Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 276
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 894,662 times)
Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #1175 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 1:06pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
This thread sux.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1176 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 1:26pm
Some Guy wrote on Apr 5th, 2017 at 1:06pm:
This thread sux.

You can do better than that.  piss off

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1177 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 1:32pm
Edith Grove wrote on Apr 5th, 2017 at 1:26pm:
This thread sux.

This thread sux.

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #1178 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 6:38pm

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1179 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 6:55pm

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #1180 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 7:08pm
Dy-no-mite!

Go Jimmy Go...Jimmy Be Good

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1181 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 8:57pm

<  ------------- Some Guy   .... ?!   .... !!!!!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-trump-tweets-1491434092

" The Trump Tweets   "

" Twitter helped Trump win the White House. Now it may cause him to lose it.  "

By DANIEL HENNINGER

" Asked during an interview with the Financial Times whether he regretted any of his tweets, President Trump said, “I don’t regret anything.” He said Twitter is part of the reason he made it to the White House and on balance the tweeting is worth it: “You know if you issue hundreds of tweets, and every once in a while you have a clinker, that’s not so bad.”

Mr. Trump’s deputy press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, complained on “Fox News Sunday” that the media’s coverage doesn’t reflect the reality of the new presidency: “The media constantly wants to talk about something that doesn’t exist instead of something that does.” She said, “We’ve spent the last couple of months doing major policy initiatives and rollouts in the forms of executive orders, rolling back regulations, creating an environment where businesses are confident in hiring again.”

All of this is true, not least Mr. Trump’s belief that Twitter helped him into the Oval Office. Back then, Mr. Trump’s tweets drew free-media attention to himself and his shoestring campaign. The tweets destabilized his opponents, notably Hillary Clinton, who over-focused on him at the expense of her own message. The tweets rallied the Trump base and held it together when he had virtually no ground game. In the campaign, the tweets produced a positive outcome.

In his presidency, though, Mr. Trump’s tweets are producing the opposite result. They have become presidential speed bumps.

This time, the tweets are drawing attention to himself as a president in permanent tension with two major American institutions: the U.S. press and the intelligence community. His furious, highly charged tweets about them produced a reaction. Both institutions are now in active opposition to his presidency, especially the media.

The ancient advice, “don’t pick fights with people who buy ink by the barrel,” is still true. The media—print, television, the web—buy time with the public by the petabyte. Every Trump tweet produces media pushback as negative coverage or snark at an overwhelmingly anti-Trump ratio.

Tweeting “Sleepy Eyes Chuck Todd” incentivizes every decision-maker at NBC to put anti-Trump reporting at the top of its hourly-news budget across the network. Where is the upside?

Mr. Trump has many sympathizers in his fight with the media. But for every president back to Lyndon Johnson, this is like waging battle with the tides. Repetitive negative publicity on this scale will suppress the Trump message and agenda.

Mr. Trump has a point about the media’s microscopic coverage of the Russia collusion story and its disinterest in the Obama White House’s abuses of U.S. intelligence. But the intensity of his tweets against the failing New York Times , the dishonest Washington Post and CNN’s fake news is mainly increasing audience size and political market share for the media’s version of these events.

The campaign tweeting destabilized Mr. Trump’s Republican primary opponents. The presidential tweeting is destabilizing people who are on his side—in Congress, in the government and in the military.

The Trump “change” presidency, running hard on multiple fronts, was inevitably going to produce a big Beltway counteroffensive. The tweets disrupt the momentum of the people who are executing his plans and his legislative agenda.

The Trump White House doesn’t put much stock in the Gallup poll’s daily tracking of the president’s approval rating, but its fall below 40% is almost entirely the result of public anxiety driven by negative static.

As former presidents know, falling steadily downward in public approval causes some House members and senators to distance themselves from the White House. With so many hard votes coming up, that small distance could determine whether he wins or loses.

After the election, the Democrats were confused and on defense. The political storms erupting after Mr. Trump’s tweet storms have energized the defeated Democrats, whose candidates are raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for 2018 from small donors on the internet.

During the primaries, the Trump base emerged as a solid 30%. It will never abandon him. But as president, the arena of battle—on taxes, spending and infrastructure—has moved unavoidably to Washington, where the Trump base is a less potent factor.

Mr. Trump is right. Twitter helped him win the presidency. But the net-negative effects of the president’s tweets are eroding his chances for success in Washington, where every victory is won at the margin.

The president should step back from tweeting and assemble a professional, Trumpian team to handle his public relations. If his presidency fails, historians of the Trump presidency will record that Twitter raised him up, and Twitter brought him down.

Correction: Last week’s column stated that Republican Rep. John Faso of New York signaled his intention to vote against the Trump health-care reform bill. The good news is that Mr. Faso, who defeated progressive Zephyr Teachout in 2016, stood his ground and publicly supported the bill.  "
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2017 at 8:09am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #1182 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 9:23pm
The only good thing in this thread is that the more I read about politics and politicians the more I love the rolling stones

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #1183 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 9:23pm
...and that does not happen on Joey's

Waka Jawaka

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1184 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 5:48am
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Apr 5th, 2017 at 9:23pm:
The only good thing in this thread is that the more I read about politics and politicians the more I love the rolling stones

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #1185 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 10:06am
joey?

« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2017 at 10:09am by mojoman »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1186 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 11:38am
mojoman wrote on Apr 6th, 2017 at 10:06am:
joey?

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1187 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 11:40am

<  ----- we are going ' nuclear ' everyone .   

" This one is not over yet , Ronnie Cakes ! ™   "

LBJosey Joekins ™® ©

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1188 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 9:36pm
Edith Grove wrote on Apr 5th, 2017 at 1:26pm:
This thread sux.

" I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!    Smiley   "

« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2017 at 8:18am by Joey »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #1189 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 9:50pm
Joey wrote on Apr 6th, 2017 at 11:40am:
<  ----- we are going ' nuclear ' everyone .   

" This one is not over yet , Ronnie Cakes ! ™   "

LBJosey Joekins ™® ©

I wish someone would nuke this thread.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1190 - Apr 7th, 2017 at 6:19am
moonie is not lurking he's stalking.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1191 - Apr 7th, 2017 at 6:24am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Apr 6th, 2017 at 9:50pm:

The key is to not take stuff so personally.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1192 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 2:21pm
"NOW THAT OBAMA'S POLL NUMBERS ARE IN A TAILSPIN - WATCH FOR HIM TO LAUNCH A STRIKE IN LIBYA OR IRAN. HE IS DESPERATE". Donald J Trump tweet on 10/9/12 at 2:39pm.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1193 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 11:32am
     " After June 22 , 1941 , when Hitler's divisions rolled into the Soviet Union , the narrative of Stalinist repression instantly became inconvenient , out of date , not relevant to the struggle against Nazi tyranny . It was a story left on the shelf for what was called  '  the duration  . '  Cultural relativism took root . If Stalin had been a tyrant , he now had to be seen as a peculiarly Russian type of tyrant , benign in his aims , though brutal in his methods ; a latter - day Peter the Great , who had ruled his vast , tumultuous domain the only way it could be ruled , with an iron hand . Stalin's ways might have been harsh , but he had accomplished a great deal  ,  and now  ,  when his troops were doing most of the fighting and dying , he had to be recognized as the main bulwark standing in the way of fascism . So such thinking went . No matter that he had entered into a nonaggression pact and secret protocols with Hitler in August 1939 . What choice had he , apologists reasoned , after the British and the French had bowed at Munich to Hitler's threats ? A beleaguered Lenin had similarly struck a deal with Imperial Germany in 1917 . That Soviet troops , after the pact with Hitler , had entered Poland from the east while Germans invaded from the west was , by such reckonings , already ancient history in 1941 , two years later . At the time of the pact , however , Roosevelt evidently read its meaning clearly and coolly . ' The attack on Poland by Russia has depressed F.D.R. , '  Eleanor wrote to a friend , adding ,  ' Stalin and Hitler are much alike  , aren't they  ?  ' "
     " When the fuhrer had betrayed Stalin , our enemy's enemy became our friend . There appears to be no evidence in the State Department archives , the National Archive , or the Roosevelt papers at Hyde Park that the president ever sought  ,  or was presented with  ,  a summary of Stalin's record or an analysis of his personalty . 
Characteristically , he gathered his impressions from people who'd had firsthand encounters with the Soviet premier . These included the fellow traveling journalist Anna Louise Strong , whom Eleanor brought to lunch to talk about the Moscow purge trials ; Anthony Eden , the British foreign secretary ; Roosevelt's own emissaries to Moscow in the 1930's , William C. Bullitt and Joe Davies ; and , during the war , Hopkins and Harriman . Of these , it was Hopkins who knew the president best and gave him what he most wanted : a clear impression of what it would be like to deal directly with the dictator . This came in long , richly descriptive dispatches for the president's eyes only , following six hours of one - on - one talk at the Kremlin a little more than a month after the launch of Operation Barbarossa , as the German invasion was called . The United States would not go to war for another four months . "        

« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2017 at 12:10pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1194 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 12:16pm
Some Guy wrote on Apr 7th, 2017 at 6:19am:

<   ----- Some Guy  ............. ?!  ..... !!!!!!  :

http://www.tv.com/shows/morning-joe/reviews/

" Enough !!
By houstontx, Mar 11, 2017
Like many of the other reviewers, I've watched Morning Joe for years. However, I'm also about to become a DROP-OUT. I'm beyond weary of the constant menu of venomous Trump-bashing; this morning I lost count of the times Trump was called a LIAR. Mica ( ' sic ' ) , with not only her over-the-top rants, but also her childish facial poses, has become beyond insufferable. And Joe, when he's not reminiscing about his glorious Congressional days (beyond boring), has joined in the hateful chorus. If the show is not an official arm of the DNC, it should be. They and most of their panel remind me every day why President Donald Trump is occupying the White House. Aside from Mark Halperin (who, I've noticed, often sits with eyes lowered - making me muse about what he's really thinking - and, when speaking, offers cogent commentary), the panelists maintain a myopic focus on Trump-bashing. In so doing, they not only reveal their lack of understanding of much of America .but also remove any glimmer of journalistic integrity. Enough. I can surely find more intelligent morning material.  "

« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2017 at 12:20pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1195 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 1:22pm
Joey wrote on Apr 9th, 2017 at 12:16pm:
Some Guy wrote on Apr 7th, 2017 at 6:19am:

<   ----- Some Guy  ............. ?!  ..... !!!!!!  :

http://www.tv.com/shows/morning-joe/reviews/

" Enough !!
By houstontx, Mar 11, 2017
Like many of the other reviewers, I've watched Morning Joe for years. However, I'm also about to become a DROP-OUT. I'm beyond weary of the constant menu of venomous Trump-bashing; this morning I lost count of the times Trump was called a LIAR. Mica ( ' sic ' ) , with not only her over-the-top rants, but also her childish facial poses, has become beyond insufferable. And Joe, when he's not reminiscing about his glorious Congressional days (beyond boring), has joined in the hateful chorus. If the show is not an official arm of the DNC, it should be. They and most of their panel remind me every day why President Donald Trump is occupying the White House. Aside from Mark Halperin (who, I've noticed, often sits with eyes lowered - making me muse about what he's really thinking - and, when speaking, offers cogent commentary), the panelists maintain a myopic focus on Trump-bashing. In so doing, they not only reveal their lack of understanding of much of America .but also remove any glimmer of journalistic integrity. Enough. I can surely find more intelligent morning material.  "

all these political "opinion" shows are bullshit....same old biased crap from the left and right.... Don't like Morning Joe?.....flip to Fox and Friends for their version of things. A complete gaggle of assholes

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #1196 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 8:48pm
Edith Grove wrote on Apr 7th, 2017 at 6:24am:
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Apr 6th, 2017 at 9:50pm:

The key is to not take stuff so personally.

Yes, I take it personally. When the President of the  United States gets elected being a bigoted, racist, homophobic, misogynist, hate filled, lying, crook, criminal. Who is  quickly destroying this country and leading the world to the  eve of destruction.............................................Then I take it personally.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1197 - Apr 10th, 2017 at 9:28am
"  ............. all these political "opinion" shows are bullshit....same old biased crap from the left and right.... Don't like Morning Joe?.....flip to Fox and Friends for their version of things. A complete gaggle of assholes    "

Actually , I used to really enjoy Morning Joe  .  It was once a Great Program . Now all they do over there is whine about President Trump  .  Joe Scarborough is highly intelligent but has become so  " Whipped "  that he lets Mika drone on and on Ad nauseam and does absolutely nothing to stop her incessant mewling  .  What  .. ?!   ..... Oh , sure :

" mewl
myo͞ol/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: mewling
(especially of a baby) cry feebly or querulously; whimper.
"dozens of mewling babies"
synonyms:      whimper, cry, whine; literarypule
"the baby fretted and mewled"
(of a cat or bird) mew.
"the mewling cry of a hawk"
( what Mika emits on Morning Joe ) mewl .
" an incorrigible and inveterate yip , yap , yipping and whining about every single friggin thing President Trump Tweets whilst the audience is desperately trying to crap up without her shrill shrieking fraudulent wail causing an intestinal bowel obstruction  .  WHY ?!   ..    ' Nasty Woman !  '   "

" Paging Nicole Wallace , Ronnie ! "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJacky ™   
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2017 at 4:00pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1198 - Apr 10th, 2017 at 6:11pm
Edith is sticking and weaving while this administration is kneeling and bobbing.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1199 - Apr 10th, 2017 at 7:49pm
Some Guy wrote on Apr 10th, 2017 at 6:11pm:
Edith is sticking and weaving while this administration is kneeling and bobbing.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 276
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)