Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 275
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 890,608 times)
Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #125 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 2:04pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Some dude tweeted "Trump is the Kanye West of white people." I just sat there for a minute going, "Yeah... yeah... exactly!"

And that concludes Freya Gin's thoughts on politics for today.

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #126 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 4:31pm
Donald! Whaddya gonna do?!

Man is trying to scale Trump Tower in NYC using suction cups

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/08/trump_tower_climber.html#incart_r...

First image from the scene:

« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2016 at 4:35pm by Edith Grove »  

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #127 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 5:32am

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #128 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 8:47am

<   ------------ Some Guy    .... ?! ... !!!!! :

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-clinton-default-mistake-1470869369

" The Clinton Default Mistake "

" Her presidency will use the federal enforcement agencies to entrench political correctness.   "

By DANIEL HENNINGER

" The decision to default one’s vote to Hillary Clinton comes in many forms. She is the lesser of two evils. She is the devil we know.

By all accounts, hell is still hell. Before volunteering to spend four years in it, voters about to commit the sin of despair might consider the consequences of a default vote.

The greatest is the economy. Mrs. Clinton will contribute nothing to lift the flatlined aspirations of the eight Obama years.

There is also the matter of Clinton mores, revealed again Monday in a Washington Post story about the way former Sen. Clinton dealt with the economic plight of upstate New Yorkers. Most relevant was the account of Sen. Clinton pushing federal money to the Corning company on behalf of its emissions-reduction technology:

“Corning’s chief executive co-hosted a 2015 fundraiser for her. The company paid her $225,500 in 2014 to speak to Corning executives. Corning also has given more than $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation, its records show.”

Also worth reading are details of the $315,000 eBay gave her for a 20-minute speech last year, but we digress. Our subject is what surely will be the decline and final fall of the American higher-education system under a President Clinton.

The onslaught of political correctness that overwhelmed American campuses the past year may not come up in the presidential debates. But for many voters the campus pillaging of free speech symbolizes a country off the rails.

The New York Times recently ran a piece describing how colleges and universities are experiencing a pull back in alumni giving because of the PC madness. Donations at Amherst fell 6.5% in the last fiscal year. A small-college fundraising organization named Staff reports that giving in fiscal 2016 is down 29% from the year before.

Enraged alumni vent frustration throughout the piece, but one in particular asks, “Where did this super-correctness come from?” There is an answer to that question.

A Clinton victory will empower, for a very long time, the forces now putting at risk one of the country’s incomparable strengths, its system of higher education.

What happened can be explained in one word: diversity.

This is an idea that degraded into a set of destructive obsessions. Those obsessions then became official, destructive federal policy.

At its inception a few decades back, “diversity” described American social structures absorbing new immigrants, alongside blacks and women via affirmative-action commitments. Yes, the immigrant influx is part of the presidential debate, but it is not the subject of this column. Only one political mess a week.

When the schools’ presidents began to create offices of diversity affairs, alumni and trustees waved them in as the right thing to do. Bureaucratize an idea, though, and what do you get? More of it than any normal person could want. It is not an overstatement to say that diversity offices are now running American higher education.

Higher-ed’s trade newspaper, the Chronicle of Higher Education, publishes a yearly supplement called “Diversity in Academe.” Its May cover story was “Who Sets a College’s Diversity Agenda?” The most telling piece inside was: “Auditing Diversity: An interest in assessments is rising as officials strive to show they are committed.”

The National Center for Education Statistics reports the U.S. has more than 7,000 postsecondary Title IV institutions serving some 21 million students. All university administrators know their next job depends on showing evidence of achieving diversity metrics. So they push them, relentlessly. In 20 years, diversity went from an idea to an industry.

Enter the Obama presidency and the cultural left on steroids. In 2011 the Obama Department of Education sent a “Dear Colleague” letter to all higher-ed schools, providing “guidance” on creating sexual-abuse surveillance systems. This is the letter that shut down traditional due process for college students.

For the presidents of these institutions, the “guidance” notice had one key passage. It said that “if a recipient does not come into compliance,” the federal government may “withdraw federal funding.”

Readers of this newspaper do not need more dots connected to understand why nominally sensible college presidents are rolling over like trained puppies to the PC mobs. Resist and Washington will terminate their federal cash flow. None will. All comply. That is raw power.

A President Clinton won’t rein in any of this. Accommodating the ascendant anti-intellectual left across America’s campuses is easy, because the institutions’ own leadership—presidents and trustees—don’t care. So why should she?

In fact, using the full “guidance” powers of the federal enforcement agencies inside Justice, Education, Labor and the EPA against the states and private institutions will be a primary and unaccountable weapon of the Clinton presidency.

This administrative federal power is virtually beyond the reach of Congress. The idea that a President Cruz or Kasich will “roll it all back” in 2020 after 12 years of the federal cement drying is just not serious.

The Nov. 8 vote is the last hurdle of accountability for Hillary Clinton. The price of the Clinton default option looks much too high.  "

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #129 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 10:47am
Ok I've waited long enough.....someone please tell me these are the only 2 fuckwads going to be on the ballot? Just trying to live the American Scheme

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #130 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 11:21am
gimmekeef wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 10:47am:
Ok I've waited long enough.....someone please tell me these are the only 2 fuckwads going to be on the ballot? Just trying to live the American Scheme

gimmekeef  ............

It is 1980 all over again   :

" The election will be a Trump Landslide  , Ronnie Cakes !!!!! "
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2016 at 2:17pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #131 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 11:23am

" Eight consecutive years of zero to two percent growth is absolutely killing the American Public  , Ronnie !!!!  "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJacky ®

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #132 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 11:43am

"  .................. {   " THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING !!!!!  "   ..........    " THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING !!!!!!  "     }   ................ "   

« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2016 at 12:49pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #133 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 12:27pm
Joey wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 11:23am:

" Eight consecutive years of zero to two percent growth is absolutely killing the American Public  , Ronnie !!!!  "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJacky ®

Bedtime for Bozos

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #134 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 1:19pm
gimmekeef wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 12:27pm:
Bedtime for Bozos

Rim

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #135 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 2:20pm
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 4:31pm:
Donald! Whaddya gonna do?!

Man is trying to scale Trump Tower in NYC using suction cups

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/08/trump_tower_climber.html#incart_r...

First image from the scene:

HE didn't even need suction cups. Nothing sucks quite like Trump.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #136 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 2:39pm
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 5:32am:

Can't we just surrender to Canada or something instead?

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #137 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 3:51pm
joey?

« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2016 at 6:29pm by mojoman »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #138 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 8:37am

FUNNY !!!!! Smiley

Now that is Great Postin'  .............!!!!!   :

Edith Grove wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 5:32am:

« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2016 at 8:40am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #139 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 9:59am

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #140 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 10:18am
I miss Riffhard.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #141 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 1:55pm
MrPleasant wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 10:18am:
I miss Riffhard.

Telling us how we've got Trump all wrong......but he was always fun too!..where's Nellie too?

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #142 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 3:01pm
I miss Riffhard.

Aim better!

Ouch! you made a grown man cry

I'm only joking. I learned it from Trump. In all seriousness though, Riffy is gonna shit a brick when Hilldawg moves back into the White House. Maybe riffy can move into glencars spare room in Canada.
Waka Jawaka

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #143 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 8:53am
leonid wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 3:01pm:
I miss Riffhard.

Aim better!

Ouch! you made a grown man cry

I'm only joking. I learned it from Trump. In all seriousness though, Riffy is gonna shit a brick when Hilldawg moves back into the White House. Maybe riffy can move into glencars spare room in Canada.
Waka Jawaka

MVP posting.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #144 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 9:38am
Be advised I recommended deletion days ago.

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #145 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 5:21am
First Philanderer of the United States (FPOTUS); or

Philanderer in Chief
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2016 at 8:57am by Factory Girl »  

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #146 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 8:14am
I never send chain letters, but this one works.

You will be offered sex by simply passing it on!

It's incredible!

Send 'I LOVE HILLARY' to ten friends.

At least 9 will reply telling you to go f*ck yourself.

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #147 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 12:31pm
Trump needs to get on the fucking message, and he needs to do it yesterday. 

Otherwise, he'll lose to the Obama wanna be.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #148 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 12:47pm
Factory Girl wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 12:31pm:
Trump needs to get on the fucking message, and he needs to do it yesterday. 

Otherwise, he'll lose to the Obama wanna be.

Stay Strong !!!!!     ...... " The Russians are Coming !!!!!!   "  :

... !!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #149 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 1:30pm
gorda wrote on Aug 4th, 2016 at 1:02pm:

How dare that Anjelica Huston break my Micky's heart!  So, so sad!

I'm sure he recovered. It's not like he never broke a woman's heart. On the other hand, his undying love for Morticia Addams might explain his fascination with dark-haired women. Or maybe it started with Angelina?

Amusingly enough (though mostly unrelated), I just saw at IORR an old newspaper clipping that said Bianca "soaked Mick." My immediate reaction was, "Well, yeah, given how he slept around, she probably felt that she was due a pimp's fee." So just think of it this way, Mick: at least you were an expensive whore. Tongue
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2016 at 1:51pm by Freya Gin »  

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 275
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)