Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Building the stage, Houston, TX - April 2024 © Alesia Turner with thanks to christijanus and Rogerriffin

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bishop sings to the Rolling Stones tune for flood victims (Read 692 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Bishop sings to the Rolling Stones tune for flood victims
May 18th, 2016 at 1:23pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Bishop sings to the Rolling Stones tune for flood victims

Wed 18 May 2016
By Alex Williams

An Anglican bishop has written a song to the tune of the Rolling Stones' song Paint It Black in a bid to help families facing "terrible conditions" due to flooding in Bangladesh.

Rt Revd Jonathan Meyrick, the Bishop of Lynn, has put pen to paper in support of Christian Aid Week, which is this year particularly highlighting the blight of flooded communities in the South Asian nation.

Bishop Jonathan said: "The situation for people living on the rivers in Bangladesh is shocking.

"I wrote the words to this song as a reflection on the plight of people facing terrible conditions which could lead to despair but with love and the work of Christian Aid there is hope.

"This Christian Aid week I hope people will respond generously."

Bishop Jonathan is known for his love of rock music.

He has previously recorded a charity CD and took part in ITV's Stars in Their Eyes dressed as Reg Presley and singing Wild Thing.

Already watched by hundreds of people on YouTube, the video was filmed at St Faith's Church in King's Lynn but also shows audiences what life has been like for flood-hit families in Bangladesh.

Christian Aid says it's Home Safety Package (worth £250) provides an earth plinth, raising a home 6-8ft above water, creating "a safe place for a family to rebuild their home and safely keep livestock".

The package also includes a goat, seeds and a wormery, all of which will provide long-term income opportunities.

http://www.premier.org.uk/News/UK/Bishop-sings-to-the-Rolling-Stones-tune-for-fl...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Re: Bishop sings to the Rolling Stones tune for flood victims
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 9:05pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
It seems like an odd song for flood victims but if it helped anyone feel better than it was a good idea.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)