Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 276
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 896,116 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #1000 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 8:27pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I agree on some parts of your statement, but we thought we are civilized enough to allow some off topic discussions, like sports and politics, sometimes is cool to have people with the same taste in music discussing other topics, in some way this has been acceptable.

We are considering some options for this thread: Leave it, close it, hide it or delete it.

What a post Ronnie!!!!! Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint That was clever Oh no! not you again Waka Jawaka Kiss my undercover ass smoking more weed is good for your health

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1001 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 8:52pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 8:27pm:
I agree on some parts of your statement, but we thought we are civilized enough to allow some off topic discussions, like sports and politics, sometimes is cool to have people with the same taste in music discussing other topics, in some way this has been acceptable.

We are considering some options for this thread: Leave it, close it, hide it or delete it.

What a post Ronnie!!!!! Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint That was clever Oh no! not you again Waka Jawaka Kiss my undercover ass smoking more weed is good for your health

Answer  :   Please Leave it Voo !!!!!!!!

This Thread is for the " Big Boys and Girls !!!!!!!!   "

Great Material Here on this Thread  -- Time for some " Serious  Shots "   :

« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2017 at 8:58pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #1002 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 7:54am
It's clearly marked as a politics thread no?

Just don't come here and you won't have to read ANY opinions.

Seems simple to me...

For now I still think this thread has more class than Trump.

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #1003 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 3:04pm
Ok, I've been wondering about the title of this thread: Politics thread (ssc!!). What does Safe, Sane and Consensual have to do with this? Wouldn't RACK be more applicable in politics?

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1004 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 3:18pm
views are way down.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #1005 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 4:25pm
I agree voo....give us an outlet to vent. and to gloat. We are all adults (except for Joey) and we have to learn to accept the things that we can't control. if someone has a different opinion than you, you have to learn to engage them on a mature level.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1006 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 5:19pm
Starbuck wrote on Feb 21st, 2017 at 4:25pm:
you have to learn to engage them on a mature level.

But we're not mature. That's why we're here!  Smiley

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #1007 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 5:53pm

IP Logged

Tom
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #1008 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 7:43pm
LOL Leonid, you're the man!!!

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1009 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 9:18pm
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 9:58am:
Some Guy wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 7:41am:
Cut it out! Cut it out! Cut it out! The hell's the matter with you? Stupid! We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt. Who saw "Old Yeller?" Who cried when Old Yeller got shot at the end?

Old Yeller dies?.....fuck thanks for wrecking it for me!

Where did you grow up?  Old Yeller is an American classic!

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1010 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 7:13am
gorda wrote on Feb 21st, 2017 at 9:18pm:
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 9:58am:
Some Guy wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 7:41am:
Cut it out! Cut it out! Cut it out! The hell's the matter with you? Stupid! We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt. Who saw "Old Yeller?" Who cried when Old Yeller got shot at the end?

Old Yeller dies?.....fuck thanks for wrecking it for me!

Where did you grow up?  Old Yeller is an American classic!

Sorry you missed my sarcasm...if you like tear jerker dog movies....where the dog lives...try watching Greyfriars Bobby.....a classic Scots movie for kids of all ages.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1011 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 8:38am
leonid wrote on Feb 21st, 2017 at 5:53pm:

FUNNY !!!!!  Smiley

How do you create this material ?

Great Postin'  . Top notch !!!!!!   ...... Top NOTCH !!!!!!!!!

" That is what me Lil' Friends and meself running around the plains of Nebraska during the summer of 1974 ( Watergate )  playing stickball use to call Postin '   ...... You are POSTIN' !!!!!   "

Snuggles ™
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2017 at 9:19am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1012 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 9:49am
Freya Gin wrote on Feb 21st, 2017 at 3:04pm:
Ok, I've been wondering about the title of this thread: Politics thread (ssc!!). What does Safe, Sane and Consensual have to do with this? Wouldn't RACK be more applicable in politics?

Freya  ........ Do you see this Satellite Photograph of North Korea ?   This is EXACTLY the way China likes it   --- China does NOT want American Troops along its border   [ It is a WWII Thing  ] -- they despise the United States and would very much like to cut our throats   :

« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2017 at 9:51am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #1013 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 2:55pm

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1014 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 5:12pm
Man who smashed Trump star in Hollywood to pay damages, serve probation

This Oct. 26, 2016 file photo shows the vandalized Hollywood Walk of Fame star of then-presidential candidate Donald Trump. An attorney for James Lambert Otis, who admitted causing the damage, says he pleaded no contest to felony vandalism Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017. He was sentenced to three years of probation, 20 days of community labor and to pay $4,400 for the damage. (AP Photo/Richard Vogel, File) (Richard Vogel)

By The Associated Press
on February 22, 2017 at 2:50 PM, updated February 22, 2017

LOS ANGELES -- A man who destroyed Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame has been sentenced to three years of probation for vandalism.

An attorney for James Otis says he pleaded no contest to the felony Tuesday (Feb. 21) in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Attorney Mieke ter Poorten says Otis agreed to pay $4,400 for the damage and attorney's fees and perform 20 days of community labor.

Otis used a sledgehammer and pickax to deface the star about a week before Trump was elected president.

Otis said he originally planned to the steal the star, sell it and give money to the 11 women who had said Trump groped them.

The star was for Trump's work on the reality show "The Apprentice." It has since been repaired.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/02/man_who_smashed_trump_star_in.html#i...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #1015 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 6:42pm
Wait...was there an election? I have been too busy listening to Blue & Lonesome to notice!

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #1016 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 9:13pm
joey?

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1017 - Feb 23rd, 2017 at 1:08am
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 22nd, 2017 at 7:13am:
Sorry you missed my sarcasm...if you like tear jerker dog movies....where the dog lives...try watching Greyfriars Bobby.....a classic Scots movie for kids of all ages.

Have seen the movie Hachi with Richard Gere?  It is so sad!  It will break your heart! And, it is based on a true story!

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1018 - Feb 23rd, 2017 at 7:07am
Edith Grove wrote on Feb 22nd, 2017 at 5:12pm:
Man who smashed Trump star in Hollywood to pay damages, serve probation

This Oct. 26, 2016 file photo shows the vandalized Hollywood Walk of Fame star of then-presidential candidate Donald Trump. An attorney for James Lambert Otis, who admitted causing the damage, says he pleaded no contest to felony vandalism Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017. He was sentenced to three years of probation, 20 days of community labor and to pay $4,400 for the damage. (AP Photo/Richard Vogel, File) (Richard Vogel)

By The Associated Press
on February 22, 2017 at 2:50 PM, updated February 22, 2017

LOS ANGELES -- A man who destroyed Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame has been sentenced to three years of probation for vandalism.

An attorney for James Otis says he pleaded no contest to the felony Tuesday (Feb. 21) in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Attorney Mieke ter Poorten says Otis agreed to pay $4,400 for the damage and attorney's fees and perform 20 days of community labor.

Otis used a sledgehammer and pickax to deface the star about a week before Trump was elected president.

Otis said he originally planned to the steal the star, sell it and give money to the 11 women who had said Trump groped them.

The star was for Trump's work on the reality show "The Apprentice." It has since been repaired.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/02/man_who_smashed_trump_star_in.html#i...

How did Trump get a star on the walk there anyway? Did they do a quick re-make of Son of Flubber?

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1019 - Feb 23rd, 2017 at 8:18am

<  -------------- Some Guy    .... ?!  .... !!!!! :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-vs-trump-1487809142

" Trump vs. Trump "

" Trump the president is looking like he’s trapped inside Trump the campaigner.  "

By DANIEL HENNINGER

" Donald Trump is right that the media is making a mountain out of every Trump molehill. Despite the “resistance,” it also remains true that most Americans want the Trump presidency to succeed.

These Trump Hopefuls, whose number includes people who didn’t vote for him, want the presidency to succeed because they understand that if it fails, the social and economic condition of their country will be in a bad place.

Despite this reservoir of goodwill for the Trump presidency, the degree of anxiety about it is palpable. You have to be living in Netflixed isolation not to have had conversations with people wondering what the hell is going on at this White House.

Beyond the Beltway bubble, I think most people look upon the pitched battle between Mr. Trump and the news media as they would a playground fight between sixth-graders.

“He hit me first.”

“You hit first.”

“You’re a liar.”

“No, you’re the liar.”

Millions of Americans simply gape.

We could spend the next several years arguing whether Mr. Trump or the dishonest mainstream media started this, but a more productive question is, why is the mayhem happening?

It is happening mainly because the presidential campaign didn’t end last November. The political culture of the 2017 campaign endures inside the White House and among the press and the Trump opposition.

Presidential campaigns are an essential feature of the American political system—long, raucous, fiercely contested. But that glorious tumult is supposed to give way to the more substantial, harder politics of the presidency.

The permanent campaign has been with us a long time, and Barack Obama was the first president who didn’t disband his campaign operation after winning. But we’re in a different dimension today.

Propelled by new media, campaign politics has become a national addiction. It’s similar to the way people drive cars into trees because they can’t stop texting. No one will let go—not the tweeting president, not the surly press and not the hooked, agog public.

Still, there’s a political casualty waiting to happen inside the great American thrill ride—the presidency. Trump the president is looking like he’s trapped inside Trump the campaigner.

To be sure, the Trump presidential machine is executing the president’s orders and making fine appointments. The president’s downward ratchet on the vast Obama regulatory state is the main reason for the upward-bound stock market.

But Mr. Trump himself can revert in an instant to campaign mode—Hillary’s failures, voter fraud and past media transgressions. Or a Florida presidential rally that looks just like a Florida campaign rally. Bill Clinton once said that to win an election you do what you’ve gotta do. But are the tactics of a campaign transferrable to the daily life of a presidency?

Some will say the political world underestimated Donald Trump from day one. That’s true—but as a candidate. The presidency, by contrast, is one part of a large and complicated political system, complicated because the Founders wanted the process to be difficult and to require getting buy-in from unavoidably divided factions.

Mr. Trump and his White House are justified in wondering how it is their politics get hammered, while the factions of the alt-left are generally misrepresented as a benevolent children’s crusade.

A further Trump argument would be that they owe their distraught opposition nothing. That’s mostly true. It isn’t Mr. Trump’s responsibility to provide kumbaya solace to a political left whose street bullies turned Chuck Schumer into a progressive factotum.

The argument here isn’t that Donald Trump as president has to step up to “heal” a divided nation, not least because our age of limitless sentimentality has turned the phrase “heal the nation” into soap bubbles. But it’s obvious that the hyper-hot emotions in the country’s political life now are unsettling many normal people who don’t wish Mr. Trump ill.

There are risks, to the Trump presidency, its goals and the system itself, if the volatile personality-driven politics of the Trump campaign remain the norm for the 45th presidency.

Yes, we know it’s a populist movement. Populism, though, is what gets you elected. The president who tries to govern with populism inside the U.S.’s system of distributed, three-branch authority will fail.

There are going to be tough votes soon in Congress on the president’s tax bill, ObamaCare reform, a Dodd-Frank revision, the budget, infrastructure and the rest. That agenda, intended to raise the U.S. from its doldrums, is the reason so many different kinds of people want this presidency to succeed.

The Trump margin for delivering victory to these hopeful Americans is narrower than it should be. The president’s goals could falter or fail if enough Republicans running for election in 2020 decide their own needs require putting distance between themselves and the permanent volcano of the Trump White House. There will be no moral victories for a presidency that cannot produce 50 votes in the Senate.  "
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2017 at 8:19am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1020 - Feb 23rd, 2017 at 8:25am
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 23rd, 2017 at 7:07am:
How did Trump get a star on the walk there anyway?

Paltry honor these days.

Pretty sure you can get a star just for making a Preparation-H commercial.  Smiley

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #1021 - Feb 23rd, 2017 at 9:27am
He was in home alone 2..

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1022 - Feb 23rd, 2017 at 8:58pm
Egon wrote on Feb 23rd, 2017 at 9:27am:
He was in home alone 2..

" I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!   "

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1023 - Feb 23rd, 2017 at 9:12pm

<  -------------- Edith ?!  ....  !!!!!!!!!!!   :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mattiss-pyrrhic-personnel-war-1487894275

" Mattis’s Pyrrhic Personnel War "

" The defense secretary clashes with the White House about staffing the Pentagon.  "

By KIMBERLEY A. STRASSEL

" Every military tactician fears the Pyrrhic victory—winning a battle but losing the war. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis might want to brush up on his Plutarch, as he continues to fight a one-man personnel skirmish.

President Trump promised to rebuild our hollowed-out military, a cause as urgent as any domestic priority. Years of Obama budget cuts and neglect slashed force sizes and provoked a readiness crisis. Over half the Navy’s aircraft are grounded. Of 58 Army brigade combat teams, only three are ready to immediately join a fight. The Air Force is short pilots and aircraft maintenance workers.

Mr. Trump chose a man singularly gifted to take on such a huge challenge. “Mad Dog” Mattis is a highly intelligent and revered Marine, whose time on the battlefield has made him intimately familiar with the needs of a fighting force. He’s a steely-eyed warrior who’ll fight for the rebuild mission, and who is willing to speak truth to his boss and Congress about what it will require. That is, if he will stand down long enough to get the project started.

Because right now, Mr. Mattis is fighting alone in the Pentagon, a situation of his own design. He was confirmed on Inauguration Day, yet as March approaches the White House hasn’t nominated a single subcabinet position in the Defense Department. No deputy secretary. No undersecretaries. No assistant secretaries. This is because Mr. Mattis is battling with the White House over who gets the jobs.

A soldier first—a politician only by presidential request—Mr. Mattis hews to the honest belief that defense should always be a bipartisan cause. He wants to choose his own team based on the strength of their views, political affiliations be damned. He wanted, for instance, former Obama undersecretary Michèle Flournoy for a top post. He’s looked to recruit from Ms. Flournoy’s liberal-hawk think tank, the Center for New American Security. And he’s pushed for some names who hail from Never Trump backgrounds, including Mary Beth Long, an official in George W. Bush’s Pentagon.

Perhaps only to make a point, Mr. Mattis is blocking some rock-star conservative talent. One is Mira Ricardel, a former Boeing executive and Bush Pentagon alum who helped with the Trump transition. Mr. Mattis continues to nix a long list of names offered by the White House team.

This defense secretary has one of the biggest jobs in the administration, and he’s right to want to be consulted and to have a team he trusts. There’s also nothing wrong with looking outside the partisan box.

At the same time, Mr. Mattis surely understands the chain of command. This isn’t just a question of choosing random “staff.” These are presidential appointments for consequential positions, with authority over budgets, personnel and operations. The Trump White House has a right to want people it trusts as much as it trusts Mr. Mattis. The former Marine is accorded influence. The president is accorded the call.

The bigger point is the damage this standoff is inflicting—short and long term. The Pentagon today remains in the hands of Obama holdovers who have spent years thwarting congressional requests, minimizing readiness problems, and generally covering for Obama failures. Those holdovers include Deputy Secretary Robert Work, an opponent of reform, and Assistant Secretary for Legislative Affairs Stephen Hedger.

Mr. Hedger helped write an infamous 2016 Pentagon memo outlining how the Obama administration could use a presidential veto of greater defense spending as a “weapon” to get other Obama priorities. Civil servants are also place-warming other key positions. As well-intentioned as many are, it’s unrealistic to expect this crew to march in a new direction after eight years under President Obama.

Congressional reformers such as House Armed Services Chairman Mac Thornberry are warning that the obstruction continues. The frustrated Texas congressman was recently driven to tweet that while Mr. Trump’s commitment to rebuilding was “100% right” and that he couldn’t have a “better leader” than Mr. Mattis, the Trump promise “is facing Obama holdovers @DOD who have been fighting against rebuilding & are still undermining agenda.”

Here’s the bigger problem: Mr. Mattis’s own standing. The former general is about to go into the policy fight of his life, and he’ll need all the political capital he can muster. Getting crosswise with the White House over personnel, and leaching credibility now on controversial nominees the White House clearly doesn’t want and who aren’t integral to victory, makes no sense.

Mr. Mattis may not come out of his personnel fight “utterly ruined” (to quote King Pyrrhus), but he’ll likely be weaker than necessary. And right now the country, and the military Mr. Mattis has promised to restore, needs a defense secretary operating at full and unquestioned strength.  "
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2017 at 8:55am by Joey »  

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1024 - Feb 23rd, 2017 at 9:32pm

I cut and pasted this from "eldiariony.com" and then translated on Google Translate.:

Trump has 43 registered trademarks in Mexico.

A double message is being sent by President Donald Trump, while his family has 43 trademarks in Mexico, while promoting the construction of a wall on the Mexican border.

Of that number, 17 are from Ivanka Trump, revealed an investigation by Aristegui News.

There are another 26 that were granted by the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property (IMPI)
All of Ivanka are brands that directly bear their name, related to the design of their clothing and their online store.

The company that controls the brands is Ivanka Trump Marks LLC, a limited liability company, operating since 2006 from Delaware.

President Trump's brands in Mexico include a number of changes, including its traditional real estate and hotel business: marinas, golf clubs, financial services, brokerage firms, cafeterias, insurance companies, exchange houses, among others.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 276
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)