Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 61
Send Topic Print
Yet another "Joey?" thread (Read 425,325 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: Yet another Joey thread
Reply #575 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 7:50pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Gorda? Voodoo?

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #576 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 6:11am
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2017 at 6:12am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #577 - Mar 3rd, 2017 at 2:16pm
I want to push you when you're up
And pull you when you're down

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #578 - Mar 4th, 2017 at 11:24am

<   --------- Happy 70th Birthday Vietnam Veteran Bert Crum

http://www.omaha.com/columnists/kelly/kelly-veteran-who-defied-death-in-vietnam-...

" Kelly: Veteran who defied death in Vietnam will get birthday salute in Norfolk "

By Michael Kelly

" Friends will celebrate Bert Crum’s 70th birthday Saturday, a half-century after his life nearly ended in Vietnam.

That he made it this far is remarkable. He is 100 percent disabled.

“Doctors didn’t think he would survive his injuries all these years,” said brother Fred Crum of Omaha. “They didn’t expect him to walk or talk ever again.”

Bert, honorably discharged as a lance corporal, has made the best of the bad hand he was dealt. He is a popular figure at the veterans home in Norfolk, Nebraska, where he moves around in his wheelchair.

“Part of his daily ritual,” said social worker RoseAnn Ross, “is to go around and tell everybody good morning. He is very well-liked, and we are privileged to have him.”

After he graduated from the old Omaha Tech High in 1966, the handsome Bert enlisted in the Marines. His reason for doing so was simple.

“Because of my dad,” he said this week. “He was a Marine during the Second World War over in the Pacific.”

His father, after a divorce, had raised Bert and Fred, who also lived for a time at the Omaha Home for Boys.

After boot camp, Bert married in Omaha before shipping out to Vietnam. Fred recalls his big brother saying it was always hot and rainy, but he has no memory of what happened Sept. 25, 1967.

He was 19, crouched in a foxhole, when a mortar made a direct hit. Two Marines next to him were killed, and Bert suffered a severe brain injury.

He was evacuated and returned to the United States, where a metal plate was inserted in his skull. He eventually spent seven years in a Topeka, Kansas, hospital.

“It was hard to see him that way,” said Fred, now retired as a Union Pacific electrician. “He couldn’t talk, couldn’t walk and was paralyzed on the left side.”

In a 1975 World-Herald interview, as the U.S. departed Vietnam, Bert said from his Kansas hospital bed that he didn’t regret volunteering for the Marines and would do it again if he could.

“It was worth it,” he said. “It was better than having them (the Communists) come over here.”

Fred admires his brother for his military service, his hard work at rehabilitation and his persistence through the years.

Seeing young photos of Bert, Fred said, “reminds me of the good times we always had — and the times he could have had.”

Bert’s marriage had quickly ended, and he didn’t get a chance to raise a family or enjoy a career — he had worked at an auto-body repair shop, and his brother says he might have become a mechanic.

About 58,000 Americans died in the war, their names inscribed on the Vietnam Wall in Washington, D.C.

But of the 2.59 million who served, another 303,000 were wounded — and half of those required hospitalization.

Some fully recovered. Others have suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder. Still others, like Bert C. Crum, have endured lifelong physical disabilities.

Omaha attorney David Koukol, Bert’s guardian-conservator, has requested information from the Marine Corps, as well as any medals or decorations he deserves.

Bert doesn’t have a Purple Heart. It’s unclear exactly where in Vietnam he was injured.

His 70th birthday is Tuesday, but people will honor him at the veterans home Saturday. In a talk prepared for delivery then, Koukol notes that Bert still carries the scars of his service, but retains a ready smile and a quick wit.

Regardless of one’s political position on the Vietnam War, Koukol says, “warriors like Bert deserve our utmost respect.”

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #579 - Mar 5th, 2017 at 9:12am

<   ----------   mojo   ............   ?!   ....  !!!!!    :

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #580 - Mar 5th, 2017 at 9:14am

Nanky ?!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #581 - Mar 5th, 2017 at 10:55am
      " Paul has since wrongly dated this experience to late 1966 , leading critics to believe that everything he wrote for REVOLVER was done before he , to adopt the language of Timothy Leary , had turned on and tuned in . Some writers have even speculated that Paul's artistry on the LP was the result of him resisting John and George's pressure to trip by showing them that he could outperform them without chemical assistance . But Prince's revelation in interviews with me that this took place immediately after the Beatles' last tour date of 1965 alters our understanding .  After all  , Paul has agreed with John's statement that no one is the same after taking LSD and had called his experiences ' amazing ' and ' deeply emotional . '  In 1967 he told the Daily Mirror that his initial trip was  ' quite an incredible experience ' that lasted for six hours  ; he said , ' it opened my eyes to the fact that there is a God ' and  ' made me a better person .  '
      The fist of Paul's songs recorded by the Beatles after December 1965 , and therefore almost certainly the first song he composed after tripping ,  was  '  Got to Get You Into My Life .  ' Believing he first took LSD in late 1966  , he has said in interviews ( and in his book Many Years From Now ) that the song was about pot , but the language of taking  ' a ride , '   seeing   ' another kind of mind , '  and not knowing what he  ' would find there '  is more consistent with the language of a psychedelic trip than a marijuana high . In the song he is talking about getting this new perspective , this new consciousness , into his life .  '  Far from harming me  , '  he told the Daily Mirror ,  '  it helped me to see a lot more truth .  I am more mature . I am less cynical  . I have started to be honest with myself . '  It turns out that John was right after all when he told Playboy , ' It [ Got to Get You Into My life '  ] actually describes his experience taking acid . I think that is what he is talking about . I could not swear to it , but I think it was a result of that .  " 

« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2017 at 11:12am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #582 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 1:41pm
Joey ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #583 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 1:44pm
Some Guy ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #584 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 3:04pm

<  ----------------   Yes !!!!!   :   Young  Joey    :   

« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2017 at 6:35pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #585 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 6:37am
Edith?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #586 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 7:26am
Some Guy wrote on Mar 7th, 2017 at 6:37am:
Edith?

Is that Wyoming or Nebraska ?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #587 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 9:47am
Joey ?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #588 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 1:42pm
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 7th, 2017 at 7:26am:
Edith?

same thing.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #589 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 2:01pm
Some Guy wrote on Mar 7th, 2017 at 1:42pm:
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 7th, 2017 at 7:26am:
Edith?

same thing.

What  ........... ?!   .... !!!!!!!!!!!   :

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #590 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 5:51pm
Edith?

« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2017 at 5:54pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #591 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 6:31pm
Some Guy wrote on Mar 7th, 2017 at 5:51pm:
Edith?

Get the originals back together and I'll go.  Perverted Mick

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #592 - Mar 8th, 2017 at 7:01am
Joey?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #593 - Mar 9th, 2017 at 10:14am
Joey ?

Lawyer's pants burst into flames as he defends arsonist

by WPXI.com

MIAMI --

A defense attorney in Miami was presenting his closing arguments to a jury on an arson case on Wednesday afternoon when his pants burst into flames.

Witnesses told the Miami Herald that attorney Stephen Gutierrez, 28, was fidgeting with something in his pocket when smoke started curling out from his pocket.

He ran from the courtroom.  When he returned, his pants were burned. He said the small fire was caused by a faulty e-cigarette battery, witnesses told the Herald.

Prosecutors are investigating the incident, concerned that Gutierrez staged the fire as part of his case.

Gutierrez’s client, Claudy Charles, 48, was accused of setting his car on fire and charged with arson. Gutierrez's defense strategy rested on claims that the car spontaneously combusted.

Charles was found guilty.

The Cox Media Group National Content Desk contributed to this report.

http://myconnection.cox.com/article/trending/aHR0cHM6Ly9pZGVudGlmaWVycy5jbWdkaWd...

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #594 - Mar 9th, 2017 at 8:36pm
Joey?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/books/article-4298486/Patti-Boulaye-s-journey-po...

Jagger was the ugliest man I'd ever seen! Patti Boulaye's outspoken account of a courageous journey from poverty to celebrity

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #595 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 5:22am
Joey ?

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #596 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 8:27pm
You're a cocaine sniffer Joey

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #597 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 7:59pm
Joey?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #598 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 9:57am

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #599 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 9:06pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 7:59pm:
Joey?

Yes !!!!!   : Joeykins ! :

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 61
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)