Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 61
Send Topic Print
Yet another "Joey?" thread (Read 425,155 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Yet another Joey thread
Reply #875 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 1:21pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
moonie ?

Thousands of salmon escape fish farm after solar eclipse high tides break nets

by Graham Johnson, KIRO7.com, NCD

A fish pen containing 305,000 farmed Atlantic salmon collapsed over the weekend in the San Juan Islands, raising fears about the potential that native Pacific salmon will be negatively impacted.

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife estimated that between 4,000 and 5,000 fish escaped the damaged pen off Cypress Island when it first became compromised Saturday.

The farm's owner, Cooke Aquaculture Pacific, said the farm then collapsed entirely on Sunday, trapping most of the fish inside.

Both the company and state officials did not expect disease to be transferred to native salmon because the farmed fish are considered healthy. Ron Warren, fish program assistant director for WDFW, said the farmed salmon had not received meal with antibiotics in more than a year.

"That's a good indicator of a good healthy lot of fish," Warren said.

Warren expects the fish will make their way to fresh water areas, particularly in north Puget Sound, but predicted the biggest native impact on local wild salmon would be new competition for food.

He said there was no evidence that Atlantic salmon have successfully interbred with native wild salmon in Western Washington, but that "we don't like to test that theory."
State officials encourage recreational anglers to catch the salmon, which are about 8-10 pounds each.

The state says there is no size or catch limit for Atlantic salmon.

http://myconnection.cox.com/article/trending/45543150-8823-11e7-9648-79b96733022...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #876 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 1:32pm
Joey ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #877 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 1:35pm
mojo ?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #878 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 1:37pm
Some Guy ?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #879 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 1:38pm
Voodoo ?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #880 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 1:46pm
LEONID? SCL?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #881 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 1:50pm
MrPleasant ?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #882 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 2:26pm

< ------------- Edith ?!  .... !!!!   :

« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2017 at 4:32pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #883 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 4:29pm
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 1:32pm:
Joey ?

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #884 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 5:54pm

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #885 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 9:32pm

joeycong?

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #886 - Aug 26th, 2017 at 8:59pm
Joey?

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #887 - Aug 26th, 2017 at 9:00pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #888 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 10:45am
     " Now , some guys' five minutes are worth other guys' fifty years , and while burning out in one brilliant supernova will send record sales through the roof , leave you living fast , dying young , leaving a beautiful corpse , these is something to be said for living . Personally , I like my gods old , grizzled and here . I'll take Dylan ; the pirate raiding party of the Stones ; the hope - I - get - very - old - before - I - die  , present live power of The Who ; a fat , still - mesmerizing - until - his - death Brando  -- they all suit me over the alternative . I would have liked to have seen that last Michael Jackson show , a seventy - year - old Elvis reinventing and relishing in his talents , where Jimi Hendrix might have next taken the electric guitar , Keith Moon , Janis Joplin , Kurt Cobain and all the others whose untimely deaths and lost talents stole something from the music I love  ,  living on , enjoying the blessings of their gifts and their audience's regard . Aging is scary but fascinating , and great talent morphs in strange and often enlightening ways . Plus , to those you have received so much from , so much joy , knowledge and inspiration , you wish life , happiness and peace . These are not easy to come by . 
     Youth and death have always been an intoxicating combination for the myth makers left amongst the living . And dangerous , even violent , self - loathing has long been an essential ingredient in the fires of transformation . When the ' new self  ' burns to life , the twins of great control and recklessness are immutably linked . It is what makes life interesting . The high tension between these two forces often makes a performer fascinating and fun to watch , but also a white - cross highway marker . Here , many who have come this way have burned out hard or died . The rock death cult is well loved and chronicled in literature and music , but in practice , there ain't much in it for the singer and his song , except a good life unlived , lovers and children left behind , and a six - foot - deep hole in the ground . The exit blaze of glory is bullshit . " 

« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2017 at 11:05am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #889 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 9:33am
Joey ?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #890 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 10:28am

<  -------------    Edith ?!   ....  !!!!!   :

« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2017 at 4:43pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #891 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:06am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #892 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 9:46pm
Voodoo?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #893 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 11:49am
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 9:33am:
Joey ?

Yes Edith !!!!!    :   Young Joeykins !    :

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #894 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 12:03pm
     " The Beatles , the Stones , the Animals , the Yardbirds , the Kinks , Jeff Beck , Clapton , Hendrix , The Who  --  we were heading for the isle of our heroes . The British House of the Second Coming , where the first generation of American blues and rock ' n ' roll had shipwrecked on a distant shore , been understood , thoroughly digested and recast as something wondrous . Rock's second generation of Beat groups had pulled off a Herculean task . They had reinvented some of the greatest music that had ever been made . They had infused the old forms with youth , pop smarts and hits that soared up the charts . They had introduced generations of kids like me to the music of some of the most talented musicians who had ever picked up a harmonica , guitar or pen . I had heard my first dose of Howlin' Wolf , Jimmy Reed , Muddy Waters and Arthur Alexander through these groups . ' House of the Rising Sun , ' an old folk song , was turned into a growling modern blues of personal destruction by the Animals . The Rolling Stones breathed punk life into Chuck Berry's greatest hits as the Beatles covered early R & B with love and fresh style . I still feel I owe all of these groups  , these young Englishmen  , an enormous debt of gratitude for valuing and leading me to these artists , who by 1964 were largely unheard in most American households .
     In England lived the reasons we were here . The cities of London , Liverpool  ,  Manchester  ,  Newcastle rang synonymous with the names of our favorite British Beat heroes . These were mystical destinations , yet here we were , coming in for a landing at Heathrow Airport , new representatives of the musical mother country with a chance to return some small part of the favor  .... if we could . "   

« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2017 at 12:08pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #895 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 5:05am
Joey ?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #896 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 7:31pm
Joey, you need to see this. He does a very good and funny bit on the Stones. Quite good I must say.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80177405

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #897 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 7:47am
Voodoo?

Americas
Mexico Rocked by Earthquake Called Its Strongest in a Century

By ELISABETH MALKIN, PAULINA VILLEGAS and AZAM AHMEDSEPT. 8, 2017

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/08/world/americas/mexico-earthquake.html

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #898 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 11:54am
Some Guy wrote on Sep 5th, 2017 at 7:31pm:
Joey, you need to see this. He does a very good and funny bit on the Stones. Quite good I must say.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80177405

Great Stuff !!!!!!

Thanks Some Guy .    Here is your reward   :

Some Guy    ?! .....   !!!!!   :

« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2017 at 11:56am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #899 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 12:09pm
     " The one thing I did learn was that we all need a little of our madness . Man can not live by sobriety alone . We all need help somewhere along the way to relieve us of our daily burdens . It is why intoxicants have been pursued since the beginning of time . Today I would simply advise you to chose your methods and materials carefully or not at all , depending upon one's tolerance , and watch the body parts!
     I used to see my rock heroes enjoying their great fortunes and say , ' Damn , I can not wait until I get there . ' Then  , when I got there  , the shoe only occasionally fit . So much of the raw , dangerous but beautiful hedonism , the exultant materialism , of rock and roll felt naked and without purpose for me . I have since come a long way ,  live high on the hog  , yacht around the Mediterranean ( who does not ? ) and private - plane myself between dental appointments . But I have still never regularly quite had the mojo to freely let the ' bon temps rouler . ' Except .... on stage .  There , strangely enough , exposed in front of thousands , I have always felt perfectly safe , to just let it all go  . That is why at our shows you can not get rid of me . My pal Bonnie Raitt , upon visiting me backstage , used to smilingly shake her head at me and say , ' The boy has it in him , and it has got to come out .  ' So there , with you , I am near free and it is party til the lights go out . I do not know why , but I have never gotten anywhere near as far nor as high as when I count the band in and feel what seems like all life itself and a small flash of eternity pulsing through me . It is the way I am built . I have long ago resigned myself to the fact that all of us can not be like the Rolling Stones , God Bless Them   ...... even if we can .  "

« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2017 at 12:13pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 61
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)