Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Bill Wyman 80th Birthday Celebration (Read 12,843 times)
sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Bill Wyman 80th Birthday Celebration
Jun 28th, 2016 at 9:06pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
http://wwwcrazymama.blogspot.com/2016/06/bill-wyman-80th-birthday-gala-planned_2...

Bill Wyman’s 80th Birthday Gala will be headlining BluesFest London on October 28, with a stellar line-up of musical friends and special guests.

Held at Indigo at the O2 in London, BluesFest London see’s Bill celebrate his 80th birthday in the only way he knows how – on stage with an amazing line-up of friends and guests.
Confirmed guests include Mark Knopfler, Bob Geldof, Imelda May and Mick Hucknall – with many more guests still to be announced.

JUNE 2016
Bluesfest is an annual festival of all things blues music, and it sees the biggest and best names in blues and classic rock and roll performing in London.
Make sure you book you ticket as soon as they go on sale – check the BluesFest London site for details.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mars
Re: Bill Wyman 80th Birthday Celebration
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 7:32am
Huge 80th birthday concert for Lewisham’s Rolling Stone Bill Wyman announced as part of star-studded BluesFest in Greenwich

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/14582759.80th_birthday_concert_for_Lewisham___...

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Mars
Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 7:34am

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 9:26am
80.. goddamn!

I feel very old when realising that Bill has been almost as long
out of the stones as he was in it...

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 4:12pm
Its a really good line up. Wish I could be in London that weekend to catch it. Sadly very unlikely

http://www.livenation.co.uk/festival/bluesfest-in-partnership-with-american-expr...

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #5 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 7:49pm
Happy Birthday Bill! 80, wow. Nice gig at the O2 ~ I would go if I lived there. The Bad Company gig should be good too, I just saw them recently and it was an awesome show. Long live R&R!

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #6 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 8:06am
Mick Taylor and Peter Frampton should be there. Bill was the producer of Peter Frampton first single with "The Preachers" (1964) pure blues before The Herd and Humble Pie

Peter and Charlie taught him not to dye his hair

(Fingerprints sessions)

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #7 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 10:17pm
Bill Wyman is the best.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #8 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 5:11pm
MrPleasant wrote on Jun 30th, 2016 at 10:17pm:
Bill Wyman is the best.

amen brother. dude layed it down

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #9 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 5:51pm
Happy 80th!

I don't mean to pry, but has anyone heard how Bill's treatment is going? I hope it's going well!

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

straycatuk
Rocks Off Regular

Northern England
Reply #10 - Jul 2nd, 2016 at 6:53pm
Bill's prognosis was good . I think him playing a show is a good sign that it's going well .

Flairville and I have tickets .

sc uk

outcasts all their lives

IP Logged

Rollin92
Rocks Off Regular

Wattsite & Wymanite, better
than Dynamite!

Swansea, UK
Reply #11 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 9:48am
Robert Plant added to the lineup. Director of Bluesfest alludes to more special guests showing up on the night.

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/14693229.Robert_Plant_joins_star_studded...

"I'm not bothered, they can F*** off" - Wyman

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #12 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 10:21am

Happy Happy Birthday Bill !!!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #13 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 1:06pm
Happy Birthday Bill! the best period of The Stones.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #14 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 4:17pm
For the record...Bill's birthday is October 24...just a few days prior to the big show!!

IP Logged

Tom
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #15 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 8:44am
Rock icon turns 80, fans wonder where the time went

Smiths Falls Record News
By Chris Must   

Just a few days ago, the music press announced that Robert Plant (ex-lead singer of Led Zeppelin) would be joining in an Oct. 28 birthday bash for none other than Bill Wyman, the original bassist for The Rolling Stones.

What caught this music fan off guard was the fact that Wyman (born Bill Perks) is celebrating his 80th birthday this year. What the hell?

As someone who was originally inspired to pick up an out of tune six-string acoustic guitar back in 1980 after hearing about the musical and non-musical exploits of Mick and Keith and the other archetypal bad boys of rock, I spent many years dreaming that I might actually get to see these musical heroes in person.

Despite fears that The Rolling Stones would break up for good in the mid-1980s after Mick Jagger launched a solo career, the band stayed together, recorded yet another album, and embarked on a massive tour in 1989. In December of that year the Steel Wheels tour came to Montreal, and I was determined not to miss the show.

It was like a pilgrimage to Mecca. My wife and I, and fellow news reporter George Mather boarded a bus in Smiths Falls and were taken to Olympic Stadium for the Stones concert.

In the event, the venue was packed with thousands of fans, but the acoustics in the concrete stadium ensured that we were treated to one of the largest (and most expensive) garage band shows ever. The guitars and keyboards were very hard to hear, but Mick Jaggers’ vocals, along with Charlie Watts’ drums and the deep, rumbling bass tones supplied by the aforementioned Bill Wyman were clearly audible. This was one of Wyman’s last live gigs with the band he originally joined way back in 1962. He left for good at the end of 1992, three decades later. Considering how long most bands last before they break up, that’s actually an amazingly long haul.

I clearly remember watching that Steel Wheels show in Montreal. I had a piece of cardboard and a pen, and I wrote down each song they played – which, in retrospect, seems like a pretty geeky thing to do. They opened with Start Me Up and closed with Jumping Jack Flash.

Arriving back in Smiths Falls tired but happy in that December of 1989, I recall writing a column for The Record News about the experience. I mentioned that Keith Richards had introduced his song “Happy” with the comment, “Here’s one for Christmas.” I was struck by the warmth of that sentiment, and the very different atmosphere at this concert compared to one the Stones had organized 20 years earlier in California. At Altamont Speedway on Dec. 6, 1969, a spectator was stabbed to death in front of the stage by a member of the Hells Angels, who had agreed to provide “security” at the show in exchange for $500 worth of beer. Must have seemed like a good idea at the time.

The end of the Age of Aquarius and 1969 seem awfully long ago today. In fact, so does 1989, although even then people were making ageist cracks about “The Steel Wheelchair Tour.”

This may just be the inevitable narrow-minded view of a crusty old fart, but I feel very strongly that young people today have no conception of how important music used to be. Whatever The Beatles did was front-page news. In the 1960s, leading rock stars like Paul McCartney and Mick Jagger were asked about their views on life and politics while interviewers waited with bated breath to hear the answers. I have a friend who lives in Carleton Place, who is originally from England. He’s 68, and he remembers being in the audience at the taping of The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus special in 1968, and heading to Hyde Park the following summer for the Stones free concert and tribute to Brian Jones, the ex-Rolling Stone who had just drowned in his swimming pool after being kicked out of the band he had founded. (Rock and roll is a vicious game, as April Wine correctly observed a few years later.) Frank from Carleton Place has another Rolling Stones-related story that shows what a small world this really is. Frank’s father was Bill Wyman’s sergeant when he was in the British Army in Germany fulfilling his mandatory National Service, and was still plain old Bill Perks.

Happy 80th birthday, Mr. Wyman. Your former band mates have out-performed and outlasted the competition for well over five decades. To paraphrase Shakespeare: We shall not look upon their like again.

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #16 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 8:50pm
Any word from the Stones about this? It's very interesting that their last announced show in the States is on the 22nd, and this is tantalizingly positioned for a surprise appearance, especially with the new album. Still, you can count on the Stones to miss a massive opportunity like this to get in all the papers, and have some amazing duets.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #17 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 6:00am
The Wick wrote on Oct 11th, 2016 at 8:50pm:
Any word from the Stones about this? It's very interesting that their last announced show in the States is on the 22nd, and this is tantalizingly positioned for a surprise appearance, especially with the new album. Still, you can count on the Stones to miss a massive opportunity like this to get in all the papers, and have some amazing duets.

Going back to the 2nd Las Vegas show thread...Gazza did point out the wording of the shows sales date announcement that specified that Vegas #2
was to be the last US show in 2016 for the Stones...blah blah blah....so...maybe...???

IP Logged

Irina
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #18 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 9:02am
Happy Birthday Bill Smiley ...

IP Logged

Rollin92
Rocks Off Regular

Wattsite & Wymanite, better
than Dynamite!

Swansea, UK
Reply #19 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 6:17am
Some of the Stones will definitely be there by the looks of it.

Hollie Stephenson one of the acts at Bluesfest today confirmed that she will be performing at Bill's gig.

http://www.standard.co.uk/goingout/music/singer-hollie-stephenson-18-joins-stell...

A post below on her social media confirms that some Stones will be playing

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ3-Q0jDJt-/?taken-by=hollie_b7

"I'm not bothered, they can F*** off" - Wyman

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #20 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 10:25am
LOL she's only 18 years old and very sexy!

Beware  Boring post

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #21 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 1:03am
God love 'im if he can get to it.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #22 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 3:54pm
Around The World In 80 Years,  Proud Chelsea, London - October 24, 2016 © Davis Benett

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #23 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 6:33pm
Another great marketing opportunity blown. Aside from the marketing, you'd think a bunch of multimillionaires could show up for their old friend's 80th, especially with a blues album to plug. It is pretty amazing how little they give a toss unless there is a big tour involved.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #24 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 7:09pm
The Wick wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 6:33pm:
Another great marketing opportunity blown. Aside from the marketing, you'd think a bunch of multimillionaires could show up for their old friend's 80th, especially with a blues album to plug. It is pretty amazing how little they give a toss unless there is a big tour involved.

I thought they were supposed to show up?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #25 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 7:42pm
you'd think a bunch of multimillionaires could show up for their old friend's 80th

.......but were they really all that friendly?

I'm thinking not, but could it also be that they didn't want to get in the way of this lifetime achievement award:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/lifetime-achievement-acc...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #26 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 8:36pm
Edith Grove wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 7:42pm:
you'd think a bunch of multimillionaires could show up for their old friend's 80th

.......but were they really all that friendly?

I'm thinking not, but could it also be that they didn't want to get in the way of this lifetime achievement award:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/lifetime-achievement-acc...

WOW! I haven't really kept up with this birthday bash thread or the event itself.
I had no idea about this Lifetime Achievement award and the entire Bluesfest tie-in.

I say, either they did not want to overshadow Bill's night...however, letting a great marketing chance slip by to plug a covers album which wont sell as we many of us think (including this Android) is not a smart thing...

or

Jagger's ego prevented them from doing so...akin to Bill's and Taylor's limited participation in 2012 for the 50th anniversary events and shows that followed

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #27 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 9:32pm
GRRR! Apparently it was a live stream

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #28 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 9:35pm
It will be a broacast tomorrow

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #29 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 4:54am
Apart from something personal like a family issue that makes this understandable is that Mick may have wanted to give his voice a rest after the shows and the illness he had at the end. However, I am guessing that they wouldn't have shown up even if everything was fine.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #30 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 8:30am
With Robert Plant, Indigo at The O2 Arena, London - October 28, 2016 © Davis Benett

IP Logged

straycatuk
Rocks Off Regular

Northern England
Reply #31 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 11:30am
A great gig last night.Highlights for me were Joe Brown's opening Ruby Tuesday, Van Morrison's set and Mick Hucknell's numbers.
Bill was great on You Never Can Tell and Je Suis Un Rock Star. We got a fantastic Beast of Burden with Hollie? on Vocals. Nice to hear Bill on the bottom end of that song again !

Maybe it's just me, but R.Plant does nothing for me as a vocalist and Geldof still desperately wants to be Jagger.

Bill Wyman IS missed . He should have been invited to play on the Blues album

sc uk

outcasts all their lives

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #32 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 12:14pm

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #33 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 3:20pm
I fucking love Robert Plant...am pleased he's friends with Billy Wyman.

Memo to Robert...bring your sexiest curly locks back asap. 

Interesting to me... RP wants nothing with an LZ reunion tour, but he will prance around for Bill Wyman.

Happy Birthday Bill Wyman!!!  Thank you kindly for the music!

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Buffalo,NY
Reply #34 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 4:21pm
They  Really didn't attend. Hmmmmm= Makes 1 wonder

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #35 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 7:27pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #36 - Oct 30th, 2016 at 8:27pm
With Beverley Skeete, Terry Taylor, Mollie Marriott (daughter of Steve "fucking" Marriott), Steven Van Zandt, Bob Geldof, Imelda May, Mick Hucknall and Robert Plant, Indigo at The O2 Arena, London - October 28, 2016 © Davis Benett

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #37 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 7:43pm
Posted by Rogerriffin at our message board in Spanish, don't know the original source, already asked him but anyways, thanks a LOT!

Ahi les dejo el Audio completo: https://we.tl/su0VvyHTzK

este fue el set:

01 Intro
02 Ruby Tuesday (Joe Brown)
03 Tulsa Time (Joe Brown)
04 Summertime Blues (Joe Brown)
05 Donnegan's Gone (Joe Brown & Mark Knopfler)
06 Song for Sonny Liston (Mark Knopfler)
07 Playtime Deluxe (Mark Knopfler)
08 Mule Skinner Blues (Mark Knopfler & Van Morrison)
09 I Believe to My Soul (Van Morrison)
10 Mean Old World (Van Morrison)
11 Instrumental Jam
12 Harlem Shuffle (Andy Fair Weather Low)
13 I Shall Not Be Moved (Andy Fair Weather Low)
14 You Never Can Tell (Bill Wyman)
15 Intro
16 Instrumental (Jazz Guitar Pieces) (Martin Taylor)
17 Beast Of Burdon (Hollie Stephenson)
18 Time Is On My Side (Hollie Stephenson)
19 Little Red Rooster (Bob Geldof and Steven Van Zandt)
20 Route 66 (Bob Geldof and Steven Van Zandt)
21 Je Suis Un Rockstar (Bill Wyman)
22 I'm King Bee (Mick Hucknall)
23 Reconsider Baby (Mick Hucknall)
24 6345789 (Mick Hucknall)
25 Mans World (Beverley Skeete)
26 Tell You A Secret (Mike Sanchez)
27 Let The Good Times Roll (Mike Sanchez & Imelda May)
28 I'm Crying (Imelda May)
29 I Feel So Bad (Robert Plant & Imelda May)
30 Let That Boogie Woogie Roll (Robert Plant & Imelda May)
31 I Need Your Lovin' Eveyday (Robert Plant & Imelda May)

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #38 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 1:04pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #39 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 1:04pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #40 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 1:09pm

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #41 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 2:42pm

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Oct 31st, 2016 at 7:43pm:
Posted by Rogerriffin at our message board in Spanish, don't know the original source, already asked him but anyways, thanks a LOT!

este fue el set:

01 Intro
11 Instrumental Jam
15 Intro

Cant beleive...at least 6 songs that the Stones or some of them could have been featured on...

I wonder if the Stones songs were there in anticipation of them ( some of them...one of them...) appearing...??

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #42 - Nov 2nd, 2016 at 2:19pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Oct 31st, 2016 at 7:43pm:

este fue el set:

01 Intro
11 Instrumental Jam
15 Intro

Bob Geldof and Steven Van Zandt. Now that's a hell of a pairing. You rock! really? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)