Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 276
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 894,602 times)
Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #2675 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 2:45pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump on Monday suggested that he would have personally fought off the school shooter at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School even while not armed, despite the fact that he previously deferred military service due to bone spurs in his foot.

“I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon, and I think most of the people in this room would have done that too,” he said during a White House event with the nation’s governors.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2676 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 10:10pm
Some Guy wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 12:41pm:
Fucking up...

<  ----------- Gimmekeef  ?!   ... !!!!!   .... Talk About a Slow Moving Coup !!!!  :   Kim Jong Un is a friggin PIMP  !!!!!     He can NEVER Outfox President Donald J.
Trump  ( ' Dear Leader !  ' )    ..... but I did not know until today
  ....... that it is President Xi all along !!!!!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/25/world/asia/xi-jinping-china.html?hp&action=cl...

" President Xi’s Strongman Rule Raises New Fears of Hostility and Repression "

查看简体中文版 查看繁體中文版

By JANE PERLEZ and JAVIER C. HERNÁNDEZ

FEB. 25, 2018

" President Xi Jinping’s efforts to indefinitely extend his rule as China’s leader, announced on Sunday, raised fresh fears in China of a resurgence of strongman politics — and fears abroad of a new era of hostility and gridlock.

Mr. Xi, who has been president since 2013, has tried to cultivate an image as a benevolent father figure who is working to promote China’s peaceful rise.

But the ruling Communist Party’s decision to open a path to a third term for Mr. Xi heightened a sense of resentment in China among academics, lawyers, journalists and business executives. Many have watched warily as Mr. Xi has used his power to imprison scores of dissidents, stifle free speech and tighten oversight of the economy, the world’s second largest.

Wu Qiang, a political analyst in Beijing who is critical of Mr. Xi, said the change to the Constitution would turn Mr. Xi into a “super-president.”

“He will have no limits on his power,” he said.  "

J. " Corleone ! " Barzini ®
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2018 at 9:21pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2677 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 5:26am
Speaking of fucking up, where's Hillary been lately ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #2678 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 7:58am
Edith Grove wrote on Feb 27th, 2018 at 5:26am:

She lost who cares?......talk about whipping a dead horse Edith....lmao

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2679 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 8:19am
Edith Grove wrote on Feb 27th, 2018 at 5:26am:

"This is not okay, I thought. It was the second presidential debate, and Donald Trump was looming behind me. Two days before, the world heard him brag about groping women. Now we were on a small stage and no matter where I walked, he followed me closely, staring at me, making faces. It was incredibly uncomfortable. He was literally breathing down my neck. My skin crawled.

It was one of those moments where you wish you could hit pause and ask everyone watching, ‘Well, what would you do?’ Do you stay calm, keep smiling and carry on as if he weren’t repeatedly invading your space? Or do you turn, look him in the eye and say loudly and clearly, ‘Back up, you creep. Get away from me. I know you love to intimidate women, but you can’t intimidate me, so back the fuck up.'"
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2018 at 8:20am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2680 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 9:31am
"This is not okay, I thought. It was the second presidential debate, and Donald Trump was looming behind me. Two days before, the world heard him brag about groping women. Now we were on a small stage and no matter where I walked, he followed me closely, staring at me, making faces. It was incredibly uncomfortable. He was literally breathing down my neck. My skin crawled."

As if HILLARY of all people should have to worry about that !

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #2681 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 10:49am
Some Guy wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 2:45pm:
WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump on Monday suggested that he would have personally fought off the school shooter at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School even while not armed, despite the fact that he previously deferred military service due to bone spurs in his foot.

“I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon, and I think most of the people in this room would have done that too,” he said during a White House event with the nation’s governors.

I wonder if his golf cart would make it through the double doors?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2682 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 9:24pm

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2018 at 8:23am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2683 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 9:34pm

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2018-02-27-china-president-xi-jinping-a....

" Late last year, at the Chinese Communist Party’s congress, the personal stamp of the country’s president and party leader, Xi Jinping – his thoughts on the nature of the nation, its ideology and governance – was inserted into the party’s constitution, the first time something like this had been done since the era of Mao Zedong. That signified something big was under way. But still more has come to be. Just the other day, the Communist Party’s central committee voted that the two-term limit for presidents/party heads should be abolished. And in the absence of some kind of unprecedented, extraordinary, unimaginable rebellion by party and government, that is what will now be the case for President Xi Jinping.

This presumably means that Xi will be able to rule China until he decides he no longer wishes to do so, or he passes away. This will give China a government of great stability, a feature of the Chinese political universe that sources say the Chinese believe will be important in guiding the country’s future in a turbulent world. This will be true in a period that moves well beyond the time when there was just one hyper-power, America, and everyone else was racing to stay in the game. (As a kind of model, perhaps, Russia’s Vladimir Putin has found a way around the Russian constitution’s term limits provision by having inserted a tame hand puppet of a president in between his first two terms and then his current one – and presumably on into the one he will win in a walk, later this month.)  "

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2018 at 1:01pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #2684 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 10:29pm
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 27th, 2018 at 10:49am:

His fat ass wouldn't make it through the double doors.....It's coming bitches. Hard and fast! FUCK TRUMP!!!!!!!! Kiss my undercover ass Nanker

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2685 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 9:46pm
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 8:23am:
Freya Gin wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:01pm:
Humans have a genetic bottleneck, meaning we don't have a lot of genetic diversity. We're a rather inbred species. Believe it or not, this is relevant.

There are people following Trump's lead in saying that the solution to mass shootings in schools is for the teachers to have guns --truly one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard. They really believe (or claim to) that the solution to mass shootings caused by military grade firearms being easy accessible to tbe public is more guns present in the area with unarmed victims. You know how young people today say "I cant even"? Neither can I. And to even thinking about the people who voted for Trump after seeing him making fun of a disabled person like an elementary schoolyard bully is just sickening. They knew exactly what he was, they were just too dumb to realize that he'd happily burn them too. I was just thinking it would be nice to gather all these assholes up and send them to another universe but we can't, not the least of which reasons being that humans aren't genetically diverse enough as it is.... and then it hit me. That's already happened.

This is the universe where humanity in some other universe dumped those kind of people. That's why there's so damn many of these MAGA morons (and others just like them in other countries). That's why humans have that mysterious genetic bottleneck. This universe was the dumping ground of racist, misogynistic idiots.

God help us, indeed.

If there really was a God....mass shootings would never take place and idiots like Trump would not be offering up stupid solutions pandering to their political donors.

*****************   {     " SIGH !!!!!!!!!!!  "     ............ We Already Miss The ' Hopester ! '   What a FINE Piece of Ass !!!!! 
   }   *********************    :

« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2018 at 5:04pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2686 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 9:56pm

« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2018 at 8:42am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2687 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 9:14am
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:45pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #2688 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 4:05pm
Let's jump back to the 50's with tariffs and a trade war. The inflation this will create will eat into any tax breaks the middle class got.

Before this was announced and the markets dipped I wonder about insider trading by friends of you know who.

Wonder what Kushner's view is like from under the bus?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2689 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 7:10pm
gimmekeef wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 4:05pm:
Let's jump back to the 50's with tariffs and a trade war. The inflation this will create will eat into any tax breaks the middle class got.

Before this was announced and the markets dipped I wonder about insider trading by friends of you know who.

Fucking up- Trump himself seemed to relish the looming international confrontation over the policy shift, tweeting Friday morning that “trade wars are good, and easy to win.”

We predict this thread ends with all the Trump nut huggers leaving this thread and me left posting Obama dancing gifs talking about The Obama Bounce.
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2018 at 7:17pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2690 - Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:27am
Some Guy wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 7:10pm:

Fucking up- Trump himself seemed to relish the looming international confrontation over the policy shift, tweeting Friday morning that “trade wars are good, and easy to win.”

We predict this thread ends with all the Trump nut huggers leaving this thread and me left posting Obama dancing gifs talking about The Obama Bounce.

Market finished on an up-tick Friday, possibly because it realized that more steel will be made in USA in the not too distant future.

Steel wheels be rollin' again, ya'll! Hold on to your hat!

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #2691 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 8:28am
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:27am:
Some Guy wrote on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 7:10pm:

Market finished on an up-tick Friday, possibly because it realized that more steel will be made in USA in the not too distant future.

Steel wheels be rollin' again, ya'll! Hold on to your hat!

Except those cars will be more expensive and borrowing rates will be higher.......time will tell.....

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2692 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 12:01pm
moonpie?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/florida-public-school-teacher-white-nationa...

Trump Praises Chinese President For Extending Tenure ‘For Life’

“He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great. And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday.”

...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2018 at 12:22pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2693 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 8:32am

« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2018 at 10:17am by Joey »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #2694 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 12:09pm
Joey wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 8:32am:

The guy who is supposed to be the leader of the free democratic world says he thinks its great the Chinese guy is unelected and now will be there for life. This asshole has got to go.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2695 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 1:04pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Feb 27th, 2018 at 10:29pm:

His fat ass wouldn't make it through the double doors.....It's coming bitches. Hard and fast! FUCK TRUMP!!!!!!!! Kiss my undercover ass Nanker

I AM WEEPING OVER THE LOSS OF THIS BEAUTY .  THIS IS HOW WARS START !!!!   I AM SO UPSET  . MY STOMACH IS ALL TIED UP IN KNOTS  .  I HAVE LOST TEN POUNDS JUST SINCE THIS MORNING ! 

« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2018 at 1:27pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #2696 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 2:04pm
Joey wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 1:04pm:

I AM WEEPING OVER THE LOSS OF THIS BEAUTY .  THIS IS HOW WARS START !!!!   I AM SO UPSET  . MY STOMACH IS ALL TIED UP IN KNOTS  .  I HAVE LOST TEN POUNDS JUST SINCE THIS MORNING ! 

I heard she left in order for her knees to heal.......

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2697 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 2:27pm
gimmekeef wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 2:04pm:
Joey wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 1:04pm:

I heard she left in order for her knees to heal.......

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #2698 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 6:48pm
I remember the Cold War all too well. I never thought that I'd live to see the day Russia took over the US but that's what has happened. Trump is clearly Putin's puppet, which means Putin effectively rules the US.

I hope this is over soon. And that it doesn't spawn a new era of McCarthyism.

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2699 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 8:03pm
Freya Gin wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 6:48pm:
I remember the Cold War all too well. I never thought that I'd live to see the day Russia took over the US but that's what has happened. Trump is clearly Putin's puppet, which means Putin effectively rules the US.

I hope this is over soon. And that it doesn't spawn a new era of McCarthyism.

What's all this talk about a Russian pee tape?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 276
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)