Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
In memory of Tom Layhue (TomL, Sai Wong, Willie Dixon)
With Sir Moonie, Fleabit Peanut Monkey, and Nanky © NFI but thanks!r!

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Keith Writing With Mick Now? ... Keith Mentioned it ... from Ian (Read 62,414 times)
sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Re: Keith Writing With Mick Now? ... Keith Mentioned it ... from Ian
Reply #200 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 5:09pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
mojoman wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 7:32pm:
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 6:54pm:
Some Guy wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 3:39pm:
So if it's Howlin’ Wolf and Little Walter covers- what does our crack staff think it might be?

They think they might need more crack.  Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

You had to post that one.  really? Shit! you made a grown man cry

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #201 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 9:58am
To get a true hit song we're gonna need to go full falsetto with some spoken word.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #202 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 10:01am
Some Guy wrote on Apr 7th, 2016 at 9:58am:
To get a true hit song we're gonna need to go full falsetto with some spoken word.

Emotional Rescue  ( PART II  ) ?!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #203 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 10:04am
Joey, you magnificent bastard!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #204 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 10:16am
Some Guy wrote on Apr 7th, 2016 at 10:04am:
Joey, you magnificent bastard!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #205 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 6:48pm
Edith Grove wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 5:35am:
Gazza wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 3:47am:
Supposedly Ronnie let it slip yesterday that the sessions in December consisted of an album of blues covers

Well, with this & Exhibitionism rolling out, could be the the Stones have come full circle.

It's been one helluva ride.......

Alpha and Omega.

Said it before - they should do what the Beatles did when they re-created the front cover of their debut album for the aborted 'Get Back' album (they later used both pics for the 'Red' and 'Blue' album covers), and just call the new album "England's Oldest Hitmakers"

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Tampa Bay
Reply #206 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 8:26pm
Gazza wrote on Apr 7th, 2016 at 6:48pm:
Edith Grove wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 5:35am:
Gazza wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 3:47am:
Supposedly Ronnie let it slip yesterday that the sessions in December consisted of an album of blues covers

Well, with this & Exhibitionism rolling out, could be the the Stones have come full circle.

It's been one helluva ride.......

Alpha and Omega.

Said it before - they should do what the Beatles did when they re-created the front cover of their debut album for the aborted 'Get Back' album (they later used both pics for the 'Red' and 'Blue' album covers), and just call the new album "England's Oldest Hitmakers"

They would need a new hit though.

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #207 - Apr 8th, 2016 at 10:06am
What subject would a hit song cover sung by older gentleman?

IP Logged

Eduardo BM Paiva
Rocks Off Regular

Brasil
Reply #208 - Apr 8th, 2016 at 10:41am
Honestly don't think they need a hit anymore. The don't need to prove themselves. Mick should just let go of this idea of making the radio parades again

Look at Springsteen. He may be the biggest act on the world right now, and his songs rarely play on the radio. He's aged gracefully

I think the idea of an album of blues covers is awesome. Throw in there Mick's mean harp playing, Ronnie's awesome slide playing and Keith's licks and you have a great back to basics album

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #209 - Apr 9th, 2016 at 9:05am
We would like something Some Girls- esque honestly

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #210 - Apr 9th, 2016 at 10:33am
Some Guy wrote on Apr 9th, 2016 at 9:05am:
We would like something Some Girls- esque honestly

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #211 - Apr 9th, 2016 at 11:03am
Eduardo BM Paiva wrote on Apr 8th, 2016 at 10:41am:
Honestly don't think they need a hit anymore. The don't need to prove themselves. Mick should just let go of this idea of making the radio parades again

Look at Springsteen. He may be the biggest act on the world right now, and his songs rarely play on the radio. He's aged gracefully

I think the idea of an album of blues covers is awesome. Throw in there Mick's mean harp playing, Ronnie's awesome slide playing and Keith's licks and you have a great back to basics album

I agree! I love real blues. I still listen to Muddy Waters and John Lee Hooker on a regular basis. I like the Stones' blues covers I've heard in the past and "Back of My Hand" is one of my all-time fave blues songs. Hell, it's one of my all-time fave songs, period. I'd love to hear more music along those lines!

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #212 - Apr 11th, 2016 at 12:16am

Some Guy is a warrior - !

Ok now onto the album:

Lol .. everyone complains The Stones don't put out any fresh material .. and now here is everyone wanting an album of blues covers...?

I don't want a friggin album of blues ...uh 'covers' (although I would like to hear a few on a special release or certain edition or something) .. I want a damn Rolling Stones album smh Lol

I  (we...The World) did not wait 11 years to get an album of songs they didn't write or some kind of cover / concept album, yo .. .... I (most) want an actual Stones Studio Release ...minus a total concept album and minus doing only cover songs Lol

Onto how it actually is and will go down:

Will the album be basically only an extensive album of Blues covers - no.

Is the album basically 'in the bag' as Keith stated - no.

Are they working on it - yes.

*There is a possibility they wrote something (a song or a few songs) in South America that has a 'latino vibe'.. hence the dude from Super Heavy being involved with Mick currently (pure speculation.. and only saying 'what if'?).

Anyway .. back to the album being finished ... Well For example Mick says they are going into The Studio to record more... >> Well for what...? It's already in the bag.. its already basically all recorded according to Keith lol (and most likely mixed) .. << Sarcasm.

I think by very very late June / early July ..the album will be fully recorded. I think by mid August it will be mixed and ready to go. I think it will be out / released in October. That is how I kinda feel it's going ...

« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2016 at 12:24am by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #213 - Apr 11th, 2016 at 7:12am
Ian?...any stock picks I can short??

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #214 - Apr 11th, 2016 at 4:24pm
Ian Billen wrote on Apr 11th, 2016 at 12:16am:

Ok now onto the album:

Lol .. everyone complains The Stones don't put out any fresh material .. and now here is everyone wanting an album of blues covers...?

I'm not, Whilst I think it could be good, its something they could have dusted off in two days at any time in the last decade.

If, after an eleven year gap between their last record, they're so bereft of inspiration that they cant put out a dozen decent original songs for what will (going by the gap between releases in the last two decades as a yardstick)  probably be their final album, then its time to call it for what it is. Proof that they're washed up.

... ... ...
IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #215 - Apr 11th, 2016 at 6:45pm
Presumably the blues were to get their tongues, fingers and bottoms comfortable? Or for a bonus disc?

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #216 - Apr 11th, 2016 at 7:39pm
Gazza wrote on Apr 11th, 2016 at 4:24pm:
Ian Billen wrote on Apr 11th, 2016 at 12:16am:

Ok now onto the album:

I'm not, Whilst I think it could be good, its something they could have dusted off in two days at any time in the last decade.

If, after an eleven year gap between their last record, they're so bereft of inspiration that they cant put out a dozen decent original songs for what will (going by the gap between releases in the last two decades as a yardstick)  probably be their final album, then its time to call it for what it is. Proof that they're washed up.

If you are saying all they could come up with thus far is blues covers then I think you are wrong... I'm pretty sure they have plenty, or at least 'will have' plenty of their own original material to record.

>> The session in December was just to get their feet planted. That's all it was... as they noted in the very beggining. As far as them having to do blues covers ... they  <always> do blues covers when they are in the studio. The only difference is that this time they did a whole slew in getting some ground work laid down and someone recorded every one of them is all it seems.

If you are saying there is all the proof we need they are washed up studio wise lol .. ....Well why not wait until <AFTER> you hear the album before you claim or decide they are washed up studio wise Lol smh.

They are recording an album .. wouldn't it make more sense to wait until it's released in finally hearing it to make that call?

Again .. the session in December was simply to get the ball rolling. I'm sure they have or will have <plenty> of original stuff. This album is not going to be an album of covers.. so forget that idea right now.
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2016 at 7:43pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #217 - Apr 11th, 2016 at 8:26pm

>If you are saying all they could come up with thus far is blues covers then I think you are wrong...

You seem to have ignored the use of the word 'if' in my statement, which renders the rest of the above statement and your subsequent argument pointless.

>I'm pretty sure they have plenty, or at least 'will have' plenty of their own original material to record.

You aren't 'pretty sure' at all because you have nothing other than wishful thinking to go on. They may indeed have plenty of their own material. As there's nothing to suggest they're going to record and release them, then that supposition is meaningless.

> The session in December was just to get their feet planted. That's all it was... as they noted in the very beggining. As far as them having to do blues covers ... they  <always> do blues covers when they are in the studio. The only difference is that this time they did a whole slew in getting some ground work laid down and someone recorded every one of them is all it seems.

And now they're releasing them instead of original material. Easy option. If it was 'just to get their feet planted' then they wouldnt be planning to put it out.

>If you are saying there is all the proof we need they are washed up studio wise lol .. .

You might need to read what I said again instead of putting words in my mouth.

>...Well why not wait until <AFTER> you hear the album before you claim or decide they are washed up studio wise 

Which album is this? the album of covers which they've stated that they ARE releasing or the one of originals that you reckon they'll make at some point in the future?

The latter, as yet, doesnt exist. So I'll base my statement on what IS happening as opposed to some kind of fantasy album. A band who has released two new songs in eleven years, with hardly any solo work in the interim period, who then choose to throw together an album of covers cut in two days in favour of working on new songs can be safely said to be lacking in creativity.

>Lol smh.

What does this even mean?

>They are recording an album .. wouldn't it make more sense to wait until it's released in finally hearing it to make that call?

What call? As I've said, it'll probably be very good. But as its covers, I cant see how you can seriously make an argument that it shows they're bursting with fresh ideas.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #218 - Apr 11th, 2016 at 10:18pm
Gazza wrote on Apr 11th, 2016 at 8:26pm:
>If you are saying all they could come up with thus far is blues covers then I think you are wrong...

You seem to have ignored the use of the word 'if' in my statement, which renders the rest of the above statement and your subsequent argument pointless.

>I'm pretty sure they have plenty, or at least 'will have' plenty of their own original material to record.

You aren't 'pretty sure' at all because you have nothing other than wishful thinking to go on. They may indeed have plenty of their own material. As there's nothing to suggest they're going to record and release them, then that supposition is meaningless.

> The session in December was just to get their feet planted. That's all it was... as they noted in the very beggining. As far as them having to do blues covers ... they  <always> do blues covers when they are in the studio. The only difference is that this time they did a whole slew in getting some ground work laid down and someone recorded every one of them is all it seems.

And now they're releasing them instead of original material. Easy option. If it was 'just to get their feet planted' then they wouldnt be planning to put it out.

>If you are saying there is all the proof we need they are washed up studio wise lol .. .

>...Well why not wait until <AFTER> you hear the album before you claim or decide they are washed up studio wise 

Which album is this? the album of covers which they've stated that they ARE releasing or the one of originals that you reckon they'll make at some point in the future?

The latter, as yet, doesnt exist. So I'll base my statement on what IS happening as opposed to some kind of fantasy album. A band who has released two new songs in eleven years, with hardly any solo work in the interim period, who then choose to throw together an album of covers cut in two days in favour of working on new songs can be safely said to be lacking in creativity.

>Lol smh.

>They are recording an album .. wouldn't it make more sense to wait until it's released in finally hearing it to make that call?

What call? As I've said, it'll probably be very good. But as its covers, I cant see how you can seriously make an argument that it shows they're bursting with fresh ideas.

Gazza.. if you (and others) think they are releasing an album comprised of blues covers and that is the new studio album they are working on you are very wrong here Lol.... (at least I sincerely HOPE you are wrong).

They never said they are putting out an album of blues covers.. only that they recorded them in starting out... and it inspired them .. nothing other than that... 

All this talk of ....'the album of blues covers that is the new studio album' ....has gotten waaaay out of hand... and isn't the case. Trust me for once ..

Ian
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2016 at 11:42am by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

polytoxic
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #219 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 10:28am
And now speculation swings the other way after Swedish producer Carl Falk (One Direction) posted a shot with Mick Jagger on Instagram saying they were working on a project.

https://www.instagram.com/carlfalkmusic/?hl=en

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #220 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 12:02pm
Ian Billen wrote on Apr 11th, 2016 at 10:18pm:

>Lol smh.

Gazza.. if you (and others) think they are releasing an album comprised of blues covers and that is the new studio album they are working on you are very wrong here Lol.... (at least I sincerely HOPE you are wrong).

They never said they are putting out an album of blues covers.. only that they recorded them in starting out... and it inspired them .. nothing other than that... 

All this talk of ....'the album of blues covers that is the new studio album' ....has gotten waaaay out of hand... and isn't the case. Trust me for once ..

Ian

I hope so. By the way, could you tell Ronnie Wood about your findings? He seems to be convinced its an album of blues covers.  The other guitarist in the band (his name escapes me) also seems to think that, having spent a few days together in December, the next record is finished.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #221 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 12:07pm
polytoxic wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 10:28am:
And now speculation swings the other way after Swedish producer Carl Falk (One Direction) posted a shot with Mick Jagger on Instagram saying they were working on a project.

https://www.instagram.com/carlfalkmusic/?hl=en

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Falk

Cant say I know of him. No mention of One Direction here, but a resumé of Swedish House Mafia, Nicki Minaj and The Black Eyed Peas screams the words 'solo project' as opposed to 'Stones album'.

At least I fucking hope so!

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #222 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:55pm
Gazza wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 12:02pm:
Ian Billen wrote on Apr 11th, 2016 at 10:18pm:

>Lol smh.

Ian

I hope so. By the way, could you tell Ronnie Wood about your findings? He seems to be convinced its an album of blues covers.  The other guitarist in the band (his name escapes me) also seems to think that, having spent a few days together in December, the next record is finished.

You and I both know and agree Mr. Keith is full of BS ... If the album is in the can.. why are they recording again (perhaps he was referring to it is basically ready to be fully recorded with fresh material ready to go?).

I think for once Ronnie purposefully planted the statements about them doing all kinds of blues covers as an 'indicator' that what they have done so far has been blues based and inspired by the blues (along with the covers they recorded).

*This is not Stripped part 2 and it is ... not an album of covers... They are recording a new studio album (fresh material.. newly cut... A newbie .. but possibly a final adding to the long list of studio releases in their catalog).

Do I 'know' that. Well of course not .. I'm not right there in the studio with em. It just makes sense.. because if that is not the case and you are right.. Mr. Billen throws in the towel and concedes .. they are completely dried up and washed up as far as new stuff goes.

However I think .. and am pretty darn sure this a fresh new studio album... Not any sort of retrospect or covers edition (though it may contain a cover or two.. or some sort of special edition with additional covers as some of their other albums have in the past).

Still either way .. this is no rendition .. or set of covers to be released...  ..  This is a brand new Rolling Stones studio album, my friend. 

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:56pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #223 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 5:10pm
>If the album is in the can.. why are they recording again (perhaps he was referring to it is basically ready to be fully recorded with fresh material ready to go?).

they are? Did I miss something?

... ... ...
IP Logged

patioaintdry
Rocks Off Regular

the pools in but the patio
ain't dry

Reply #224 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 6:43pm
I'm monitoring this thread closely, and will, at a time of my choosing, engage. Until then, I'll continue to monitor --  closely.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)