Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Keith Writing With Mick Now? ... Keith Mentioned it ... from Ian (Read 62,428 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Keith Writing With Mick Now? ... Keith Mentioned it ... from Ian
Reply #175 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 4:02pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Ian ?

Straight from fucking Nebraska:

Keith Richards Says a New Rolling Stones Album Is "in the Can"

http://kwbe.com/abc_classicr/keith-richards-says-a-new-rolling-stones-album-is-i...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #176 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 4:24pm
Edith Grove wrote on Apr 1st, 2016 at 4:02pm:
Ian ?

http://kwbe.com/abc_classicr/keith-richards-says-a-new-rolling-stones-album-is-i...

April Fools' Day is celebrated every year on 1 April by playing practical jokes and spreading hoaxes. The jokes and their victims are called April fools. People playing April Fool jokes expose their prank by shouting April Fool. Some newspapers, magazines, and other published media report fake stories, which are usually explained the next day or below the news section in small letters. Although popular since the 19th century, the day is not a public holiday in any country.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #177 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 4:34pm
Some Guy wrote on Apr 1st, 2016 at 4:24pm:
Edith Grove wrote on Apr 1st, 2016 at 4:02pm:
Ian ?

April Fools' Day is celebrated every year on 1 April by playing practical jokes and spreading hoaxes. The jokes and their victims are called April fools. People playing April Fool jokes expose their prank by shouting April Fool. Some newspapers, magazines, and other published media report fake stories, which are usually explained the next day or below the news section in small letters. Although popular since the 19th century, the day is not a public holiday in any country.

I never expose my prank.  piss off

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #178 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 5:14pm

I don't think this is an April fools Joke .. there is nothing here that darn surprising or shocking to constitute it as any sort of possible prank Lol (at least ... not to most of the rest of the world or besides 90% of the pessimistic Rocks Off crowd in still thinking an album is not at all probable .. Cheesy ).

I (as well as the rest of the planet.. believe a New Stones album is underway / 'in the works').

However I don't believe the album is actually 'in the can' Lol. My thought is that they got a darn good start on it probably.. that's all. Keith is just being 'Keith' ....IMO ..  exaggerating things as usual.

Ian

« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2016 at 5:17pm by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #179 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 6:06pm
Totally agree, Ian.

I hope you were sitting down when you read that.

No April Fool from me!

Some hysterical overreaction to this story on social media. If Keith doesn't know if its a good album or not then its most definitely not "in the can". 

They spent about two weeks in the studio before Christmas. They werent recording in January and have spent February and March on the road.

i'd expect a few weeks of polishing things up over the early/mid summer and a new record out in the autumn to give them some kind of 'excuse' for another round of live dates.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #180 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 8:05pm
Gazza wrote on Apr 1st, 2016 at 6:06pm:
Totally agree, Ian.

I hope you were sitting down when you read that.

No April Fool from me!

Some hysterical overreaction to this story on social media. If Keith doesn't know if its a good album or not then its most definitely not "in the can". 

They spent about two weeks in the studio before Christmas. They werent recording in January and have spent February and March on the road.

i'd expect a few weeks of polishing things up over the early/mid summer and a new record out in the autumn to give them some kind of 'excuse' for another round of live dates.

Yes I was sitting (thankfully). I do know Mick was in a studio in January .. in NYC (read it and was spoken from Mick himself .. in fact that is where he first was played the David Bowie album, Blackstar .. though Bowie was not there.). I don't know who was with him or what he was doing there ... Could of been about the sound track or score from Vinyl or something ... or he could of been dropping by for something else non-Stones related ... or perhaps it was Stones related ..(trying different Mixes .. I dunno.. I kinda doubt it ..who knows.. )?

I think Mick also suggested they (The Stones) were going into the studio in late Spring. Now ... I'm not doubting they didn't work quite a lot in those few weeks.. but as you mentioned.. Keith is just exaggerating about it being basically finished lol

My guess is that there is still plenty of recording to do (not to forget there will be mixing on the record afterward).
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2016 at 10:04pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #181 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 10:08pm
When the shi' hits the fan
He'll be sayin' it's in the can
When the whi' co' do'

Chiswick Trousers

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #182 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 9:42am

Besides making even more money? War horses couldn't drag me away Waka Jawaka Interesting stuff Ronnie!

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #183 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 2:37pm
I have been waiting since Undercover.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #184 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 8:16pm
and a new record out in the autumn to give them some kind of 'excuse' for another round of live dates.

Well.. Mr Gazz I do not want to start another go-around.. hell it's only early spring .. that is for the summer months with you and I debating things like this out ( Cheesy ).

However I disagree.. I don't think them making an album is an 'excuse' of any sort..in touring or not to tour. They could (and have been) tour and still fill up places just fine.. album or no album.

As you know.. making an album takes considerable work .. (and ample time) whether songs are already written or not (it is a chore .. and can be an extensive one). They have more to risk in putting out something mediocre (or poor) if they were not 'into it' than simply not putting anything out or lots of work into a release.

The Stones are not doing 'anything' at this point and time for any other reason than for the wanting to do it IMO .. (they are filthy rich.. old.. and could easily retire or have rested on their past and still did shows here and there or tours if they wanted to. That has been the reality of the situation for a long while now...

If The Stones are doing something these days it is because ..they simply ..<want>.. to do it (dudes are in their 70's yo ....).. I think.. they think ..they still can make a darn good record and still have something to offer that is quality from that side of things. I think they are into doing exactly that... for that purpose ...so they chose to do it. They do not need an excuse to do anything.. They are The Rolling Stones  (and in their 70's) .. Although they like at least 'something' to coincide with their shows / tours... They could tour behind nothing at all .. (or another re-release) if they wanted to ... or with no other underlying motive or concept at all quite easily if it was only about that. They are doing a record because they simply want to go into the studio and make one again..

Ian
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2016 at 9:17pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #185 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 8:36am
They hardly need any excuses at this point to tour. I have to believe the rash of rocker deaths the past while particularly Bowie has the boys feeling why waste time? This is what we love let's go for it.....Oh and $5-$7 million a night isn't a bad motivator either.....

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #186 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 3:47am
Supposedly Ronnie let it slip yesterday that the sessions in December consisted of an album of blues covers

That might account for the recent gossip that the record is 'finished'

Not exactly a type of record that would take them long to make.

It's also the sort of album they could have knocked together in a few days at any time in the eleven years since they made their last one....

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #187 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 4:43am

... ... ...
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #188 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 5:35am
Gazza wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 3:47am:
Supposedly Ronnie let it slip yesterday that the sessions in December consisted of an album of blues covers

Well, with this & Exhibitionism rolling out, could be the the Stones have come full circle.

It's been one helluva ride.......

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #189 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 8:36am
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ronnie-wood-confirms-rolling-stones-worki...

" Wood added that the album would tentatively arrive "this year." Wood made the new album remarks in London at the group's "Exhibitionism" exhibit at the city's Saatchi Gallery. The event was also attended by Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts and Keith Richards, who wasn't as forthcoming as Wood when it came to new album details. "There's one coming," Richards admitted. "I can't say no more. My lips are sealed."

BEST STONES YET !!!!!! ®

J. " Snuggles " Fly ! ™

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #190 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 11:19am
make it happen!

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #191 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 11:22am
Gazza wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 3:47am:

That might account for the recent gossip that the record is 'finished'

Not exactly a type of record that would take them long to make.

It's also the sort of album they could have knocked together in a few days at any time in the eleven years since they made their last one....

Well ... Gazza .. Richards wasn't lying after all.. they did cut more tracks than perhaps any other time in a two week span. They probably did 15 tracks or more...!!!!

Oh wait...  The only issue is that probably only four or five of them were their songs.. Lol the rest is simply them playing blues covers . ( ... Shocked .... Cheesy ... That is Keith for ya .. smh Lol)

However IMO this album will not be an album of Blues covers... it will be basically all new material (IMO they are not going to be working this thing up for it being an album of covers... It's been 11 years yo there boys! ..and if ya can't do any more than that after 11 years then SHAME On YOU!! Lol).

The December sessions were just a warm up IMO. Keith also added they are working in the Studio right now on stuff and Mick is quoted as saying their current studio work is sounding 'really good' and they will do more. I do have a feeling it will be a pretty 'blues based' record... Then again .. What Stones album isn't in one way or another?? ...ha.

Ian
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2016 at 11:26am by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #192 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 3:39pm
So if it's Howlin’ Wolf and Little Walter covers- what does our crack staff think it might be?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #193 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 5:10pm

... ... ...
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #194 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 6:54pm
Some Guy wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 3:39pm:
So if it's Howlin’ Wolf and Little Walter covers- what does our crack staff think it might be?

They think they might need more crack.  Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

FPM
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Right here in the USA
Reply #195 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 7:04pm
Meet Me In The Bottom is a Wolf cover they've done since day 1 which has never been officially released. Keith has already shown fondness for Little Walter's version of Key To The Highway and for Blue and Lonesome, the track he's listening to when Under The Influence starts. Those are my educated guesses.

Personally,  I'm psyched they're finally doing a blues album.  I've wished for it for decades.

...&&&&
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #196 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 7:32pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 6:54pm:
Some Guy wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 3:39pm:

They think they might need more crack.  Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

IP Logged

Maxmeister
Rocks Off Regular

Locked, cocked and ready
to rock!

Reply #197 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 8:07pm
Listening to XM today, the DJ passed on this info about the new album having at least 2 blues covers.
Also a fall U.S. Tours seems to be in the works.
It looks like tentative plans I have for vacation later this summer and fall will stay tentative.
The Stones tour takes precedence of course.
We are the luckiest fuckers in the world. 54 years and still rolling.

Rick

The Stones are life the rest is just details.

Always know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #198 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 5:45am
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/deccf5ad5a44483390c3c0b6cf46e367/rolling-stones-p...

The Associated Press had a quick word with Ronnie about everything. Seems very interesting.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #199 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 8:58am
We make shit happen! Keep up the pressure.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)