Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 275
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 890,711 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #1100 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 3:46pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Some Guy wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 3:01pm:
Edith what were you doing today while Trump was fucking up?

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/842775869823377409

I was working........and still am, Making America Great Again!  Smiley

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #1101 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:09am
Today is Friday, and the Catholic tradition is that you are not supposed to eat meat on Fridays during Lent.  I forgot and went to a buffet restaurant with my boyfriend.  I did have salmon and shrimp.  But, then I also had some roast beef afterwards.

It's been a long, long time since I have felt hunger.  I don't even remember exactly what it feels like.  So, how can I feel for my fellow man who is down and out on his luck?

Maybe tomorrow, I will fast and offer it up to God and the universe as a sacrifice, that things will get better.  That somehow in this cold, cruel evil world, love and kindness will prevail.  Peace!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1102 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 5:55am
gorda wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:09am:
Today is Friday, and the Catholic tradition is that you are not supposed to eat meat on Fridays during Lent.  I forgot and went to a buffet restaurant with my boyfriend.  I did have salmon and shrimp.  But, then I also had some roast beef afterwards.

No worries, Gorda. This Friday was officially an exception:

http://www.nola.com/religion/index.ssf/2017/03/local_catholics_can_eat_meat_t.ht...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1103 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 6:42am
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 3:46pm:

How long can Edith defend this administration? What's the over/under?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1104 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:57am
gorda wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:09am:

It's been a long, long time since I have felt hunger.  I don't even remember exactly what it feels like.  So, how can I feel for my fellow man who is down and out on his luck?

Maybe tomorrow, I will fast and offer it up to God and the universe as a sacrifice, that things will get better.  That somehow in this cold, cruel evil world, love and kindness will prevail.  Peace!

Oh  , they just got better alright !!!!!!!    ... Thanks to leonid  :

leonid wrote on Mar 14th, 2017 at 5:15am:

Bernie Leadon  = The MaxLugar
Glenn Frey  = Josh (JB)
Don Henley  = The Joey
Randy Meisner = Bucky
Don Felder  = Fijikins

FUNNY !!!! Smiley   
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2017 at 11:31am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1105 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:19pm
Meals on Wheels!  CUT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WAy0YbHNYU

Head Start Preschool Program!  CUT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyX2Md0sRAI

Planned Parenthood Medical Health Program!  CUT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEFQEinyK4o

Mo' Money!  Mo' Money!  Yay!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv_kfNYMQjI

In case you are wondering, I can't fast all day, so I'm going to pray and break my fast right now!  I'm sooo hungry!
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2017 at 1:14pm by gorda »  

IP Logged

FPM
Rocks Off Regular

Right here in the USA
Reply #1106 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 11:04pm

...&&&&
IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #1107 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 1:27am
So Gorsich's nomination is in peril, not from the left, but from the right. Why?

You guessed it: he isn't Jesusey enough.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/18/politics/neil-gorsuch-religion/index.html

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1108 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:10am
Some Guy wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 6:42am:
How long can Edith defend this administration? What's the over/under?

Some Guy ?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1109 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 8:47pm

<  -------------- Our Hero    :      THE PRESIDENT !!!!!!!!  :

« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:24am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1110 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:17pm
Bitch wrote on Mar 15th, 2017 at 8:53pm:
That is funny EG!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1111 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:24pm

<  ------- Hi Edith !!!!!!   :

... !!!!

« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:42am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1112 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 9:32pm

<  ---------- Some Guy    .... ?!   .... !!!!!!!!!   :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/other-peoples-babies-1490050955

" ‘Other People’s Babies’  "

" If the U.S. slipped into demographic decline like Japan, it would tear itself apart. "

By BRET STEPHENS

" Japan is an excellent place to test the proposition that countries do better with low levels of immigration. In a land of 127 million people, there are just over two million foreign residents, and only a third of them are here for the long term. The number of illegal immigrants, which peaked at a modest 300,000 in the early 1990s, is down by 80%.

As for refugees, in 2016, Tokyo entertained 10,000 requests for asylum. It accepted a grand total of 28. Steve Bannon would smile.

The result, say immigration restrictionists, is plain to see. Japan’s crime and drug-use rates are famously low. Life expectancy is famously high. Japanese students put their American peers to shame on international tests. The unemployment rate clocks in at 3.1%. All this is supposed to be a function of a homogenous society with a high degree of cultural cohesion—the antithesis of cacophonous, multiethnic America.

Just one problem: The Japanese have lost their appetite for reproduction. To steal a line from Steve King, the GOP congressman from Iowa, the only way they can save their civilization is with “somebody else’s babies.”

Japan’s population shrank by nearly a million between 2010 and 2015, the first absolute decline since census-taking began in the 1920s. On current trend the population will fall to 97 million by the middle of the century. Barely 10% of Japanese will be children. The rest of the population will divide almost evenly between working-age adults and the elderly.

Imagine yourself as a 35-year-old Japanese salary man. You can expect that an ever-larger share of your paycheck will go to the government to fund the pensions and health care of your parents—who, at 70, can reasonably expect to live another 10 or 15 years, and who aren’t likely to vote for politicians promising to strip their entitlements.

Being Japanese, you were raised to make financial sacrifices for your elders, even if it means not having children of your own. Besides, it’s hard to want children with the economy in such bad shape. As Morgan Stanley’s Ruchir Sharma has noted, lousy demographics mean a lousy economy: The average rate of GDP growth in countries with shrinking working-age populations is only 1.5%. In 2016, Japan’s growth rate was 1%—and that was a relatively good year by recent standards.

What if the government paid you to have babies? Alas, along with millions of your countrymen, you suffer from what the Japanese call “celibacy syndrome” and aren’t interested in sex, never mind procreation. You’re also unhappy: In 2016, Japan ranked 53rd on the U.N.’s World Happiness Report, a notch above Kazakhstan but below El Salvador and Uzbekistan.

So Japan is in trouble, and the government knows it. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has tinkered with formulas to bring in lower-skilled temporary workers for housecleaning and farm jobs, and he has promoted various tax breaks and subsidies to ease the burden of raising children and caring for aging parents.

But whatever their other benefits, “pro-family” policies won’t reverse the demographic trend. Only large-scale immigration can do that, and the Japanese won’t countenance it. The flip side of cohesion is exclusion. The consequence of exclusion is decline.

Which brings us back to Mr. King and the U.S. immigration debates. A decade ago, America’s fertility rate, at 2.12 children for every woman, was just above the replacement rate. That meant there could be modest population growth without immigration. But the fertility rate has since fallen: It’s now below replacement and at an all-time low.

Without immigration, our demographic destiny would become Japanese. But our culture wouldn’t, leaving us with the worst of both worlds: economic stagnation without social stability. Multiethnic America would tear itself to pieces fighting over redistribution rights to the shrinking national pie.

This doesn’t have to be our fate. Though it may be news to Mr. King, immigrants aren’t a threat to American civilization. They are our civilization—bearers of a forward-looking notion of identity based on what people wish to become, not who they once were. Among those immigrants are 30% of all American Nobel Prize winners and the founders of 90 of our Fortune 500 companies—a figure that more than doubles when you include companies founded by the children of immigrants. If immigration means change, it forces dynamism. America is literally unimaginable without it.

Every virtue has its defect and vice versa. The Japanese are in the process of discovering that the social values that once helped launch their development—loyalty, self-sacrifice, harmony—now inhibit it. Americans may need reminding that the culture of openness about which conservatives so often complain is our abiding strength. Openness to different ideas, foreign goods and new people. And their babies—who, whatever else Mr. King might think, are also made in God’s image. "

« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:24am by Joey »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1113 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 3:27pm
Joey wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 8:47pm:

The Liar in Chief....

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1114 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 3:45pm
Joey, this sux out loud and you know it. Don't be a Trump nut hugger.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1115 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 3:59pm
gimmekeef wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 3:27pm:

The Liar in Chief....

If this is the case, what would Hillary's title have been ?

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1116 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 4:22pm
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 3:59pm:

The Liar in Chief....

Who cares Edith she lost....this guy is beyond reason with his incessant lies....you may like his agenda and everyone is entitled to that of course. But the lies?.....whose going to believe him when something big happens and he is before us explaining it?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1117 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:56pm
gimmekeef wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 4:22pm:

The Liar in Chief....

Who cares Edith she lost....this guy is beyond reason with his incessant lies....you may like his agenda and everyone is entitled to that of course. But the lies?.....whose going to believe him when something big happens and he is before us explaining it?

Me ARSE !!!!!!!    Just " WHAT IF the Unthinkable Happens " Me Stonesian Brothers and Sisters ... ?   Think About It !!!!!!!

I spent eight friggin YEARS with the Jesuits where they teach you to decipher all of the falsehoods and anticipate the future .

What if Kim Jong un ill   " North Korean Nutbag "   pops a NUKE on Seoul or Tokyo .... or Hell  ... even Honolulu [ Pearl Harbour  ] ?  Do you really think a woman ( Bringer of Life ) will pop one back and risk WWIII ?  ... FRIG NO !!!!    .....    President Trump is our Man !!!!!

" One of the limitations of the Presidency is ' The Risk of Irreversibility '  !!!! "

" Somebody is going to ' Pop A Nuke ' and friggin SOON , Ronnie Cakes  !!!!!!    "

" I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!   "

Uncle Ho " Chi " Minh  !!!!! :

« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2017 at 4:05pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1118 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 9:07pm
Some Guy wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 3:45pm:
Joey, this sux out loud and you know it. Don't be a Trump nut hugger.

« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2017 at 9:08am by Joey »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1119 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 7:17am
Joey wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:56pm:
gimmekeef wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 4:22pm:

The Liar in Chief....

Me ARSE !!!!!!!    Just " WHAT IF the Unthinkable Happens " Me Stonesian Brothers and Sisters ... ?   Think About It !!!!!!!

I spent eight friggin YEARS with the Jesuits where they teach you to decipher all of the falsehoods and anticipate the future .

What if Kim Jung " North Korean Nutbag " pops a NUKE on Seoul or Tokyo .... or Hell  ... even Honolulu [ Pearl Harbour  ] ?  Do you really think a woman ( Bringer of Life ) will pop one back and risk WWIII ?  ... FRIG NO !!!!    .....    President Trump is our Man !!!!!

" One of the limitations of the Presidency is ' The Risk of Irreversibility '  !!!! "

" Somebody is going to ' Pop A Nuke ' and friggin SOON , Ronnie Cakes  !!!!!!    "

" I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!   "

Uncle Ho " Chi " Minh  !!!!! :

I'm sure the Jesuits would be sad knowing this is how you think now. If anyone pops a nuke my bet would be Trump..and then he'd say oops Obama must still have the codes.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1120 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 9:11am

" I'm sure the Jesuits would be sad knowing this is how you think now. If anyone pops a nuke my bet would be Trump..and then he'd say oops Obama must still have the codes.   "

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1121 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 9:35am
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 3:46pm:

YES SIR !!!! :

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1122 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 1:50pm
Some Guy ?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1123 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 3:17pm
cut it out, Edith.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1124 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 8:48pm

<  ----- Edith   ..... ?!  .... !!!!!!! :

http://www.omaha.com/opinion/david-ignatius-tillerson-mattis-get-starring-roles/...

" David Ignatius: Tillerson, Mattis get starring roles  "

" Mattis and Tillerson have three paramount tasks — matters of war and peace where their advice will be crucial for a beleaguered president with big ideas but limited experience. "

" The House Intelligence Committee hearing on Monday marked the end of the opening installment of “The President,” the must-watch reality/horror show that has transfixed the nation and the world. Now the plotline gets more serious, perhaps darker, with some new characters likely to emerge in key national-security roles.

President Donald Trump should be less of a stage hog going forward, and his Twitter storms less intense. He’s often described as a narcissist, but he’s not suicidal. He knows he has been rebuffed in a public hearing that he can’t ridicule as “fake news.”

With his approval rating below 40 percent, he needs to broaden his base. Trump wants to disrupt, but he also wants to succeed.

Trump and the nation would be well served if his two leading Cabinet members, Secretary of Defense James Mattis and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, played more prominent roles. Trump needs the solid outriggers that Mattis and Tillerson can provide. This presidency is wounded at a time of potentially serious crises.

Mattis and Tillerson are stabilizers. They have both led big organizations under pressure, and they know what command is. Both have been moving cautiously in the early weeks, feeling their way and mostly keeping their mouths shut in public.

They don’t like talking to the press, but in that they’re hardly alone among former chief executives and military leaders.

Mattis and Tillerson aren’t communicating much with the public, but they’re talking to Trump and to each other while they figure out the strategic positions this administration will take on key issues. The two Cabinet secretaries try to have breakfast once a week, talk frequently by phone and hash out common positions before each big meeting in the Situation Room.

These two know how to say no to Trump. Mattis famously did so on torture, and Tillerson did the same in rebutting a presidential musing about abolishing the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

Mattis and Tillerson have three paramount tasks — matters of war and peace where their advice will be crucial for a beleaguered president with big ideas but limited experience.

The first test is “eradicating” the Islamic State. Trump claimed during the campaign he had a secret strategy, but in office he has sensibly expanded the approach recommended by Gen. Joseph Votel, the U.S. Central Command commander, which focuses on capturing Raqqa, the Islamic State capital in Syria.

Centcom favors using a militia known as the Syrian Democratic Forces, which is multiethnic but led by Syrian Kurds from a group known as the YPG.

U.S. commanders rightly argue that while the Kurdish warriors are anathema to Turkey, they’re the only hope for quickly seizing Raqqa. Turkey’s claims about an alternative Sunni militia known as the “First Corps” aren’t credible.

Raqqa is an urgent priority: Terrorists there are hatching plots targeting Europe and the U.S.

The message to Turkey should be blunt: Let the U.S. work with the Kurds to clear Raqqa now (and get them out afterward), or Russia, Iran and the Syrian regime will seize the initiative.

A second crisis is building with North Korea. Here, Mattis and Tillerson have combined in warning Pyongyang that “strategic patience” is over; the U.S. will not permit the erratic regime of Kim Jong Un to develop a nuclear strike capability targeting the U.S.

The key to avoiding war is to bolster allies, in Japan and South Korea, and to enlist China’s cooperation.

Tillerson was in Beijing last weekend for talks with President Xi Jinping about joint action. I wish Tillerson had taken reporters with him, but it was the right destination and message.

Trump’s third challenge, perhaps the trickiest, is to repair the dangerously strained relationship with Russia. That’s complicated by President Vladimir Putin’s reckless covert action against the U.S. presidential election last year and by Trump’s courtship of Putin and his oligarchs, which was foolish, at best.

The FBI’s counterintelligence investigation must run its course. Until it’s completed there will be a “big gray cloud” over the administration, as House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., said Monday.

But this doesn’t mean that diplomatic dialogue with Moscow and, where possible, cooperation, should cease. After all, “detente” and nuclear-arms control began in the dark days of the Cold War.

Tillerson, who knows Putin from his Exxon Mobil days, is planning to visit Russia in April. Tillerson should attend the NATO summit, too, countering reports he might skip it. But he’s the right messenger to Moscow.

As Mattis and Tillerson work on these complex problems, they need to communicate their strategy to America and the world. America is facing big questions, and the answers can’t be conveyed in 140-character tweets.   "
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2017 at 8:53am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 275
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)