Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 276
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 896,057 times)
sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #375 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 2:34pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Joey wrote on Oct 18th, 2016 at 9:41pm:
<  -------------     **********  {  " THREE WEEKS FROM TODAY !!!!!!  "   }  **********

" Thank You Vladimir   ---  Ronnie Cakes !!!!!  "

Czar Joey ™

You've got that backwards. But you know that, don't you Joey?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #376 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 9:13pm

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #377 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 10:07pm

<  ----------- Some Guy  ......... ?!  .... !!!!!! :

http://www.wsj.com/articles/dumb-and-dumber-1476917265

" Dumb and Dumber  "

" This is what’s going to happen to U.S. education if Hillary Clinton wins.   "

By DANIEL HENNINGER

" It’s time to send the sniffer dogs into the rubble of America’s 2016 presidential election to see if there’s anything worth saving. We’ve learned some important things. We have learned that at the lower end of the income scale, the white vote is broken, or more accurately, brokenhearted. Many middle-class white voters are angry over a system they say has failed them.

They aren’t the only ones. America’s inner cities, its poorest neighborhoods, are increasingly on edge. One of these days, they could blow on the scale of the 1960s.

Much of this has to do with dismal job prospects, and better growth is part of the answer. But there’s a bigger problem than growth—the diminished state of American education.

Without an education upgrade that matches learning skills with modern jobs, all these people will still lose ground, and personal behavior will continue to degrade.

No better source of information exists on this than employers, especially manufacturers, who say U.S. schools, notwithstanding claims of improved “graduation” rates, are not producing sufficient numbers of workers able to perform at the level they need for the realities of the 21st century workplace. Apparently the universal skill of being able to manipulate a cellphone to take a selfie isn’t enough.

During a September visit to a charter school in a black neighborhood on Cleveland’s east side, Donald Trump said, “I will be the nation’s biggest cheerleader for school choice,” and an advocate for merit pay “so that we reward our best teachers instead of the failed tenure system that rewards bad teachers and punishes the good ones.”

He at least will say publicly that the U.S. public education system just doesn’t work anymore for too many people.

The natural A-students will be fine. This reality allows many smart people to stop thinking about the country’s most socially destructive problem. But for many others, elementary and secondary school is a drag on lifetime achievement. What the cry from the Trumpian heartland has revealed is that many rural schools also offer the same futureless education as inner-city schools.

These people aren’t irredeemably stupid. Their schools are stupid. Fix the schools and half of America’s myriad problems are solvable.

A new element is the descent of U.S. colleges and universities into PC hell. A basic mission, to prepare students for the new workplace, is being rechanneled into wheel-spinning controversies, such as “hurtful” speech or names on buildings. A Clinton win will empower this insanity.

Some of these institutions of higher learning actually brag about the remedial-education programs they offer first-year students who were waved through 12 years of inadequate public schooling. By 18, it’s too late. They will never catch up.

Take your schools pick: Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton. It’s no choice, because the proposed education policies of Hillary Clinton (Wellesley, Yale) are, incredibly, a step back from the baby steps Barack Obama managed.

The National Education Association has spent $14 million so far to elect Hillary. The chances that a President Clinton would buck this industrial-age teachers union, whose raison d’ętre is killing teacher accountability, are zero. Her web site extols pouring more federal money down the public-schools mine shaft.

The proven alternative is charter schools run by innovative educators or voucher-supported schools run by churches—if they can survive. Talk to a charter-school leader like Eva Moskowitz in New York and she will tell you how they use squads of pro-bono, white-shoe lawyers to fight off nonstop litigation by the teachers unions hitting the streets for Hillary Clinton.

The school-choice movement gets everything thrown at it, such as the 19th-century, anti-Catholic Blaine Amendments in 38 states that thwart support for poor kids attending parochial schools. The Podesta-Palmieri-Halpin emails make clear this hoary religious bias thrives in the post-Obama Democratic Party.

Back in his teleprompter-speech days, Donald Trump appealed to black and Hispanic audiences. Many inner-city black Americans know Mr. Obama didn’t do as much as they expected for their kids’ education. In fact, he spent his entire presidency trying to defund the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship program.

That President Obama’s daughters went to private Sidwell Friends in D.C. encapsulates this entire issue. It’s not just Mr. Obama constantly self-referencing about how “folks like me” can substitute a Sidwell for public-school chaos. Most “folks like me” aren’t in charge of the federal government, which has the authority to change the status quo. Instead, Eric Holder’s Justice Department filed a lawsuit against Louisiana’s successful voucher program for poor children.

The moral catastrophe of the schools is one of the issues that lets people pretend to themselves “it will get better” if Hillary wins. It won’t. After she wins, this problem will remain—lack of learned skills, lack of hope, an economy separating them from people like her smug campaign workers. One thing is certain: The anger will grow.  "
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2016 at 8:44am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #378 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 9:42pm
Some Guy wrote on Oct 14th, 2016 at 5:28am:
This ain't bringing moonie back.

IP Logged

a.completeunknown
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #379 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 1:55am
If Keith what's his name said your candidate sucked beans, would you think any less of Keith, Trump, or nurse Ratchet (or anyone else)?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #380 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 5:11pm
Hillary ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

a.completeunknown
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #381 - Oct 22nd, 2016 at 1:38am
Trump's campaign song: "I saw Hillary at the reception. In her glass was a bleeding man. She was practiced at the arts of deception. I could tell by her bloodstained hands!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #382 - Oct 22nd, 2016 at 5:37am
Do as I say, not as I do !

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #383 - Oct 22nd, 2016 at 6:48am
This thread just ain't got it. It is mired in mediocrity. Other Stones boards are looking down their noses at us.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #384 - Oct 22nd, 2016 at 9:43am
Some Guy wrote on Oct 22nd, 2016 at 6:48am:
This thread just ain't got it. It is mired in mediocrity. Other Stones boards are looking down their noses at us.

We are the quintessential Stones board. All others pale in comparison.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #385 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 10:09am
Edith Grove wrote on Oct 22nd, 2016 at 9:43am:

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #386 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 12:43pm

Brian's smile Perverted Mick smoking more weed is good for your health ...Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Who stole this one? (Seriously) Perverted Charlie WOW... Nice tits! taylor made smile stu-smiling

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #387 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 3:06pm

All others are smart enough to avoid politics. The only smart thing BV ever did.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #388 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 10:02pm
This is painful. I started this thread to bring Riffy back, and all it has served to do is boost Joey's post count. Even worse, Joey has shifted allegiances to the Republican party for some reason. Has he been communicating with Max via the back channel?

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #389 - Oct 23rd, 2016 at 10:58pm
Riffy's gone. So, please enjoy this Bon Jovi atrocity:

« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2016 at 11:28pm by MrPleasant »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #390 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 8:03am
Starbuck wrote on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 10:02pm:
This is painful. I started this thread to bring Riffy back, and all it has served to do is boost Joey's post count. Even worse, Joey has shifted allegiances to the Republican party for some reason. Has he been communicating with Max via the back channel?

<  -------------- Longtime Young Liberal Democrat Joey did not leave the Democratic Party  ---- it has left the Young One .

" Eight Consecutive YEARS of Zero to Two Percent Growth will do that  ....   Ronnie   !!!  "

Joey Reagan ! ®
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2016 at 8:26am by Joey »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #391 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 11:23am
Donald Chump has no chance....stone cold lock of the year!

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #392 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 12:44pm
gimmekeef wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 11:23am:

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #393 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 1:21pm

" I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!  "

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #394 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 6:15pm

Joey uses the backdoor channel. That's where he sees Riffy's growth.  Kiss my undercover ass

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #395 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 6:16pm
gimmekeef wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 11:23am:

Take Hillary, give 4 points. Stone Cold Lock of the year!

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #396 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 7:04pm

*testing... testing... is this thing on?*

Did somebody say "back channel"?

Riffy has relocated to Maxlugar and Feej's cottage getaway in Canada. Where men can be men.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2016 at 7:05pm by leonid »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #397 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 9:04pm

<   ----- It is Coming !!!!!!

... !!!!

« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2016 at 9:09pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #398 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 9:16pm
a.completeunknown wrote on Oct 21st, 2016 at 1:55am:
If Keith what's his name said your candidate sucked beans, would you think any less of Keith, Trump, or nurse Ratchet (or anyone else)?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #399 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 9:34pm
a.completeunknown wrote on Oct 22nd, 2016 at 1:38am:
Trump's campaign song: "I saw Hillary at the reception. In her glass was a bleeding man. She was practiced at the arts of deception. I could tell by her bloodstained hands!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 276
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)