Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 ... 275
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 890,701 times)
Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #2600 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:49pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Edith Grove wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:38am:
Some Guy wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 5:28pm:
What is this memo bullshit?
I ain't got time to keep up with all this crap.
I'm a very busy man.

This is going to be great !

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2601 - Feb 3rd, 2018 at 8:35am

<  -------------   B  - Bucky    ?!   .... !!!!!!    :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/justice-dept-told-court-o...

" Justice Dept. told court of source’s political influence in request to wiretap ex-Trump campaign aide, officials say "

By Ellen Nakashima

" The court that approved surveillance of a former campaign adviser to President Trump was aware that some of the information underpinning the warrant request was paid for by a political entity, although the application did not specifically name the Democratic National Committee or the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign, according to two U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

A now-declassified Republican memo alleged that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court was duped into approving the wiretap request by a politicized FBI and Justice Department. The memo was written by House Intelligence Committee Republicans and alleged a “troubling breakdown of legal processes” flowing from the government’s wiretapping of former Trump aide Carter Page.

But its central allegation — that the government failed to disclose a source’s political bias — is baseless, the officials said.

The Justice Department made “ample disclosure of relevant, material facts” to the court that revealed “the research was being paid for by a political entity,” said one official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the matter’s sensitivity.

“No thinking person who read any of these applications would come to any other conclusion but that” the work was being undertaken “at the behest of people with a partisan aim and that it was being done in opposition to Trump,” the official said.

Former senior Justice Department officials who handled applications for wiretap warrants under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) say that such applications typically include dozens of pages and undergo rigorous vetting.

“We didn’t put in every fact, but we put in enough facts to allow the court to judge bias and motive and credibility of the sourcing,” said Matthew G. Olsen, former deputy assistant attorney general for national security who oversaw the Justice Department’s FISA program from 2006 to 2009.

The Republican memo, he said, “is unconvincing and one-sided. It raises more questions than it answers.”

If the FISA application to surveil Page referred to funding by political opponents “or included similar references that revealed a motivation against then-candidate Trump, even if they did not name the DNC . . . then the FISA applications would be fine,” said David Kris, a FISA expert who led the Justice Department’s National Security Division from 2009 to 2011.

The memo left other national security experts underwhelmed.

“My basic reaction was, that’s what this was all about?” said Stephen I. Vladeck, a law professor at the University of Texas at Austin. “I was expecting something that was actually damning,” Vladeck said. “I think the only thing that has been damned was this whole controversy.”

Robert S. Litt, former general counsel to the director of national intelligence and a surveillance law expert, said, “I don’t find any of the allegations hugely problematic, in part because of the lack of context.”

Republican lawmakers characterized the memo as a public service.

“I have an obligation to the American people when we see FISA abuse . . . [that] American citizens that are represented before this court have to be protected,” House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), who led efforts to release the memo, said on Fox News. “It’s not a place we wanted to go, but it’s where we had to go.”

Nunes said that the Page wiretap was “outrageous” and that it was based on “salacious information paid for by a political campaign.”

At issue was an application for surveillance on Page obtained in October 2016 under the Obama administration and renewed three times, including by senior Justice Department officials in the Trump administration. To secure the warrant, the government had to persuade a federal judge there was probable cause to believe that Page was acting as an “agent of a foreign power” and engaged in criminal conduct.

The memo argues that an “essential” part of the warrant application was a dossier outlining alleged ties between Trump and Russia, a document compiled by British ex-spy Christopher Steele, who coordinated the research paid for by the DNC and Clinton campaign. But the memo failed to state how significant a role it played in the application, Litt said.

“If somebody submitted a FISA application that was based entirely on the dossier and left out information that was significant to assessing the credibility of the person who gave you the information, and that information about credibility would have made a difference to the court, I would think that’s significant,” he said.

“If the dossier was one small factor in a much larger mosaic of information going back four years indicating this man was an agent of a foreign power,” then it would be less significant, he said.

The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.), said, “Only very select parts of what Christopher Steele reported related to Carter Page were included within the application, and some of those things were already subject to corroboration.”

A potentially damaging allegation is that the FISA application, which was based in part on information from Steele about Page’s July 2016 trip to Moscow, also cited a September 2016 Yahoo News article by reporter Michael Isikoff. “This article,” the memo states, “is derived from information leaked by Steele himself to Yahoo News.”

In other words, the memo alleges the Yahoo News article amounted to redundant information.

Schiff said the article was not included in the application to corroborate Steele. That was one of the memo’s “serious mischaracterizations” about the FISA application.

Kris said it’s more likely that the Justice Department cited the Yahoo News article “to show that the investigation had become public and that the target [Carter] therefore might take steps to destroy evidence or cover his tracks.”

The Justice Department “uses lots of consultants who you could argue are not competent,” said Marcy Wheeler, a national security expert who runs the national security blog Emptywheel. Steele, she said, is a competent consultant. “If you want to deal with the issue of consultants in rule of law, you do that systematically; you don’t do that in this one memo.”
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2018 at 8:38am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2602 - Feb 3rd, 2018 at 9:25am
Some Guy wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:49pm:

The perfect metaphor for the state of the Democratic Party right now.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #2603 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 11:49pm
Fuck Trump! Kiss my undercover ass

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2604 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 8:01am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Feb 4th, 2018 at 11:49pm:

" What a Piece of Ass , Ronnie !!!!     ..... President Trump ( ' Dear Leader ! ' ) sure has a keen eye for the Ladies !!!  "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJacky Fly ! ®
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2018 at 12:59pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2605 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 8:33am
Starbuck wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:19pm:
Some Guy wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 5:28pm:
What is this memo bullshit?
I ain't got time to keep up with all this crap.
I'm a very busy man.

Please head on over to FB, where Riffy is caught in a perpetual day long orgasm. It is quite entertaining.

Nice Job Last Evening Bucky and Sir Moonie  !!!!   :

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #2606 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 1:52pm
So......while boycotting the NFL..The Commander In Thief throws a Super Bowl party at his golf resort including cheerleaders to boot. Our dime too....Hypocrisy at its finest.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2607 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 2:29pm
A Tale of Two Cities: CHICAGO, IL. & HOUSTON TX.

Population

2.7 million - Chicago
2.15 million-Houston

Median HH Income

$38,600 Chicago
$37,000-Houston

% African-American

38.9%-Chicago
24%-Houston

% Hispanic

29.9%-Chicago 
44%- Houston

% Asian

5.5%- Chicago
6%-Houston

% Non-Hispanic White

28.7%-Chicago
26%-Houston

Pretty similar until you compare the following:

Chicago, IL       Houston, TX

Concealed Carry   - Legal

No                    Yes

Number of Gun Stores

None                     184 Dedicated gun stores plus 1500 -
                             legal places to buy guns--Wal-Mart, K-
                             mart, sporting goods, etc.

Homicides, 2012

1,806                    207

Homicides per 100K

38.4                      9.6

Avg. January high temperature  (F)

31                         63

Liberal Conclusion:

Cold weather causes murders,

This is due to climate change.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2608 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 4:19pm
The Stock Market is dropping. Is the Obama bounce over?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2609 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 9:00pm
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 1:52pm:
So......while boycotting the NFL..The Commander In Thief throws a Super Bowl party at his golf resort including cheerleaders to boot. Our dime too....Hypocrisy at its finest.

< ---- My MAN !!!!   ..... Nice Side Piece !   Hope used to model / work for Ivanka Trump  . You just KNOW President Trump takes her to " POUNDTOWN ! " most evenings   --  Smokin'   . I just wish he would buy her some Boobs  [ Write it off as a Tax Deduction -- File as / under 
"  The Presidential   ' Girls  '    "  ]  :

« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2018 at 4:26pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2610 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 9:13pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Feb 4th, 2018 at 11:49pm:

« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2018 at 8:09am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2611 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 9:18pm
Some Guy wrote on Jan 21st, 2018 at 9:47am:
Trump is under the impression that the special prosecutor Robert Mueller isn't being paid and his work ain't moving forward. Lol

<  ------------- Some Guy   ... ?!  ... !!!!   :

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/679203/North-Korea-Kim-Jong-un-Fat-O...

" The REAL reason behind Kim Jong-un’s bulk revealed…his secret life as a WEIGHTLIFTER "

" KIM Jong-un has a secret past as a weightlifter which led to his present day huge heft, an expert has revealed.  "

North Korea’s leader is known for his bulky figure, ballooning in size since ascending to power in 2011.

Kim is believed to weigh around 290lbs while standing at 5ft 7 and lives an indulgent luxurious lifestyle of good food and alcohol.

But an expert on the Kims has claimed North Korea’s supreme leader’s large size is down to his sport-mad youth.

And North Korea has a rich weightlifting culture, having a successful record in the sport at the Olympics.

Michael Madden, who runs the analysis blog North Korea Leadership Watch, revealed Kim is believed to have been a keen weightlifter in his youth, when speaking to Daily Star Online.

Kim took up pumping iron when he returned from his private schooling in Switzerland, Mr Madden said.

His love of basketball is believed to have started in Europe, but when he came home he was ready to indulge in more traditional pursuits in North Korea.

Mr Madden points to pictures of Kim when he first emerged, in which he appears big and bulky but not as obviously obese as he does today.

he expert told Daily Star Online: “When he went back to North Korea he was a weightlifter.

“If you go see pictures from Kim Jong-un in 2009, you see a guy who is actually just a really big, bulky muscular kind of fella.

“And what happens to people when they stop lifting weights? It turns into flab.”

Kim is also claimed to have had a fiery temper as a young man, with Mr Madden revealed he is rumoured to have once “got so angry he kicked the s*** out of someone at an event in Pyongyang”.

He claimed however that as he has aged, Kim has mellowed and is now rather thoughtful and considered, saying there is a common “caricature of his personality”.

North Korea’s relationship with weightlifting his believed to be from its historic links to the Soviet Union.  "

« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2018 at 8:13am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2612 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 3:25pm
moonie pm'd me about his scarcity as of late, He got crazy with a friend and took the Tide challenge. Long story short he ate a Tide pod .
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2018 at 3:27pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2613 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 3:26pm

« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2018 at 5:11pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2614 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 9:24pm
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 1:52pm:

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2615 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 5:44am
Can't wait for the tit-for-tat memo to come out, complete with all the thrown-in sensitive info that will need need to be redacted.

Come on Dems, make it a good one !

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2616 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 5:51am
Edith Grove wrote on Feb 7th, 2018 at 5:44am:
Can't wait for the tit-for-tat memo to come out, complete with all the thrown-in sensitive info that will need need to be redacted.

Come on Dems, make it a good one !

Spoiler alert. Both sides suck.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2617 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 8:55am
Some Guy wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 4:19pm:
The Stock Market is dropping. Is the Obama bounce over?

Smokin' Hot !!!!    ---    Some Nice Presidential Tail   ( Sure beats Paula Jones , Jennifer Flowers or any / all of President Clinton's Women .  In fact , President Trump's Women are even hotter than President Kennedy's , President Johnson's or even President Roosevelt's Women    -- Yeah , THAT Good !   Talk about  ' Hope is a Wonderful Thing !  '   )    :

https://www.biography.com/news/shawshank-redemption-quotes-anniversary

" Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things  ,  ...... Ronnie !   "

Joey Shawshank ™
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2018 at 10:08am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2618 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 2:53pm
Some Guy wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 3:26pm:

Why does Pelosi insist on inserting immigration issues into budgetary legislation ?

Answer: The bitch needs the votes!

Man, do I feel sorry for Mr. Pelosi.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2619 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 8:52pm

<  ----------- Some Guy   ?!  ... !!!!!   :

« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2018 at 4:06pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2620 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 9:24pm
Some Guy wrote on Jan 20th, 2018 at 7:00am:
Fat boy shut it down. Great...

<  -------------- S- Some Guy  ?!  ... !!!!!  :

« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2018 at 8:40am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2621 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 5:48am
Some Guy ?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2622 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 6:25am
I am shutting this thread down Friday.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #2623 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 12:45pm
Some Guy wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 6:25am:

why wait?.....

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2624 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 3:08pm
Some Guy wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 6:25am:

You got a FISA warrant for that ?

Be like Tom Brady, SG. Stay in it until it's over and watch the Dem's hopes go down in flames.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 ... 275
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)