Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
In memory of Tom Layhue (TomL, Sai Wong, Willie Dixon)
With Sir Moonie, Fleabit Peanut Monkey, and Nanky © NFI but thanks!r!

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 275
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 894,061 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #250 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 5:03pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

Some Guy ?!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #251 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 9:47pm
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2016 at 11:15am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #252 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 8:05pm
Ouch!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #253 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 8:52am

<  --------- Some Guy    ..... ?!  ...... !!!!!!!  :

http://www.wsj.com/articles/les-deplorables-1473895470

" Les Déplorables"

"  Hillary Clinton names the five phobias of Donald Trump’s political supporters.   "

By DANIEL HENNINGER

" Hillary Clinton’s comment that half of Donald Trump’s supporters are “racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic”—a heck of a lot of phobia for anyone to lug around all day—puts back in play what will be seen as one of the 2016 campaign’s defining forces: the revolt of the politically incorrect.

They may not live at the level of Victor Hugo’s “Les Misérables,” but it was only a matter of time before les déplorables—our own writhing mass of unheard Americans—rebelled against the intellectual elites’ ancien régime of political correctness.

It remains to be seen what effect Hillary’s five phobias will have on the race, which tightened even before these remarks and Pneumonia-gate. The two events produced one of Mrs. Clinton’s worst weeks in opposite ways.

As with the irrepressible email server, Mrs. Clinton’s handling of her infirmity—“I feel great,” the pneumonia-infected candidate said while hugging a little girl—deepened the hole of distrust she lives in. At the same time, her dismissal, at Barbra Streisand’s LGBT fundraiser, of uncounted millions of Americans as deplorables had the ring of genuine belief.

Perhaps sensing that public knowledge of what she really thinks could be a political liability, Mrs. Clinton went on to describe “people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them . . . and they’re just desperate for change.”

She is of course describing the people in Charles Murray’s recent and compelling book on cultural disintegration among the working class, “Coming Apart: The State of White America, 1960-2010.” This is indeed the bedrock of the broader Trump base.

Mrs. Clinton is right that they feel the system has let them down. There is a legitimate argument over exactly when the rising digital economy started transferring income away from blue-collar workers and toward the “creative class” of Google and Facebook employees, no few of whom are smug progressives who think the landmass seen from business class between San Francisco and New York is pocked with deplorable, phobic Americans. Naturally, they’ll vote for the status quo, which is Hillary.

But in the eight years available to Barack Obama to do something about what rankles the lower-middle class—white, black or brown—the non-employed and underemployed grew. A lot of them will vote for Donald Trump because they want a radical mid-course correction. Which Mrs. Clinton isn’t and never will be.

This is not the Democratic Party of Bill Clinton. The progressive Democrats, a wholly public-sector party, have disconnected from the realities of the private economy, which exists as a mysterious revenue-producing abstraction. Hillary’s comments suggest they now see much of the population has a cultural and social abstraction.

To repeat: “racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic.”

Those are all potent words. Or once were. The racism of the Jim Crow era was ugly, physically cruel and murderous. Today, progressives output these words as reflexively as a burp. What’s more, the left enjoys calling people Islamophobic or homophobic. It’s bullying without personal risk.

Donald Trump’s appeal, in part, is that he cracks back at progressive cultural condescension in utterly crude terms. Nativists exist, and the sky is still blue. But the overwhelming majority of these people aren’t phobic about a modernizing America. They’re fed up with the relentless, moral superciliousness of Hillary, the Obamas, progressive pundits and 19-year-old campus activists.

Evangelicals at last week’s Values Voter Summit said they’d look past Mr. Trump’s personal résumé. This is the reason. It’s not about him.

The moral clarity that drove the original civil-rights movement or the women’s movement has degenerated into a confused moral narcissism. One wonders if even some of the people in Mrs. Clinton’s Streisandian audience didn’t feel discomfort at the ease with which the presidential candidate slapped isms and phobias on so many people.

Presidential politics has become hyper-focused on individual personalities because the media rubs them in our face nonstop. It is a mistake, though, to blame Hillary alone for that derisive remark. It’s not just her. Hillary Clinton is the logical result of the Democratic Party’s new, progressive algorithm—a set of strict social rules that drives politics and the culture to one point of view. A Clinton victory would enable and entrench the forces her comment represents.

Her supporters say it’s Donald Trump’s rhetoric that is “divisive.” Just so. But it’s rich to hear them claim that their words and politics are “inclusive.” So is the town dump. They have chopped American society into so many offendable identities that only a Yale freshman can name them all.

If the Democrats lose behind Hillary Clinton, it will be in part because America’s les déplorables decided enough of this is enough.  "
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2016 at 8:58am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #254 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 8:57am
I be a Hillaryphobe  Oh no! not you again

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #255 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 9:09am
I be a Monico Lewinsky

Oh no! not you again Waka Jawaka Puke all over me (wait that is BLEED) Ouch! Shit!

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #256 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 5:22am

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #257 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 8:10am

"  I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!! "

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #258 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 9:24am

<  ------------- Some Guy   ?!  .... !!!!! :

http://www.wsj.com/articles/democrats-deplorable-emails-1473981664

" Democrats’ Deplorable Emails   "

" How much to buy an ambassadorship? The answer is in the latest hacked messages.   "

By KIMBERLEY A. STRASSEL

" If the 2016 election is remembered for anything beyond its flawed candidates, it will be recalled as the year of the Democratic email dump. Or rather, the year that the voting public got an unvarnished view of the disturbing—nay, deplorable—inner workings of the highest echelons of the Democratic Party.

What makes the continuing flood of emails instructive is that nobody was ever meant to see these documents. Hillary Clinton set up a private server to shield her communications as secretary of state from the public. She gave top aide Huma Abedin an account on that server. She never envisioned that an FBI investigation and lawsuits would drag her conversations into the light.

The Democratic National Committee and Colin Powell (an honorary Democrat) likewise believed their correspondence secure. But both were successfully targeted by hackers, who released the latest round of enlightening emails this week.

These emails provide what the public always complains it doesn’t have: unfiltered evidence of what top politicians do and think. And what a picture they collectively paint of the party of the left. For years, Democrats have steadfastly portrayed Republicans as elitist fat cats who buy elections, as backroom bosses who rig the laws in their favor, as brass-knuckle lobbyists and operators who get special access. It turns out that this is the precise description of the Democratic Party. They know of what they speak.

The latest hack of the DNC—courtesy of WikiLeaks via Guccifer 2.0—shows that Mrs. Clinton wasn’t alone in steering favors to big donors. Among the documents leaked is one that lists the party’s largest fundraisers/donors as of 2008. Of the top 57 cash cows 18 ended up with ambassadorships. The largest fundraiser listed, Matthew Barzun, who drummed up $3.5 million for Mr. Obama’s first campaign, was named ambassador to Sweden and then ambassador to the United Kingdom. The second-largest, Julius Genachowski, was named the head of the Federal Communications Commission. The third largest, Frank Sanchez, was named undersecretary of commerce.

Keep in mind what an earlier leak revealed: a May 18, 2016, email from an outside lawyer to DNC staffers in which the attorney suggests a call to “go over our process for handling donations from donors who have given us pay to play letters.” Add this to what the Clinton and Abedin emails have shown to be a massive pay-to-play operation at the Clinton Foundation, in which megadonors like the crown prince of Bahrain got special access to the secretary of state.

And there are also all those Clinton speeches, for which they were paid millions. News comes this week that despite the Clintons’ promises to distance themselves from their foundation, they will first be holding what sounds like one last fire sale on future presidential access: a belated birthday bash for Bill Clinton, with a glitzy party at the Rainbow Room in Manhattan. A donation of $250,000 gets you listed as “chair” of the party, while “co-chair” costs $100,000. Foundation officials are refusing to say who has donated, or how much.

So which political party is all about money, influence and special access? The Republican Party held a true, democratic primary. Seventeen candidates battled it out, and the voters choose a nominee that much of the party establishment disliked.

Leaked emails show that the Democratic Party hierarchy retreated to a backroom to anoint Hillary Clinton and then exercised its considerable power to subvert the primary process and kill off the Bernie Sanders campaign. In one email, Chief Financial Officer Brad Marshall suggested sliming Mr. Sanders on religion: “Can we get someone to ask his belief. Does he believe in a God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist.” How’s that for deplorable?

Perhaps most revealing are Mr. Powell’s emails, which show, undisguised, how Clinton supporters think. Specifically, the emails demonstrate that this crowd recognizes the Clintons as a menace—and yet they are willing to excuse away anything. “I would rather not have to vote for her,” Mr. Powell wrote to a friend. “A 70-year person with a long track record, unbridled ambition, greedy, not transformational, with a husband still [sleeping with] bimbos at home.”

Unpack that. Mr. Powell is saying that Hillary is old; that she is a scandal factory; that she will cut any corner to win and do anything for a buck; that she won’t help the country; and that her husband remains a liability. And yet other emails suggest Mr. Powell nonetheless was (is?) debating giving her a boost with a well-timed endorsement in the fall.

This is the modern Democratic Party. The more it has struggled to sell its ideas to the public, the more it has turned to rigging the system to its political benefit. Don’t take Republicans’ word for it. Just read the emails. "
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2016 at 9:26am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #259 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 9:24pm
Joey, you know it's Bill who is gonna be running the show when Hillary wins!
Yes we should!

How 'bout them baskets of deplorables?

IP Logged

a.completeunknown
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #260 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 9:57pm
Check this site out during Trump rallies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okV84GhfAgc

They put up hiliary-ous pop-ups before and during speeches. (Site only up during rallies and some indefinite time afterwards repeating playback.)
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2016 at 10:00pm by a.completeunknown »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #261 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 7:06am

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #262 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 8:11am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Sep 17th, 2016 at 7:06am:

It's a damn shame that jackasses exist on both ends of the spectrum.
Not really interested in a pissing match here, but I think it's necessary to remind you of the outright bloody violence that was committed by anti-Trump extremists right there in your hometown, SCL.

As reported by a left-leaning news source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/03/ugly-bloody-scenes...

Let the fools talk, they have that right, but beware of the radicals on both sides.
Fortunately, those radicals are in the minority.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #263 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 9:19am
Edith Grove wrote on Sep 17th, 2016 at 8:11am:

Not really interested in a pissing match here, but I think it's necessary to remind you of the outright bloody violence that was committed by anti-Trump extremists right there in your hometown, SCL.

As reported by a left-leaning news source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/03/ugly-bloody-scenes...

Let the fools talk, they have that right, but beware of the radicals on both sides.

Edith 2016!

IP Logged

Marie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #264 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 9:54am
Edith......

Your my man!!!!!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #265 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 11:01am

https://www.amazon.com/Killing-Rising-Sun-America-Vanquished/dp/1627790624

By : Rick Shaq Goldsteinon  September 14, 2016

" I am an Honorably Discharged Viet Nam Era Veteran… and I feel “honored” just to be able to read this book. With the discord in some circles today about the lack of honoring our flag and our National Anthem… this book couldn’t have been released at a better time.

This book is riveting… it’s bone chilling… it’s tears of pride… and tears of sadness… inducing… it produces nauseating disgust of what human beings are capable of doing… and also makes you literally want to get down on your knees… and thank the wondrous Lord… for the miracle of the men he has put on this earth… who truly put love of country first.

And it so shamefully puts a spotlight on these people who try to discredit… demean… degrade… and disgrace our flag and what it stands for. As a child I was taught by my Dad as we raised the flag in front of our house… to never let the flag hit the ground… and if you did… you kissed it when you picked it up. I grew up to see first-hand in the military… the honor of the person who carried our flag in formations in front of us. And the hypocrisy and loss of a country’s literal spine… by allowing people to burn it…

As a Grandfather now… I tell my son of my fear… of being jailed and having my life ruined… based on my physical response if someone in my vision tries to desecrate the flag. That’s what this world has come to… and reading this detailed book of World WarII’s darkest hours… and the heroism of United States Veterans… will make that great American Flag… literally come alive with voices… and faces… and unbelievable sacrifice… so powerful… you may literally throw your arm out of its socket when you are lucky enough to snap off a salute.

Bill O’Reilly… some people may not know… was a history teacher… before he became a world famous journalist. He and his co-author Martin Dugard… have created a book that literally should be ordained into a standard textbook in our school systems. It is accurate… it is bloody… it’s absolutely no holds barred. If some school districts can hand out birth control to children… they sure as hell can hand out a book that describes why we’re free… and the bloody price we paid for our freedom.

This book is tremendous in the detail of such historical figures as General MacArthur… and the President whom I personally believe probably made more important decisions than any president in my lifetime… good old… “Give-Em-Hell” Harry S. Truman. (By the way… the “S” doesn’t stand for anything… that’s the kind of detail these authors inundate you with… and the bevy of footnotes throughout the book… are perfectly placed… and totally illuminating.) Even more impactful… than the big names like MacArthur, Truman, Tojo, Roosevelt… etc. etc… is the poetic telling of the everyday… your next door neighbor… the gas station attendant… the farmer… the high school teenagers… who immediately enlisted after Pearl Harbor. The authors’ so reverently… stop… on a dime… and tell you all about their bravery… most is too much to fully believe. So the endless-countless-faces of American’s that make our flag and country great share equal billing.

The savagery of the Japanese is not sugar coated. Everything from tying live human beings to trees and using them for bayonet practice… the joyful raping of tens of thousands Chinese… forcing Chinese families to perform atrocities on their own families… and the fact that it was almost fun and games to the Japanese civilians… as the hometown paper kept score of soldiers competing in how many heads they could chop off quicker.

And then the race to develop an atomic bomb… and the decision to use it. At the end of the book (this is not a spoiler) you will see letters from former Presidents… as to the right decision being made by “THE BUCK STOPS HERE” Harry S. Truman. Oh… to have a leader like Harry today.

To end my review… I can’t think of anything better than to share a quotation that I have had up on the wall in two rooms of my house for over twenty-five years:

*** THOSE WHO HAVE LONG ENJOYED ***
*** SUCH PRIVILEGES AS WE ENJOY ***
*** FORGET IN TIME ***
*** THAT MEN HAVE DIED TO WIN THEM”
FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT    "

" Now I understand why China does not want American Troops along its border , Ronnie !!!!!!   "

LBJoeykins ™
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2016 at 11:05am by Joey »  

IP Logged

a.completeunknown
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #266 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 1:41pm
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm sorry! That link for the Trump rallies with pop-ups is just temporary during that particular rally. Here's the good link.

https://www.youtube.com/user/psb2usa

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #267 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 2:06pm
Trump should build a wall around Joey's posts.

So long sucker

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #268 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 7:44am

We piss anywhere man. The difference is that Trump actively and openly promotes and encourages the radicals. He does nothing to discourage it. Twice he has openly encouraged his supporters to commit violence against Hillary. Yeah their are nut jobs everywhere. But I'm most concerned about the guy running for president who encourages the crazies.........................Happy 11,000 post to me.
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2016 at 5:01pm by sweetcharmedlife »  

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #269 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:22am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 7:44am:

We piss anywhere man. The difference is that Trump actively and openly promotes and encourages the radicals. He does nothing it discourage it. Twice he has openly encouraged his supporters to commit violence against Hillary. Yeah their are nut jobs everywhere. But I'm most concerned about the guy running for president who encourages the crazies.........................Happy 11,000 post to me.

Hear, hear. And happy 11k posts.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #270 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 9:36pm

" I LOVE YOU ALL !!!! "

« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2016 at 8:12am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #271 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 9:50pm

mojo  .... ?!   ... !!!!! :

« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2016 at 8:51am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #272 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 10:35am

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #273 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 3:16pm

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #274 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 8:07pm
FUCK TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i WILL SAY THIS EVERYDAY UNTIL ELECTION DAY.....................Or until Gazza or Voodoo shuts down this thread. Or kicks me out. I will not stop my anti-Trump posts otherwise. This shit is too important to let that lunatic run free...............say what you want want about IORR. But one of the few good things BV ever did was ban political posts.  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 275
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)