Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Paris Attacked (Read 9,496 times)
Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Paris Attacked
Nov 13th, 2015 at 9:59pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

Terrorist attacks in Paris:

http://time.com/4112639/paris-attack-terror-bataclan-hollande/

I am in The United States as most of you know. I am very sorry to know of the incidents in Paris.... (as we all are that I've saw and talked to here in the States about it).

Please take care of one another across the pond.

Ian
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2015 at 7:45pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Paris Attacked
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 11:00pm
How sad!  What is the world coming to?

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 11:20pm
Ridiculous vomit violence.  If the world would come together, we could beat whatever these people think they are attacking, because it's the enemy of all of us.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2015 at 11:23pm by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 11:40pm
andrews27 wrote on Nov 13th, 2015 at 11:20pm:
Ridiculous vomit violence.  If the world would come together, we could beat whatever these people think they are attacking, because it's the enemy of all of us.

Say what? Defenseless people are the enemy of us all?

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2015 at 8:08am
No words... just the Rocks Off Candle once more

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2015 at 8:16am
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Nov 14th, 2015 at 8:08am:

Amen

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #6 - Nov 14th, 2015 at 9:21am

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #7 - Nov 14th, 2015 at 9:24am
Mr. Yeats wrote on Nov 13th, 2015 at 11:40pm:

Through us, the defenseless, they're attacking the people who make decisions for us, decisions with which we largely do not agree and would not make ourselves.

They imagine that if we are hurt enough we will acquire the power to change our leadership, which is an illusion.  Because we cannot reach the rich who control our leadership.  Those are the defended.
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2015 at 11:58am by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #8 - Nov 14th, 2015 at 12:12pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Nov 14th, 2015 at 8:08am:

Perfect Voodoo.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #9 - Nov 14th, 2015 at 4:13pm
Awful tragedy.  Those scumbags were probably 5-6  years old when the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 occurred.  So an apparent assembly line of these religious maniac/psychos is in operation, with no end to easy murder in the foreseeable future.  Seems like these lousy Middle Eastern countries and cultures could be forced into doing more to control this, but they have no incentive given the West's inability to make decisions on how to proceed.  Too conflicted with contrary goals (oil, Israel, politics/religion, resources).  Until that clears up, I suppose we get used to religious scumbags committing meaningless and sad acts of faith.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #10 - Nov 14th, 2015 at 5:02pm
andrews27 wrote on Nov 14th, 2015 at 9:24am:

Through us, the defenseless, they're attacking the people who make decisions for us, decisions with which we largely do not agree and would not make ourselves.

They imagine that if we are hurt enough we will acquire the power to change our leadership, which is an illusion.  Because we cannot reach the rich who control our leadership.  Those are the defended.

I take your point. But I do take issue with the popular notion that these acts are mainly motivated by religion or political or economic concerns. The use of religion has a long history of being used as a symbol and raison d'etre for violence. In the modern epoch, socio/economic inequality has tended to be the prime motivator for terrorism.

I propose this: that the current state of "Islamic" terror is informed by nothing other than pure and unbridled nihilism.
In other words - it's fun to kill. It's fun to rape. It's fun to play Almighty God and destroy all and any life or symbols of life at your whim. "I am become death".

I sincerely believe this is the primary psychological paradigm informing this particular strain of terror. They do it because they can.

« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2015 at 5:03pm by Mr. Yeats »  

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #11 - Nov 14th, 2015 at 6:06pm
I agree, Mr. Yeats.  Because of mob economic frustrations and reaction to other personal ills, there is always that "fun" quality to revolutionary violence, apart from ideology.  It happened in the French Revolution and in the Maoist history of China, and it's disturbing (though predictable) that it's happening rampantly in Isis.  It has been observed that the oil wealth of the region has never trickled down to its poor.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #12 - Nov 14th, 2015 at 9:25pm
Very sad situation. What worries me the most is the sport events and concert shootings. U2 cancelled the rest of their Paris shows and some other bands are cancelling Europe legs or specific dates and venues in Europe. Not that this is specifically a European problem, but it is a big problem and I worry about sports arenas and concert venues. Security has to tighten up big time. Some crazy terrorist could target The Stones.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #13 - Nov 14th, 2015 at 11:30pm
Mr. Yeats wrote on Nov 14th, 2015 at 5:02pm:

I take your point. But I do take issue with the popular notion that these acts are mainly motivated by religion or political or economic concerns. The use of religion has a long history of being used as a symbol and raison d'etre for violence. In the modern epoch, socio/economic inequality has tended to be the prime motivator for terrorism.

I propose this: that the current state of "Islamic" terror is informed by nothing other than pure and unbridled nihilism.
In other words - it's fun to kill. It's fun to rape. It's fun to play Almighty God and destroy all and any life or symbols of life at your whim. "I am become death".

I sincerely believe this is the primary psychological paradigm informing this particular strain of terror. They do it because they can.

Which PhD candidate wrote this circularity?  Good job on hitting all the buzz words.  Jesus Christ with this fucking stuff.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #14 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 4:34am
Bob Dylan "Masters Of War"  (writer Bob Dylan)

Come you masters of war
You that build all the guns
You that build the death planes
You that build all the bombs
You that hide behind walls
You that hide behind desks
I just want you to know
I can see through your masks.

You that never done nothin'
But build to destroy
You play with my world
Like it's your little toy
You put a gun in my hand
And you hide from my eyes
And you turn and run farther
When the fast bullets fly.

Like Judas of old
You lie and deceive
A world war can be won
You want me to believe
But I see through your eyes
And I see through your brain
Like I see through the water
That runs down my drain.

You fasten all the triggers
For the others to fire
Then you set back and watch
When the death count gets higher
You hide in your mansion'
As young people's blood
Flows out of their bodies
And is buried in the mud.

You've thrown the worst fear
That can ever be hurled
Fear to bring children
Into the world
For threatening my baby
Unborn and unnamed
You ain't worth the blood
That runs in your veins.

How much do I know
To talk out of turn
You might say that I'm young
You might say I'm unlearned
But there's one thing I know
Though I'm younger than you
That even Jesus would never
Forgive what you do.

Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul.

And I hope that you die
And your death'll come soon
I will follow your casket
In the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered
Down to your deathbed
And I'll stand over your grave
'Til I'm sure that you're dead.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #15 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 8:19am
Bitch wrote on Nov 14th, 2015 at 9:25pm:
Very sad situation. What worries me the most is the sport events and concert shootings. U2 cancelled the rest of their Paris shows and some other bands are cancelling Europe legs or specific dates and venues in Europe. Not that this is specifically a European problem, but it is a big problem and I worry about sports arenas and concert venues. Security has to tighten up big time. Some crazy terrorist could target The Stones.

I totally get what youre saying and no offence to the Stones, U2 or any other band,  but I'd be a lot more concerned about the safety of 60,000 people in a stadium than primarily focussing on four musicians.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2015 at 8:21am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #16 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 9:37am
Gazza wrote on Nov 15th, 2015 at 8:19am:

I totally get what youre saying and no offence to the Stones, U2 or any other band,  but I'd be a lot more concerned about the safety of 60,000 people in a stadium than primarily focussing on four musicians.

Yeah of course I am concerned for the fans too because I go to many different stadiums for sports and shows and so do my friends, so its personal. I am just saying they are targeting popular culture in general, and The Stones are very high on the list.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #17 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 9:46am
What possible insanity could delude someone into thinking that killing innocent people will somehow convince governments to give into their hollow manifestos?

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #18 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 9:50am
"  U2 cancelled the rest of their Paris shows and some other bands are cancelling Europe legs or specific dates and venues in Europe. "

<  ----- It is the smart move . ISIS snuck in their operatives amongst all the millions of migrants / refugees that entered the European Continent over the summer  .   

Every European nation who accepted these migrants is now a ticking time bomb  ( See :  Vietnam : Tet Offensive    --   January  , 1968  )  . 

Who's Next .................... ?    ... Who .. ?!

Developing ....................................................

Shiver ...........................................

Joey " Ho Chi " Minh ®
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2015 at 12:38pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #19 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 10:24am

Suicide bombing is fun? I'm all for fun. But I think I'll pass on that.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #20 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 11:19am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Nov 15th, 2015 at 10:24am:

Suicide bombing is fun? I'm all for fun. But I think I'll pass on that.

It's fun to too many fucking people, because they're getting No Fun everywhere else, and I don't mean from Iggy.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #21 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 11:20am
Bitch wrote on Nov 15th, 2015 at 9:37am:
Gazza wrote on Nov 15th, 2015 at 8:19am:

Yeah of course I am concerned for the fans too because I go to many different stadiums for sports and shows and so do my friends, so its personal. I am just saying they are targeting popular culture in general, and The Stones are very high on the list.

yes. Absolutely right.

Anyway, speaking of which and without wishing to trivialise these atrocities, here's the band who were playing at Le Bataclan covering the Stones.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #22 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 2:27pm

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #23 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 6:53pm
They dont suicide bomb because its fun, they do it because they are brainwashed. The leaders reach out to the down and out who have nothing to lose and they are convinced there is nothing to live for. I heard a report that said some of those bombers were gay and they will be killed anyway, so might as well just die for the cause. Another story is about woman who broke the laws regarding sexual conduct and she was also doomed to die anyway. They have no hope so they do it as a way out of embarassing the families. I'm sure many others are willing to die for the cause, but a lot of them are just shit out of luck and hopeless. 

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #24 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 10:15pm
They hate us because we can have fun without (much) guilt.

"In a blessed battle whose causes of success were enabled by Allah, a group of believers from the soldiers of the Caliphate (may Allah strengthen and support it) set out targeting the capital of prostitution and vice, the lead carrier of the cross in Europe — Paris. [...] The targets included the Bataclan theatre for exhibitions, where hundreds of pagans gathered for a concert of prostitution and vice."

No religious bigotry intended in my reposting of this quote.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2015 at 10:25pm by andrews27 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)