Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 276
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 894,456 times)
Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #1950 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 8:13am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Anyone notice how they neo-consevative pro white nationalist Trump supporter, has gone from there's no collusion to who cares if there's collusion. White people can riot in the streets again, and we have a false sense of security?
And this is justified, with simple things like what about Obama, Clinton.... The detachment and cruelty is so extreme, there's no rational argument. It's an all out war.
It took a white women dying at the hand of white supremacists in VA, for the silent bystanders of the white liberal couch sitters and republicans to speak up, finally. But falling short of blaming the white power supremacist dog whistle of the clearly racist history of Trump! I'm Including real conservatives, not fascists nationalists playing to a uninformed base. Everyone needs to fight this shit, now!
And don't get me started on the uber liberals. Punch a fucking Nazi, when threatened by a Nazi. How id this an argument, but it is, Fight back. Berkeley band Richard Spencer and Richard Dawkins, really? You're supposed to be offended, in case you've been avoiding it. Remember me, the asshole who ten years ago shot back hard and with responses that shocked so many people who wanted peace and harmony? Guess what, they don't. They want a nation of supremacy, they fear everything else. There's no room for you if you're LGBTQ.... brown, non extreme christian, atheist, liberal ect...

There's no intellectual debate with white supremacists. There's no debate with Trump supporters. They're just breaking a bunch of stuff that was shared for a common good because Thry're angry. Angry that whites aren't treated fairly. And the anger is ironically entrenched in this idea that there's a national history and heritage to persevere, by people who've voted for politicians who've defunded education. We didn't need to burn the books, they rewrote them in schools and made being smart a bad word.
Let's be clear on racism on systemic racism and America. The civil war wasn't fought to end white supremacy over the African slave in america. It was fought over which version of white supremacy would be the national direction and agenda (see genocide of first americans, natives). If you don't understand the path of this nation, it's because your education was defunded, you don't know what NATO, as an example, really does or why we didn't enter WWII until our white allies were threatened. Germany killing Jews and Eastern Europeans was accepted, and Jews were turned away from american shores and safety.
Until we reconcile and really stop overpricing, mass incarceration and allowing all religions to determine science and morality, we're going to be stuck in an endless game of punching ourselves in the face.
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2017 at 8:22am by Pdog »  

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1951 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 9:54am
Those are some good conflationaries, PoiDog.  What about Mormons?  They don't like black people, but they get a free pass because of their religious status.  If Charlottians just attributed their pro-Germany rallies to some of J. Christ's written scripturals, no one would be able to criticize them. Not even a Deacon or a Vicar!

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #1952 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 11:09am
Mormons? Daft as fuck mooniepizzle, and far from the point.

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #1953 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 4:32pm
Let it heel.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1954 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 4:37pm
Obama would have screwed up this eclipse issue, spazzing out, free eclipse glasses to all deadbeats, layabouts, and reprobates.  Trump has handled the eclipse like the consumate professional that he is.  Handled it with aplomb.  Handled it with more rhythm, grace and debonair than one man can have.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1955 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 4:51pm
Pdog wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 11:09am:
Mormons? Daft as fuck mooniepizzle, and far from the point.

No, you had many "points" in there, and one was a point about racism.  Mormonism is by definition (and previous admissions), a racist religion.  Yet one of their ilkhood almost became president 4 years ago.  I think I had more of a point than you did.

Jews hold Mormons in very low regard after the whole fiasco about posthumous baptizement of German genocide victims.  Jews and blacks can and should find some common ground on this growing Mormonism ideology threatening America.  Strange bedfellows and all that.

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #1956 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 4:57pm

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #1957 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 8:40am
If you want to include Mormons, just be sure to include their connection to fascism and the course of white supremacy in the USA.
Like my point on the civil war, it ended slavery and decided which course of white supremacy we would take.
A micro rage towards mormons leaves out 99% of the rest of the players, systemic problems and more importantly, offers no solution. I put the mormon religion in the same category as every religion. Which in regards to politics, they all need to STFU get taxed and stop dictating morals....

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1958 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 8:50am
Well said PDog.....I find it hilarious that every so called white supremist is anything but supreme. Pathetic losers really

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1959 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 9:56am
Where do you guys bump into all these white supremacists?  The only ones I've come in contact with in the last 40 years all live in trailers and deal meth.  At least in the U.S.   I'm sure it's different in Germany.  Talk about "micro rage."  There are ten million Mormons in the U.S., and I doubt there a half a million white supremacists/Klan/Nazis, and none of them are in Congress, lead a political party, run large corporation, etc.  Micro rage.  You guys are micro-brained.  Reading too much whacky blogs on the internets.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1960 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 11:48am
sirmoonie wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 9:56am:
Where do you guys bump into all these white supremacists?  The only ones I've come in contact with in the last 40 years all live in trailers and deal meth.  At least in the U.S.   I'm sure it's different in Germany.  Talk about "micro rage."  There are ten million Mormons in the U.S., and I doubt there a half a million white supremacists/Klan/Nazis, and none of them are in Congress, lead a political party, run large corporation, etc.  Micro rage.  You guys are micro-brained.  Reading too much whacky blogs on the internets.

One of these assholes is too many....they have enough to conduct marches and rallies and we know many hide behind their blogs or keep their associations secret. I hope you are correct that there are not many...but I fear that may not be the case

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1961 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 1:38pm
sirmoonie wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 9:54am:
Those are some good conflationaries, PoiDog.  What about Mormons?  They don't like black people, but they get a free pass because of their religious status.  If Charlottians just attributed their pro-Germany rallies to some of J. Christ's written scripturals, no one would be able to criticize them. Not even a Deacon or a Vicar!

<  ---------- Sir Moonie   ?!   ... !!!!!!   :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/after-the-bannon-presidency-1503096858

" After the Bannon Presidency  "

" Trump can’t govern with a Breitbart coalition. Does he see that?   "

By The Editorial Board

" The most important fact about Stephen Bannon’s resignation Friday from the White House staff is that he essentially fired himself. His departure gives President Trump a chance to revive his listing fortunes, if he draws the right lessons.

The triggering event for the dismissal was Mr. Bannon’s interview with the left-wing American Prospect in which he trashed his colleagues and undermined Mr. Trump’s policy toward North Korea. After that show of insubordination, either Mr. Bannon had to go or Mr. Trump might have lost his new chief of staff John Kelly, among others. Mr. Bannon has been telling people privately that he never expected to last even this long, so maybe he was trying to get fired to fulfill his prophesy.

Mr. Bannon will get historical credit for getting Mr. Trump elected, joining the campaign late with Kellyanne Conway and giving it more discipline and focus. At the White House, he was among the advocates for Mr. Trump’s two main achievements—deregulation and Neil Gorsuch’s elevation to the Supreme Court.

Yet by any measure the rest of the Bannon Presidency was a colossal failure. The former Breitbart publisher was a major source of White House dysfunction as he brought his brawling campaign style indoors. His Manichean, almost apocalyptic view of politics—us vs. them, patriots vs. “globalists,” America has only a short time to avoid self-destruction—might work in an election campaign. It isn’t suitable to building a coalition to govern.

Mr. Bannon presided over some of Mr. Trump’s biggest debacles, starting with the rushed and legally unvetted travel ban. That began his Presidency with a needlessly polarizing debate when the White House should have been reaching out to persuadable Democrats and wary Republicans, and it set up Mr. Trump for a legal and political defeat.

Mr. Bannon gets credit in some quarters for focusing on the white working class, but he did so in ways that too often trucked with a white version of identity politics. This has played out in destructive fashion since the Charlottesville riot as Mr. Trump catered too much to Mr. Bannon’s “base” and not to the larger duty of a President to provide unifying moral leadership. Mr. Trump was elected President of the country, not the Breitbart readership.

One irony of Mr. Bannon’s departure is that the same liberal press corps that portrayed him as Darth Sidious are now relishing the prospect that he’ll become an avenger outside the White House. Breitbart reported Friday that Mr. Bannon is returning to the website, presumably backed by Rebekah and Robert Mercer’s money, where he can assail White House aides Gary Cohn and H.R. McMaster, Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, and anyone else who favors U.S. global leadership. The press corps will silently cheer him on.

But what else is new? His allies have been doing the same for months while Mr. Bannon sat in the White House. It’s hard to see how he can do any more damage outside it, assuming that is his plan, and it may not be if he still wants Mr. Trump to succeed. One problem he’ll have on the outside is that millions of Trump supporters have now seen that the Bannon style of politics has failed.

Some conservative groups are lamenting his departure as a defeat for their policies in White House councils, but that is vastly overstated. There are many other conservatives remaining in the White House, including Vice President Mike Pence’s staff, Mr. Cohn’s policy team, chief economist Kevin Hassett, and Neomi Rao at the budget office, among others.

The anti-immigration, anti-trade right will also still be represented by Stephen Miller, the former Jeff Sessions aide. But Mr. Bannon’s departure reduces the chances of a catastrophic pseudo-populist economic mistake, like raising tax rates or igniting a global trade war.

The larger question is what Mr. Trump has learned from the failures of his first seven months. He seems to want less internal feuding, which is why he brought in Mr. Kelly, the former Marine general. But Mr. Trump often contributes to that feuding with his inability to stick to a decision, such as on troops in Afghanistan. Mr. Trump wants better communication, but his ill-considered tweets and unplanned riffs blow up any communication planning. He still traffics in false claims and divisive rhetoric—and that’s against his allies.

Senator Bob Corker (R., Tenn.) and Newt Gingrich have both warned Mr. Trump this week that he needs to be far more disciplined if he wants to have any chance of success. Mr. Trump should listen because he is in greater political peril than he understands. Mr. Bannon’s departure will help, but Mr. Trump will also have to heal himself.  "
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2017 at 1:55pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1962 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 2:44pm
gimmekeef wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 11:48am:

One of these assholes is too many....they have enough to conduct marches and rallies and we know many hide behind their blogs or keep their associations secret. I hope you are correct that there are not many...but I fear that may not be the case

Do you have facts and/or observations that support the fear?  Otherwise, your fear is really what's called a "phobia" which is a different thing entirely. The other possibility is that the fear is really attempted political leverage for your belief in a broader idea, usually a disparagement of an opposing idea - e.g., there was a small white supremacist rally in North Carolina, therefore most Trump supporters are racists.  That's an example of commonly applied logic in U.S. politics.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1963 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 3:08pm
A fat mom and her fat kids looked at me funny as I was coming out of the family restroom.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1964 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 3:21pm
Some Guy wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 3:08pm:
A fat mom and her fat kids looked at me funny as I was coming out of the family restroom.

They just need to pass that law in GA, then everything will be OK.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1965 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 3:22pm
sirmoonie wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 4:37pm:
Obama would have screwed up this eclipse issue, spazzing out, free eclipse glasses to all deadbeats, layabouts, and reprobates.  Trump has handled the eclipse like the consumate professional that he is.  Handled it with aplomb.  Handled it with more rhythm, grace and debonair than one man can have.

He should have worn protective glasses. Gotta lead by example.

https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/599b2f0b1f00003d001aa33a.jpeg?cache=nsqjnus
hg7&ops=scalefit_720_noupscale

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1966 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 3:40pm
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 3:21pm:
Some Guy wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 3:08pm:

They just need to pass that law in GA, then everything will be OK.

Nobody rules these streets at night like me, the atomic dump...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1967 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 4:09pm
sirmoonie wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 2:44pm:
gimmekeef wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 11:48am:

Do you have facts and/or observations that support the fear?  Otherwise, your fear is really what's called a "phobia" which is a different thing entirely. The other possibility is that the fear is really attempted political leverage for your belief in a broader idea, usually a disparagement of an opposing idea - e.g., there was a small white supremacist rally in North Carolina, therefore most Trump supporters are racists.  That's an example of commonly applied logic in U.S. politics.

No....I don't make those kind of judgements. For most racists I'm sure Trump is the only option they have right now in their minds. Unfortunately Trump's continual lack of how to bring the country even an inch closer together is making it appear to some that he is racist. There is also the group of folks that feel political correctness has gone to the extreme and there is no common sense being used. Some call them racist even though their opinion may not be based on race at all.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1968 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 4:33pm
gimmekeef wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 4:09pm:
There is also the group of folks that feel political correctness has gone to the extreme and there is no common sense being used. Some call them racist even though their opinion may not be based on race at all.

Smiley

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1969 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 9:00pm

<  --------------   Great Speech Tonight !!!!!!!     ............   ODE To President Donald J. Trump  (  ' Dear Leader !  '  )     !!!!!    :

« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2017 at 8:28am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1970 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 9:05pm
MrPleasant wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 4:32pm:
Let it heel.

« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2017 at 8:29am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1971 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 9:09pm
Some Guy wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 3:18pm:
I enjoy the privacy the family restroom offers me.

<  ---- Edith  .... ?!  ... !!!!!!     :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/playing-chicken-with-china-1503258727?mod=e2two

" Playing Chicken With China "

" Trump’s North Korea brinkmanship might seem scary, but it’s not that unusual.   "

By Graham T. Allison

" President Trump appears desperate, erratic and even irrational as he struggles to stop North Korea from developing nuclear weapons capable of reaching the U.S. mainland. If the president is to be believed, he stands ready to run any risk, pay any price and do whatever necessary to keep the U.S. safe. This includes launching a pre-emptive attack that risks dragging America and China into a second Korean War. To understand the method in what looks like madness, recall the Cold War strategy known as “nuclear chicken.”

A game played by thrill-seeking teenagers in the 1950s captures the strategy’s essence. A pair of daredevils would each put the left wheel of his car on the centerline of the road. From opposite directions, they then drove toward each other at full speed. The one who swerved first was the chicken; the other got the girl—at least in the movies. If neither swerved, the cars collided and both drivers died.

In the current version of this contest, North Korea’s Kim Jong Un has straddled the centerline and is driving straight at Mr. Trump. The president responded by revving up America’s military machine. He is now heading toward a collision with his North Korean counterpart. This has led many to call Mr. Trump irresponsible, but a version of his strategy successfully deterred the Soviet Union during the Cold War.

When Moscow was thought to have 100 divisions of troops poised to invade and capture Europe, the U.S. threatened to respond with tactical nuclear weapons against any invading Soviet tanks. American leaders made the warning knowing that the Soviet Union would likely respond in kind, and that the war could rapidly escalate to strategic nuclear weapons destroying American cities.

In 1962 the U.S. discovered that the Soviets had brought nuclear-tipped missiles to Cuba, sparking the Cuban Missile Crisis. How did President John F. Kennedy convince Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev to withdraw the missiles? He threatened to order airstrikes to destroy them, even though the president and his advisers knew this threat increased the chance of nuclear war. As Kennedy told his brother Robert at the height of the crisis, he believed the chances of nuclear war were “between 1 in 3 and even.”

President Richard Nixon described his version of this brinkmanship as a “madman theory.” As his secretary of state, Henry Kissinger, explained in 1972 to counterparts at the Defense Department, the president’s goal was to “push so many chips into the pot” that the other side would think he might be “crazy.” Nixon’s chief of staff, H.R. Haldeman, recalled in his diary that Nixon said: “I want the North Vietnamese to believe that I’ve reached the point where I might do anything to stop the war.” For Nixon, the key to this “madness” was not unpredictability, but convincing his adversaries that he was predictably willing to take greater risks than they were.

If Kim Jong Un is driving North Korea’s hot rod toward Mr. Trump, why have the president and his national-security team chosen to play chicken with China’s Xi Jinping ? Because they recognize that the Chinese are stuck in the back seat of Mr. Kim’s car. If Mr. Xi wants to, he can take the wheel from the reckless young leader.

The Trump team knows that successive American presidents have confronted North Korea—and blinked. From President Clinton’s threat to attack North Korea over its development of nuclear weapons in 1994 to President Obama’s demands that the country give up its nuclear arsenal, Republican and Democratic administrations have discovered that attempting to appear crazier than a North Korean leader is hard work.

China provides 90% of the oil that North Korea’s military and factories depend on, as well as the fuel that allows members of the regime to visit their vacation homes. In 2003, when China interrupted the flow of oil for less than 72 hours, the late Kim Jong Il immediately snapped to attention.

Between now and November, when Mr. Xi is scheduled to win his second five-year term in office, China’s overriding objective is not to rock the boat. A conflict on the Korean Peninsula that leads to hundreds of thousands of refugees flooding into China—or worse, war with the U.S.—would threaten not only China’s national security but also Mr. Xi’s dominance of the Chinese political system.

To persuade China to squeeze North Korea’s oil lifeline, Mr. Trump must convince Beijing that he’s willing to order the unthinkable. Will he actually bomb North Korean missile sites and risk restarting the Korean War? No one, perhaps not even the president, can be sure. But unless Mr. Xi concludes the odds of such an outcome are too high for him to ignore, he is unlikely to rein in his North Korean ally.   "
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2017 at 8:34am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1972 - Aug 22nd, 2017 at 6:02am
Joey wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 9:00pm:
<  --------------   Great Speech Tonight !!!!!!!     ............   ODE To Dear Leader    !!!!!    :

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1973 - Aug 22nd, 2017 at 3:06pm
You can lead an asshat to water...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #1974 - Aug 22nd, 2017 at 3:08pm
It's not just how many, it's how long they've had power, how much power they have, how many blindly ignore this and say there's no white privilege.
slavery and the 13th amendment alone are argument enough of what white supremacy looks like in the USA...  We'll deal with mormons later, fascists and people who actually call for murder, segregation, violence and feel certain races are subhuman are taking priority.

Moon, please hold,  your call is important, we will answer your call when someone is available.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 276
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)