Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 ... 276
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 896,035 times)
Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!) - Enter at your own risk! Warning… Probable bullcrap inside
Reply #3950 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 9:04am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Hard and fast motherfuckers. Hard and fast.

« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2018 at 9:08am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!) - Enter at your own risk! Warning… Probable bullcrap inside
Reply #3951 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 9:15pm

<  -------------- GIMMEKEEF   ?!  ..... !!!!!   ...... Look at What Rising Interest Rates are Doing to the Deficit  ! :

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-13/u-s-budget-deficit-hits-wides...

" U.S. Budget Deficit Hits Widest on Record for Month of November .  "

" The U.S. posted the widest November budget deficit on record as spending doubled revenue.

Outlays jumped 18 percent to $411 billion last month, while receipts were little changed at $206 billion, the Treasury Department said in a monthly report on Thursday. That left a $205 billion shortfall, compared with a $139 billion gap a year earlier.

The U.S. ran the largest deficit in six years in fiscal 2018, the first full year of Donald Trump’s presidency when his Republican party enacted a tax-cut package and raised federal spending for the military and other priorities. The measures have added to the growing federal deficit, which is forecast to push past $1 trillion by 2020 when the U.S. next holds presidential elections.

In the first two months of the fiscal year that began Oct. 1, the gap widened to $305.4 billion, compared with $201.8 billion the same period a year earlier.

Spending on Department of Defense military programs rose 18 percent in October and November from the same two months a year earlier, while outlays for total interest on the public debt jumped by 7 percent.  "
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2018 at 2:56pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

BONOISLOVE
Rocks Off Regular

The world
Reply #3952 - Dec 14th, 2018 at 12:24pm
"Hey, Joey: KISS ME! i'm another skank!"

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3953 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 5:21am
Mick Jagger Meets San Francisco Mayor Feinstein in 1981

Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger met with San Francisco's then-mayor Dianne Feinstein to help her promote her "Save the Cable Cars" campaign in 1981.

https://cbsloc.al/2UOvB9G

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3954 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 10:27am
Can we get a break from the insanity for Christmas?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3955 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 10:58am
Some Guy wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 10:27am:

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3956 - Dec 19th, 2018 at 11:33am
Some Guy wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 10:27am:

<  -------------------   Happy Happy Holidays Me Stonesian Brothers and Sisters from the Valley of the Sun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ............................................     "  I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    "     :

« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2018 at 11:35am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3957 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 12:14pm

<  -----------  Some Guy   ?!  .... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/women-who-love-trump-11545264804

By Daniel Henninger

" Women Who Love Trump . "

" His approval among female Republicans is 93%—higher than among GOP men.   "

" A truism of the midterm elections is that women in the suburbs revolted against Donald Trump—or were revolted by Mr. Trump—and took it out on Republican candidates. Surveying the carnage among incumbent Republicans, there is little reason to challenge this conventional wisdom.

Still, some of us on principle don’t feel at home with the conventional wisdom, even as we admit its undeniable reality. So this week we are going to spend some time with what may be America’s most determined political outliers—the women who love Trump.

They aren’t just women. They are self-identified Republican women. No one likes Mr. Trump more than Republican women do. This parallel truth about women in the electorate jumped out from the data in the Dec. 17 Fox News Poll, a random national sample of registered voters.

Mr. Trump’s overall approval rating in the Fox poll is 46%. His approval among Republican women is 93%—8 points beyond his approval among GOP men. Republican women outrun men in their support for Mr. Trump on virtually every issue Fox polled.

These women aren’t doubt-free Trumpians. Of that remarkable 93% figure, 36% “somewhat” approve of him.

The president should be especially happy with the love he’s getting on the great hate of his life—the Russia-collusion investigation. The percentage of GOP women who think the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians in 2016 is a mere 12%. The Republican men in their lives buy the collusion narrative at a 20% rate.

We aren’t underestimating the evident problem Mr. Trump has among U.S. women voters generally. The percentage of the Fox sample self-identifying as Republican women is 17%. Mainly, the strength of their belief stands as a benchmark of Trump support. If they ever go wobbly on Mr. Trump in any significant way, he’s done.

From that perspective, the details inside the Fox poll get interesting.

On the state of the economy, whose strength so far is the Trump presidency’s biggest achievement, GOP women are largely positive. Eighty-nine percent approve of his handling of it.

When asked if 2018 has been a good year for them and their families, 72% of Republican women said it was. In fact, a fairly amazing 41% of Democratic men said 2018 has been a good year for them, as did 31% of Democratic women. Indeed, 35% of Democratic men are hopeful about the country’s direction. These guys must be the most deeply closeted class of people in America.

That question about personal well-being, apparently, isn’t the same thing as asking people if they think 2018 has been good for “the country.” GOP women held steady at 71%, but Democratic men and women plummeted into the teens.

I will argue until the final day that if Twitter didn’t exist, Mr. Trump would be having a politically successful presidency. The Trump tweets and counterattacks keep the country in a state of perpetual agitation. That artificially created anxiety may net out as a steady downdraft on the Trump presidency.

The measure of Republican women who are “concerned” about the economy is high, at 68%. About the same level of economic concern is reflected in all of the groups polled.

Nor do these Republican women think they are living in a Trumpian La La Land: 71% are upset at the country’s political divisions, and 18% don’t think Mr. Trump will be re-elected.

Which brings us to what may be the greatest Republican political blunder of this generation—failing to fix ObamaCare. The percentage of GOP women who express concern about health care is 77%.

Think the Democrats’ Medicare-for-all default can’t happen? On a scale of fair to excellent, Republican women give Bernie Sanders a net positive rating of 28%. I’d have expected it to be near zero.

No other potential Democratic candidate registers a heartbeat among these women, with one exception—Joe Biden, with what I’d call a nonnegative rating of 41%.

Unlike on deregulation and taxes, President Trump didn’t play much of a leadership role on health care or immigration this year; little got done legislatively. To be learned next year is whether any flank-covering deal Mr. Trump does for 2020 with the Pelosi Democrats on these issues will dent his support among the female Republican base. Some of the one-third who “somewhat” approve of him might become so-whats.

For now, they are on board the USS Trump no matter how many icebergs others see: 64% of these women don’t think the Mueller prosecution will come up with anything criminal or impeachable. Their GOP menfolk seem to be inching toward the lifeboats, at 57%.

We can end on a holiday high note. The Fox survey asked: “When deciding who to spend time with this holiday season, will the political views of friends and family be a factor.” Seventeen percent of grumpy Democratic men said yeah, it would be a “major” factor. But only 10% of Republican women said they’d banish friends or family over Ebenezer Trump. As Tiny Tim said, “God bless us, every one.”

« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2018 at 12:17pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3958 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 12:22pm

<  ---------------  GIMMEKEEF   ...........  ?!  .... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-didnt-kill-the-bush-values-1544053897

By Daniel Henninger

" Trump Didn’t Kill the Bush Values . "

" The opposition to traditional virtues was evident at the 1992 convention. "

" With the certainty of the tides, the media is awash with invidious comparisons between George H.W. Bush in death and Donald J. Trump in the White House. From the anti-Trump metronomes at the Washington Post there was this: “Trump’s time in office, by contrast, has been defined by a war against virtually all of the norms and institutions that Bush held dear.”

Manifestly, George Bush’s death has put in motion a nostalgia for something lost. And it is a nostalgia that appears to be bipartisan. What has been lost, however, predates the election of 2016.

Recall that the same longing for a vanished era occurred when Barbara Bush died in April. By contrast with this week’s commentary, what she stood for was discussed without political recrimination or score-settling.

Her private and public values, shared over a lifetime with her husband, were said to be rooted in New England traditions of comportment and belief originating far back in American history. Those Bush values are definable in words such as temperance, self-restraint, plain-speaking, honesty, duty, forbearance, humility, prudence, courage.

There is nothing particularly unique to New England or even white Anglo-Saxon Protestanism about those values. These traits emerged everywhere as generations of Americans turned the frontier into a civilized nation. They were necessary.

Most of the Bush values can be found on any list of what are called—or used to be called—virtues. It is telling that these same simple virtues are now being praised by a media that has done so much in the past 30 years to undermine them.

Bush entered the White House in 1989. Since then, two overlapping currents have run through American life—one cultural, the other political. The big change that was coming in the political culture hit me hard at the Republican National Convention in Houston in 1992.

The “religious right” was there, but what I recall isn’t so much Pat Robertson or Pat Buchanan but the families who showed up to listen to a speech on the culture by Vice President Dan Quayle.

By then, the religious right was used to being vilified by liberals. What I saw in the audience was mostly husbands and wives in their 30s or 40s with one or two children along. The men looked as if they might be middle managers or computer technicians. I thought they seemed pretty normal, but intensely focused on what back then had become a big issue—“family values.”

As I stood among the media, it couldn’t have been clearer that most of them were largely appalled by these very traditional people and their politics.

The novelist Norman Mailer covered the Houston convention for the New Republic and what he wrote about Barbara Bush spoke for repelled liberals everywhere:

“That was just what she did in her speech on Family Values. It was no rhetorical gem. On the page, it read like one of those decaffeinated pieces of prose that used to blanket the old Reader’s Digest, affirmative, highly simplified, and emotionally available to anyone whose I.Q. had managed to stay below 100.”

The media, or much of it, chose to conflate “family values” with “the right.” (While we’re on the subject, the right’s dismissal of “the Bushies” even now is cut from the same uselessly reductionist cloth.) That stereotyping of popular concerns about traditional values was one reason why a partisan political gulf began to open in those years.

Truth to tell, many of the values those suddenly beyond-the-pale convention-goers represented in Houston in 1992 were shared by Barbara and George Bush. One possible exception is abortion rights, the issue-of-all-issues, which became a litmus test and weapon to drive the Houston types out of acceptable political society.

Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, who by the time of their presidential campaigns represented the victors in the culture wars, still took time to rhetorically slam the losers, who by then really were clinging to what was left from those battles.

After Donald Trump won narrowly in 2016, a consensus formed that his support had come from “forgotten” men and women. That’s for sure. That three-decades-ago convention in Texas is as good a marker as any for when Democrats and liberal opinion started a long political and cultural distancing from much of the American middle class.

Times change. Family values have been displaced by a more media-driven agenda: racism, identity, gender, immigration, tariffs. Taxes are a constant, but if President Trump raises taxes next year in a compromise with the Pelosi Democrats, don’t expect the Beltway press to give him the same praise 41 is getting this week for reversing his no-new-taxes pledge.

Perhaps, like Bush, Donald Trump will be a one-term president, and for the same reason—a slowing U.S. economy. But if you want to discover why America lost the personal and political values of George H.W. Bush, forget Donald Trump. Look deeper.   "

Write [email protected].
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2018 at 12:24pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3959 - Dec 26th, 2018 at 1:16pm
I'm going to the Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker tonight !

Hope I don't get a subpoena tomorrow.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #3960 - Dec 27th, 2018 at 8:29am
Edith Grove wrote on Dec 26th, 2018 at 1:16pm:
I'm going to the Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker tonight !

Hope I don't get a subpoena tomorrow.

Better hope you don't get your nuts cracked Edith!...enjoy!

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3961 - Dec 28th, 2018 at 11:16am
I am tuning out.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3962 - Dec 28th, 2018 at 2:56pm
Some Guy wrote on Dec 28th, 2018 at 11:16am:
I am tuning out.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3963 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 6:09am
Jane, you ignorant slut !!

Jane Curtin: ‘My New Year’s Resolution Is To Make Sure The Republican Party Dies’

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jane-curtin-new-years-resolution-republican...

Back when Jane was truly funny:

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3964 - Jan 3rd, 2019 at 9:35pm

« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2019 at 8:36am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3965 - Jan 3rd, 2019 at 9:43pm

« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2019 at 8:38am by Joey »  

IP Logged

glimmertwinfan
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Michigan
Reply #3966 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 4:14am
Edith Grove wrote on Dec 17th, 2018 at 5:21am:
Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger met with San Francisco's then-mayor Dianne Feinstein to help her promote her "Save the Cable Cars" campaign in 1981.

With Feinstein it could have been trying save the Pony Express or to stop the Louisiana Purchase. Thank God Mick was involved and the video was in color to show it wasn't "too" old. I love how he simply told her "madam, I think we're done". The first time I've ever seen anyone shut her up.
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2019 at 12:24pm by glimmertwinfan »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #3967 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 8:51pm
Oh yeah and one more thing...............FUCK TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3968 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 9:20am

<  -----------------  SweetCharmedLife  ……………………. ?!   …    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-at-the-turn-11546473140

" Trump at the Turn . "

" We have entered a Trumpian Twilight Zone and the path forward is not clear.  "

By Daniel Henninger

" Donald Trump’s unique presidency has entered a strange period, a kind of Trumpian Twilight Zone. Mitt Romney’s opportunistic, up-yours op-ed for the Washington Post got one thing right: The odd mood around the Trump presidency has a lot to do with what happened in December.

Politics this Christmas season felt like Jimmy Stewart stumbling through the nightmares of “It’s a Wonderful Life”—but without the happy ending. Inside a week, the Federal Reserve raised interest rates, the stock market plunged, President Trump proclaimed he was pulling U.S. troops out of Syria, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis resigned, the president told him to get out by Jan. 1, and the government shut down. The new year dawned with Mr. Trump meeting at the White House with his new Democratic frenemies.

You are looking at President Trump at the turn. Mr. Trump now occupies the middle space between the first two years of his presidency and the months devoted to his likely campaign for re-election. Does he deserve four more years? Do we? That last question has been coming up in conversations a lot since the week before Christmas.

In considering what comes next for the 45th president, set to one side the anti-Trumpians and the Never Trumpers. Psychiatrists will tell you there is no cure for either narcissistic personality disorder or Trump derangement syndrome. For the unafflicted, the goal from the beginning has been to assess the Trump presidency one day at a time.

By any conservative standard, Mr. Trump’s first year should be regarded as successful: a significant reduction in business taxation, radical deregulation of the U.S. economy, the Neil Gorsuch Supreme Court nomination and withdrawal from the quixotic Paris climate accord.

Pop quiz: How many of Mr. Trump’s primary opponents—or a President Romney, for that matter—would have done all of that? We’ve written previously that Mr. Trump could have walked away after the first year and entered the Republican pantheon.

He stayed, and year two has been up and down. Mr. Trump pulled out of Barack Obama’s flawed nuclear deal with Iran. Deregulation in 2017 resurrected U.S. energy production. The economy produced by the policies of the first year—an accomplishment shared with the McConnell-Ryan Republican Congress—has been strong, with more Americans finding work and getting paid higher real wages.

Mr. Trump’s most admirable act of 2018 was staying the course with Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination. Liberals’ willingness to ratify a radically lower standard of due process will affect politics for years. Under enormous pressure, Mr. Trump didn’t flinch.

But the policies and issues to which Mr. Trump dedicated his energy last year and took personal responsibility are incomplete at best—imposing tariffs on nearly everyone, trade negotiations, the North Korean nuclear threat, and unto eternity, the border wall.

Ultimately, the political world spent 2018 waiting for the midterm elections. Because Mr. Trump insists on being the hourly focus of the country’s political life, the midterms were rightly viewed as a referendum on him.

What we learned is that segments of the electorate—in large right-of-center suburbs and purple states—that once supported Mr. Trump or leaned Republican are now disaffected. They dislike the Trump persona, or are worn out by it.

It is hard to know if the Republican party has lost them or how many would actually vote for a Democratic presidential candidate, such as New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. He is now calling himself a “pragmatic progressive” and his inaugural address this week proclaimed a “new justice agenda.”

One may ask: Have many moderate voters concluded that a Democratic presidency as defined by the party’s resurgent left is simply unacceptable? The anyone-but-Hillary vote was about more than just Hillary.

As a president enters his third year and turns toward re-election, attention normally would focus on his potential opponents and the prospects for his agenda. This being the non-normal Trump presidency, the conversation has turned to other things and, because Mr. Trump wants it this way, it’s always about him. As a result, much of Mr. Trump’s presidency operates in a state of near-total eclipse.

For example, the Brookings Institution’s Center on Regulation and Markets listsabout 150 Trump administration deregulation initiatives completed or under way affecting the environment, telecom, finance, housing, health, agriculture, labor and education. It is a conservative, growth-enhancing accomplishment to which the president gives zero publicity and therefore scores no political points. Humility isn’t the explanation.

Instead, most of the political conversation since those seven days in December has been about “constraining Trump,” confronting him or seeking primary challengers. It is politically depressive.

“Familiarity breeds contempt” is a truism that dates back more than six centuries. Also still true is that electorates desert politicians who wear out their welcomes.   "

Write [email protected].
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2019 at 9:23am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3969 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 11:00am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 8:51pm:
Oh yeah and one more thing...............FUCK TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Sailor
Rocks Off Regular

You nicked my phone

Buenos Aires
Reply #3970 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 12:50pm
We've come full cycle recently. Maybe there will be a Stones pic with Cristina 2019  Grin

« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2019 at 1:23pm by Sailor »  

Hannah honey was a peachy kinda girl...her eyes were hazel and her nose was slightly curved

IP Logged

BONOISLOVE
Rocks Off Regular

The world
Reply #3971 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 1:26am
Trump is "a racist asshole with feet off clay".

This makes the Bono cry beyond belief. What is clay?

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #3972 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:00am
Sailor wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 12:50pm:
We've come full cycle recently. Maybe there will be a Stones pic with Cristina 2019  Grin

I never knew Ricardo Montalban was a Stones fan....

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3973 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 10:33am
Ya'll think the boys will pose with Donald & Melania while they're in D.C.?  Ouch!

#WhiteHouseGotBalls

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3974 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 10:34am
Insert Trumpy Bear here.......
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2019 at 1:16pm by Edith Grove »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 ... 276
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)