Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 61
Send Topic Print
Yet another "Joey?" thread (Read 425,178 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Yet another Joey thread
Reply #900 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 1:14pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Joey ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #901 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 2:17pm
Young Joey ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #902 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 5:03am
Joey ?

Three True Things About Sanitary Engineer Thomas Crapper

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/three-true-things-about-sanitary-engine...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #903 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 6:29am
Joey?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #904 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 9:55am
JOEY! Santa Claus is dead !!

Santa Claus' tomb found in Turkey, archaeologists say

Posted on October 4, 2017
By The Washington Post

First the good news:

Whoever told you that Santa Claus was an impostor with a fake beard collecting a Christmastime check at the mall or a lie cooked up by your parents to trick you into five measly minutes of quiet was, at minimum, misinformed.

The bad news: Santa Claus is definitely dead.

Archaeologists in southern Turkey say they have discovered the tomb of the original Santa Claus, also known as St. Nicholas, beneath his namesake church near the Mediterranean Sea.

Saint Nicholas of Myra (now Demre) was known for his anonymous gift-giving and generosity. People believed he'd put coins in the shoes of anyone who left them out for him on his feast day, Dec. 6.

As the story goes, he was a monk who gave away his hefty inheritance and instead chose to help the poor and the sick.

He's also a patron saint of sailors and was, of course, especially fond of children. (There's one slightly bizarre story, more Halloween than Christmas, of St. Nicholas saving three children who had been "lured into the clutches of an evil butcher.")

He was so popular, according to History.com, that he survived the Protestant Reformation, "when the veneration of saints began to be discouraged."

It wasn't until the 16th century that St. Nicholas began to take on his modern, candy-cane hued form in images and imaginations. In Europe, he became known as Father Christmas.

He migrated to the Americas with the Dutch, who called him "Sinterklass" and gathered every year on the anniversary of his death. He started making appearances in stores in the 1840s, according to History.com.

The writer Clement Clarke cemented the American image of Santa Claus with his poem "A Visit from St. Nicholas," which begins with the words " 'Twas the night before Christmas."

Now, Santa is all but entrenched in the Christmas lexicon, the rosy-cheeked face of Christmas who is the subject of movies, perennial parental lies and debates about childhood materialism.

There is an annual argument about whether it's okay to portray Santa as only white. There was a Santa photographed last year with a shovel near a fence on the U.S. border with Mexico, a dig at Trump's immigration policies. And there was a Santa who's been called a liar for a story about telling a dying child that he was Santa's "number one elf."

Through it all, the remains of the real-life St. Nicholas were apparently the subject of a centuries-old case of mistaken identity and grave robbery.

According to the Telegraph, St. Nicholas died in A.D. 343 and was interred at St. Nicholas church in Demre, on the Mediterranean coast of Turkey.

In 1087, apparently, merchants dug up his bones and smuggled them to the Italian city of Bari, the Telegraph reported. It's still a holy site, visited by Christians paying homage to St. Nicholas.

But archaeologists say pilgrims to the Basilica di San Nicola are praying to the wrong guy. The bones belong to another local priest, not one of the most famous saints, the Telegraph reported.

Archaeologists conducting recent surveys at the church in Demre found gaps beneath it. The shrine, they say, is underneath the church and untouched.

"We believe this shrine has not been damaged at all, but it is quite difficult to get to it as there are mosaics on the floor," Cemil Karabayram, the head of Antalya's Monument Authority, told the Turkish Hurriyet Daily News.

Karabayram told the newspaper that he's confident that archaeologists can reach the tomb.

At that point, he believes, nearly 1,700 years after St. Nicholas died, he'll give another gift to the people of Demre: Tourism dollars.

(c) 2017, The Washington Post. Cleve R. Wootson Jr. wrote this story.

http://www.nola.com/religion/index.ssf/2017/10/santa_claus_tomb_found_in_turk.ht...

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #905 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 8:07pm

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #906 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 1:24am

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #907 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:55am
Edith Grove wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 2:17pm:
Young Joey ?

Yes !!!!!   :    Young Joeykins !!!!!   :

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #908 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:06am
every fucking thread!!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #909 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:52am
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 8:07pm:

Yes Voo !!!!!  : Joey ! :

https://youtu.be/1DWiB7ZuLvI

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #910 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:54am

YES !!!!!!   :  Young Joeykins ! :

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #911 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 2:56pm
Joey? Some Guy?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #912 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 2:08pm
Edith?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #913 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 2:14pm
Saint Sway?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #914 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 12:39pm
     " Look at it like this : In 1964  , millions of kids saw the Stones and the Beatles and decided , ' That looks like fun . ' Some of them went out and bought instruments . Some of them learned to play a little . Some got good enough to maybe join a local band  . Some might have even made a demo tape . Some might have lucked out and gotten a record deal of some sort . A few of those might have sold some records and done some touring . A few of those might have had a small hit , a short career in music , and managed to eke out a modest living . A very few of those might have managed to make a life as a musician  , and a very , very few might have had some continuing success that brought them fame  ,  fortune and deep gratification  , and tonight , one of those ended up standing between Mick Jagger and George Harrison , a Stone and a Beatle . I did not fool myself about what the odds were back in 1964 that that one would have been the acne - faced fifteen - year - old kid with the cheap Kent guitar from Freehold  , New Jersey . My parents were RIGHT ! My chances were ONE  , ONE in a MILLION , in MANY MILLIONS . But still  ...... here I was . I knew my talents and I knew I worked hard , but THESE , THESE WERE THE GODS , and I was , well  .... one hardworking guitar man . I carried the journeyman in me for better or for worse , a commonness , and I always would . "   

« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2017 at 12:44pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #915 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 9:23am
Voodoo ?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #916 - Oct 24th, 2017 at 2:23pm

Edith ?!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #917 - Oct 24th, 2017 at 5:30pm
Edith Grove wrote on Oct 23rd, 2017 at 9:23am:
Voodoo ?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, Voodoo!

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #918 - Oct 24th, 2017 at 9:31pm

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #919 - Oct 25th, 2017 at 3:44pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #920 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 9:35am

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #921 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 2:46pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Oct 26th, 2017 at 9:35am:

Yes Voo   ..... Young Joey :

" A couple was transported to the hospital in a very awkward position last night after a man somehow got his head stuck in his wife’s vagina during a strange sexual game. "

Voo  ..............  ?!

Edith  ...................?!

Some Guy   ?!  .......... !!!!!   :

« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2017 at 2:48pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #922 - Oct 27th, 2017 at 5:17pm

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #923 - Oct 30th, 2017 at 4:25pm
Some Guy ??

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #924 - Oct 30th, 2017 at 8:04pm
joey?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 61
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)