Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another New Keef Documentary BBC (Read 1,741 times)
gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Another New Keef Documentary BBC
Jun 29th, 2016 at 8:57am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Re: Another New Keef Documentary BBC
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 9:43am
I heard Gazza will record this for us all.

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 4:08pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2016/keith-richards-my-generation-se...

Date: 29.06.2016     Last updated: 29.06.2016 at 10.00
Category: BBC Two; BBC Four

BBC Music today announces that Rolling Stone legend Keith Richards is to front a film for BBC Two to air in July, and this Autumn will curate an incredible weekend of programming for BBC Four.

For BBC Two, Keith Richards - The Origin Of The Species is a 60-minute film by acclaimed director Julien Temple, in which he journeys back to his formative years during the post-war era. This film is the centrepiece of the BBC’s My Generation season.

And exclusively for BBC Four this September, Keith Richards’ Lost Weekend will feature two nights of programming all hand-picked by Keith, which could include documentaries, films and live performances. Each night will feature an introduction by Keith - specially-filmed by Julien Temple - talking about the reasons behind his selections and inspirations.

Avatar of rebellion, buccaneer, soul survivor, as well as the coolest dude on the planet, Keith Richards - the myth - has meant so many different things to so many different people that it is easy to overlook the quintessential Englishness that still truly defines him. By reclaiming for the first time on film his suburban roots, Keith Richards - The Origin Of The Species explores the impact he has had on how we all live our lives today.

Speaking in the film, Keith Richards says: “There was a feeling late 50s/early 60s that there was a change coming. Harold Macmillan actually said it - the 'winds of change' and all that - but he didn’t mean it in quite the same way. I certainly felt that for my generation, what was happening and the feeling in the air was - it’s time to push limits. The world is ours now and you can rise or fall on it.”

Julien Temple says: “Listening to the early Stones as a kid changed everything for me. I felt a new way of living emerging, a new kind of person becoming possible - something I wanted to be a part of. And without a doubt I thought Keith Richards was the Origin Of The Species. This film sets out to explore how both he and the 60s in England came about."

It is no coincidence that more bombs fell on Keith's birthplace Dartford during the war than anywhere else in Britain. Nor that the ultimate survivor himself should escape a direct hit from one of Hitler's doodlebugs, which sprayed his cot with bricks and mortar, before he could walk or talk.

In the film, Keith's visceral journey through the deprivations of those post-war years allows him to speak with hard-fought experience and unique authority on the wider preconditions of the 40s and 50s - rationing, austerity, the beginning of the National Health and the end of National Service among them - which fed into those attitudes and emerging lifestyles that finally achieved critical mass in the early 1960s.

Ending at the point the Rolling Stones began, the film will explore, through Keith's own coming of age, the cultural undercurrents and transformative thinking which occurred in Britain during those often underestimated decades, and made possible the great worldwide explosion of English rock music in the 60s, of which he was one of the crucial detonators.

Cassian Harrison, Channel Editor, BBC Four, says: “Keith Richards is undoubtedly one of the key icons of our age. His film for BBC Two will be a fascinating exploration into the post-war years, how they impacted both his life and others and influenced the 60s and the decades that followed. And his curated weekend of programmes for BBC Four will be a thrilling musical journey for viewers - giving an extraordinary and unique insight into Keith’s passions and inspirations.”

Jan Younghusband, Head of Music TV Commissioning, said: “Keith Richards is an outstanding talent and an inspiration to us all. We are thrilled to be able to bring his unique and entertaining insights to our audience, in this special collaboration with Julien Temple. I know it will be a totally original experience.”

Julien Temple is an award-winning director with a catalogue of work steeped in music and film-making. His first feature film was the Sex Pistols "Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle and he directed the band’s music video for ‘God Save the Queen’. He has directed numerous music videos for artists including David Bowie, Rolling Stones, Janet Jackson, Sid Vicious and Whitney Houston and - among many film credits - directed Absolute Beginners featuring Bowie and Patsy Kensit, and Bullet featuring Tupac Shakur and Mickey Rourke.

Keith Richards - The Origin Of The Species is directed by Julien Temple and executive produced by Jane Rose for Nitrate Films. The film and Keith Richards’ Lost Weekend were commissioned by and executive produced for the BBC by Jan Younghusband, Head of Music TV Commissioning.

SH

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 7:50pm
That's gonna be cool!

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #4 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 5:44am
I think the recent Twitter pics of Keith in a studio (playing bass and piano) are for this gig, not a Stones record.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)