Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Keith Writing With Mick Now? ... Keith Mentioned it ... from Ian (Read 62,394 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Keith Writing With Mick Now? ... Keith Mentioned it ... from Ian
Reply #225 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 7:38pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
patioaintdry wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 6:43pm:
I'm monitoring this thread closely, and will, at a time of my choosing, engage. Until then, I'll continue to monitor --  closely.

Got a good line on some beachfront property in Arizona if you're interested.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #226 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 9:34pm
Gazza wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 5:10pm:
>If the album is in the can.. why are they recording again (perhaps he was referring to it is basically ready to be fully recorded with fresh material ready to go?).

they are? Did I miss something?

Possibly you did. Keith was asked what they are doing since the SA tour has ended between Exhibitionism and his response was they are ..'actually... at the moment we are in the studio cutting new stuff'.... As well .. Keith has recently (just yesterday) been photoed / allowed a photo of him in the studio. As well Time Magazine reported they are currently in the studio.

Ian
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2016 at 9:44pm by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #227 - Apr 13th, 2016 at 9:11am
Ian Billen wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 9:34pm:
>If the album is in the can.. why are they recording again (perhaps he was referring to it is basically ready to be fully recorded with fresh material ready to go?).

Possibly you did. Keith was asked what they are doing since the SA tour has ended between Exhibitionism and his response was they are ..'actually... at the moment we are in the studio cutting new stuff'.... As well .. Keith has recently (just yesterday) been photoed / allowed a photo of him in the studio. As well Time Magazine reported they are currently in the studio.

Ian

The Associated Press reported today that the British rock legends plan to release a new platter some time this year.

“We went in to cut some new songs, which we did,” Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood told the AP. “But we got on a blues streak. We cut 11 blues in two days.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #228 - Apr 13th, 2016 at 5:12pm
It's coming hard and fast...

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #229 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:17pm
Some Guy wrote on Apr 13th, 2016 at 5:12pm:

^ ...That is what 'she said'.. .. .. .... Mr. Some Guy ( Shocked )

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #230 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:57pm
Ian Billen wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:17pm:
Some Guy wrote on Apr 13th, 2016 at 5:12pm:

^ ...That is what 'she said'.. .. .. .... Mr. Some Guy ( Shocked )

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #231 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 11:32pm
Gazza Wrote:

[/quote]

Whilst I think it could be good, its something they could have dusted off in two days at any time in the last decade.

I am with you on that concept. I would 'love' to hear 10-11 odd blues covers by them ... in an all blues covers album..

HOWEVER NOT in place of a brand new studio album!!! (Im with you there).

I'd simply <love> to hear an album of 11 blues covers done real.y well by them with a certain aura and sound to it. It would be a nice special edition ...but that could of been done at any time within the past.. Oh lol 10 years as you said. I still very much want something like that.. but goodness .. that isn't hard for them to do. Set aside a friggin week and they could have that knocked out easy at any time.. that's no effort for them really.

That is or would be as easy as pie for them to do and they could of done that at any given time.. NOT NOW.. because now..(see below)

RIGHT NOW I want an all new Rolling Stones studio album, thank you very much!

**Giving us an album of covers at this very point and time would be a slap in the face in a sense .. Blues or no blues covers and regardless of how fantastic it was. Save it or incorporate it but we want a new studio album upfront, yo!
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2016 at 11:36pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #232 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 7:13pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Apr 13th, 2016 at 9:11am:

Ian

The Associated Press reported today that the British rock legends plan to release a new platter some time this year.

“We went in to cut some new songs, which we did,” Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood told the AP. “But we got on a blues streak. We cut 11 blues in two days.

Oh well thats a bit encouraging, if somewhat confusing. I've been a bit out of the loop in recent weeks with other distractions. Cheers.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #233 - Apr 16th, 2016 at 7:56pm
Gazza wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 7:13pm:
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Apr 13th, 2016 at 9:11am:

Ian

Oh well thats a bit encouraging, if somewhat confusing. I've been a bit out of the loop in recent weeks with other distractions. Cheers.

Yeah ... 'in the can' ... alright.. meaning full of BS Keith Richards (as we figured) !!

Ronnie blabs..= half the time its total bull ...half the time its factual... that's the problem with his smeil .. ya just never know lol. 

Keith Blabs - 75% of everything he says is an exaggeration... just like right now .. another major exaggeration Lol

Charile - doesn't blab .. he doesn't say much at all .. that's why he's Charlie.

Micks comments - Most of the time he is evasive.. however when he does manage to make mention of something it is few and far between .. and his commentary is very short.. >> ...however Micks actual comments are what's generally truly taking place ....

Ian

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #234 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 6:12pm
"Keith Blabs - 75% of everything he says is an exaggeration... just like right now .. another major exaggeration "

Yep....like A Bigger Bang being a pretty even creative collaboration  Waka Jawaka

"however Micks actual comments are what's generally truly taking place ...."

NOW ya get it.....

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #235 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 11:47am
Gazza wrote on Apr 17th, 2016 at 6:12pm:
"Keith Blabs - 75% of everything he says is an exaggeration... just like right now .. another major exaggeration "

Yep....like A Bigger Bang being a pretty even creative collaboration  Waka Jawaka

"however Micks actual comments are what's generally truly taking place ...."

NOW ya get it.....

I always got that.. I never thought it was 100% totally even .. (let's not spin it into something it wasn't). I agree Mick had a bit more to do with the writing that album .... but it sure as hell was no 90 to 10% thing like so many tried to say it was. 

Keith was never the one who said they worked 100% evenly  at any stage ... It was their producer Don Was, engineer Kirsh Sharma and Charlie Watts .. and the content creator of the DVD on the making of the album and Rolling Stone magazine who covered it.

*In fact ... Keith said Mick had the 'lions share' of demos brought in for that album ..

I figured it was a 60/40 affair.. Nothing in song writing is ever really 50-50.

Ya-all acted like these songs were only Mick Jagger songs and Keith really had no creative input to the sessions much at all ...  that was anything but true and from all the research I've done it was only reported they worked closer on creating the songs than they had in a very long time.

Look .. I investigated the sessions and what took place probably by at the VERY LEAST <twice> as much as anyone here.. (no kidding)... From everything I could find out.. Mick had a bit more demos brought in but that is as far as it went... and as well they really collaborated in the writing process better than they had in a very long time. If it was the opposite or not the case of what it the consensus I'd just say so Lol (it isn't).

On a few few of The songs Keith actually did the majority of the writing in which nobody here ever dreamed was possible ... EX: It Wont Take Long... Rough Justice... Look What The Cat Dragged in etc.

We can go back and forth over it until the cows come. However ... All the evidence.. (and interviews and articles about the making of that particular album) and research I've done on that very topic clearly mentioned is that it was a very 'collaborative effort' between Mick and Keith. That is what I must go with. Until you find something concrete that proves the opposite.. you have your opinion on what took place and I have mine.

The only people who say it was not and that Mick did most of the writing is people 'not in the know' and on a few message boards. All the people involved and who were there (as well as a few of the band members themselves) say the opposite or contrary to that.

>> Again .. just going by what the people who were there and actually involved in the making of the album and who professionally covered the situation say / said ...
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2016 at 2:45pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Tampa Bay
Reply #236 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 2:50pm
Hey. So. If there's actual news about an album would you guys mind starting a new thread?

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #237 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 4:10pm
Holden wrote on Apr 18th, 2016 at 2:50pm:
Hey. So. If there's actual news about an album would you guys mind starting a new thread?

Ok.... I can do that. I simply didn't want to convolute / bloat the board with overlapping content.

Ian

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #238 - Apr 19th, 2016 at 8:54am
Ian Billen wrote on Apr 18th, 2016 at 4:10pm:
Holden wrote on Apr 18th, 2016 at 2:50pm:

Ok.... I can do that. I simply didn't want to convolute / bloat the board with overlapping content.

Ian

Too late........Way too late.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)