Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 275
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 890,638 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #2850 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 8:52pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

<  ------------ GIMMEKEEF    ?!    :

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/nhknewsline/backstories/whereischinaheading/

" Where is China Heading under "Emperor" Xi Jinping?  "

"An emperor has been born" is a popular saying in China these days. President Xi Jinping officially started his second 5-year term at the National People's Congress that ended March 20th.

He gained absolute authority and abolished term limits for presidents, ushering in a major change to China's political system.

In February this year, a state-run Xinhua news agency report sent shock waves through the world: a draft Chinese constitutional revision would scrap the 2-term/10-year limit for presidents. Just two weeks later, the National People's Congress approved the amendment, with 2,958 votes in favor, 2 against and 3 abstaining.

Xi was now able to stay as China's leader, indefinitely.

The presidential term limit was originally written into the Constitution in 1982, as a response to the rule of Mao Zedong. Mao, who maintained absolute power until his death, launched the Cultural Revolution in his final years. During the movement, Mao's cult of personality spread, and there was a crackdown on anyone deemed pro-democratic. The whole country plunged into total confusion.

After Mao's death, Deng Xiaoping came to power and promoted the term-limit reform, as well as policies opening up the country. He felt that excessive concentration of power should be avoided, and he pushed to scrap life tenures and set term limits for crucial posts.

Jiang Zemin and Hu Jintao, who led after Deng, followed the rule and left after two terms in office. This helped the collective leadership system take root, which split power among several people.

But Xi has upended this precedent.

President Xi as "living bodhisattva"

In China, there is no shortage of praise for Xi. The official newspaper of China's Communist Party, the People's Daily, spoke highly of him. It addressed Xi as the "lingxiu (leader) who is loved and respected by his people", which is the term usually used for Mao. It said he is loved and respected by his people.

Some of the praise seems far-fetched. One party executive flattered Xi at the National People's Congress, saying people are calling him a living bodhisattva, a person who is a great moral and spiritual being and potential Buddha. The executive went on to say that Xi's pictures will be hung in homes built in farming villages under the anti-poverty campaign. "
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2018 at 8:20am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2851 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 9:08pm
Some Guy wrote on Apr 4th, 2018 at 12:21pm:
I'm tired of winning.

<  ----------- Gimmekeef  .... ?!  ... !!!!   :

« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2018 at 10:17am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2852 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 9:12pm
gimmekeef wrote on Apr 4th, 2018 at 10:55am:
Some Guy wrote on Apr 4th, 2018 at 8:49am:
Trump to deploy Military to protect southern Border.

You have my attention....

From The Caravan...that is stopping in Central Mexico for a symposium......If it would shut this delusional asshole up I say give him his fucking wall. I'm sure it will solve everything and since GOP no longer stands for government spending controls let her rip.

http://www.scmp.com/comment/insight-opinion/article/2140296/how-west-misread-xi-...

" Western critics emphasise that Xi has done much to concentrate power in his own hands over the past six years. And, to some extent, that is true. For example, he has taken over some of the economic policy decisions that used to be the prime minister’s domain.

But a strong leader is not necessarily an autocratic leader. And, in a high-stakes environment, a strong leader is needed to neutralise vested interests that resist crucial reforms. Xi knows the obstacles that blocked the implementation of his initiatives during his first term, and he is committed to overcoming them."
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2018 at 2:00pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #2853 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 7:23am
Britain is free of Fox News.

I'm very happy for you Brits. Now please take Murdoch back and keep him!

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2854 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 10:56am
Something I never knew about until now is that the UK imposes "impartiality rules" on it's media.

Nothing like Big Brother controlling the news you get.
  Grin

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2855 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 11:03am
Had enough of Hillary? Come getcha some of this.......

...  Shocked

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #2856 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 11:23am
Edith Grove wrote on Apr 5th, 2018 at 11:03am:

...  Shocked

I'm thinking if Joe had run in 2016 he would have won a cliff hanger. So bring it on.....

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2857 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 11:56am
gimmekeef wrote on Apr 5th, 2018 at 11:23am:

...  Shocked

I'm thinking if Joe had run in 2016 he would have won a cliff hanger. So bring it on.....

If that would have been the case, Hillary would've used deviant means to quash Biden's nomination rather than pissant Bernie's.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2858 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 12:08pm
Edith Grove wrote on Apr 5th, 2018 at 11:56am:
gimmekeef wrote on Apr 5th, 2018 at 11:23am:

...  Shocked

If that would have been the case, Hillary would've used deviant means to quash Biden's nomination rather than pissant Bernie's.

I bet he'd whoop Trump's ass.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #2859 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 3:32pm
Edith Grove wrote on Apr 5th, 2018 at 10:56am:
Something I never knew about until now is that the UK imposes "impartiality rules" on it's media.

Nothing like Big Brother controlling the news you get.
  Grin

We used to have that in the US until Reagan repealed that law. And thus was born fake news, where "journalists" of any political bent can publish their opinions as fact and even just make up shit without legal repercussions. And thus was born Fox News.

Of course, many people have called for that law to be reinstated. Shooting down laws that require journalists to report only the truth without bias ishows that most politicians in the US know that their careers would be ruined by reports on their activities that must be true. With that law abolished they can get away with anything by just crying "fake news" even when thousands of people cstand witness to say it's the truth, i.e. Trump's strategy.

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2860 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 3:38pm
What can a poor boy do?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2861 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 5:03pm
Some Guy wrote on Apr 5th, 2018 at 3:38pm:
What can a poor boy do?

Re-elect Trump.  really?

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #2862 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 5:39pm
Blank Frigging Stare

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2863 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 9:14pm
Some Guy wrote on Apr 4th, 2018 at 12:21pm:
I'm tired of winning.

<  ----------- Some Guy   ?!   .... !!!!!  :

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/north-koreas-kim-told-xi-jinping-he-w...

" North Korea's Kim told Xi Jinping he wanted to resume six-party disarmament talks: Nikkei  "

" TOKYO (REUTERS) - North Korean leader Kim Jong Un told Chinese President Xi Jinping during talks in Beijing last week that he agreed to return to six-party talks on his nation's nuclear programme and missile tests, the Nikkei newspaper said on Thursday (April 5).

Months of chill between Beijing and Pyongyang appeared to suddenly vanish during Kim's secretive visit, with China saying that Kim had pledged his commitment to denuclearisation.

Quoting multiple sources connected to China and North Korea, the Nikkei said that, according to documents issued after Kim and Xi met, Kim told Xi that he agreed to resuming the six-party talks, which were last held in 2009.

North Korea declared the on-again, off-again talks dead at the time, blaming US aggression. The talks grouped the two Koreas, the United States, Russia, Japan and host China.

The sources said it was also possible that Kim could convey his willingness to resume the talks to US President Donald Trump at a summit set to take place in May, but that it was far from clear if that meant the talks would actually resume.

Chinese officials were not immediately able to comment.

China has traditionally been secretive North Korea's closest ally, though ties have been frayed by Kim's pursuit of nuclear weapons and missiles and Beijing's backing of tough UN sanctions in response.

North Korea has said in previous talks that it could consider giving up its nuclear arsenal if the United States removed its troops from South Korea and withdrew its so-called nuclear umbrella of deterrence from South Korea and Japan.

Some analysts have said Trump's willingness to meet Kim handed North Korea a diplomatic win, as the United States had insisted for years that any such summit be preceded by North Korean steps to denuclearise.  "
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2018 at 9:21am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2864 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 9:17pm

« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2018 at 8:30am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2865 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 9:29pm
gimmekeef wrote on Mar 23rd, 2018 at 4:31pm:
Heres whats wrong with Washington....they rush through a 2300 page 1.3 trillion spending bill that was released on Wednesday night and passed late Thursday. Who the fuck had time to read it or debate it?

Forget the two parties...they are all ASSHOLES

Gimmekeef  ?!  ... !!!!!   :

|
|
|
V

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2018 at 10:12am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2866 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 9:36am

<   ------------   Some Guy   ?!   .....   !!!!!    :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-irrelevant-tariffs-1522881186

" Trump’s Irrelevant Tariffs "

" The President won the real jobs war, which wasn’t with Mexico or Germany. "

By Daniel Henninger

" A never-to-be-forgotten line that burst out of Donald Trump during the campaign was: “We’re going to win so much, you’re going to be so sick and tired of winning.” With President Trump currently drafting much of America into his trade war with the world, we may be there.

This week, the Trump trade team and China traded $50 billion tariff salvos. A day or so earlier, Mr. Trump threatened again to end the North American Free Trade Agreement. He is sending the National Guard to the border. He threatened steel and aluminum tariffs from Europe to Asia. Pretty much the whole world is under a Trump threat, and the stock market has a new sport: 700-point cliff-diving.

Mr. Trump’s justification for brinkmanship on this scale is mostly one thing: protecting U.S. workers from unfair foreign trade and jobs displacement by immigrants.

There’s just one problem with this: The U.S. is running out of citizen workers.

Barron’s, our sister publication, just published a long article, “The Great Labor Crunch,” on the country’s acute shortage of workers in trucking, construction, retailing, fast food, oil drilling, technology and manufacturing. And that’s just a partial list.

Demographics alone predict a worker shortage of 8.2 million over the next 10 years. An oil services manager calls it “an emergency, a crisis actually.”

Earlier this week, the Journal described labor shortages across the Midwest (“Too Many Jobs, Not Enough People”). Skilled, semiskilled or unskilled labor—we’re short of everything. A sign on an Arby’s near Mason City, Iowa: “If you’re smiling, we’re hiring.”

Donald Trump wants to spend his days grinding out one-on-one renegotiations of the U.S.’s trade agreements, but he has been overtaken by his own economic success. His policies have produced the worker shortage that now makes his war on trade deficits a third-level concern.

It’s an astonishing achievement. On taking office, Mr. Trump and the Republican-controlled Congress put in motion a radical deregulation targeted at nearly every major U.S. industry and workplace. At year’s end, he and his Republican allies enacted a 40% cut in the corporate tax rate, while reforming an array of other tax-related impediments to capital investment.

In just over a year, we have full employment. The Democrats, by choice, contributed nothing to this welcome result.

Donald Trump won the real jobs war, which wasn’t with Mexico or South Korea but with the Obama presidency’s eight years of economic suppression.

Here’s another threat: With the U.S. economy now desperate for workers, what Mr. Trump is doing to limit trade and immigration means he could stop winning and start losing, because stalled worker productivity will slow rising GDP. You can’t squeeze more growth out of the turnips.

Somewhere, somehow, the U.S. needs to produce more workers.

The default solution is worker retraining. But we already have public and private retraining programs coming out of our ears. One Wisconsin manufacturer even told the Journal: “We’d rather people not have any experience because then they’re not bringing bad habits with them.”

The debate over DACA and the Dreamers has also reached the point of diminishing returns. They are a drop in the employment bucket. Put them to work and move on. Move on means rationalizing U.S. immigration policies, rather than wheel-spinning over them another 25 years.

A response equal to this peacetime worker crisis would include a modernized version of the bracero program used to cover labor shortages during World War II: Workers come in on date-limited visas, do what needs to be done, go home, and come back when needed.

U.S. agricultural producers, with unharvested crops rotting in the fields, already are moving their businesses to Mexico and elsewhere. Manufacturers that can’t find workers will also move offshore.

At no time has politics ever recognized full employment as a problem. With the Trump presidency, the moment to deal with the “problem” of full employment has arrived.

The problem is no longer that “they” are “stealing our jobs.” It is that too many rural or inner-city Americans cannot or will not migrate to the jobs employers are offering.

The idea that the American work ethic has eroded is similar to the immigration debate—interesting but going nowhere. More relevant is that after Donald Trump brought to the surface disaffected people in places such as Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, we learned more about the phenomenon of people who simply won’t move to take work. Why not?

It’s a long list. Because the home-mortgage deduction is too valuable and the shortage of housing (and construction workers) makes moving too expensive.

Because the vast expansion of state Medicaid and other entitlements has trapped more people into thinking that a low-grade life without work is good enough.

Because public schools leave the young semi-numerate and semi-literate. Because state occupational licensing deters millions from moving to jobs they’d be good at.

The true challenge now is not protecting U.S. workers from the rest of the world but liberating them inside their own country. "
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2018 at 9:38am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2867 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 11:45am
Donald Trump won the real jobs war, which wasn’t with Mexico or South Korea but with the Obama presidency’s eight years of economic suppression.

Y'all gotta quit blaming Obama!

The Obama bounce is over!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2868 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 2:07pm
If Obama had "bounce," then Trump has jet propulsion.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #2869 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 2:26pm
Let's see how this all plays out before handing out the awards. Inflation is coming and will increase through tariffs. Higher interest rates are ramping up too.The Chinese will devalue the yen to compensate as well. Once the middle class sees how they were fucked over in the "tax" cuts they won't spend as freely as they were. I hope i'm wrong but the Dow is saying otherwise for now.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2870 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 9:03pm

<  -------------   "  I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!   "    :

Nobody cared about Watergate until the October 1973 Arab Oil Embargo  -- the Stock Market Nose-Dived  , the economy tanked and went into recession , there were gas lines and the American People took out their frustrations on Richard Nixon .

" It is the ECONOMY  , Ronnie Cakes !!!!   "

Jacky Clinton ! ®
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2018 at 11:29am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #2871 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 9:05pm
Finally!!!

Mexico Agrees to Pay for Trump’s Psychiatric Care

By Andy Borowitz
April 5, 2018
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/mexico-agrees-to-pay-for-trumps-...

MEXICO CITY (The Borowitz Report)—Hoping to resolve the seemingly intractable conflict over immigration, Mexico surprised the world on Thursday by agreeing to pay for Donald J. Trump’s psychiatric care.

Speaking to reporters, the Mexican President, Enrique Peña Nieto, said that he had authorized funding for the psychiatry and proclaimed, “Work on Donald Trump could begin tomorrow.”

Peña Nieto displayed several photographs showing prototypes of therapists, including a bearded Freudian analyst who he said came highly recommended.

While some Mexican taxpayers argued that a full course of psychiatric treatment could prove more costly than a border wall, Peña Nieto warned against skimping on such a necessary expense.

“When the safety and security of the world is at stake, eight hundred dollars an hour is a bargain,” he said, but added that Mexico would try to find a therapist who takes insurance.

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2872 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 9:09pm
Edith Grove wrote on Apr 8th, 2018 at 2:07pm:
If Obama had "bounce," then Trump has jet propulsion.

<  ----------- Nobody OutClasses Melania  .  Nobody  .  Striking !!!!   :

« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:46am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #2873 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 9:13pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 9:05pm:
While some Mexican taxpayers argued that a full course of psychiatric treatment could prove more costly than a border wall, Peña Nieto warned against skimping on such a necessary expense.

Brian's smile LOL Perverted Charlie The real Rolling Stones tongue WOW... Nice tits! Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #2874 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 9:28pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 9:05pm:
Finally!!!

Mexico Agrees to Pay for Trump’s Psychiatric Care

By Andy Borowitz
April 5, 2018
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/mexico-agrees-to-pay-for-trumps-...

MEXICO CITY (The Borowitz Report)—Hoping to resolve the seemingly intractable conflict over immigration, Mexico surprised the world on Thursday by agreeing to pay for Donald J. Trump’s psychiatric care.

Speaking to reporters, the Mexican President, Enrique Peña Nieto, said that he had authorized funding for the psychiatry and proclaimed, “Work on Donald Trump could begin tomorrow.”

Peña Nieto displayed several photographs showing prototypes of therapists, including a bearded Freudian analyst who he said came highly recommended.

“When the safety and security of the world is at stake, eight hundred dollars an hour is a bargain,” he said, but added that Mexico would try to find a therapist who takes insurance.

It would be cheaper to pay for the wall than that.....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 275
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)