Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Original Alice Cooper Band Reunite For One-Off Event (Read 1,435 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
The Original Alice Cooper Band Reunite For One-Off Event
Oct 8th, 2015 at 6:33am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
The Original Alice Cooper Band Reunite For One-Off Event

by VVN MUSIC on OCTOBER 8, 2015

Two hundred people went to a book signing on Tuesday night at Good Records in Dallas to see former Alice Cooper Band member Dennis Dunaway. What they got was a historical event.

Dunaway was at the store signing his new book Snakes! Guillotines! Electric Chairs! My Adventures in the Alice Cooper Group. The evening included a panel discussion with Dunaway along with two other original members, Neal Smith and Michael Bruce but what the crowd didn’t know was that Vincent Furnier, the man now known as Alice Cooper, was in town a day early for his show opening for Motley Crue.

At 9:45, the signing was cut off but the crowd was told to wait in the parking lot while the three men set up to play a few songs. When the crowd was let back in, Dunaway, Smith and Bruce took the stage and performed Caught In a Dream. They were then joined by Ryan Roxie who has been touring with Cooper playing the guitar parts originally created by the late Glen Buxton for Be My Lover.
Then the roof came off the place as Cooper himself walked on stage and dove into I’m Eighteen. Overall, the band played a short seven song set but it was a night that nobody in attendance would forget.

Alice Cooper band set list

Caught in a Dream (from Love It to Death, 1971)
Be My Lover (from Killer, 1971)
I’m Eighteen (from Love It to Death, 1971)
Is It My Body (from Love It to Death, 1971)
No More Mr. Nice Guy (from Billion Dollar Babies, 1973)
Under My Wheels (from Killer, 1971)
School’s Out (from School’s Out, 1972)

http://www.noise11.com/news/the-original-alice-cooper-band-reunite-for-one-off-e...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Re: The Original Alice Cooper Band Reunite For One-Off Event
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2015 at 9:08am
excellent!!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2015 at 9:10am
Check Out Exclusive Photos + the Inside Story on Alice Cooper’s Surprise Reunion

By Nick DeRiso October 7, 2015

Slideshow here: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/alice-cooper-band-reunion-photos/

A moment of touring serendipity brought the remaining members of the Alice Cooper band back together overnight in Texas for the first time since their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction in 2011.

Bassist Dennis Dunaway was at Good Records in Dallas for an Oct. 6 book signing event celebrating his new memoir Snakes! Guillotines! Electric Chairs!: My Adventures in the Alice Cooper Group. Guitarist Michael Bruce and drummer Neal Smith were already scheduled to join him, and then Alice Cooper himself arrived in town a day before he was set to play a gig with Motley Crue.

A rare 8-song set followed. Ryan Roxie, who’s worked with Cooper’s solo band, sat in for the late group guitarist Glen Buxton. Click through the gallery above for exclusive photographs by Austin-based rock photographer Mark Bowman from the show.

“The surviving members of the Alice Cooper group seemed so happy to be playing together and feeding off the delirious crowd’s energy,” Bowman tells Ultimate Classic Rock. “I thought I was going to Dennis Dunaway’s book signing and in the middle of it, a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame reunion went down right in front of my face! I had not seen these guys play together live for 42 years.”

There were moments when it seemed like this surprise performance wasn’t to be, as Good Records owner/manager Chris Penn tried to accomodate the growing throng of pre-show fans who wanted the trio to sign various pieces of memorabilia. Penn finally ended the meet-and-greet at 9:45, telling the assembled crowd they could leave merchandise to be signed later.

“They were having a blast visiting with the fans,” Bowman adds, “and it was such a generous, interactive book signing that they were up there for over two hours. Somebody reminded them that it was time for a little music. They cleared the stage, came out and blew the roof off the place with Cooper classics. Why these guys are not making music today or touring today is beyond me.”

Read More: Check Out Exclusive Photos + the Inside Story on Alice Cooper's Surprise Reunion | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/alice-cooper-band-reunion-photos/?trackback=tsmcl...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3 - Oct 8th, 2015 at 10:31am
Surprise reunion by Alice Cooper original band stuns fans at record store

October 7, 2015
5:58 PM

Alice Cooper singing "I'm Eighteen" at Good Records in Dallas.

Fans at the book signing Oct. 6 for Dennis Dunaway's new book “Snakes! Guillotines! Electric Chairs!: My Adventures in The Alice Cooper Group” that already featured three of the surviving members of the original Alice Cooper band were beyond ecstatic when Alice himself made a surprise appearance, James “Bucks” Burnett, who witnessed the show, said today. The unexpected reunion happened at Good Records in Dallas, Texas.

Alice Cooper as he made his surprise appearance at Good Records in Dallas Oct. 6, 2015.
Bucks Burnett - used by permission.
“The owner of Good Records, Chris Penn, is known by the Alice Cooper organization as one of the top fans in the world and extremely devoted to the band,” Burnett, himself the owner of Cloud 8 Records in the city, said. “He scheduled a Dennis Dunaway book signing appearance for the store two months ago. Dennis is promoting his book in different cities. Chris decided he would also get Neil Smith and Michael Bruce to appear,” he said.

“It sort of became a local media item that the three surviving band members were going to reunite for a Q&A and a live performance at this book signing. And that's all that was announced.” There were rumors that Cooper might show up since he was playing in Dallas Oct. 7. “Those of us who know Chris know that if anybody could convince Alice to reunite with his old band, it would him.”

And, as it turns out, he did. “After two hours of signing and after a 45-minute Q&A, at about 10 p.m., the three band members went on stage to play as promised. “They did one song and then completely unannounced, with no introduction, Alice walks out. They did seven songs together.” The first six songs were "No More Mr. Nice Guy,” “Be My Lover,” “I'm Eighteen,” “Is It My Body,” “Under My Wheels” and “School's Out.”

Burnett says the band wasn't going to do an encore. “But people kept screaming so loud for almost 15 minutes with no letup that the guitarist from Alice's current band (Ryan Roxie) convinced Alice to come out and do an encore.” The band then sang “Elected.” They played a total of about 30 minutes. The record store was packed to capacity and the vibe was already great, Burnett said. “But when Alice walked out, it took the roof off of the place. There's no describing the pandemonium and ecstasy, especially for people like me who saw the original band.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/surprise-reunion-by-alice-cooper-original-band-s...

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #4 - Oct 8th, 2015 at 4:11pm
Don't mean to hi-jack your thread but, speaking of reunions, those Aussie rockers Cold Chisel, the most popular Aussie rockers ever have done the same. Plus a new LP, 'Perfect Crime'. Oh it's a crime alright guys, but it's more like petty larceny.

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #5 - Oct 8th, 2015 at 9:15pm
Alice Cooper opening for Motley Crue? What's next? The Stones opening for Iron Maiden?

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #6 - Oct 9th, 2015 at 8:44am

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #7 - Oct 9th, 2015 at 10:43am
Alice joins the band at 4:10

IP Logged

MP
Rocks Off Regular

I thought you were dinner,
but you were the shark

UK
Reply #8 - Oct 9th, 2015 at 6:18pm
now that would be worth taking in.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)