Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Listen to a Firsthand Account of Mick Jagger and Keith Richard’s Tumultuous Friendship (Read 3,461 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Listen to a Firsthand Account of Mick Jagger and Keith Richard’s Tumultuous Friendship
Apr 12th, 2016 at 2:20pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Listen to a Firsthand Account of Mick Jagger and Keith Richard’s Tumultuous Friendship

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2016/04/mick-jagger-keith-richards-friendship-...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Listen to a Firsthand Account of Mick Jagger and Keith Richard’s Tumultuous Friendship
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 1:34pm
Heroin addict Keith Richards was on brink of death and unconscious for days as he quit the drug - and doctors feared his daughter would be born an addict too

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3546261/Heroin-addict-Keith-Richards-bri...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Re: Listen to a Firsthand Account of Mick Jagger and Keith Richard’s Tumultuous Friendship
Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 4:48pm
Never heard of the Cohen guy, but he sounds like a fishhead/fishface.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 5:24pm
Rich Cohen is a fvcking douchebag! MICK is monstrous? Yeah, thats why people from every fvcking country in the world love him, because he brings happiness and joy to millions of people. Now he's trying to make money off of MICK's name! WHAT AN ASSHOLE!

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 5:44pm
I'd like to pummel him.  Cohen, that is.  I'd like to pummel Cohen.  Wrap his panty hose around face like a spit-sock, and box his ears for him.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Portland, OR
Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 7:40pm
Bitch wrote on Apr 18th, 2016 at 5:24pm:
Rich Cohen is a fvcking douchebag! MICK is monstrous? Yeah, thats why people from every fvcking country in the world love him, because he brings happiness and joy to millions of people. Now he's trying to make money off of MICK's name! WHAT AN ASSHOLE!

As a co-creator of "Vinyl," Rich Cohen must have had direct dealings with Mick and clearly knows him better than any of us do.  And it is Mick Jagger's performing that "brings happiness and joy to millions of people," not his personality; eyewitness reports on the latter are mixed at best.

"The ROLLING STONES are more than just a group--they are a way of life."--Andrew Loog Oldham

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #6 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:42pm
sirmoonie wrote on Apr 18th, 2016 at 5:44pm:
I'd like to pummel him.  Cohen, that is.  I'd like to pummel Cohen.  Wrap his panty hose around face like a spit-sock, and box his ears for him.

Don't wrap the pantyhose across his ears. When you box someone's ears it's the air being forced down the ear canal that does the damage. The pantyhose would block the air.

Don't ask me how I know that.

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #7 - Apr 20th, 2016 at 8:42pm
Brainbell Jangler wrote on Apr 18th, 2016 at 7:40pm:

As a co-creator of "Vinyl," Rich Cohen must have had direct dealings with Mick and clearly knows him better than any of us do.  And it is Mick Jagger's performing that "brings happiness and joy to millions of people," not his personality; eyewitness reports on the latter are mixed at best.

Point taken, but MICK deserves more respect than that, ESPECIALLY if Cohen knows him personally.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #8 - Apr 20th, 2016 at 10:28pm
You were right the first time.  Jagger is a decent guy, get a bad rap too much, even from Stones fans.  Cohen is a douchebag.  Such exaggerations.  Delicate ponce.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #9 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 4:17pm
Bitch wrote on Apr 20th, 2016 at 8:42pm:
Brainbell Jangler wrote on Apr 18th, 2016 at 7:40pm:

Point taken, but MICK deserves more respect than that, ESPECIALLY if Cohen knows him personally.

I've never met any of the Stones or anyone close to them but my own life experience tells me this: sometimes people who have a reputation as a bitch or an asshole are simply the kind who won't let others take advantage of or push them around. Don't know if that's the case with Mick or not, but he does strike me as being very far from a pushover and to have a very low tolerance for people who try to exploit him. Maybe Cohen is right but then again, maybe Cohen is one of those kind of people.
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2016 at 7:20pm by Freya Gin »  

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #10 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 11:07am

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #11 - Apr 27th, 2016 at 11:25am
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 11:07am:

"Nine months holed up in Nellcote left both Richards and his wife, Anita Pallenberg, with an appetite for heroin that was nothing less than ravenous. She was pregnant with their second child."

And--

"Anita’s daughter Dandelion was miraculously born heroin-free."

WHAT? Yeah, that sounds pretty damn miraculous. Is that even possible?

In addition to that little tidbit, this Cohen sounds like he's really full of crap. Vinyl has been unsuccessful but has been renewed for another season? In what universe do they renew unsuccessful shows? HBO and other companies are even more ruthless than the Stones are accused of being. Yes, I know Mick Jagger's name is on it but come off it; this isn't the pre-2000s when that name was far more (in)famous. This is the 2010s, the era when Kanye West introduced Paul McCartney to his audience and they didn't know who that is. (Which didn't surprise me; what would Kanye's fans know about music?) Few of these same people would recognize Mick Jagger either. Get real.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)