Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Stones in Vegas October 19 & 22. ***update - first show is 'cancelled' (Read 20,853 times)
Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Re: Stones in Vegas October 19th!
Reply #25 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 9:34pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
LustForLeith wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 2:42pm:
I'm going to wait to see if they announce another show and try my best to get tickets for that one. I'm sure Keith Urban is playing the same venue a few days after. Not sure if they'd schedule another show for after that. Would it be common for acts to play a venue sandwiched in between dates from another act?

Happens all the time but more so for Hockey or Basketball games between concerts......heck...I have seen MSG go from Circus to Hockey to BBall in 10 hours...

The event itself is not an issue for the grips...they do it all the time...

Good Luck and personally...I vote for Corsica...

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #26 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 2:37am
Bitch wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 7:52pm:
Tickets are still available for $750 all the way in the back. No thanks!

so basically there are no tickets left.

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

LustForLeith
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Edinburgh
Reply #27 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 6:57am
Hope they announce another show soon and it's when we're there and we get tickets for it. Not asking for much!

IP Logged

LustForLeith
Rocks Off Regular

Edinburgh
Reply #28 - Jul 21st, 2016 at 7:14am
Been on holiday then in hospital (what a fortnight!) so catching up with stuff but anyone heard they're also playing the 20th October as well in Vegas?!

Fingers crossed!

IP Logged

LustForLeith
Rocks Off Regular

Edinburgh
Reply #29 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 5:38am
The plot thickens!!

The 1975 are also playing on the 19 and I think there's still tickets left for their show. Would quite like to see them but first preference is to see The Stones!

So hoping a new Vegas Stone show is announced soon for the time I'm there and that I go to see the 1975 on the 19th too!

Not asking for much..!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #30 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 7:32pm
Someone in the Shidoobee Facebook group is saying that the Stones have added a second Vegas show. Oct.22nd, Tickets on sale Sept. 16. No official confirmation anywhere. But this guy is pretty insistent..................In a Fox news, if you say it loud enough it'll make it true kind of way. Fair and balanced my ass..................but, you never know. Nanker Are you fucking serious? Blank Frigging Stare

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #31 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 9:15am
http://www.kfox.com/contest/rolling-stones-las-vegas

" Rolling Stones in Las Vegas!

Qualify during the Mystery Riff!

SEPTEMBER 1, 2016
During the month of September all qualifiers for the Mystery Riff with Chris Jackson will go into a drawing for:

2 Premium Tickets to the show on 10/22
Dinner for 2 at a Las Vegas Resort
Overnight stay at a Las Vegas Resort
Roundtrip airfare for 2 to Las Vegas , NV in the form of a $500 Giftcard.
TAGS:  live music las vegas travel gambling "
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2016 at 9:51am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #32 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 9:32am

http://songmango.com/rolling-stones-to-announce-2nd-las-vegas-show/

" Rolling Stones To Announce 2nd Las Vegas Show
by STEVE SPOHN

The Rolling Stones are set to officially announce a second show in Las Vegas at the brand-new T-Mobile Arena on Saturday, October 22, 2016.
Tickets go on sale Friday, September 16th at 10AM at AXS.com.

The iconic band already has a gig slated for Wednesday, October 19, 2016, at the same Vegas venue. It will be the first time The Stones – Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood – have played Vegas in three years. The band last performed in Sin City in May of 2013 as part of their 50 & Counting Tour.

According to The Rolling Stones website:
The band will continue to mesmerise their generations of fans with a set packed full of classic Stones hits such as ‘Gimme Shelter’, ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction’, ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’, ‘Sympathy For The Devil’, ‘Start Me Up’ and ‘Miss You’ as well as special gems from their extraordinary catalogue.
Here’s more on the previously scheduled Vegas date (October 19th):
The Rolling Stones will be live in Las Vegas on Wednesday, October 19th at the brand new T-Mobile Arena. The show will come on the heels of the band’s performances at the legendary concert event Desert Trip in Indio, California October 7 and 14. "
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2016 at 9:51am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #33 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 9:37am

<   ------------        ************  {   "  IT'S OFFICIAL !!!!!!   "   }  *****************

https://www.facebook.com/therollingstones/?fref=nf

" Las Vegas – a second and final show has been added Saturday, October 22 at T-Mobile Arena. Tickets on sale Friday, September 16 at 10am. #StonesVegas  "

" "Due to overwhelming demand, The Rolling Stones have announced a second and final Las Vegas show on Saturday, October 22 at T-Mobile Arena. This will be the iconic band’s last U.S. show of 2016 and will come on the heels of their performances at the legendary concert event Desert Trip in Indio, California" 
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2016 at 9:44am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: Stones in Vegas October 19th & 22nd - updated
Reply #34 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 10:02am
Las Vegas Show 2 Announced - App Pre-Sale September 14

Due to overwhelming demand, The Rolling Stones have announced a second and final Las Vegas show on Saturday, October 22 at T-Mobile Arena.  This will be the band’s last U.S. show of 2016. A limited pre-sale will be taking place, on a first come first served basis, for App users starting Wednesday September 14 at 10am PT/6pm BST and ending 10pm PT/6am BST.  Check back to the App for your exclusive link and password at the time the pre-sale starts.
General on sale starts Friday, September 16 at 10am PT at AXS.com.  #StonesVegas
https://rolling-stones.disciplemedia.com/posts/23580?sh=iAeeFlR3

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #35 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 10:05am
Am I reading into this too much or is the wording "Last US Show of 2016" significant?

Why emphasise "US" if there were going to be no other shows anywhere this year after it?

Maybe we can expect something closer to home to promote a new record if it comes out before the end of the year?

... ... ...
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Stones in Vegas October 19th ** Second show added on October 22nd**
Reply #36 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 10:20am
Gazza wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 10:05am:
Am I reading into this too much or is the wording "Last US Show of 2016" significant?

Why emphasise "US" if there were going to be no other shows anywhere this year after it?

Maybe we can expect something closer to home to promote a new record if it comes out before the end of the year?

Great Point Gazza    -- perhaps The O2 in November or December ?

Glastonbury 2017   .... ?!

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/how-to-get-tickets-for-glastonbury-2017-all-t...

" With no festival scheduled to take place at Worthy Farm in 2018 (to allow the farm to recover from years of welly-trampling), 2017’s festival will be the last edition held at the current location until 2019, and if rumours are to be believed, possibly the last ever.   "

Developing .............. 
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2016 at 11:22am by Joey »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #37 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 4:04pm
This will be the band’s last U.S. show of 2016....................What the fuckity fuck is up with that?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Maxmeister
Rocks Off Regular

Locked, cocked and ready
to rock!

Reply #38 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 4:15pm
It very well could be the last U.S. gig ever, whether by choice or otherwise.
I'm guessing that the 12-15 gig tours may be a thing of the past.
Speculation of Europe next summer probably is a good bet, if they still want to do it.

Rick

Vegas just could be my last time.

Always know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

IP Logged

Honey Of A Girl
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #39 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 7:23pm

And why emphasize 2016? Maybe 2017? No way they will do nothing to promote a new album. And as long as these guys keep making babies and albums they will tour! That's my thinking. Perhaps it's wishful thinking...but it's logical too right?

Anyone heading to this second show? No Oldchella or first Vegas show for me. But I think this one is in the cards!!! Smell ya there!

A.S.S. 

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #40 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 7:48pm
Honey Of A Girl wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 7:23pm:

And why emphasize 2016? Maybe 2017? No way they will do nothing to promote a new album. And as long as these guys keep making babies and albums they will tour! That's my thinking. Perhaps it's wishful thinking...but it's logical too right?

Anyone heading to this second show? No Oldchella or first Vegas show for me. But I think this one is in the cards!!! Smell ya there!

Oh they'll tour beyond 2016 OK. Europe 2017 is pretty much a lock at this point.

The wording is just a bit strange. "Last show of 2016" would have been sufficient in itself. The "US" addition seems superfluous unless they have something lined up elsewhere before the end of the year.

If, as has been speculated, they will be releasing a new (blues) record this side of Christmas its inconceivable that an 'active' band wouldnt  be doing some live performances around the time of its release to promote it.

... ... ...
IP Logged

straycatuk
Rocks Off Regular

Northern England
Reply #41 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 10:45am
Gazza wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 7:48pm:
Honey Of A Girl wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 7:23pm:

Oh they'll tour beyond 2016 OK. Europe 2017 is pretty much a lock at this point.

The wording is just a bit strange. "Last show of 2016" would have been sufficient in itself. The "US" addition seems superfluous unless they have something lined up elsewhere before the end of the year.

If, as has been speculated, they will be releasing a new (blues) record this side of Christmas its inconceivable that an 'active' band wouldnt  be doing some live performances around the time of its release to promote it.

Yes indeed Gazza.....They need a new album to sell merchandise etc . Oh! you meant the songs ? Silly me.

sc uk

outcasts all their lives

IP Logged

LustForLeith
Rocks Off Regular

Edinburgh
Reply #42 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 2:18am
Delighted! My prayers have been answered!

Not really been thinking much about my holiday to Vegas, been quite down with other stuff. This news has perked me up a bit!

I have downloaded the app. Anyone had pre sale tickets before? How easy is it to get them?!

As it is glad I held off from buying first date tickets and over inflated prices, hoping my gamble (pardon the pun!) pays off!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #43 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 5:06am
LustForLeith wrote on Sep 10th, 2016 at 2:18am:
Delighted! My prayers have been answered!

Not really been thinking much about my holiday to Vegas, been quite down with other stuff. This news has perked me up a bit!

I have downloaded the app. Anyone had pre sale tickets before? How easy is it to get them?!

As it is glad I held off from buying first date tickets and over inflated prices, hoping my gamble (pardon the pun!) pays off!

Glad to hear you got the news you wanted!

I've done pre-sale tickets before with mixed results.
Got FOS in Boise back in '06, but other times felt like they were selling from the back of the venue for the people scoring early tickets.

Since this will be the last show for a while, I'd go ahead with the pre-sale and make sure how you want your tickets delivered.
You don't want those tickets posted to you if you'll already be Stateside when they're mailed.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

LustForLeith
Rocks Off Regular

Edinburgh
Reply #44 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 6:44am
Missed the pere sale then had problems tryign to get tickets when they went on sale!

Don't have tickets yet but noticed the second gig hasn't sold out. My plan is to keep that date free and then see what happens nearer the time. A lot of people sellign tickets and already over inflated prices might reduce them if the concert isn't sold out!

Failing that, anyone know if there will be Stoens fans meetign up before the gigs who'll either be goign to the concert or nearby to soak in the atmosphere?!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #45 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 11:07am
LustForLeith wrote on Sep 24th, 2016 at 6:44am:
Missed the pere sale then had problems tryign to get tickets when they went on sale!

Don't have tickets yet but noticed the second gig hasn't sold out. My plan is to keep that date free and then see what happens nearer the time. A lot of people sellign tickets and already over inflated prices might reduce them if the concert isn't sold out!

Failing that, anyone know if there will be Stoens fans meetign up before the gigs who'll either be goign to the concert or nearby to soak in the atmosphere?!

The October 22nd gig is currently " WIDE OPEN !!!!!  "

Keith must be furious :

" We are talking ' TREE PAPERING ' next week , Ronnie Cakes  "

Paper 'kins
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2016 at 11:09am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #46 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 2:10pm
Egon wrote on Jun 30th, 2016 at 2:37am:
Bitch wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 7:52pm:
Tickets are still available for $750 all the way in the back. No thanks!

so basically there are no tickets left.

Me Arse !!!!!

*************  { OCTOBER 22nd is : " WIDE OPEN !!!!!  "  }  *************

« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2016 at 8:06am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #47 - Oct 18th, 2016 at 12:31pm
24 hours till show time
(more/less)

IP Logged

job
Rocks Off Regular

The last of the hard core
troubadours.

Orange County, California
Reply #48 - Oct 18th, 2016 at 4:30pm
Vegas-bound in the morning!!!  Woooohooooo!!!!

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #49 - Oct 18th, 2016 at 7:16pm
Surprise...ALL price ranges available at the moment ( except the $75 seats...)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)