Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 ... 275
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 890,380 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!) - Enter at your own risk! Warning… Probable bullcrap inside
Reply #3475 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:05pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

<  --------------- Another Friday Evening    ..................  Another Night of  ................ Wait for it !!!!!!!   .......   :

That is right .   THAT IS RIGHT !!!!!!   : 

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

*********  " DRINKING WITH Xi !!!!!!!  "   ***********

Hello Me Stoneslings  ,   

I arrived at the Brazen Head Friday Evening promptly at 9:45 PM  ; CDT only to discover Emperor Xi and his Entourage already at the bar with Xi himself deeply engaged in conversation with Bar Manger Christy  .  Upon my arrival , Xi immediately motioned for me to sit down in the saved seat right next to him and ordered up a round of Guinness Pints . I sensed right away that Xi had a somewhat perturbed , anxious and unsettled ambience and I asked if everything was alright ?  The Emperor stated he was a bit concerned about reports of a coming " Blue Wave " this November . I assured Xi that there was no need for consternation and that President Donald J.  " Big Daddy ! "  Trump has got everything under control  . Xi looked at me quizzically and said one word : " Helsinki ? "  I nodded affirmatively and assured Emperor Xi  , in no uncertain terms  , that the same Americans who had shocked , dismayed and stunned looks on their faces the morning of November  9th , 2016 will do so once again Wednesday Morning  this November 7th  . As if to reaffirm  , I purred , " ONCE KGB !!!!!   .. ALWAYS KGB !!!!!!  "  Xi smiled , sat back in his chair and brayed , " That calls for some Jagerbombs .  " 
     We sucked down some more Guinness and I got up the nerve to ask Emperor Xi about China's Role in the Vietnam War . Xi looked askance and stated ,  " What do you mean ?  "  I alluded to the fact that even though China never sent in combat troops during the War there simply MUST have been two to three hundred thousand Chinese Support Troops  [ Tarmac Repair , Mechanical Engineers , Infrastructure Repair Technicians ] in and around all the North Vietnamese cities during the 1960's  . Xi looked right in my eyes and held up Five Fingers  .  " FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND !!!!  " I brayed  .  No WONDER we lost the Friggin War . Xi concurred and stated the only reason why China did not send in Combat Troops { See : Korean War 1950 -1953 } was due to the fact that our President Johnson went to war by inches , established the  ' correct ' limitations on the American Military throughout the conflict and never invaded their close Cambodian Ally .   

It was at EXACTLY that moment when Bar Manager Christy arrived on our side of the bar , whispered ' something ' in Xi' s ear and the two of them slipped off into the ' Robert Emmet ' room never to be seen again for the rest of the evening . 

'kins ™ ©

« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2018 at 4:57pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!) - Enter at your own risk! Warning… Probable bullcrap inside
Reply #3476 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:18pm

« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2018 at 2:29pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3477 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 6:25am
nankerphelge wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 6:27pm:
Sounds like our President is considering reopening the Clinton investigation.  Wouldn't that be something.

Well, that hurts and I don't think I want to take your abuse and I know I don't want to take you and your luggage to the airport. How 'bout that?

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #3478 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 7:37am
Sounds like our President is considering reopening the Clinton investigation.  Wouldn't that be something.

anything to deflect from his own problems...Now the Clinton Foundation? I'm guessing there some "Manafort" there to be had.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3479 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 7:42am
gimmekeef wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 7:37am:

anything to deflect from his own problems...Now the Clinton Foundation? I'm guessing there some "Manafort" there to be had.

« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2018 at 11:27am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3480 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:18pm
Some Guy wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 6:25am:

Well, that hurts and I don't think I want to take your abuse and I know I don't want to take you and your luggage to the airport. How 'bout that?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Wild Bill
Rocks Off Regular

Peace, love y abrazos

East Ozarks
Reply #3481 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 3:16pm
gimmekeef wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 7:37am:

These numbers "deflect" from his own problems very nicely:

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpsee_e16.htm

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #3482 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 4:59pm
Not the Clinton Foundation -- Hillary herself is how I read it.  I know the CF is already being investigated.  And the DOJ IG is investigating the FBI's role in the original Clinton investigation re: use of a private server for classified info.  But the way I read the President's tweet is that he believes the investigation needs to be redone.  That'll be excellent.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #3483 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 6:55pm

frequent flyer? what does mel think?
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2018 at 6:57pm by mojoman »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3484 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:10pm

<  ------------ Some Guy   ?!  .... !!!!! :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-mike-pompeo-is-succeeding-where-rex-...

" How Mike Pompeo is succeeding where Rex Tillerson failed .  "

By David Ignatius

" When Secretary of State Mike Pompeo spoke at his swearing-in ceremony on May 2, he advised his new colleagues at Foggy Bottom: “I want the State Department to get its swagger back.” State doesn’t really do “swagger,” but career officials say morale has improved from the rock-bottom level it reached with his predecessor, Rex Tillerson.

Pompeo, a boisterous former representative , seems to be keeping his own swagger in check at State. His watchword so far has mostly been a version of “Keep your mouth shut.” Many secretaries of state say they want to practice quiet diplomacy, and that was certainly Tillerson’s goal. But Pompeo has made it an operating principle.

Pompeo is behaving at State much as he did as CIA director. His role is often that of a secret presidential envoy; he manages the North Korean denuclearization talks, the administration’s most sensitive file, pretty much out of his briefcase. And, perhaps most important, he’s able to speak authoritatively (mostly in private) for the president, something that Tillerson could never do.

The abrasive ideological edge that brought Pompeo to the House as a tea party Republican in 2010 is still there; it surfaced visibly in his prickly answers at a Senate hearing last month. But at State, as at the CIA, Pompeo has surprised some observers by championing career officers who were initially skeptical of him.

Discerning Pompeo’s strategy is hard because of his reticence, but you can see the outlines in his public comments.

Let’s start with the State Department itself. Pompeo said from his first day that he wanted to bolster a demoralized foreign service, and he sought advice from a wide circle of former State officials, including some who had been very critical of President Trump. Where Tillerson had left key positions unfilled, Pompeo has used his clout with the White House and Congress to clear appointments. More than a dozen major posts are likely to be confirmed next week, perhaps including four high-level “career ambassadors.”

Pompeo’s choice of David Hale as undersecretary for political affairs, traditionally the top foreign-service job, is telling. Hale is an old-school diplomat. As ambassador to Lebanon and Pakistan, he deftly managed two of America’s most sensitive accounts. His presence will encourage U.S. and foreign diplomats alike.

North Korea is Pompeo’s hardest test. As CIA director, he was Trump’s secret channel to Kim Jong Un; now he has the complex job of translating Trump’s ebullient Singapore summitry into a verifiable denuclearization plan. To understand his approach, it’s worth paying close attention to his brief remarks last week in Asia.

Pompeo signaled, notably, that he endorses Kim’s desire for a gradual, phased process of denuclearization, linked with a broader de-escalation of tensions. He said during an Aug. 3 television interview in Singapore that “we are engaged in things that will improve the trust between our two countries” and that “the ultimate timeline for denuclearization will be set by Chairman Kim, at least in part.”

Asked on Aug. 5 by a U.S. journalist whether, under a “phased approach,” some reciprocal concessions “are possible before the end,” Pompeo answered: “Yeah. That’s right.” Not exactly a road map, but that’s Pompeo.

Even as Pompeo signals his readiness for a step-by-step process, he is insisting that U.N. sanctions “will remain in place until we have full denuclearization in North Korea,” as he put it last week in Singapore. Pompeo’s fear, presumably, is that premature removal of sanctions would allow North Korea to wiggle out of denuclearization, as it has in past negotiations.

South Korean officials have tried to reassure Pyongyang by promising a formal declaration ending the Korean War by the end of this year. This declaration might encourage reciprocal concessions from Kim, but it could also undermine the rationale for continued U.N. sanctions. Pompeo remains mum on whether he’s willing to play this card.

Pompeo’s other big headache is Iran. And despite Trump’s proclamation that he was ready for talks with Iranian leaders, Pompeo continues to voice a skeptical hard line. He told reporters on Aug. 5 that any progress in the relationship will “require enormous change on the part of the Iranian regime,” but that “there’s no evidence to date of their desire to change.” Prepare for a long, slow squeeze.

Being chief diplomat for the most undiplomatic president in modern history can’t be easy. The process broke Tillerson. But, so far, Pompeo has managed to reassure the State Department without enraging the man in the Oval Office. Maybe because he shares Trump’s “big guy” persona, Pompeo has been the rare subordinate who stays close to the president, but not so close he gets burned. "
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2018 at 8:35am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3485 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:19pm

<  ----------------  WHAT A PIECE OF ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!    ...... I SWEAR SHE LOOKS LIKE BARBI BENTON ( circa 1979 )   .... WOLFPUSS   ?!     ...... 1979 WOLF    ?!!!!!    ....... IT WOULD BE TOO MUCH TO ASK !!!!!!!!!!!!!   :  

« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2018 at 2:41pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3486 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:41pm

<  ------------ Top to Toe in Tailbacks !!!!!!!!!!!   :

« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2018 at 8:47am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3487 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 7:21am
If we can get Riffy and glencar back here we can take this puppy viral.

« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2018 at 8:07am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3488 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 4:12pm
Well, Pearl Jam ain't getting any more of my money.......

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3489 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 5:30pm

Please post the updated enemies list ASAP.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3490 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:04pm

« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2018 at 8:33am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3491 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:28pm
nankerphelge wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 4:59pm:
Not the Clinton Foundation -- Hillary herself is how I read it.  I know the CF is already being investigated.  And the DOJ IG is investigating the FBI's role in the original Clinton investigation re: use of a private server for classified info.  But the way I read the President's tweet is that he believes the investigation needs to be redone.  That'll be excellent.

<  ------------- AMEN Nanky !!!!!   .......  Presidents NEVER Threaten     ----- They do not HAVE to Threaten ( Read : Unleash the I.R.S. on these Nasty People  [ Worked Wonders for President Obama back in 2010 ] )  . 

Concur Lil' Herbie  .  Our Great President Donald J. Trump  [ Paramount Leader !  ] has been waaaaay too nice to some of these individuals . Time to hit these Bastards RIGHT where it hurts  ---- In the WALLET !!!!!!!!   
IRS
:

« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2018 at 4:43pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3492 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 5:35am
Some Guy wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 5:30pm:
Please post the updated enemies list ASAP.

"Never that great"

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #3493 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 7:15am
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 4:12pm:

Poor taste and you're entitled to boycott of course. It's all part of the endless downward spiral of civility lead by the Tweetmeister himself. Sad state of affairs when the President spends his time attacking people rather that ummm...say....figure out how he got played by North Korea?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3494 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 8:25am
You'll get fucking up and like it.

"He said black guys help the white guys"

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-black-white-apprentice_us_5b75...
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2018 at 8:41am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3495 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 1:43pm

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #3496 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 2:47pm
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 1:43pm:

Edith....this is out of date...the new Fox  News angle is Socialist......kickin the bullshit up another notch

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3497 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 3:21pm
Saw my first pre tariff sale ad on TV. Save 25% now before tariffs kick in. Sad...

"First rule of Apprentice, don't fuck with Omarosa"- Donald Trump
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2018 at 3:28pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3498 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 4:21pm
gimmekeef wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 2:47pm:
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 1:43pm:

Edith....this is out of date...the new Fox  News angle is Socialist......kickin the bullshit up another notch

Here's something a bit more trendy:

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3499 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 9:04pm

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1704943968?book_show_action=true&from_revi...

" In Mommy Dearest Bushkin writes, “There’s not a single factor that contributed more to Johnny’s dislike towards women (and lack of real attachment to other people) than his own mother, Ruth Carson.” In Mommy Dearest, which was written with Dr. Arthur Malin, Bushkin diagnoses Carson as suffering from Narcissist Personality Disorder, or NPD. Was Carson a narcissist? Perhaps, but it might also be true that being a huge celebrity for many years made him a narcissist. In Johnny Carson, Bushkin tells a story about Carson throwing a fit when his room wasn’t ready at the Las Vegas hotel he was performing at. Sure, Carson was more annoyed than he should have been, but when was the last time Johnny Carson had to wait more than 5 minutes for anything ? Probably 1958. If you’ve had everything handed to you on a silver platter for decades, why would you have any patience? Jeanne Prior, Carson’s secretary during the 1960’s, said of him “Except for the beginning years of his life, I don’t think Johnny has ever been rejected. Just think of the fact of going around for thirty years and never being rejected by almost anybody, not waiters, not anybody. What do you think would be easier to live with, his life or the life most of us live? There is a cost, and that’s why he insulates himself.” (King of the Night, by Laurence Leamer, p.160) I’m not trying to defend Carson’s behavior, but put it in a broader context. In general, I think it’s difficult for celebrities to keep in touch with the real world, and latent tendencies in their personalities can bloom once they have wealth and power.  "
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2018 at 2:56pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 ... 275
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)