Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My Xmas gift to you guys: A classic rock BDSM tracklist (Read 25,293 times)
polytoxic
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: My Xmas gift to you guys: A classic rock BDSM tracklist
Reply #25 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 4:11pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 11:49am:
Just out of curiosity, did anyone here realize that this billboard was an obvious BDSM reference?...
Even the way the ropes are criss-crossed around her legs is suggestive of bondage ropework.

That never occurred to me until now. I always thought she was ziplining.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #26 - Jan 26th, 2016 at 2:48am
polytoxic wrote on Jan 25th, 2016 at 4:11pm:

Lmao.

On a serious note, vanilla people are quick to misinterpret S & M as abuse if you don't spell it out for them, and frequently even if you do. I've had the misfortune to see real abuse firsthand and that's not what that is.

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #27 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 1:15pm
Interesting that no one's mentioned 'Dangerous Beauty'.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #28 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 1:30pm
WaiteringOnAFiend wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 1:15pm:
Interesting that no one's mentioned 'Dangerous Beauty'.

At the risk of appearing ignorant I must confess that I've never heard of this one.

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #29 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 7:16pm
It's on A Bigger Bang.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #30 - Feb 13th, 2016 at 2:11pm
Steel Wheels wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 7:16pm:
It's on A Bigger Bang.

Ah. I don't have that one. Like much of the Stones material I've got, I bought the mp3s separately because such small amounts were all I could afford at the time. Anyway, I looked the song up on youtube, decided that I liked it and bought a copy.

Dangerous Beauty. Yeah, this song sounds like it's about a domme, a pro ("So painfully plain to us you're doing your duty") with ties to Washington politicians at the time ("With your rubber gloves on you're a favourite with the Chiefs of Staff."). The explicit mentions of electrical play are also interesting. Lyrics.

So that's 5 times the Stones are on this list, with 3 of those times being definite BDSM-themed (Tie You Up (The Pain of Love), I Go Wild, Dangerous Beauty) and twice with songs that have a line or two that sound like a BDSM reference (Don't Stop, How Can I Stop).

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #31 - Feb 13th, 2016 at 6:05pm
FrG -

'Dangerous Beauty' was (seemingly) inspired by one or other  pretty female officers who in November 2003 were photographed, thumbs-up and cheery faced, at Abu Ghraib, while prisoners were hooded, trussed, dog-piled, forced to masturbate, had simulated electrical wires attached to their genitals, or lay around dead / injured. Quite a ditty to ponder on.

But anyway... It's also odd that no one has suggested 'Brown Sugar' for your list.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #32 - Feb 14th, 2016 at 5:14pm
WaiteringOnAFiend wrote on Feb 13th, 2016 at 6:05pm:
FrG -

'Dangerous Beauty' was (seemingly) inspired by one or other  pretty female officers who in November 2003 were photographed, thumbs-up and cheery faced, at Abu Ghraib, while prisoners were hooded, trussed, dog-piled, forced to masturbate, had simulated electrical wires attached to their genitals, or lay around dead / injured. Quite a ditty to ponder on.

But anyway... It's also odd that no one has suggested 'Brown Sugar' for your list.

Whoa... I didn't know Dangerous Beauty was based on that shit. I wasn't talking about REAL torture (though I'm aware some subs would get off even on that). I'm the sort of domme who gets off on her subs getting off on what we're doing, so real torture turns me off as much as it does vanilla people.

Ah, Brown Sugar. One of those songs I grew up hearing. I've heard it mentioned in conjunction with some form of cocaine but that sounds more like the ZZ Top song of the same name to me. I know it mentions slavery-- real slavery-- quite a bit, but isn't it about the guys' thing for black chicks?

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #33 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:06pm
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 26th, 2016 at 2:48am:
polytoxic wrote on Jan 25th, 2016 at 4:11pm:

Lmao.

On a serious note, vanilla people are quick to misinterpret S & M as abuse if you don't spell it out for them, and frequently even if you do. I've had the misfortune to see real abuse firsthand and that's not what that is.

Picking fleas out of rat shit really. You're damned if you do either way these days. I don't get S&M at all. It'd be like KISS. Taking three fucking hours in make up before, and after the gig. As Johnny Lydon says; How does become that? A rubber mask and a bollock weight heehee.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #34 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 5:35pm
gypsymofo60 wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:06pm:
Picking fleas out of rat shit really. You're damned if you do either way these days. I don't get S&M at all. It'd be like KISS. Taking three fucking hours in make up before, and after the gig. As Johnny Lydon says; How does become that? A rubber mask and a bollock weight heehee.

It depends on what you're into. I can't describe how fulfilling it was to me when my sub said "I am yours" last night. For the sub, there is an indescribable thrill in giving oneself to a dominant. That falls under D/s (domination/submission).

S&M, strictly speaking, falls under the umbrella of "sensation play," along with forms of play like using ice and vibes. Pain can be a part of the pleasure. For some people, flogging (for example) is about pleasure, not pain. If it's BDSM, then there's an element of submission involved.

There's a third category of pain play though; pain being part of submission. Some subs get off on their dommes having the power to cause them pain at their whim. In this case, the sub is getting off submitting to their domme causing them pain even though they don't enjoy the pain itself. Mick gives off this vibe very strongly in the songs "Tie You Up (The Pain of Love)" and especially "I Go Wild." And of course, in some BDSM relationships, pain is used as punishment.

Ultimately, it's one of those things I can't really explain to someone who isn't into it. It's like trying to explain why a certain color or food is your favorite to someone who doesn't like it.
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2016 at 5:37pm by Freya Gin »  

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #35 - Mar 2nd, 2016 at 2:35am

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #36 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 7:38pm
WaiteringOnAFiend wrote on Mar 2nd, 2016 at 2:35am:

Oh. For a moment I thought the song might be about my... oh, never mind.

Anyway, nice tune! I've heard it before but hadn't for a long time.

And sorry I didn't reply sooner. Somehow your post got past my radar.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #37 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 5:56pm
Having listened to "Slave" again over the weekend, I've reconsidered whether it should be on this list. The sparse lyrics definitely sound BDSM-related and not in a good way. At one point Mick cries out "hell no!" and then makes a lot of other noises that sound like his refusal didn't deter his domme (didn't she know that her panties would make an effective gag?). Was she being abusive or was this exactly what he wanted? You decide. Video with lyrics.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #38 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 7:00am
Always laffed at Slave.....like going to the store for someone is construed as being like a slave. Guess for Mick it is!

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #39 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 3:49pm
gimmekeef wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 7:00am:
Always laffed at Slave.....like going to the store for someone is construed as being like a slave. Guess for Mick it is!

Hehe, yeah. That's the part that had made me think it wasn't kink-related before. But it's the part that comes after that the set off my domme's BDSM-radar.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #40 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 4:48pm
Handsome Jack — Ropes and Chains. Handsome Jack is my favorite new-ish band, as I mentioned elsewhere. Sadly, they seem to become inactive this year. Anyway, I've been keeping an eye out, hoping to find the lyrics to this song somewhere but have had no luck. That's why I didn't post this sooner. The songs begins with, "You've got your ropes and you've got your chains/You put me out in the pouring rain." As the song progresses it shows a man being punished by his girlfriend for something but he professes to have no idea what. Is he truly clueless or is he pretending that he doesn't know? If so, then his pretense of ignorance isn't helping.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2016 at 5:01pm by Freya Gin »  

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #41 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 8:39pm
Don't forget Whip = when the whip comes down!

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #42 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 12:43am
Bitch wrote on Aug 2nd, 2016 at 8:39pm:
Don't forget Whip = when the whip comes down!

Ah, yes, how could I forget? I'll detail that one tomorrow.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #43 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 2:14am
This thread's icky. And boring. And very un-rock n' roll.

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #44 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 9:24am
Mr. Yeats wrote on Aug 3rd, 2016 at 2:14am:
This thread's icky. And boring. And very un-rock n' roll.

Dude, that was the best troll you could come up with? Really?

That's just plain silly anyhow. There's nothing more pure rock n' roll than a leather-clad dominatrix with a whip!

Anyway, here goes:

The Rolling Stones — When the Whip Comes Down. The isn't as BDSM-related as the one might think from the title. Oh, it could be an oblique allusion to BDSM (perhaps even in the line, "learning the ropes") but it really seems to be much more about how difficult it was to be a gay man in NYC at the time. It also sounds like it's about prostitution, i.e., that the young man narrating the song was a "rent boy," but it was definitely not the lifestyle of his choice ("Yeah, some called me garbage/While I was sleeping on the street"). It's harder than you might think being a bisexual femdom even now; it was hell to be a gay man then. Kudos to the guys for recognizing that and speaking up in 1978. No doubt that it made the homophobes in their fandom uncomfortable. Lyrics.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #45 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 9:31pm
Well, I guess it's time to talk about BDSM and abuse here, especially since Fetlife ("facebook for kinky people") has become invite-only. One might assume that abuse is more common in BDSM than in regular vanilla relationships but this has not been my experience. Unfortunately, abusers are all too commonly found both inside and outside the BDSM world.

But I was a newbie submissive once (I'm still a switch, actually) so here are my big three tips to newbies subs:

1. Avoid isolation. It's not a good sign if your dominant wants to isolate you. Why would they want to do that? Maybe they're jealous, afraid that another dominant will steal you, but you should consider the idea that it might be to deprive you of support. Your best support system when you're a newbie sub is other subs. It's a really bad sign if your dominant doesn't want to associate even with others subs.

2. Have an out. Even if it means sleeping on someone's couch! Don't let your dominant completely take over your life unless and until you're sure that they're the one. That said, if you don't want your dominant to take over your life, don't let them. Again, it's a very bad sign if they insist.

3. "But that's how it's done. Everyone does this." That doesn't matter even if it were true and it almost certainly isn't. BDSM practitioners don't have to be 24/7 (in fact, most aren't). No, you don't have to accept that your dominant has other subs and/or lovers. Not every BDSM relationship includes punishment or pain. I like daddy/daughter roleplay myself but some people have a problem with it. If you hate calling him Daddy and he insists then he's crossing a line there. If it's forced upon you, it's become abusive. You don't have to do anything you don't really want to.

Is it possible for the dominant in a BDSM to become the abused partner? Unfortunately, yes. In fact, it happened to me. This is most likely in cases where the dominant is financially dependent on the sub but can also happen when kids are involved. In either case, the sub becomes manipulative and threatens the dominant to keep them in the relationship and doing exactly what the sub wants. If you don't want to do something and someone is making you do it, then you're in an abusive situation. Brat-type subs are probably the most likely to become emotionally abusive but they're not the only ones who can.

You can find lots of BDSM links with a google search but my favorite site is The Literotica BDSM Talk Forum. Their BDSM Library has a lot of info for BDSM practitioners in general, not just newbies, but some links will probably be dead.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)