Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 275
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 890,982 times)
Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #2050 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 5:18pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Edith Grove wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 1:42pm:
Pdog wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 12:04pm:
Ending DACA. Perfect example of doing spiteful cruel shit based on race, to good people.
It's going to make us lose money, hurt people who've gotten zero assistance and have jobs. But they're brown and came here as small children. In other words the perfect person, to make america proud, and contribute to the growth and betterment.
But let's let a bunch of opiate addicted medicaid racists think they're losing jobs. Jobs they'd never have worked this hard to get!!!!

Please update your account to enable coherent posting devoid of regurgitated, far-left narrative.

91% of DACA participants are employed and 100% have NO criminal record. I wonder if A group of 800,000 Trump supporters could boast the same statistics.

Trump is cruel, that is all.
These are exactly who we want becoming American citizens.
DACA recipients ineligible for:
- Medicaid
- Food Stamps
- SSI
- Welfare
- Section 8
- ACA
So how did so many get great jobs and college degrees?
Hard work and a love for country.

Who do these young adult, brought here as children, brown skinned people threaten?
Lazy opiated medicaid collecting lazy white supremacists, shove that up your tight narrow views.

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #2051 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 8:25pm
The other day, I went to the grocery store, and the clerk asked me if I was going to be using an EBT card.  (Food Stamps)  Even though, I was hurt and insulted, I simply said, "No.  I'm paying with cash."
As a child, I received food stamps.  But, never as an adult.  In fact, because I am single with no dependents, and do not own my own home, Uncle Sam really taxes me!  And, whatever government assistance I received as a child, I have more than REPAID it as an adult!
Finally, my entire family is American and I do not know anyone in the DACA program!

I do have distant relatives in Mexico, but they live comfortably in Mexico and have no desire to come to the U.S.  Except to go to Disneyland, Las Vegas or shopping in L.A.
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2017 at 8:27pm by gorda »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2052 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 8:09am

<  ----------- Some Guy    .... ?!   ....  !!!!!!    :

http://www.omaha.com/opinion/george-will-north-korea-threat-gets-real/article_a7...

" George Will: North Korea threat gets real "

" The U.S. Air Force “sniffer plane” was collecting air samples off Russia’s Kamchatka Peninsula on Sept. 3, 1949, when it gathered evidence of radioactivity, confirming that the war-shattered Soviet Union had tested a nuclear device. The Soviets’ Aug. 29, 1949, test had come faster than expected.

Dating from the detonation at Alamogordo, New Mexico, on July 16, 1945, the basic science of nuclear explosions is more than 72 years old — three years older than the North Korean nation. Ballistic missile technology is more than 60 years old.

The problems of miniaturizing warheads for mounting on missiles, and of ensuring the warheads’ survival en route to targets, are not sufficient to stymie a nation — consider Pakistan, whose annual per capita income is less than $2,000 — that is determined to have a nuclear arsenal.

North Korea has one and is developing ICBMs faster than expected and with ostentatious indifference to U.S. proclamations.

On Jan. 2, President-elect Donald Trump scampered up the rhetorical escalation ladder, unlimbering his heavy artillery — an exclamation point — to tweet about North Korea’s promised ICBM test: “It won’t happen!” It did. North Korea’s most audacious act, firing a missile over Japan, came seven days after Secretary of State Rex Tillerson praised North Korea’s “restraint.”

Pyongyang’s “signaling” does not involve abstruse semiotics: It wants a nuclear arsenal, and as the Economist magazine says, the world’s unpalatable options are the improbable (productive negotiations), the feeble (more sanctions) and the terrifying (military preemption).

Concerning the latter, there is no bright line, but there is a distinction to be drawn, however imprecisely, between preemptive war and preventive war.

The former constitutes self-defense in response to a clear and present danger — repelling an act of aggression presumed with reasonable certainty to be imminent. The latter is an act of anticipation — and, to be candid, of aggression — to forestall the emergence of a clear and present danger.

When Trump threatened North Korea with “fire and fury like the world has never seen,” was he threatening to cross the nuclear weapons threshold?

This has been contemplated before regarding North Korea. Former Gen. Douglas MacArthur, who had been fired by President Harry Truman for insubordination, handed President-elect Dwight Eisenhower a memorandum on how “to clear North Korea of enemy forces”: “This could be accomplished through the atomic bombing of enemy military concentrations and installations in North Korea and the sowing of fields of suitable radio-active materials, the by-product of atomic manufacture, to close major lines of enemy supply and communication. . . . ”

MacArthur badly misjudged Eisenhower, whose biographer Jean Edward Smith says that during the 1945 Potsdam Conference, when Eisenhower was told of the Alamogordo test — his first knowledge of the new weapon — “he was appalled” and “was the only one at Potsdam who opposed using the bomb.” Smith says:

“As president, Eisenhower would twice be presented with recommendations from his National Security Council and the Joint Chiefs of Staff that the bomb be used; first, in Vietnam to protect the French at Dien Bien Phu, then against China at the time of the Formosa Strait crisis. Both times Eisenhower rejected the recommendations. As a former supreme commander, Eisenhower had the confidence to do so, where other presidents might not have. And by rejecting the use of the bomb, there is no question that Eisenhower raised the threshold at which atomic weaponry could be employed — a legacy we continue to enjoy.”

The non-proliferation regime has been remarkably successful. President John Kennedy said that by 1975 there might be 20 nuclear powers.

Now, however, North Korea, the ninth, might be joined by Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, among others, unless U.S. leadership produces, regarding North Korea, conspicuously credible deterrence.

On Aug. 1, Sen. Lindsey Graham said that Trump had told him that “there will be a war with North Korea” if it continues to develop ICBMs capable of reaching the United States. “We’ll see,” said Trump on Sunday, responding to this shouted question: “Will you attack North Korea?” You?

Are Congress’ constitutional powers regarding war so atrophied that it supinely hopes for mere post facto notification?

Ten months after Nov. 8, that day’s costs, until now largely aesthetic, are suddenly, although not altogether unpredictably, more serious than were perhaps contemplated by his 62,984,825 voters  "

« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2017 at 12:28pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2053 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 9:24am
" Jayhat, I think "no military solution" includes nuclear weapons within it.  Subsumed.

Fortunately, this is a media and politically created muffstorm.  North Korea pretends it matters every 2-3 years (probably when the are re-negotiating whatever backroom deals with have with them), and then it goes back to whatever they do with the rest of their time. 

Mondo.  Mondo-spazz.  Nutra-mondo.  Banana splits.

banana ass
banana cake
banana hat
banana betty
banana dick  "

Me Arse !!!!

Sir Moonie   ,  C10  :

When the topic is  " Korean Racial Purity  "    ---  Kim ( A REAL Killer  ---- Yes , WORSE than Stalin )  does not re-negotiate ANY backroom deals . He means BUSINESS .   Kim wants American Servicemen off of the Korean Peninsula and he wants then off immediately .

The United States of America must launch Nuclear Weapons against North Korea right NOW  --- the window is closing FAST  and they only understand one thing   -----  THE BIG ONE  !!!!! :

« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2017 at 1:32pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2054 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 5:24pm
gorda wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 8:25pm:
The other day, I went to the grocery store, and the clerk asked me if I was going to be using an EBT card.  (Food Stamps)  Even though, I was hurt and insulted, I simply said, "No.  I'm paying with cash."
As a child, I received food stamps.  But, never as an adult.  In fact, because I am single with no dependents, and do not own my own home, Uncle Sam really taxes me!  And, whatever government assistance I received as a child, I have more than REPAID it as an adult!
Finally, my entire family is American and I do not know anyone in the DACA program!

I do have distant relatives in Mexico, but they live comfortably in Mexico and have no desire to come to the U.S.  Except to go to Disneyland, Las Vegas or shopping in L.A.

There are people who will say you are taking jobs. I talked with a Trump Nut friend of mine about this shit. I asked him what DACA means, he said Don't ask Can't ask- I said yep and walked away.

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #2055 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 8:21pm
This president has big balls of fire!

Mexico Expels North Korean Ambassador After Latest Nuclear Test

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-07/mexico-expels-north-korean-am...

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2056 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 8:35pm

Voo?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2057 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 8:47pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 8:21pm:
This president has big balls of fire!

Mexico Expels North Korean Ambassador After Latest Nuclear Test

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-07/mexico-expels-north-korean-am...

YES VOO   !!!!!!      ***********   Mexico and the U.S.A. WILL defeat the EVIL Kim Jong Un   !!!!!!  ************* :

" Mexico on Thursday ordered North Korea’s ambassador to leave the country in 72 hours in response to the Asian nation’s latest nuclear tests.

Ambassador Kim Hyong Gil was declared persona non grata and will have to vacate the embassy in Mexico City, the Foreign Ministry said in an e-mailed statement. Mexico said it absolutely rejects North Korea’s nuclear activity, calling it a serious risk for peace and international security and a growing threat to the region, including its "fundamental allies" of Japan and South Korea.  "

" We must strike SOON  , Ronnie !!!   "

LBJoeykins ®

« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2017 at 8:57pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2058 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 8:58pm
Some Guy wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 12:36pm:
Just wait for Trump's " I have a Tweet" speech.

<  ------------ Some Guy    ....  ?!  ... !!!!!   :

http://www.omaha.com/opinion/ramesh-ponnuru-fixing-obama-s-overreach/article_c11...

" Ramesh Ponnuru: Fixing Obama’s overreach  "

" It wasn’t heartlessness that moved President Donald Trump to lift protections for people who had been brought to the United States illegally when they were minors, his aides took pains to explain when he made the decision.

The president, they said, does not have the constitutional authority to give them work permits and immunize them from deportation. Congress has never passed a law granting legal status to the affected people.

It’s up to Congress, a White House fact sheet said, “to responsibly address federal immigration law in an appropriate and constitutional manner.”

Trump’s aides are right about President Barack Obama. He did exceed his authority when he acted without congressional approval. Obama previously said that although he thought that people who came here illegally through no fault of their own should have legal status, he did not have the power to grant it. Then he decided he wanted them to have it enough to ignore the formality of the law.

The White House is right, too, that Congress can fix the problem. It can pass a law to keep the affected group from being deported — perhaps as part of a deal that also includes some funding for barriers to illegal immigration at the Mexican border — and it should do so.

But the argument would be easier to credit if Trump were not continuing another Obama policy that raises similar constitutional issues: federal payments to health insurers to cover the cost of reducing co-payments and deductibles for customers with low incomes. Congress has never appropriated money to spend for this purpose.

In both cases, then, Obama acted as though Congress had taken an action it had not. In both cases, conservatives said that his actions were unlawful and initiated lawsuits to vindicate the point. In both cases, Congress has the power to fix the problem.

In both cases, finally, some congressional Republicans have hoped that Trump would keep the constitutionally dubious Obama policy so as to avoid some negative consequences. These Republicans didn’t want to see people who have gotten work permits to lose them or be deported, and they didn’t want to take the risk that premiums would rise for many people without the health insurance subsidies (even though the Congressional Budget Office says the risk is low).

So why is Trump continuing the Obama policy for health insurers while canceling the one for illegal immigrants? The main difference seems to be a political one. Avoiding turmoil in health-insurance markets is worth flouting the law; avoiding turmoil in the lives of illegal immigrants — even a highly sympathetic subset of them — isn’t.

Not in this administration.  "
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2017 at 8:11am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2059 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 9:01pm
gorda wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 9:11pm:
Okay, I secretly think Kim Jong Un is cute and sexy!  (Except, for the being an evil dictator thing . . .)

<  ----------- Edith  ?!   ...  !!!!!   :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/09/08/another-north-korea...

" Another North Korean holiday? It’s probably time for another missile launch.   "

By Michelle Ye Hee Lee

" SEOUL — Saturday is the 69th anniversary of the founding of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, and neighboring countries are bracing for the rogue country to celebrate in a classic North Korean way: by conducting a test of its nuclear and missile program.

Since earlier in the week, South Korean government officials had reported signs of another missile test in the works, possibly a long-range launch set for this weekend.

Then on Thursday, South Korean Prime Minister Lee Nak-yon announced that the government expects North Korea to launch another intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) on Sept. 9, saying the situation is “very grave.” The National Security Council met Thursday to discuss plans in case of a new missile test.

Like many countries, North Korea likes to celebrate independence or founding days with parades and proclamations, but Pyongyang likes to add dramatic gestures against imperialism, particularly ones that showcase its military might.

For example, in 2015, North Korea turned back its time zone by a half-hour, creating “Pyongyang Time” on its 70th anniversary of Korea’s liberation from Japanese occupation. “The wicked Japanese imperialists committed such unpardonable crimes as depriving Korea of even its standard time while mercilessly trampling down its land,” the official KCNA news agency said at the time.

North Korea’s neighboring countries have come to expect the isolated country to conduct regular exercises, particularly to celebrate the Day of the Sun in April, the birthday of its founding president. And on Sept. 9 last year, North Korea marked the anniversary of its founding with an underground nuclear test, saying it was building protection against “threats and sanctions.”

Kim Il Sung, the founding president of North Korea and the current leader’s grandfather, emerged as a leader under the Communist Party of Korea with the help of the Soviet Union after World War II, and established the Worker’s Party of North Korea in 1946.

Over the next two years, Kim formed the northern half of the Korean Peninsula into its own state, and by September 1948, had become the leader of the Supreme People’s Assembly. On Sept. 9, 1948, the Democratic Republic of North Korea was established.

Fast forward 69 years. Predicting exactly what action the rogue nation will take on a given day is a futile exercise, but there’s anticipation building up to the weekend — particularly given South Korean intelligence on technical preparations leading up to another test.

[For Kim Jong Un, nuclear weapons are a security blanket. And he wants to keep it.]

The significance of another intercontinental ballistic missile test would be more political than practical, said Christopher Green, senior adviser for the Korean Peninsula at the International Crisis Group. There's another holiday around the corner — Oct. 10, the anniversary of the founding of the Korean Workers’ Party — so it’s not imperative for Pyongyang to conduct a test on Sept. 9, he said.

Moreover, the shorter the space between each test, the less there is that North Korea’s scientists and technicians can learn from them and make improvements to their designs, he said.

“To the degree that North Korea knows that the international community is going to punish it for conducting its sixth nuclear test — or try to punish it, at any rate — there is no incentive not to do something else provocative on Sept. 9. If one is going to be punished for one’s actions anyway, why not go the whole hog?” Green said.

“On the other side of the coin, everyone now seems to expect North Korea to take a provocative step of some kind on Sept. 9, and it doesn’t serve Pyongyang’s interests to be too predictable in the short run. They may opt to wait,” Green added.

North Korea has been stepping up its nuclear and missile program significantly in recent months. In July, North Korea conducted two tests of an intercontinental ballistic missile that appeared capable of reaching the United States mainland.

The United Nations Security Council already has imposed sanctions, including on coal and seafood. Yet they have done little to alter North Korea's behavior; less than a week ago, Pyongyang conducted its sixth and most powerful nuclear test to date. This prompted South Korean President Moon Jae-in to push for even harsher sanctions, including cutting off the critical crude oil supply, but China and Russia — permanent members of the U.N. Security Council — have yet to come around to that particular idea.

“There’s been no diplomatic intervention to stop the continued testing, and the pace has been consistently fast,” said John Delury, associate professor of Chinese studies at the Yonsei University Graduate School of International Studies in Seoul.

It remains unclear what the international community can do next. Meanwhile, North Korea issued a defiant statement Thursday: “We will reply to U.S. barbarian sanctions and pressure with our powerful countermeasures.”

“North Korea could be playing with us, looking like they’re moving stuff around just to keep people on edge,” Delury said. “If there’s nothing on the 9th, there will be a sigh of relief — but it’s sort of meaningless, because we’ve set this expectation.”

In Seoul, life is carrying on as normal. Delury’s advice to a certain WorldViews reporter trying to figure out whether she can make plans to see her grandmother in Seoul this weekend: “When it comes between your grandma and Kim Jong Un, you should pick your grandma.”

« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2017 at 8:15am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2060 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 9:05pm
Pdog wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 8:47pm:
Trump hater: I can't stand Trump, the bullshit is so high.
Trump supporter: but hill....
Face punch!

« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2017 at 8:17am by Joey »  

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2061 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 9:37pm
So is it the voting public that are partisan unprincipled hypocrites, or is it the politicians?  In other words, do unprincipled hypocrite politicians induce the voters to act the way the do, or do voters demand unprincipled hypocrisy from their elected leaders?  I tend to think it's more the latter, but interested in other's thoughts on the very real subject.  Assuming you have any thoughts.

Seems like politicians were more principled when I was younger.  They've become worse as the media has become more absurd.  Like a correlation and stuff.

Bean piss
Piss street
Piss neck
Piss loaf
Pomeranian

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2062 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 9:38pm
sirmoonie wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 9:37pm:
So is it the voting public that are partisan unprincipled hypocrites, or is it the politicians?  In other words, do unprincipled hypocrite politicians induce the voters to act the way the do, or do voters demand unprincipled hypocrisy from their elected leaders?  I tend to think it's more the latter, but interested in other's thoughts on the very real subject.  Assuming you have any thoughts.

Seems like politicians were more principled when I was younger.  They've become worse as the media has become more absurd.  Like a correlation and stuff.

Bean piss
Piss street
Piss neck
Piss loaf
Pomeranian

« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2017 at 8:18am by Joey »  

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2063 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 10:15pm
17,000 posts Joey. Does that include your posts from the old Rocks Off? Howe many miles has your avatar walked? Whatever happened to Jb? What's it all about Joey?

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2064 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 10:30pm
Some Guy wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 5:24pm:
[quote author=343C213732530 link=1469838685/2051#2051 date=1504747504]There are people who will say you are taking jobs. I talked with a Trump Nut friend of mine about this shit. I asked him what DACA means, he said Don't ask Can't ask- I said yep and walked away.

I'm American! Furthermore, I took a DNA test and it turns out I am mostly NATIVE AMERICAN!  Yay!

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #2065 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 12:12pm
I love Joey's politically (un)conscious posts in which he regales us with long stories using small font that he has only read the first few lines of. So refreshing and insightful.

Meanwhile, Betsy DeVos, a woman (I think), has just announced that the dept of ed will now roll back its efforts to enforce the prosecution of sexual assault on college campuses. Yay for men!

http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2017/09/07/549197971/betsy-devos-signals-a-pullba...

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2066 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 12:41pm
gorda wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 10:30pm:
[quote author=343C213732530 link=1469838685/2051#2051 date=1504747504]There are people who will say you are taking jobs. I talked with a Trump Nut friend of mine about this shit. I asked him what DACA means, he said Don't ask Can't ask- I said yep and walked away.

I'm American! Furthermore, I took a DNA test and it turns out I am mostly NATIVE AMERICAN!  Yay!

Let's not get too cocky here.  I heard that as part of Trump's War On Brown, he's going to try and DACAlize everyone with a hue scale over khaki.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2067 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 1:18pm
Duck face
Duck dick
Disco duck
Log jam
Piss squat
Barrel ass
Fish phlegm
Ponce ass
Ponce dick
Puncey
Jack leg
Jack ass
Ass jack
Pomeranian ass jack
Bozo
Bozo dick
Tripe hound
Slam snot
Ostrogoth
Visigoth
German
Cheesecake
Bundt cake
Clam cake
Fat cake
Beef cake
Pound cake
Dick cake
Snot cake
Chisel cake
Cupcake
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2017 at 1:19pm by sirmoonie »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2068 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:00pm
sirmoonie wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 12:41pm:

Let's not get too cocky here.  I heard that as part of Trump's War On Brown, he's going to try and DACAlize everyone with a hue scale over khaki.

just wait, when Riffy comes back he is gonna clean your clock.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2069 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:39pm
Some Guy wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:00pm:
sirmoonie wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 12:41pm:

just wait, when Riffy comes back he is gonna clean your clock.

You're talking to the guy who took out Telecaster.  You think I fear some conservative wanna-be pipsqueak like Riffhard?  He wears mauve socks.  I've denounced terrorism ten times more than he has.  I'm the best.  I'm the best as you could get.

Heptone
Flap tone
Flap jack
Flap ass
Flap smack
Pencil head
Pencil neck
Swish puss
Sewer shute
Wobbly warhead
Fly bang bitch twit
Shopgirl
Shoogie shoogie
Boogie bomp boogie
Romp hound

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2070 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 5:17pm
Bug nuts
Bug biff
Biff bug
Flack seed
Pomegranate
Persimmon
Grit face
Grit nuts
Grit balls
Chisel swank
Swank ass
Swank nuts
Futon
Reese Cup
Twizzle dick

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2071 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 7:05pm
I wish I could find the article, but it said that Kim Jung Un is planning to blow up America and kill us all!  NOOO000ooo!  I don't want to die!  At least not now!
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2017 at 7:06pm by gorda »  

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #2072 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 9:30pm
gorda wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 7:05pm:
I wish I could find the article, but it said that Kim Jung Un is planning to blow up America and kill us all!  NOOO000ooo!  I don't want to die!  At least not now!

Are you from Guam?

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2073 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 3:05pm
Any of you guys going to any Freedom rallies this weekend?  I'll be perfectly honest with you and tell you that it's kind of suspect if you aren't.  We have a good time at those things, pound some brews, denounce people.  We get pretty liquored up, and denounce damn near anything and anybody.  Someone looks at me sideways, I'll fucking denounce them head to toe.  It's all about Freedom.  And Truth, and The Score.  And Don Trump, sent by J. Christ to save America from degeneracy.  Glory.  We revel in glory at Freedom rallies.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2074 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 10:00am
sirmoonie wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 3:05pm:
Any of you guys going to any Freedom rallies this weekend?  I'll be perfectly honest with you and tell you that it's kind of suspect if you aren't.  We have a good time at those things, pound some brews, denounce people.  We get pretty liquored up, and denounce damn near anything and anybody.  Someone looks at me sideways, I'll fucking denounce them head to toe.  It's all about Freedom.  And Truth, and The Score.  And Don Trump, sent by J. Christ to save America from degeneracy.  Glory.  We revel in glory at Freedom rallies.

<  ------------   Sir Moonie   ......  ?!   .....  !!!!!    :

http://www.omaha.com/opinion/james-reston-jr-the-war-that-never-ended/article_1a...

" James Reston Jr.: The war that never ended   "

" The writer, who served in the U.S. Army from 1965 to 1968, is a senior scholar at the Woodrow Wilson International Center. He wrote this for the Los Angeles Times. "

" There are two Vietnam wars, and the second is still going, 40 years after the first ended. The United States fought the first one from 1959 to 1975 in the jungles, villages and airspace of Indochina. The second is the war over how that war, the first lost war in America’s national history, is remembered.

This month, as Ken Burns’ 10-part Vietnam documentary is aired on PBS, the second conflict is sure to heat up again with renewed intensity.

The positions will be fiercely argued. What was the war good for? Absolutely nothing, as the 1970 song put it? Or was it a heroic cause?

The most important — and poignant — group who will offer answers to these questions is Vietnam veterans themselves. They see themselves reflected, against the roll of the dead, on the black granite walls of Maya Lin’s Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington or in the faces of Frederick Hart’s evocative sculpture of three soldiers nearby.

Many who served came home and got on with their lives, whatever the wounds and scars of war. A more visible subset of aging warriors sits astride motorcycles in Veterans Day parades or stands in the median strips of our streets holding cardboard placards. They live their lives as war survivors. They ponder what might have been.

Often, no matter how their lives have unfolded, Vietnam vets have a chip on their shoulder. They wish that their patriotism, their service, be better recognized: They stepped forward, regardless of the flawed rationale and conduct of the war, when hordes of other young men, especially the so-called best and brightest, avoided the unpleasantness altogether.

For those who avoided the draft and the danger, there is often a quiet guilt — I have witnessed it many times. They dodge the inevitable question: How did you manage to get out of it? Hasty marriage? Graduate school? A trick knee?

Of those who served, 2.1 million were deployed to Vietnam. More than 58,000 died, 300,000 were wounded and 245,000 have filed for injuries incurred by exposure to the defoliant weapon Agent Orange.

More than 50,000 draft-age men fled to Canada and Sweden. There are no statistics on those who suffer from permanent psychological wounds.

The men who actively protested against the war may feel best about themselves. They were engaged in the struggle of their generation, and they deserve the lion’s share of credit for stopping the war.

Their resistance, especially from 1967 to 1969, when U.S. casualties were the highest, forced the hand of America’s leaders. They have a better argument for serenity in their old age than those who merely avoided service and stood smugly on the sidelines.

Then there are the politicians. The rationale for American involvement — the phony Tonkin Gulf resolution and the discredited domino theory — forced the moral dilemma on the Vietnam generation.

It is with bitter irony that the Vietnam generation has witnessed the friendly visits of Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush (both of whom avoided fighting in the war) to Hanoi, or the jovial Oval Office interchange between President Donald Trump (deferred because of bone spurs) and Nguyen Xuan Phuc, the prime minister of our new ally and bulwark against China, the People’s Republic of Vietnam.

They must cope with the recent revelations that Richard Nixon scuttled a Lyndon Johnson peace deal during the 1968 election for political reasons, a deal that might have saved the 20,000 U.S. soldiers who died during Nixon’s subsequent six-year presidency.

Reconciliation after divisive wars, especially a lost war, is a tricky business. Those who served in Vietnam or resisted may never be considered members of a Greatest Generation, like World War II veterans. Nevertheless, their experiences are authentically American, deeply revealing of divisions and ideals that haunt us still.

In the early 1980s, the design for the now-celebrated Vietnam memorial wall — a site that has evolved into a place of contemplation for the pacifist as well as the warrior — attracted advocates and enemies who saw it as yet another opportunity to re-fight the war. An editorial in the Boston Globe summarized what would become a five-year art battle this way: “Commemorating the war in Vietnam is likely to prove no simpler than fighting it.”

The Burns documentary airs in a week. Get ready for another round.  "
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2017 at 10:01am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 275
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)