Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Stones Festival Show? (Read 27,122 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Stones Festival Show?
Reply #100 - May 12th, 2016 at 1:08pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Edith Grove wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 8:25pm:
Paranoid Android wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 7:39pm:
The following actions will result in immediate ejection:

Urinating in public (anywhere other than a proper restroom).
    Fighting or engaging in any action that may harm, endanger, threaten or bring discomfort to anyone.
    Engaging in sexual behavior in public.
    Possession, use or sale of any illegal drugs.
    Damage, destruction, vandalism or theft of any property.

Well, that decides it. I ain't going!

My ' Shy Bladder ' prohibits me from attending these festivals ......

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #101 - May 12th, 2016 at 1:26pm
Joey wrote on May 12th, 2016 at 1:08pm:
My ' Shy Bladder ' prohibits me from attending these festivals ......

You're not shy on the other end.......

Phew!! Stinkykins!!  Stinky post

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #102 - May 12th, 2016 at 3:09pm
Some Guy wrote on May 12th, 2016 at 12:24pm:
sirmoonie wrote on May 12th, 2016 at 12:07am:
sweetcharmedlife wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 6:40pm:
sirmoonie wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 2:59pm:
Maybe if they include the Eagles, a lot more people on this board will decide to go?

And maybe if you weren't such a douche. This board might have more people...................Developing.

What?  Just because your band got schlonged again?  Whoah, Jesus.  May as well string me up by the neck, the way you're talking.  Holy hell.  Just grab a noose, why don't you, and string me up like a goddam para-diddle.  Right here in front of everybody.  Go ahead, skewer me like a Penitent, for Chrissakes.  My god, hell hath no fury over there, huh?  Knickers in a twist.  Balls in an uproar.  We got Adam's pajamas posting here.  Jesus fucking Christ with this.  My god.

moonlight, he may have a valid point regarding the douche issue. I mean it's all right there, just check the archives.

Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #103 - May 12th, 2016 at 7:31pm
gimmekeef wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 10:20am:
Some Guy wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 8:30am:
Will there be transgender porta potties?

I'm sure they will allow Joey to piss wherever he wants.

NOT TRUE!!
According to the "code of Conduct" page:

http://ww2.deserttrip.com/code-of-conduct/

The following actions can result in a warning or ejection:

Irresponsible use of alcohol.
    Public nudity or obscene clothing.
    Accessing restricted areas without proper passes.
    Taunting, abusive or disruptive language and obscene or offensive gestures, imagery or symbolism.

Fighting or engaging in any action that may harm, endanger, threaten or bring discomfort to anyone.

American festivals must be shit. Where I live, theres actually a 'conditions of entry' box on ticketmaster where you agree to indulge in all of the above.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #104 - May 12th, 2016 at 10:41pm
Sir M has a lovely way with worms. He is both the wasp's and the bee's kneecaps. He is the best thing since liced beds. Sharp as a button. Don't knock the guvnor.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #105 - May 13th, 2016 at 7:56am
Gazza wrote on May 12th, 2016 at 7:31pm:
gimmekeef wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 10:20am:
Some Guy wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 8:30am:
Will there be transgender porta potties?

I'm sure they will allow Joey to piss wherever he wants.

NOT TRUE!!
According to the "code of Conduct" page:

http://ww2.deserttrip.com/code-of-conduct/

The following actions can result in a warning or ejection:

Irresponsible use of alcohol.
    Public nudity or obscene clothing.
    Accessing restricted areas without proper passes.
    Taunting, abusive or disruptive language and obscene or offensive gestures, imagery or symbolism.

American festivals must be shit. Where I live, theres actually a 'conditions of entry' box on ticketmaster where you agree to indulge in all of the above.

We may or may not have invented sex, drugs and rock and roll… but we definitely killed it…

there's a few smaller events in the USA, but even Punk Rock
Bowling is getting ruined… all good things must pass… but, rock and roll and the decadent party with it, is over for the most part.

The best wat to tell if something is bullshit. If the ticket prices are reasonable, but parking, travel and lodging are high… it's lame. It's not a concert, it's just an industry and your a consumer.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #106 - May 13th, 2016 at 8:46am

Gazza ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #107 - May 13th, 2016 at 10:46am

COMEDY GOLD , RIGHT THERE!!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #108 - May 17th, 2016 at 5:21am
Love the Stones, Love Dylan, Love Paul . . . So Here’s Why I Won’t Be Attending Desert Trip This Fall

05/16/2016

David Hinckley
Writer, Bob Dylan fan, memorized every line in ‘Casablanca’

With all due modesty, I am exactly the person for whom this fall’s Desert Trip rock festival was put together.

And I won’t be there.

Not that anyone will miss me when the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, the Who and Roger Waters stroll god-like onto the Empire Polo Club stage in Indio, Calif., the weekends of Oct. 7-9 and 14-16.

Some 150,000 tickets for the two weekends sold out in about five hours, though much of the real ticket-buying action is just now getting under way.

This show is every scalper’s fantasy, oops, I mean the secondary market is well-positioned. It’s a cool ticket where the target customer has money to spend and is 99.5% pre-sold.

One click and that $199 three-day pass can become a $2,000 gift for yourself.

Anyhow, getting back to the subject of me, I couldn’t be a more perfect fit for this show if I had been created as a hologram by the concert promoters.

I’m 67. I grew up with all those acts. I agree with Johnny Cash that Dylan is the greatest writer of our time. I listen to him every day. I love the Stones, McCartney and the Who. I’ve seen all these acts but Waters in concert multiple times, going back to the fall of 1965, when my friend Mark and I saw Dylan at the Bushnell Auditorium in Hartford, Conn., and the Stones in New Haven. For the record, the Stones’s top-40 hit at the time was “Get Off Of My Cloud.” Dylan’s was “Positively 4th Street.”

In the years since, I never fulfilled my parents’ assumption that I would outgrow rock ‘n’ roll. I found other music I liked, but that only expanded the playlist. It never elbowed rock ‘n’ roll aside.

The artists who will be playing Desert Trip are all over my iPod.

There’s also nothing like a live show and I don’t mind traveling to see one. My friend Barry and I flew to Dublin in 2006 for Bruce Springsteen’s “Sessions” shows and I’d do that again tomorrow.

Nor do I avoid mega-shows. I went to Woodstock, Woodstock II, the first Farm Aid, Live Aid and a spectacular day-long rhythm and blues concert in Burlington, N.J., in 1983.

So why don’t I feel any urge to see Desert Trip, a once-in-a-lifetime summit bringing together some of the most towering survivors of rock ‘n’ roll?

Well, for starters - let’s get the most awkward part out of the way first - some of these artists aren’t quite the live acts they used to be.

That’s not their fault. They’re mostly in their 70s, which, trust me, is different from your 20s.

It’s great they’re still around and performing. But the once-in-a-lifetime part of this show also has a disquieting subtext of last-in-a-lifetime. Let’s hear “Hey Jude,” “Mr. Tambourine Man,” “Can’t Explain” and “Jumping Jack Flash” one final epic time before all these guys are, you know, gone.

It’s a nostalgia package - something the Stones embraced years ago with astounding success while Young and Dylan, in particular, have at times tried to resist.

Now there’s nothing wrong with hearing a great song again. Music helps define our past, and Desert Trip feels a little like a giant piñata. Take a swing and see what part of your life pops out.

Maybe it’s the sheer scope of the package that makes me hesitant. At a certain point, putting more sugar in the lemonade doesn’t keep making it better.

Or maybe it’s the fact, hardly unique to Desert Trip, that rock ‘n’ roll concerts in recent years have felt less like a place to sit down and hear some tunes than finely calculated corporate products.

Expensive corporate products, accessorized with expensive merchandise. The tab for a T-shirt would feed a family of five for a month in much of the world.

While no one begrudges artists a decent living, music has always been the most democratic and accessible part of popular culture. It’s depressing that concerts seem increasingly like pro sports events: a playground and perk for people with lots of money.

And then finally, there’s this: For an old guy like me, attending Desert Trip would be a lot of work.

When you’re young and everything functions well, you don’t mind spending hours to get there, stand in lines, hang around. It’s part of the deal.

When you’re older, that part gets less fun.

Probably 20 years ago, I was interviewing Mick Jagger and asked him if, as a fan, he still liked concerts.

Sure, he said, but as he had gotten older his idea of the perfect concert had evolved. He’d like it to start around 8 p.m., he said, and be over by 8:45.

Certainly there are exceptions. Ask the band in which Mick Jagger sings. But I knew what he meant.

I have a granddaughter, Sarah, who went to the Empire Polo Club last year for Coachella. She was there for a couple of days. She loved it.

I’m not ready to pass the whole concert torch to her yet. But some things are more worth it when you’re 23.

Brilliant as so much of the music from these artists has been, Desert Trip sounds a little too much like a hard day’s night.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-hinckley/love-the-stones-love-dyla_b_9998370...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #109 - May 17th, 2016 at 10:40am
isn't david hinckley the lennon shooter? whats he doin writing for the huffing post?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #110 - May 17th, 2016 at 11:04am
mojoman wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 10:40am:
isn't david hinckley the lennon shooter? whats he doin writing for the huffing post?

Chapman shot Lennon. John Hinckley shot Reagan.

I hope they both rot in prison. Have a nice day! Smiley

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #111 - May 17th, 2016 at 4:19pm
Well, here's another take on the subject:

Desert Trip is The Summer’s Priciest Festival, But Tickets Are More of a Bargain Than You Think

05/17/2016

Jesse Lawrence
CEO, TiqIQ

Desert Trip is on its way to becoming the most expensive music festival of the summer — by a long shot. Last week, Coachella festival organizers announced a mega-festival featuring performances from the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, The Who, Neil Young and Roger Waters to be held over two weekends on October 9-11 and October 16-18 in Indio, California.

“Oldchella” fans (and brokers) went rabid for tickets, forcing primary tickets to sell out in just three hours, with hundreds of passes hitting the secondary market shortly after. Estimates predict that Desert Trip will gross over $150 million over the two weekends, with the headlining acts taking home an estimate of $6 to $9 million for their appearance on stage.

Desert Trip’s expected gross is so high because tickets are pricier than any festival this summer. At the time tickets went on sale, general admission prices for Desert Trip were set at $199 for a single day pass, while a three-day pass began $399. A three-day pass with admission to the standing pit in front of the stage (floor seats) was priced at $1,599. To compare, the next-priciest festival, Coachella, broke the record for highest gross of any festival in 2015 when it raked in a whopping $84 million from a total of 198,000 tickets sold, and resale 3-day passes averaged just $871. If the gross estimates for Desert Trip prove to be accurate, the festival is already on track to rake in more than $60 million than the next-priciest festival. It’s unlikely — if not impossible — that any festival this summer will come close to that number.

Despite the huge expense for classic rock fans, the festival still offers fans more of a bargain than the average music fan might suspect. In terms of floor seat ticket prices, each act on the bill is known to post pricey floor tickets on their respective solo headlining shows.

Neil Young & Promise of Real’s 2015 string of shows on the Rebel Content Tour saw resale floor seat prices that averaged $220 for all dates. Bob Dylan’s current summer tour with Mavis Staples is seeing floor seat ticket prices just above that average, as his summer dates are clocking in at $290. Sir Paul McCartney’s tour dates aren’t exactly cheap for fans either, as his 2016 tour dates are posting floor seat ticket averages of $590. Roger Waters from Pink Floyd last took to the road for a major tour in 2012, and his floor seats averaged $379 per ticket across all of his performances.

The Rolling Stones are, by far, the most expensive solo show of any of the headliners. The band’s epic 2015 Zip Code Tour had floor seats averaging $1,177 for all of their performances, and although they brought along awesome opening acts (Ed Sheeran, Walk The Moon, etc.), not a single performance featured support as epic or rare as the collective lineup for Desert Trip.

In total, a floor seat to every headlining act’s solo show would be well over the average price of resale floor seat ticket. Currently, a resale three-day pass for floor seats to Desert Trip are averaging $2,661 for Weekend One, while Weekend Two passes are averaging just $2,068, according to data provided by TiqIQ. Although the prices may seem outrageous, they’re considerably cheaper than the cost of seeing each artist independently.

Other lodging options, like airbnb as listed on travel site Hipmunk.com, offers travelers affordable ways to keep the overall festival cost down. Desert Trip boasts a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and so ticket costs adequately and fairly reflect its epicness.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse-lawrence/desert-trip-is-the-summer_b_9991966...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #112 - May 18th, 2016 at 7:54am
Edith Grove wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 11:04am:
mojoman wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 10:40am:

Chapman shot Lennon. John Hinckley shot Reagan.

I hope they both rot in prison. Have a nice day! Smiley

Other than that he's spot on. Waka Jawaka

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #113 - May 21st, 2016 at 7:06am
Jesus Christ, the way you're talking, just string me up by the heels, why don't you?  Strung by the nads.  They way you're talking, just haul off and string me up with a ponticlear-noose.  Smith at Carthage.  Hang Bert Cates from the sour apple tree!  Hang Bert Cates from the sour apple tree!  Jesus Christ, the way you're talking, oh boy, I dunno, just get a rope and string me up.  Throw me off a cliff, why not?  I've got the conch!  I've got the conch! Dysgenics.  Stanford-Binet.  APGAR.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #114 - May 21st, 2016 at 7:36am
My hunch is that in a few months after the scalpers and other rip off insiders have made their $$$ a Pay Per View is announced. Perhaps like The Dead shows in Chicago last year. Imagine the extra $ from that worldwide? All three nights for maybe $129 or one specific night for $75 (something like that. Plus two weekends to do that? Timing for the East Coast and Europe might make it difficult so maybe e delayed edited show....anyway.....they are going to milk this golden cow!

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #115 - May 21st, 2016 at 8:22am
gimmekeef wrote on May 21st, 2016 at 7:36am:
My hunch is that in a few months after the scalpers and other rip off insiders have made their $$$ a Pay Per View is announced. Perhaps like The Dead shows in Chicago last year. Imagine the extra $ from that worldwide? All three nights for maybe $129 or one specific night for $75 (something like that. Plus two weekends to do that? Timing for the East Coast and Europe might make it difficult so maybe e delayed edited show....anyway.....they are going to milk this golden cow!

Yeah, the Dead shows are a good example. I bought a couple and I think you had 30 days to watch them before the link expired. $75 might be steep. But it's not a bad idea.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #116 - May 21st, 2016 at 8:51am
Never been a fan of the PPV concert experience...and that 40Licks telecast was such a POS that it tainted me for life.

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #117 - May 21st, 2016 at 2:51pm
Could they not do a show with Taylor Swift instead? Even with visual / aesthetic distortions created by Moontrouser's possible 'Cid, to be amongst that many ol' folk sounds extremely depressing / chilling.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)