Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 ... 275
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 890,955 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #2800 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 10:19am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
gimmekeef wrote on Mar 23rd, 2018 at 4:31pm:
Heres whats wrong with Washington....they rush through a 2300 page 1.3 trillion spending bill that was released on Wednesday night and passed late Thursday. Who the fuck had time to read it or debate it?

Forget the two parties...they are all ASSHOLES

<   ---------   Gimmekeef   .................   What time is this evening's Trump Rally ?  Is the Great President Donald J. Trump ( ' Dear Leader ! ' ) speaking tonight  ?!  ....  I see the " Youth For Trump "  [ TRUMP YOUTH ! ] are marching today throughout the country in support of our Great Leader's Programs . Well Done Kids .  :

« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2018 at 10:22am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

BONOISLOVE
Rocks Off Regular

The world
Reply #2801 - Mar 24th, 2018 at 1:16pm

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2802 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 5:01pm
Did Stormy take the piss?
60 Minutes tonight.
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2018 at 5:03pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2803 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 5:36am
Some Guy wrote on Mar 25th, 2018 at 5:01pm:
60 Minutes tonight.

No "piss to take" so to speak.

Nothing but hearsay. Zero evidence offered. Typical libtard reporting.

From CNN:

Stormy Daniels says she was threatened to keep quiet about Trump 

In her first extended television news interview since the news of her alleged 2006 affair with Donald Trump emerged, adult film actress Stormy Daniels declined to discuss whether she had evidence of the affair and said that she was threatened to stay silent about it.

The threat, she said in an interview with CBS's "60 Minutes," came weeks after she'd agreed in May 2011 to sell the story of her affair to a magazine for $15,000. The magazine backed out of the agreement after Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen threatened to sue, two former employees of the magazine told "60 Minutes." Daniels said she never received the money. The White House has denied the affair happened.

Daniels said she was in a parking lot preparing to go into a fitness class, and was pulling her infant daughter's car seat and diaper bag out of her vehicle.

"And a guy walked up on me and said to me, 'Leave Trump alone. Forget the story,'" Daniels said. "And then he leaned around and looked at my daughter and said, 'That's a beautiful little girl. It'd be a shame if something happened to her mom.' And then he was gone."

Asked if she took it as a direct threat, Daniels said: "Absolutely."
"I was rattled," she said. "I remember going into the workout class. And my hands are shaking so much, I was afraid I was going to drop her."

Daniels didn't offer evidence that the approach she detailed had taken place. She said she never saw the man again.

"If I did, I would know it right away," she said. "100%. Even now, all these years later. If he walked in this door right now, I would instantly know."

The "60 Minutes" interview with Anderson Cooper is the most detailed televised account Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, has so far offered of the affair she says she had with Trump.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2804 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 9:00am
.......and on to more meaningful news:

Today, I placed my Glock pistol on the kitchen table. I left its magazine beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.

The mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor's son across the street left a magazine brochure on the front door, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the "STOP" sign near the front of my house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun and it was quietly sitting there, right where I had left it.  It had not moved itself outside.  It had not killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had been presented to do that.  In fact, it had not even loaded itself.

Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the hype by the Left and the media, about how dangerous guns are and how “They” kill people. Either the media is wrong, or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world.

The United States is 3rd in murders throughout the world. But… if you take out just 5 'left-wing' cities: Chicago; Detroit; Washington, DC; St Louis and New Orleans, the United States is 4th  from the bottom in the ENTIRE world for murders.

These 5 cities are controlled by Demoncrats. Most of these cities have the toughest gun control laws in the USA. However, It would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data, right?

Well, I'm off to check on my spoons. I hear they're making people fat.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2805 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 9:44am
Some Guy wrote on Mar 25th, 2018 at 5:01pm:

<  ------------ Nobody Cares  . Everyone is more concerned about the Stock Market  . That and the fact The United States of America has had ten consecutive , CONSECUTIVE years of Zero to Two Percent Growth which is absolutely killing , KILLING the American Public  .   In fact , I love our Great President Donald J. Trump ( ' Dear Leader ! ' ) even more for banging these Hot Women  .  BTW  --- When is the next Trump Rally  ?!    What  ?!   ,   ........ Oh , SURE . HERE YA GO !!!!!!   :

"  Young Joey bursts out Laughing here at the office  ,  Ronnie !!!!  "

J. " Daniel " Henninger ! ® ™ ©

« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2018 at 4:36pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #2806 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 9:49am
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 26th, 2018 at 9:00am:
.......and on to more meaningful news:

Today, I placed my Glock pistol on the kitchen table. I left its magazine beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.

The mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor's son across the street left a magazine brochure on the front door, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the "STOP" sign near the front of my house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun and it was quietly sitting there, right where I had left it.  It had not moved itself outside.  It had not killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had been presented to do that.  In fact, it had not even loaded itself.

Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the hype by the Left and the media, about how dangerous guns are and how “They” kill people. Either the media is wrong, or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world.

The United States is 3rd in murders throughout the world. But… if you take out just 5 'left-wing' cities: Chicago; Detroit; Washington, DC; St Louis and New Orleans, the United States is 4th  from the bottom in the ENTIRE world for murders.

These 5 cities are controlled by Demoncrats. Most of these cities have the toughest gun control laws in the USA. However, It would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data, right?

Well, I'm off to check on my spoons. I hear they're making people fat.

Yes it would Edith.....the 78% of the population that do not own a gun are asking for more dialogue and consideration around specific types of guns designed with the purpose of killing a lot of folks real fast. Your legal Glock does not fall into that category. Its not right or left it is now a matter of life and death far too often.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2807 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 11:05am
Look what it takes to get people watching "60 Minutes" again. LMFAO

Stormy Daniels interview gives '60 Minutes' highest ratings in 10 years

http://myconnection.cox.com/article/trending/a05416a4-3108-11e8-b98d-b034a31c94c...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #2808 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 1:52pm
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 26th, 2018 at 11:05am:
Look what it takes to get people watching "60 Minutes" again. LMFAO

Stormy Daniels interview gives '60 Minutes' highest ratings in 10 years

http://myconnection.cox.com/article/trending/a05416a4-3108-11e8-b98d-b034a31c94c...

Back in the day they used to really dig up some real news. Now tabloid bs to your point Edith.

IP Logged

Tumbling Dijs
Rocks Off Regular

The Stones in a club is
still the ultimate rush.

Reply #2809 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 3:46pm
DONALD TRUMP'S NEW CAMPAIGN JINGLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUWhlqItgus

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2810 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 4:41pm
so fucking embarrassing.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2811 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 5:07pm
Some Guy wrote on Mar 26th, 2018 at 4:41pm:
so fucking embarrassing.

Dis mo like it:

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2812 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 5:53pm
There will be piss.

« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2018 at 5:55pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2813 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 8:54pm

<  ----------- Some Guy   ... ?!  ... !!!!   :

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/world/asia/kim-jong-un-train-beijing.html

" Bulletproof, Slow and Full of Wine: Kim Jong-un’s Mystery Train "

" HONG KONG — A train, nearly as mysterious as its principal passenger, pulled into Beijing’s central train station Monday night, fueling speculation that Kim Jong-un, North Korea’s leader, had arrived in the capital for secret talks with his Chinese counterpart.

The train spotted in Beijing — 21 cars painted drab green, their windows tinted to obscure the identities of those on board — bore the hallmarks of the bulletproof private transports preferred by the mistrustful leaders of North Korea.

Both Mr. Kim’s father and grandfather, the country’s former leaders, traveled in similar style on rare foreign trips, stoking decades of intrigue and interest about the trains.

While much about Monday’s journey remains a mystery, here is what we know about the train:

Much of what is known about the train comes from intelligence reports, recollections of officials permitted to travel on board in previous eras and rare state news media footage.

There are believed to be at least 90 high-security carriages at the leader’s disposal, according to a 2009 South Korea news report that relied on classified information. According to the report, written during the era of Mr. Kim’s father, Kim Jong-il, three trains operate each time the leader travels: an advance security train, the leader’s train and a third carrying additional bodyguards and supplies.

Each of the carriages is bulletproof, making them thousands of pounds heavier than average. That additional weight translates to a slow ride. The trains are estimated to reach a maximum speed of just 37 miles per hour.

In Kim Jong-il’s time, according to the 2009 report, 100 security officers traveled in the advance train, searching stations for bombs and other threats and testing the safety of the track. Additionally, military helicopters and airplanes would fly overhead to provide more security.

Twenty train stations have been built across North Korea just for the leader’s personal use, according to the report.

North Korea’s state news media has occasionally covered the leaders from inside the train, offering a rare glimpse at some of the many specialized cars.

In 2015, Kim Jong-un was seen seated at a long white table in what appeared to be a conference room. In a similar video from 2011, his father, Kim Jong-il, is seen holding court in the same venue. In the older video, a flat screen television is clearly visible, and in the more recent one a laptop computer is seen.

In footage of the elder Mr. Kim’s trips, the leader is seen in an audience car with plush seats, leading a meeting in a dining car and attending a banquet in a car paneled in dark wood. In that footage, Mr. Kim is seated at a table filled with food as entertainers perform in tuxedos and evening gowns.

The former leader’s office car, including a desk and computer, is preserved as a museum exhibit at the Kumsusan Palace of the Sun, Kim Jong-il’s mausoleum in Pyongyang, the North Korean capital.

Kim Jong-il was rumored to have had a fear of flying and preferred to travel on his train, which was outfitted with modern communications technology and a large staff that catered to his whims.

“It was possible to order any dish of Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and French cuisine,” wrote Konstantin Pulikovsky, a Russian official who traveled with the former leader during a 2011 trip through Russia.

Mr. Kim insisted that live lobster and other fresh delicacies be delivered to the train as it crossed Siberia on trips to Russia. Cases of Bordeaux and Burgundy wines were flown in from Paris, Mr. Pulikovsky recounted in his memoir of the trip, “Orient Express.”

When bored, Mr. Kim relied on a group of female entertainers known as lady conductors to serenade him in Korean and Russian.

It is unknown what his son, Kim Jong-un, does for nourishment and entertainment while on board, but the younger Mr. Kim’s appetite is known to rival his father’s. He reportedly prefers Swiss cheese, Cristal Champagne and Hennessy cognac.

The train has been at the center of several events in modern North Korean history.

More than 3,000 people were killed in Ryongchon, near the Chinese border, in April 2004, when trains laden with combustible material exploded because of a collision or an electrical malfunction.

There were initial rumors that the explosion was part of an attempt on Kim Jong-il’s life because the leader’s train had passed through the town hours earlier.

According to the state news media, he would later die onboard his train after a heart attack in December 2011.

The arrival of the train in Beijing on Monday led to speculation that his son Kim Jong-un was meeting with Chinese officials to prepare for planned peace talks with South Korea and the United States  "
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2018 at 8:36am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2814 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 9:06pm

<  ------------ Some Guy   ..... ?!  ... !!!!!!!   :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/yes-shut-down-mueller-1521671970

" Yes, Shut Down Mueller "

" Donald Trump is right about the special prosecutor, but for the wrong reason.   "

By Daniel Henninger

" President Trump and his lawyer John Dowd are right that the Mueller investigation should be shut down. But they’re right for the wrong reason.

The Mueller investigation should be shut down before all of official Washington descends into total systemic madness. We may be there already.

The madness has two sources.

The first, in 2016, was the realization that Donald Trump might become president of the United States. And then he did. That unhinged cohorts in the Obama administration and released the media antibodies into the system. It also caused a top tier of FBI officials to let their professional discipline collapse. All these panicked people combined to produce the Trump-Russia collusion narrative, which has obsessed Washington without letup for more than a year.

The other source of the madness is Donald Trump’s constantly repeated admiration for Vladimir Putin. To the point of obtuseness, Mr. Trump has never provided a rationale for his attitude toward Mr. Putin.

Coincident with this praise, the Putin record includes Ukraine, the slaughter of the Assad regime’s opposition in Syria, the deployment of a cyber-spy team in the U.S., nuclear threats, the London nerve-weapon assassination attempt, continuous internal anti-Western propaganda, and Sunday’s presidential-election landslide enabled by the suppression of his political opposition.

What Mr. Trump has gotten from Mr. Putin is absolutely nothing. It doesn’t compute.

Mr. Trump’s insistence on praising the Russian—including a gratuitous congratulatory phone call this week—sits before the public as an unexplained mystery. It allows someone like former Obama CIA Director John Brennan to wallow in the fever swamps on “Morning Joe,” where Wednesday he said the Russians “may have something on him personally.”

Time was a former CIA director—one thinks of William Webster or Richard Helms —would have gone to his grave before issuing a body blow to the system like this. Today for official Washington, it’s just another day at the office.

Watching Washington’s hyperbolic reaction to Jeff Sessions’s firing of Andrew McCabe last weekend makes clear that the Russian collusion narrative has become a wildfire, a self-fueling force indiscriminately consuming everyone near it, including the president.

With his tweet-storms against the special counsel and other enemies, Donald Trump is starting to sound like Lear raging on the heath. O! ’tis foul!

King Lear had real enemies, and so does President Trump. Though the McCabe firing was wholly about the deputy director’s false statements to FBI colleagues regarding the investigation of Hillary Clinton’s email servers, the media coverage changed the subject back to summaries of the Trump-Russia collusion narrative, which should be seen for what it is—a revenge drama.

By Sunday there was bipartisan talk of impeachment, resignations and massacres, climaxing when Democratic Rep. Steve Cohen of Tennessee fell to his knees in despair. “We all believe,” he wept, “in an America that shouldn’t be seeing the Constitution shredded.”

This is ludicrous and fundamentally unserious. No greater crocodile-tear phrase exists in our time than that the Trump presidency is a threat to “our democracy.”

The only element of the American political system to which Donald Trump poses an existential threat is his own presidency. His ravings about Robert Mueller, Crooked Hillary, Jeff Sessions and any other human crockery within reach isolate the president, eroding the political support he will need soon if a House Democratic majority begins impeachment proceedings.

Threatened with impeachment over Watergate, Richard Nixon had the support of his electoral base to the end. But he knew the game was up when his fellow Republicans in Washington drew the blinds and left him alone in the street with his enemies. Donald Trump’s tragedy is that he doesn’t see the political abandonment ahead.

It is not beyond imagining that the Mueller team may “have something” on Mr. Trump. If so, it had better be big enough to command majority condemnation from a bewildered country.

But if, as looks likely, the prosecution will have to produce a de minimis charge—and maybe not even against Mr. Trump—then Mr. Muller should shut down the investigation and get this mess behind us. Institutional Washington has wandered onto a vast frozen lake, and that sound you hear is the ice beginning to crack.

The rule of law? That is turning into a pro-forma conceit, submerged on both sides beneath rising hatreds and retribution agendas. Too many people are looking for the justice of a Wild West hanging judge.

We don’t need another special counsel. The various investigations by Congress and the Justice Department’s inspector general should proceed to their conclusions. They are what’s left of established norms of accountability.

The press would survive withdrawal from the collusion drug. It could even take on the substance of the actual Trump presidency, including the costs to America’s interests of his Putin admiration. No matter the subject, Donald Trump will always be the bull’s-eye. Which is the way he wants it.  "
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2018 at 4:15pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2815 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 8:36am
Joey ?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2816 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 9:26am
When will Edith get woke?

Woke
Getting woke is like being in the Matrix and taking the red pill. You get a sudden understanding of what's really going on and find out you were wrong about much of what you understood to be truth.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #2817 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 9:27am
Joey wrote on Mar 26th, 2018 at 8:54pm:
<  ----------- Some Guy   ... ?!  ... !!!!   :

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/world/asia/kim-jong-un-train-beijing.html

" Bulletproof, Slow and Full of Wine: Kim Jong-un’s Mystery Train "

" HONG KONG — A train, nearly as mysterious as its principal passenger, pulled into Beijing’s central train station Monday night, fueling speculation that Kim Jong-un, North Korea’s leader, had arrived in the capital for secret talks with his Chinese counterpart.

The train spotted in Beijing — 21 cars painted drab green, their windows tinted to obscure the identities of those on board — bore the hallmarks of the bulletproof private transports preferred by the mistrustful leaders of North Korea.

Both Mr. Kim’s father and grandfather, the country’s former leaders, traveled in similar style on rare foreign trips, stoking decades of intrigue and interest about the trains.

While much about Monday’s journey remains a mystery, here is what we know about the train:

Much of what is known about the train comes from intelligence reports, recollections of officials permitted to travel on board in previous eras and rare state news media footage.

There are believed to be at least 90 high-security carriages at the leader’s disposal, according to a 2009 South Korea news report that relied on classified information. According to the report, written during the era of Mr. Kim’s father, Kim Jong-il, three trains operate each time the leader travels: an advance security train, the leader’s train and a third carrying additional bodyguards and supplies.

Each of the carriages is bulletproof, making them thousands of pounds heavier than average. That additional weight translates to a slow ride. The trains are estimated to reach a maximum speed of just 37 miles per hour.

In Kim Jong-il’s time, according to the 2009 report, 100 security officers traveled in the advance train, searching stations for bombs and other threats and testing the safety of the track. Additionally, military helicopters and airplanes would fly overhead to provide more security.

Twenty train stations have been built across North Korea just for the leader’s personal use, according to the report.

North Korea’s state news media has occasionally covered the leaders from inside the train, offering a rare glimpse at some of the many specialized cars.

In 2015, Kim Jong-un was seen seated at a long white table in what appeared to be a conference room. In a similar video from 2011, his father, Kim Jong-il, is seen holding court in the same venue. In the older video, a flat screen television is clearly visible, and in the more recent one a laptop computer is seen.

In footage of the elder Mr. Kim’s trips, the leader is seen in an audience car with plush seats, leading a meeting in a dining car and attending a banquet in a car paneled in dark wood. In that footage, Mr. Kim is seated at a table filled with food as entertainers perform in tuxedos and evening gowns.

The former leader’s office car, including a desk and computer, is preserved as a museum exhibit at the Kumsusan Palace of the Sun, Kim Jong-il’s mausoleum in Pyongyang, the North Korean capital.

Kim Jong-il was rumored to have had a fear of flying and preferred to travel on his train, which was outfitted with modern communications technology and a large staff that catered to his whims.

“It was possible to order any dish of Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and French cuisine,” wrote Konstantin Pulikovsky, a Russian official who traveled with the former leader during a 2011 trip through Russia.

Mr. Kim insisted that live lobster and other fresh delicacies be delivered to the train as it crossed Siberia on trips to Russia. Cases of Bordeaux and Burgundy wines were flown in from Paris, Mr. Pulikovsky recounted in his memoir of the trip, “Orient Express.”

When bored, Mr. Kim relied on a group of female entertainers known as lady conductors to serenade him in Korean and Russian.

It is unknown what his son, Kim Jong-un, does for nourishment and entertainment while on board, but the younger Mr. Kim’s appetite is known to rival his father’s. He reportedly prefers Swiss cheese, Cristal Champagne and Hennessy cognac.

The train has been at the center of several events in modern North Korean history.

More than 3,000 people were killed in Ryongchon, near the Chinese border, in April 2004, when trains laden with combustible material exploded because of a collision or an electrical malfunction.

There were initial rumors that the explosion was part of an attempt on Kim Jong-il’s life because the leader’s train had passed through the town hours earlier.

According to the state news media, he would later die onboard his train after a heart attack in December 2011.

The arrival of the train in Beijing on Monday led to speculation that his son Kim Jong-un was meeting with Chinese officials to prepare for planned peace talks with South Korea and the United States  "

The train would go faster if the fat little fuck would lose some weight.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #2818 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 12:37pm
Tumbling Dijs wrote on Mar 26th, 2018 at 3:46pm:
DONALD TRUMP'S NEW CAMPAIGN JINGLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUWhlqItgus

new campaign jiggle

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #2819 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 3:15pm
Either Trump is so blatantly corrupt that even Anne Coulter has seen the light and turned on him, or I've simply lost my damn mind.

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2820 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 5:08pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2821 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 9:18pm
Some Guy wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 8:35am:
WASHINGTON — The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, has subpoenaed the Trump Organization to turn over documents, including some related to Russia, according to two people briefed on the matter. The order is the first known time that the special counsel demanded documents directly related to President Trump’s businesses, bringing the investigation closer to the president.

« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2018 at 8:23am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2822 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 9:30pm
Some Guy wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 8:35am:
WASHINGTON — The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, has subpoenaed the Trump Organization to turn over documents, including some related to Russia, according to two people briefed on the matter. The order is the first known time that the special counsel demanded documents directly related to President Trump’s businesses, bringing the investigation closer to the president.

« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2018 at 8:24am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2823 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 9:37pm

<  -------------   " I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!   "   :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/john-paul-stevens-for-the-nra-1522192529?mod=e2two

" John Paul Stevens for the NRA
The former Justice wants to repeal the Second Amendment. "

By The Editorial Board

" Critics often accuse the National Rifle Association of paranoia for arguing that gun controllers want to eliminate the Second Amendment. Well, being paranoid doesn’t mean the NRA is wrong.

Look no further than former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, who is arguing this week that the Parkland, Florida, students and their allies shouldn’t settle for mere restrictions on guns. They should lobby Congress and the states to abolish the Second Amendment.

“Concern that a national standing army might pose a threat to the security of the separate states led to the adoption of that amendment,” the 97-year-old former Justice wrote in an op-ed published in The New York Times Tuesday, adding, “today that concern is a relic of the 18th century.”

Apparently Justice Stevens is still sore about losing the argument in the 2008 landmark gun-rights case, D.C. v. Heller. He wrote the dissent in that case arguing that the Second Amendment was merely intended to support a militia, not the individual right to bear arms.

But he lost 5-4 as the majority held, with extensive citation from history, that the Founders intended the right for individuals. Some regulation of guns is legal under the Constitution, Justice Antonin Scalia wrote, but not restrictions that would ban guns in common use.

“That decision—which I remain convinced was wrong and certainly was debatable—has provided the N.R.A. with a propaganda weapon of immense power,” Mr. Stevens wrote in his op-ed. He added that “overturning that decision via a constitutional amendment to get rid of the Second Amendment would be simple and would do more to weaken the N.R.A.’s ability to stymie legislative debate and block constructive gun control legislation than any other available option.”

We’re not sure what he means by “simple” since repealing the Second Amendment would require a vote by two-thirds of Congress and ratification by three-fourths of the states. Good luck with that, since even now most Democrats in Congress won’t come out in favor of even an ban on so-called assault rifles, much less repeal of the right to bear arms.

But give credit to the former Justice for honesty about what most gun controllers believe deep in their progressive hearts: The right to own a weapon should be preserved for the state. Look for the NRA to use him as a spokesman more than it does Dana Loesch.  "
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2018 at 1:47pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2824 - Mar 28th, 2018 at 2:44pm

Pretty much how we would feel if Hillary were our President.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 ... 275
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)