Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My Xmas gift to you guys: A classic rock BDSM tracklist (Read 25,294 times)
Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
My Xmas gift to you guys: A classic rock BDSM tracklist
Dec 24th, 2015 at 8:29pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
And guess who appears on this list no less than 4 times?

Most explicitly BDSM-themed songs you hear (or hear about) are modern, often some form of heavy metal or something else Goth-oriented. But there are a handful in the classic rock vein. I don't know them all--there might well be more in the Stones' catalog that I haven't heard--so this list is hardly complete. (I skipped over "Slave" because all it says is "I don't want to be your slave," which could very well have a vanilla meaning.) Feel free to add any that I've missed.

Notes: The link in the title is to the youtube video for the song (yes, I know there's a youtube button, but it takes up much less room and makes this post more readable to just provide links). And of course, there's a link to the lyrics where I could find them. Let me know if I fucked any of this up; I don't really have the time to check everything right now.

The Most Explicitly BDSM-themed Songs:

The Rolling Stones—Tie You Up (The Pain of Love). An ode to a relationship with a professional dominatrix (pro-domme)? Sounds like it to me. The part at the end when Mick is panting “don’t hurt me” is hot as hell but my instincts tell me that he really means the opposite. Lyrics.

The Rolling Stones—I Go Wild. This song begins with the words “you whipped me… I’m hurting.” It goes on to express the subject’s (Mick unless I miss my guess) intense need for his dominant even though it sounds like she’s crossed the line to abuser (“you abused me for certain” is the second line). As a domme (well, a switch who leans more toward dominant) I’m quite familiar with how overwhelming a submissive’s need for their dominant can be. Lyrics.

The Velvet Underground—Venus in Furs. The classic rock BDSM song if ever there was one. The title is taken from the novel by Leopold von Sacher-Masoch, from whose name the word “masochist” is derived. “Strike, dear Mistress, and cure his heart” aptly expresses the craving many submissives have for punishment. Or maybe he’s just a painslut. Lyrics.

Nazareth—Let Me Be Your Dog. A recent find of mine; the title caught my eye while I was shopping for mp3s. A quick sampling proved that my guess was right—this song is as submissive as “Venus in Furs” and “Tie You Up (The Pain of Love).” Most obvious lines: Besides “let me be the slave you can faithfully flog”? Only everything. And it could undeniably be interpreted as having a pet play theme too. If you don't know what that means, I leave you to find out for yourself.Lyrics.

Jimmie Vaughan—Kinky Woman. I couldn’t find the lyrics for this song anywhere. Like the other song below, this is found on his Out There album. Sounds like poor Jimmie, being submissive, crossed paths with a real domme and found that he’d bitten off more than he could chew. After all, submission doesn’t automatically equal masochism and a love for leather… though it does for a hell of a lot of us, I must admit. And if you didn’t know, yes, this is Stevie Ray Vaughan’s brother.

Less Explicitly BDSM:

The Rolling Stones—Don’t Stop. Well, there’s not much BDSM content in this one but it sounds like the subject (probably Mick again) substituted an abusive bitch for a domme. Still sounds very much like a submissive talking to me. It might just me projecting my dominant tendencies here though. Lyrics.

The Rolling Stones—How Can I Stop. This is definitely a love song but there is one line that set off my domme’s radar: “It's too easy to lay here at your feet.” For those who don’t know, it’s common for a submissive to lay at their dominant’s feet when not in use or to perform foot worship. Lyrics.

Keith Richards—Will But You Won’t.Funny how these guys keep cropping up. Oh that was a terrible pun. Forgive me.  Anyway, this song doesn’t seem to be about BDSM except for: “Caress me baby, slap me in my face/Ooh, don't hurt me baby.” Make of that what you will. (Yes, there are submissives who like to be slapped.) Lyrics

Mick Jagger—Use Me.This is a cover if I’m not mistaken, but it sounds like pure Mick Jagger. Again, it’s not truly BDSM but it certainly expresses his submissive attitude, which I would sum up as “give it to me good and you can do just about anything you want with me (please!)”. Lyrics.

John “Cougar” Mellencamp—Hurts So Good. This song isn’t as overtly BDSM-themed as many assume. It’s mostly in the lines “Come on baby make it hurt so good/Sometimes love don't feel like it should/You make it hurt so good.” However, there sure is a lot of leather in this video. Lyrics.

ZZ Top—Got Me Under Pressure. “She likes whips and chains” he says in the second stanza. He then goes on to explain that she’s too much for him but he’s afraid that she might beat him harshly with a nightstick if he breaks up with her. Dangerous woman! Lyrics.

Jimmie Vaughan—Can’t Say No. Besides the line “I’m your slave” this is all about his submissive attitude towards his lover. Just goes to show that not all dominant lovers are necessarily dominants in BDSM terms. Lyrics.

Bonus!

Have you noticed that all the songs I’ve listed here are sang from the male submisive’s perspective? Yeah, that’s because of my tastes (and I don’t know of any told from a female submissive to a femdom—ah, would that I did). So for the flip side…. maybe:

Jimi Hendrix—Crosstown Traffic. There is some debate over whether this song references BDSM. “You say you don’t mind a little pain” he says at one point and then later, “Tire tracks all across your back/I can see you had your fun.” I bet  those weren’t actually tire tracks he was talking about. I read one guy’s convoluted theory about this song being about Jimi’s dissatisfaction with a clingy yet passive woman. Yeah, well, maybe. Wasn’t passive and clingy fairly normal for chicks then? Seems like he would’ve been pretty used to that. Lyrics.

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: My Xmas gift to you guys: A classic rock BDSM tracklist
Reply #1 - Dec 25th, 2015 at 1:56am
The morn and dawn of the saviour & Santa ... and we should be arse-up over a whipping block, is that the gist of what you're saying, FG?

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #2 - Dec 25th, 2015 at 8:16am
Uhm....thank you?
LOL

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2015 at 11:04am
WaiteringOnAFiend wrote on Dec 25th, 2015 at 1:56am:
The morn and dawn of the saviour & Santa ... and we should be arse-up over a whipping block, is that the gist of what you're saying, FG?

If that's your thing then why not?

Paranoid Android wrote on Dec 25th, 2015 at 8:16am:
Uhm....thank you?
LOL

You're welcome.

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #4 - Dec 26th, 2015 at 9:12am
50 Shades of Freya?...........You missed this one.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #5 - Dec 26th, 2015 at 4:23pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Dec 26th, 2015 at 9:12am:
50 Shades of Freya?

50 Shades? Please! I'm for real. 50 Shades is a Twilight fanfic written by some ignorant chick who clearly didn't know real BDSM. No offense, but if you ever visit a real BDSM forum/mailing list, don't reference 50 Shades. Some people really hate those books because they encourage unsafe, even abusive practices. (If a dominant ever tells you that you don't need a safe word, run for it!)

As a funny aside though, my ex-sub saw her sister carrying a copy of 50 Shades and told her that she'd heard that the book was supposed to be dangerous. Apparently without thinking, her sister replied, "It can't be that dangerous, it doesn't even have breath play in it!" She didn't know her sister was a kinkster like us before then. If you don't know what breath play is, I'll leave it to you to google it.

But there is one song I can't believe I forget:

Def Leppard—Foolin'. Contains the line "Do with me what you will/Break the spell, take your fill." You don't have to be into real BDSM to realize just how submissive that sounds! Lyrics.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

patioaintdry
Rocks Off Regular

the pools in but the patio
ain't dry

Reply #6 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 6:37pm
ok . . .I'll bite (pun intended).

2 Guys walk into a bar. One asks "You know what really happened to Michael Hutchence?" The other guy responds . .

Anyway, wouldn't Struggle from Talk is Cheap meet the 'lifestyle' criteria?

More importantly, is this thread subject a Rocks Off first?

Should it be moved to the Joey thread?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #7 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 6:40pm
If I see any poo pictures I will alert the moderator.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #8 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 7:24pm
Some Guy wrote on Dec 27th, 2015 at 6:40pm:

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #9 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 7:29pm

Some Boogie?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #10 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 9:17pm
patioaintdry wrote on Dec 27th, 2015 at 6:37pm:
Anyway, wouldn't Struggle from Talk is Cheap meet the 'lifestyle' criteria?

Well, it contains the line about struggling only tightens it up, but it just sounds to me that "Struggle" is really about being a musician or artist. Throwing yourself into your music, giving it everything, and so on. Lyrics with amusing typo.

Quote:
More importantly, is this thread subject a Rocks Off first?

It seems so. Before I posted this, I searched for "BDSM" and "femdom" and got nothing. Even "kinky" didn't turn up much, which surprised me.

Quote:
Should it be moved to the Joey thread?

No idea. I'm still a newbie so I don't even get what the Joey? thread is about.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #11 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 9:25pm

So you're interested enough to keep reading this thread.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #12 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 1:55am
Bored at the moment so I decided to update this thread.

Jimi Hendrix—Ball & Chain For Sale. I'm not sure that this song really exists. I've found it on more than one lyrics sites but have never heard it and can't find a copy anywhere. So take this one with a grain of salt, I guess. It sounds like his girlfriend was trying to be a domme (and possibly experimenting with hoodoo) and Jimi wasn't entirely pleased with the results. Decided to try submitting and didn't like it? Or was she just a bad domme? Hmmm. Lyrics.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #13 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 8:14am
That song has a line or two from Jimi's "Who Knows."

"She got chains attached to my head."

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #14 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 1:02pm
Steel Wheels wrote on Jan 4th, 2016 at 8:14am:
That song has a line or two from Jimi's "Who Knows."

"She got chains attached to my head."

Yeah, I remember that. A reference to mental domination? He also calls her his "seller" in another line of the song. Was she prostituting him too? Kinky!

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #15 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 1:05pm
FrG - When does the red rawness usually abate on the chair-cheeks? Should it normally have begun to fade by the time the Xmas decorations come down?

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #16 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 2:12pm
WaiteringOnAFiend wrote on Jan 4th, 2016 at 1:05pm:
FrG - When does the red rawness usually abate on the chair-cheeks? Should it normally have begun to fade by the time the Xmas decorations come down?

Well, it depends on how severe the punishment was. The redness from a good cropping or flogging with a rubber whip can take a while. If it wasn't too severe, then definitely. Put some good lotion on it twice a day and see if that helps.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #17 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 11:49am
Just out of curiosity, did anyone here realize that this billboard was an obvious BDSM reference?...
Even the way the ropes are criss-crossed around her legs is suggestive of bondage ropework.

Also, ... struck me as even more hilarious than the girl in it seems to find the sight of Mick tied up because, judging from the lyrics of songs like "Tie You Up (The Pain of Love)" and "I Go Wild" he probably would've enjoyed that.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #18 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 1:39pm
Didn't the Pretenders do a song about Joey? Bad Boys Get Spanked?

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #19 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 2:02pm

alert baby steelie

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #20 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 2:30pm
gimmekeef wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 1:39pm:
Didn't the Pretenders do a song about Joey? Bad Boys Get Spanked?

It seems that they did. Well, well. Thanks for the heads up! Love the whip sound you can hear in the video. Lyrics.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

SheRat
Rocks Off Regular

Chicago, IL
Reply #21 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 8:08pm
Just out of curiosity, did anyone here realize that this billboard was an obvious BDSM reference?

No. Not one of us. Ever. This whole time, like, decades. We've been too busy posting in the Joey thread, arguing about Taylor vs. Wood, and hating on the Eagles.

In other news, while I was searching for that awesome clip where Keith Moon is shackled and being whipped by a girl in a mask with a cat, I found this, which I thought was delightful.

« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2016 at 8:10pm by SheRat »  

IP Logged

SheRat
Rocks Off Regular

Chicago, IL
Reply #22 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 8:10pm
Also, your list is missing, at the very least, this:

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #23 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 5:36am
SheRat wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 8:08pm:
Just out of curiosity, did anyone here realize that this billboard was an obvious BDSM reference?

No. Not one of us. Ever. This whole time, like, decades. We've been too busy posting in the Joey thread, arguing about Taylor vs. Wood, and hating on the Eagles.

In other news, while I was searching for that awesome clip where Keith Moon is shackled and being whipped by a girl in a mask with a cat, I found this, which I thought was delightful.

I was wondering! I make a thread that points out that the guys made a couple of songs that were blatantly about S&M and I got the impression that the prevalent reaction was, "Oh, that's... interesting, Gin." Considering those S&M songs and the obvious hypersexed attitude of the Stones (their logo looks like an offer of cunnilingus for fuck's sake, and then there's the song "Sex Drive") I was expecting to see more people like me here, you know?

And what is with the hating on the Eagles? I'm not a huge fan of theirs or anything; in fact, I know next to nothing about them. Is there some kind of rivalry between them and the Stones I didn't know about? (A Google search of "Eagles Rolling Stones" yielded only that they had performed together in Milwaukee.)

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #24 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 5:37am
SheRat wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 8:10pm:
Also, your list is missing, at the very least, this:

Oh, nice. Thank you!

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)