Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Ok, Some Guy, you asked for it... the Stones song I actually HATE (Read 10,674 times)
Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Ok, Some Guy, you asked for it... the Stones song I actually HATE
Jan 22nd, 2016 at 10:38am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
When I was a little girl in Louisville, Kentucky, there were two songs they played on the radio every single damn day: Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" and the Rolling Stones' "You Can't Always Get What You Want." Hell, it was more like three or four times a day, every day. Not having any records (yes, I said RECORDS) to play at home, the radio was all I had. And I was driven almost insane with those two songs. Not knowing that the DJs didn't pick the songs they played, I used to fantasize about killing them whenever I heard either of those frigging songs. Considering that I was just a little girl at the time, I'm almost ashamed to admit that, but I did.

Even now, over 30 years later, I become instantly infuriated whenever I hear either of those two songs start. But at least in the case of "You Can't Always Get What You Want" I'll bet that I was avenged. I figure Mick must've gotten those words thrown back in his face any time he said "I want" to his kids. (If you were one of his kids, wouldn't you do that?)

So what do you think of that? Tongue

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Ok, Some Guy, you asked for it... the Stones song I actually HATE
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 10:49am
You will not be greeted.

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 11:03am
I had beans, eggs, orange juice and papaya for breakfast, but not coffee; these past days coffee made me feel funny in my tummy.

Yesterday I watched two Academy Award nomitated films [I'm late, I know]: The Revenant and The Eightful Eight. The former was good to look at, and DiCaprio will win an Oscar for making groaning faces; the latter, on the other hand, is wonderful. I don't advocate violence, misoginy, but I do speak loudly in favour of "mexican Bob." I'm sure that when Donald Trump watches "mexican Bob" he will be so transfixed by the experience, that he'll allow foreign U.S.A. people cros the border and enter that great country; when he becomes president [Trump, not "mexican Bob"].

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 11:10am

<  ----- Everything they say about Bran Muffins in the morning is absolutely true  . Young Joey has been on the Bog for the past three hours .   * Phew ! *  DAMN !!!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2016 at 11:13am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #4 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 11:23am
Some Guy wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 10:49am:
You will not be greeted.

LMAO Cheesy

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #5 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 1:35pm
You will not be greeted.

You know...you actually have to show up at a Stones show to participate in greeting...just sayin...

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #6 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 1:53pm
gimmekeef wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 1:35pm:
You will not be greeted.

You know...you actually have to show up at a Stones show to participate in greeting...just sayin...

get your milk and bread as we are under a severe snow flurry alert.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #7 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 2:10pm
You will not be greeted.

Seriously, that's probably not gonna happen. About 10 years ago I foolishly posted a few pics of myself online, including one showing my face, and got myself a stalker. So I don't post pics these days let alone try to meet people I've met online.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #8 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 2:13pm
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 2:10pm:
You will not be greeted.

Seriously, that's probably not gonna happen. About 10 years ago I foolishly posted a few pics of myself online, including one showing my face, and got myself a stalker. So I don't post pics these days let alone try to meet people I've met online.

gk may have been heckling me as I missed him when the Stones were in Atlanta. gk once drank me under the table at the SAL mini summit in Atl.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #9 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 3:24pm
Some Guy wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 2:13pm:
You will not be greeted.

gk may have been heckling me as I missed him when the Stones were in Atlanta. gk once drank me under the table at the SAL mini summit in Atl.

Alas, I never have the money to attend a concert anyway. Too bad; sounds like you guys have fun.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #10 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 5:21pm
I totally get it...FM rock radio of the 70's and mid 80's totally had one playlist...its the read=son I cant stand 95% of "classic rock" today...The self indulgent 70's guitar solo is what made me turn to punk...and the reason I always thought Eddie Van Halen was a joke.

Never did like STH either...

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #11 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 10:37am
Paranoid Android wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 5:21pm:
I totally get it...FM rock radio of the 70's and mid 80's totally had one playlist...its the read=son I cant stand 95% of "classic rock" today...The self indulgent 70's guitar solo is what made me turn to punk...and the reason I always thought Eddie Van Halen was a joke.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who didn't like that song. It might've been okay if I hadn't heard it 250,000 times but after the first hundred any chance it had with me evaporated. Never got into Van Halen either. I don't hate them, mind you, I just never got into them much.

(Brace for long-winded rant)
I grew up on 70s rock but I find myself not liking it as much as I did back then, though for a different reason. Firstly, it's all too perfectly structured: intro, stanza, chorus, stanza, chorus, solo, stanza, chorus and fade out. That's pretty much every rock song cut in that decade. Compare that to 60s rock when the length and even the structure of a song might be different. They were experimenting. In the 70s they all followed the same structure. Were the bands terrified too terrified to try a different song structure or did the record execs forbid it? Maybe a mix of both.

The second reason I don't care for 70s rock as much as I did then is that's when they really started added that electronic polish in the studio. Now, don't get me wrong, some electronic effects can be good and I guess a little polish never hurt, but they overdid it with some bands... and no one seemed to notice. I didn't either. What did I know? I'd grown up listening to that stuff. It wasn't until ZZ Top's Recycler that I ever gave it much thought. With Recycler they went back to a more organic sound, eschewing electronic and synth-based effects. I liked that even better than their previous stuff, including the famous Eliminator. Listening to Recycler, I was suddenly struck with the realization that I didn't know what some of my fave 70s bands would sound like outside of a studio. I was right about how much of a difference that would make; I've listened to a few of them live since then and they sounded like a different band on stage.
(/long-winded rant)

As an amusing side note, listening to the radio only as a kid left me ignorant of a lot of things. The first time I ever learned much about the Stones was on MTV. I was startled to learn that they were a 60s band! No one had ever mentioned on the radio when I was listening. Turns out some of the Stones songs that I'd been hearing all my life were from before I was born. I hadn't known that.

Another funny note: I was listening to LRS when the Stones came to Louisville and the idiot DJ said that the station's call letters stood for "Louisville's Rolling Stones." I remember thinking, "What?! Yeah, suuuure."

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #12 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 10:45am
Can I just get the gist of the above post? I'm a very busy man.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #13 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 11:28am
Some Guy wrote on Jan 23rd, 2016 at 10:45am:

The tl;dr version? I talked about what I didn't like about 70s rock (after the fact; I dug it when I was a kid) and then talked about how laughably ignorant I was regarding the history of the Stones when I was a kid.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #14 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 11:39am

"    .............................. I grew up on 70s rock but I find myself not liking it as much as I did back then, though for a different reason. Firstly, it's all too perfectly structured: intro, stanza, chorus, stanza, chorus, solo, stanza, chorus and fade out. That's pretty much every  ..................  "

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #15 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 3:04pm
Joey wrote on Jan 23rd, 2016 at 11:39am:
"    .............................. I grew up on 70s rock but I find myself not liking it as much as I did back then, though for a different reason. Firstly, it's all too perfectly structured: intro, stanza, chorus, stanza, chorus, solo, stanza, chorus and fade out. That's pretty much every  ..................  "

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #16 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 4:12pm
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 23rd, 2016 at 11:28am:
Some Guy wrote on Jan 23rd, 2016 at 10:45am:

The tl;dr version? I talked about what I didn't like about 70s rock (after the fact; I dug it when I was a kid) and then talked about how laughably ignorant I was regarding the history of the Stones when I was a kid.

Thanks!

Beatles or Stones?

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #17 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 5:13pm
You will not be greeted.

Archaic reference lost on younger posters.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #18 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 8:39am
Starbuck wrote on Jan 23rd, 2016 at 5:13pm:
You will not be greeted.

Archaic reference lost on younger posters.

well played...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #19 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 9:34am

" The second reason I don't care for 70s rock as much as I did then is that's when they really  ...................... "

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #20 - Jan 26th, 2016 at 3:07pm
You will not be greeted.

Ouch! Waka Jawaka

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #21 - Jan 26th, 2016 at 9:37pm
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 10:38am:
When I was a little girl in Louisville, Kentucky, there were two songs they played on the radio every single damn day: Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" and the Rolling Stones' "You Can't Always Get What You Want." Hell, it was more like three or four times a day, every day. Not having any records (yes, I said RECORDS) to play at home, the radio was all I had. And I was driven almost insane with those two songs. Not knowing that the DJs didn't pick the songs they played, I used to fantasize about killing them whenever I heard either of those frigging songs. Considering that I was just a little girl at the time, I'm almost ashamed to admit that, but I did.

Even now, over 30 years later, I become instantly infuriated whenever I hear either of those two songs start. But at least in the case of "You Can't Always Get What You Want" I'll bet that I was avenged. I figure Mick must've gotten those words thrown back in his face any time he said "I want" to his kids. (If you were one of his kids, wouldn't you do that?)

So what do you think of that? Tongue
HAHAHA!!! I love it. A Stones fan who hates YCAGWYW. Fucking outstanding Freya, your post of the moment. What do you think of Hotel Californicating? Bohemeian Blasphemy? The River? And Patti Smith's Godawful Rimbaud obsession.

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #22 - Jan 26th, 2016 at 9:46pm
Paranoid Android wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 5:21pm:

OK! I know my Aussie bitching bores people but, It's 2016 right? RIGHT? And OZ radio is still playing the same old playlists, day-in_ day- out!( I just heard Bowie.) As I've said before, we didn't get FM radio until 1979. I was so naïve, I'd be reading Rolling Stone, or Creem, or some such drivel, and going,'Ummm, What's this FM Radio stuff The US has; You know BOSTON, STYX, JOURNEY, TOTO were supposedly FM bands Blank Frigging Stare I was- bemused.

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #23 - Jan 26th, 2016 at 9:54pm
You will not be greeted.

OK Freya now I'm more curious than ever. You simply must post a pic. We all have at one time or another, (I'm over tying to punctuate), it's unnecessary. Anyway; how can I stalk you girl? I can't swim to Melbourne, let alone Argentina. Messi's the business.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #24 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 7:06am
gypsymofo60 wrote on Jan 26th, 2016 at 9:54pm:
You will not be greeted.

OK Freya now I'm more curious than ever. You simply must post a pic. We all have at one time or another, (I'm over tying to punctuate), it's unnecessary. Anyway; how can I stalk you girl? I can't swim to Melbourne, let alone Argentina. Messi's the business.

she may be a dude.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #25 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 8:54am
Some Guy wrote on Jan 27th, 2016 at 7:06am:
she may be a dude.

It's alright, Some Guy. You just tell yourself whatever you need to get yourself through the night after reading my posts.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #26 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 8:58am
yes ma'am.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #27 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 9:11am
Some Guy wrote on Jan 27th, 2016 at 8:58am:
yes ma'am.

Now that's more like it, pet.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #28 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 9:26am
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 27th, 2016 at 9:11am:
yes ma'am.

dude?

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #29 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 9:58am
Some Guy wrote on Jan 27th, 2016 at 9:26am:
yes ma'am.

dude?

Not. (Ma'am is a proper form of address for a domme.)

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #30 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 10:02am
Anyway; how can I stalk you girl? I can't swim to Melbourne, let alone Argentina. Messi's the business.

I dunno... I've heard of these magic flying machines that could get you from Ostreya here to the USA. I've never been in one myself though ("If God meant for you to fly, He'd buy you the ticket" - John Lee Hooker). Am I worth all that money and effort? Of course!

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #31 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 4:06pm
yes ma'am.

dude?

Hey, man, that suit is you!
You'll get some leg tonight for sure!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #32 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 5:10pm
mojoman wrote on Jan 27th, 2016 at 4:06pm:
yes ma'am.

dude?

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #33 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 9:54pm
Some Guy wrote on Jan 27th, 2016 at 7:06am:
You will not be greeted.

she may be a dude.
She , or as you say he may be a fucking J-rod for all I care. Still that reply has me giggling here somedude.

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #34 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 9:58pm
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 27th, 2016 at 10:02am:
Anyway; how can I stalk you girl? I can't swim to Melbourne, let alone Argentina. Messi's the business.

I dunno... I've heard of these magic flying machines that could get you from Ostreya here to the USA. I've never been in one myself though ("If God meant for you to fly, He'd buy you the ticket" - John Lee Hooker). Am I worth all that money and effort? Of course!

Yeah! But only US citizens can access those levels of the Pine Gap facility, so I guess it's swim. I'm confused, are you in the US, or Argie?

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #35 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 10:00pm
Some Guy wrote on Jan 27th, 2016 at 5:10pm:
yes ma'am.

dude?

Who is that Wapscallion?

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #36 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 10:31pm

Here's how they really pronounce it ....UStralya, cobber. Football= FOODY! Playing truant = wA--gging.  Water= wada. Fair Dinkum, Bruce, it's enough to do my tiny little mind in. Anyway; it's beer O' Clock. Cheers, Bruv'.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #37 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 5:53am
gypsymofo60 wrote on Jan 27th, 2016 at 10:00pm:

Who is that Wapscallion?

David Lee Roth, who shares a bromance with Some Guy.  Perverted Mick

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #38 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 6:27am
Edith Grove wrote on Jan 28th, 2016 at 5:53am:
gypsymofo60 wrote on Jan 27th, 2016 at 10:00pm:

Who is that Wapscallion?

David Lee Roth, who shares a bromance with Some Guy.  Perverted Mick

From 78-84 they were the Beatles of my generation.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #39 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 9:13am
gypsymofo60 wrote on Jan 27th, 2016 at 9:58pm:

Yeah! But only US citizens can access those levels of the Pine Gap facility, so I guess it's swim. I'm confused, are you in the US, or Argie?

The US. I don't know why you're thinking I'm in Argentina. I hear the food is good there though. I love spicy food!

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #40 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 9:14am
Some Guy wrote on Jan 27th, 2016 at 5:10pm:
yes ma'am.

dude?

In my wonderfully depraved world, that ass would be red from a good spanking.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #41 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 9:41am

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #42 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 11:10am
Some Guy wrote on Jan 28th, 2016 at 9:41am:

I like that song! I tweeted that very video when I got the song stuck in my head the other day. Even if I didn't like the song, Mick's dancing is hot! The video is worth watching just for that.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #43 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 11:35am
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 28th, 2016 at 11:10am:

I like that song! I tweeted that very video when I got the song stuck in my head the other day. Even if I didn't like the song, Mick's dancing is hot! The video is worth watching just for that.

Are you glencar?

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #44 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 11:56am
Some Guy wrote on Jan 28th, 2016 at 11:35am:
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 28th, 2016 at 11:10am:

Are you glencar?

...Who?

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

SheRat
Rocks Off Regular

Chicago, IL
Reply #45 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 4:24pm
Some Guy wrote on Jan 28th, 2016 at 11:35am:
Are you glencar?

LMMFAO.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #46 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 5:51pm
Seriously, who or what is (a) glencar?

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #47 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 8:15pm
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 28th, 2016 at 5:51pm:

You have Some Guy on the ropes.....lmfao....Glencar is a former a List poster who for some reason took his act to another board..ala JB another one seldom missed here.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #48 - Jan 29th, 2016 at 7:58am
gimmekeef wrote on Jan 28th, 2016 at 8:15pm:

You have Some Guy on the ropes.....lmfao....Glencar is a former a List poster who for some reason took his act to another board..ala JB another one seldom missed here.

Mmm, I generally prefer to tie my guys up with ropes. But thanks for the info.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #49 - Jan 29th, 2016 at 10:36am
Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #50 - Jan 29th, 2016 at 12:37pm
Some Guy wrote on Jan 29th, 2016 at 10:36am:
Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual.

If you say so. You're just some guy to me.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #51 - Jan 29th, 2016 at 12:42pm

IP Logged

job
Rocks Off Regular

The last of the hard core
troubadours.

Orange County, California
Reply #52 - Jan 29th, 2016 at 4:16pm
Convicted?  No, never convicted.

IP Logged

job
Rocks Off Regular

troubadours.

Reply #53 - Jan 29th, 2016 at 4:45pm
You can't leave...all the plants are gonna die!!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #54 - Jan 29th, 2016 at 8:41pm

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #55 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 7:05am
Some Guy wrote on Jan 29th, 2016 at 8:41pm:

I like that song myself. I keep it on my mp3 player.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #56 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 7:37am

glencar took his talents to Shidoobee and jb is back on Monday.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #57 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 8:04am
Some Guy wrote on Jan 30th, 2016 at 7:37am:

Shidoobee? Isn't that the site where the fans that hope to get the Stones' attention post? Or am I confusing it with iorr?

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #58 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 9:14am
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 30th, 2016 at 8:04am:

Shidoobee? Isn't that the site where the fans that hope to get the Stones' attention post? Or am I confusing it with iorr?

Something like that...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #59 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 9:25am
job wrote on Jan 29th, 2016 at 4:16pm:

any you homos touch me and I'll kill ya.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #60 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 9:33am
Some Guy wrote on Jan 30th, 2016 at 9:14am:
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 30th, 2016 at 8:04am:

Something like that...

https://youtu.be/xTUgQgWgGNklist=RDxTUgQgWgGNk

That was BEAUTIFUL. Thank you for the link!

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #61 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 11:32am

IP Logged

SheRat
Rocks Off Regular

Chicago, IL
Reply #62 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 1:42pm
job wrote on Jan 29th, 2016 at 4:45pm:
You can't leave...all the plants are gonna die!!

Once again, LMMFAO. (though I think you'll find he says "you can't GO...all the plants are gonna die.)

(And also: Billy Murray! {{{swooon!}}})

« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2016 at 1:48pm by SheRat »  

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #63 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 7:25pm
Freya Gin says: 'Freya Gin wrote on Jan 30th, 2016 at 8:04am:
'

I think I'll stay here for a while. This board was strange at first. It was so tame that I wondered if I hadn't accidentally crossed over into an alternate universe where the Rolling Stones were known for their sweet songs about rainbows and fluffy kittens. But I've been having fun toying with you guys since I was snowed in. So brace yourselves; it might be a while before I get bored.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #64 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 3:43pm
'These posts are to be taken seriously.
We've had years honing our posting skills.
We are trained professionals.
I'd like to think you've now come to understand this is not any regular message board you've decided to post upon.
For this is Rocks Off.
The Greatest Message Board known to Man.
Dedicated to the Worlds Greatest Rock N Roll Band'. - Nellcote

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #65 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 4:41pm
Nellcote??? Oh shit!

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #66 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 3:14pm
Check it sniff. I won tickets to see this show- also all the free Labbats beer you could drink!

IP Logged

job
Rocks Off Regular

troubadours.

Reply #67 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 9:23am
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 30th, 2016 at 7:05am:

I like that song myself. I keep it on my mp3 player.

I must admit I lie that tune as well.

IP Logged

job
Rocks Off Regular

troubadours.

Reply #68 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 9:24am
Some Guy wrote on Jan 30th, 2016 at 9:25am:
job wrote on Jan 29th, 2016 at 4:16pm:

any you homos touch me and I'll kill ya.

Lighten up Francis.

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #69 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 10:10am

Didn't know Mick sang with Boy George..

But seriously, we should stick to the thread rules: we said RS song you hate.

Inclusing Mick solo will make this way too easy.

« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2016 at 10:13am by Egon »  

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #70 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 3:01pm

I just love those Black and Blue videos. I remember an iconic pop show similar to totps here in Oz in April '76 showing, Hot Stuff, Hey Negrita, Fool To Cry, and that Crazy Mama vid'. HAHA! The grown ups went fucking ballistic, Reminded me of Totps 1964. Same people, same outrageous reaction. And I'm giggling my silly head off, going-'Fucking brilliant!' And I say; 'Wait till you all see what's 'round the corner. The Pistols. My Uncle was holiday here, and he literally drops the paper, and goes; 'Are they bloody Australian?' I'm rolling on the floor, it's God Save The Queen; No! I say. Wait until you get back home. Grundy's been sacked. Hilarious.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)