those who love Trump, I was both Democrat and Republican until this bastard created the Disunited States of America

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4065 - Jan 30th, 2019 at 9:17pm

<  ----------- Some Guy   ?!  ..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :

https://www.omaha.com/opinion/robert-j-samuelson-the-national-debt----still/arti...

" Robert J. Samuelson: The national debt -- still out of control . "

" WASHINGTON — At the start of every year, the Congressional Budget Office publishes its annual “The Budget and Economic Outlook,” a tome full of statistics, tables and charts. Frankly, it’s easy to get swamped by the numbers.

To make sense of the report, I’ve selected five takeaways that capture the main points.

» The U.S. economy is in the midst of a long-term slowdown. Despite low unemployment, annual economic growth averaged only 1.6 percent for the years 2008-18, half the 3.2 percent average from 1950-2018. Two causes are usually cited: the retirement of baby boomers, which reduces growth in the labor force; and a slump in productivity growth — that is, efficiency.

» Budget deficits, estimated at roughly $900 billion for 2019 and $11.6 trillion for 2020-29, can’t be blamed on recessions, which typically increase government spending (for unemployment insurance and the like) and reduce tax revenues. Deficits reflect an unwillingness to pay higher taxes or cut spending.

» Government priorities have shifted dramatically from defense to health care and retirement. Though well-known, the scale of this transformation is still startling. In 1969, defense represented 45 percent of federal outlays; Social Security and health benefits were 19 percent. For 2019, defense’s share is 15 percent and the health care-Social Security share is 49 percent. By 2029, the defense share is projected at 11 percent, the health care-retiree share at 56 percent.

» Interest costs could explode. Until now, low rates have kept interest spending down. But that may soon end, if — as seems likely — both deficits and interest rates rise. In 2018, net interest costs were $325 billion, about 8 percent of federal outlays. The CBO projection for 2029 is $928 billion, or nearly 13 percent of outlays.

» The outlook may be worse than the CBO projects. Its estimates include some admittedly optimistic assumptions. For starters, there’s no allowance for a recession. Everyone knows there’s going to be another recession, but the (understandable) practice has been not to try to predict it. Similarly, it’s hard to imagine that Congress will acquiesce to the squeeze on defense and some domestic programs that are embedded in the spending projections.

What we have is an inherently unstable situation, though we do not know — and probably cannot know — how or when the possible dangers will materialize.

The basic instability arises because, as our national debt goes up, the capacity to service it goes down. If the economy’s growth rate, which is the ultimate source of debt repayment, were much stronger, the danger would not be so great.

But, of course, the economy’s growth rate has weakened. The largest threat is probably some sort of panic whereby investors lose confidence. They dump Treasury securities in financial markets, sending interest rates up and making the burden of debt even greater. This is hardly inevitable, but it is not impossible either. To believe otherwise is wishful thinking — imprudent at best, reckless at worst. "

« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2019 at 9:12am by Joey »  

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #4066 - Jan 30th, 2019 at 10:37pm
What's the difference between Melania and Ivanka Trump?

None.
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2019 at 10:42pm by MrPleasant »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4067 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 9:01pm

« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2019 at 9:01am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4068 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 9:07pm

« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2019 at 9:03am by Joey »  

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #4069 - Feb 1st, 2019 at 3:38am
Boring shit.

Is there an APP in order to stop showing mugs of any Trump's ugly children? (And stupid as fuck relatives.)

Please.
Peace.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2019 at 3:39am by MrPleasant »  

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4070 - Feb 1st, 2019 at 7:39pm
LOL this is democrat and...

Ralph Northam's yearbook page shows man in KKK costume and another apparently in blackface

"I am deeply sorry for the decision I made to appear as I did in this photo and for the hurt that decision caused then and now."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ralph-northams-yearbook-page-shows-man-in-kkk-costu...

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4071 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 5:31pm
Reposted at this fits here too

pursuits
Rolling Stones Piano Man Talks Trump, Trade and Touring

By Peter Newcomb
February 2, ‎2019‎ ‎10‎:‎50‎ ‎a.m.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-02/rolling-stones-piano-man-talk...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #4072 - Feb 3rd, 2019 at 10:23am
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Feb 1st, 2019 at 7:39pm:
LOL this is democrat and...

Ralph Northam's yearbook page shows man in KKK costume and another apparently in blackface

"I am deeply sorry for the decision I made to appear as I did in this photo and for the hurt that decision caused then and now."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ralph-northams-yearbook-page-shows-man-in-kkk-costu...

What is really fucked up about this....is the school let the picture get published in the first place. Jerks like this need to go but man for the school to just let it get published..in the 80's ffs?

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #4073 - Feb 4th, 2019 at 12:42am
Guys,

I was on a Mission.  A Mormon Mission.  Far flung.  The reaches of the world.  Hither and yonder.

This thread is all wrong.  Every bit, every coin, every tax.  I'll sort you guys out on this stuff.  Let me get something together for you, and change can take place in your dark hearts.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4074 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 9:03pm

<  --------------------   VERY STRONG LEADER !!!!! President Donald J.  "  BIG DADDY  --- JOCK EWING !  "  Trump !!!!   :

« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2019 at 8:30am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 ... 275
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)