Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
In memory of Tom Layhue (TomL, Sai Wong, Willie Dixon)
With Jini telling the truth to the world © Don't remember!

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Keith says Stones plans to record a new <album> are "definite" as per a meeting in London with them just last week ... from IAN! (Read 15,773 times)
Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Keith says Stones plans to record a new <album> are "definite" as per a meeting in London with them just last week ... from IAN!
Sep 15th, 2015 at 8:05pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

Keith said the Stones plans to record another ..'album'.. are now .."definite"... and they ...met in London last week to discuss it ...

So come  on... let's hear it... I'm waiting...   you know what I mean ...

"It will never happen" ... "Keith is full of sh**t"  ... "They always say that" .... "No way, Hose" ...  "Keith, Me and their members are all dreaming" ... ...

Lol <YES> they plan on recording an album it seems and looks like a date is or more of a concise time frame is now officially set...

But I know  .. it ain't gonna happen ... it's all bullocks... nothing but wishful thinking here ... I mean after all ..they have absolutely no interest in that part any more right?.. .. .. ? Cheesy

Ian (sorry ... just had to)

« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2015 at 8:21pm by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Re: Keith says Stones plans to record are "definite" as per a meeting in London with them just last week ... from IAN!
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2015 at 8:12pm
If KEEF says it is so, then I think its true, or at least partially true!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Keith says Stones plans to record a new <album> are "definite" as per a meeting in London with them just last week ... from IAN!
Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 9:02am
Fuck yes! Ian predicted this!

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Re: Keith says Stones plans to record a new <album> are "definite" as per a meeting in London with them just last week ... from IAN!
Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 9:27am
Sources please?........Keith is on such a run of bullshit talk leading up to his cd release I'm skeptical.....

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 10:05am
Could be 2 new singles for the 54 Licks Latin American tour

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #5 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 10:30am
gimmekeef wrote on Sep 16th, 2015 at 9:27am:
Sources please?........Keith is on such a run of bullshit talk leading up to his cd release I'm skeptical.....

It's Ian. What more sources do you need?  Interesting stuff Ronnie!

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #6 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 11:53am
This is some fucking balls out news.  Balls out.  This is fucking bitching.  Radical!  This is good news.  This bodes well.  It's a harbinger.

What is it the Islamicals say?  Asaalamaquanfuckawhackaasaam.  Yeah.  Big goddam day in Stones biff.  Moogie moogie.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #7 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 3:35pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Sep 16th, 2015 at 10:30am:
gimmekeef wrote on Sep 16th, 2015 at 9:27am:

It's Ian. What more sources do you need?  Interesting stuff Ronnie!

I'm waiting for Gazza to over ride this prediction soon.....lol

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #8 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 3:38pm
It will be the album we have been waiting for. Let Keith's people that are doing his new album do the new Stones record.
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2015 at 3:39pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #9 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 3:56pm

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #10 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 3:58pm
Bitch wrote on Sep 15th, 2015 at 8:12pm:
If KEEF says it is so, then I think its true, or at least partially true!

Yes, because after all he has to write most of the songs.  What the fuck?

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #11 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 4:02pm
Ian Billen wrote on Sep 15th, 2015 at 8:05pm:
Lol <YES> they plan on recording an album it seems and looks like a date is or more of a concise time frame is now officially set...

That's the most brilliantly vague confirmation I've ever seen!

Seriously - isn't he just repeating what he's been saying for the last couple of months - ie they'd like to make a record, but if and when they start it wont be anytime before next spring?

... ... ...
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #12 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 4:03pm
It's not so much a comeback, since The Rolling Stones have been performing pretty steadily for years — but their first studio album in almost ten years is no small feat.

Keith Richards confirmed Tuesday night during the iHeartRadio ICONS event that the Stones are coming back together to record their first studio album since 2005's A Bigger Bang.

Richards, who was promoting his solo album Crosseyed Heart prior to its upcoming release Friday, revealed that he and the old band recently met up in London.

"Actually, I was in London last week, and the boys [Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood] and I got together," Richards said at the live Q&A event, "and yeah, there are now definite plans to record, we've been pacing ourselves a bit and now it's time to blow the doors off the bitch."

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #13 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 4:05pm
Some Guy wrote on Sep 16th, 2015 at 4:03pm:
It's not so much a comeback, since The Rolling Stones have been performing pretty steadily for years — but their first studio album in almost ten years is no small feat.

Keith Richards confirmed Tuesday night during the iHeartRadio ICONS event that the Stones are coming back together to record their first studio album since 2005's A Bigger Bang.

Richards, who was promoting his solo album Crosseyed Heart prior to its upcoming release Friday, revealed that he and the old band recently met up in London.

"Actually, I was in London last week, and the boys [Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood] and I got together," Richards said at the live Q&A event, "and yeah, there are now definite plans to record, we've been pacing ourselves a bit and now it's time to blow the doors off the bitch."

This should be the title.

... ... ...
IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #14 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 2:55am
Yeah Ian, you've predicted this every year for at least the past 8 years. You totally called this.

LOL

IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #15 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 2:59am
Ian's as full of feces as Richards. stu-smiling

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #16 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 6:37am
Ian do you.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #17 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 8:17am

<  ---- This makes my " Hog " stick out !!!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

job
Rocks Off Regular

The last of the hard core
troubadours.

Orange County, California
Reply #18 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 9:53am
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

IP Logged

bobtamp
Rocks Off Regular

Nashua, NH USA
Reply #19 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 7:45pm
Just listened 2 times through to entire Crosseyed Heart. The stones have their work cut out. C.H. actually has melodies. HEARTSTOPPER reminds me of pop that would have been on BETWEEN THE BUTTONS, and the ballads are killer with arrangements galore just like the good ole days.

IP Logged

Maxmeister
Rocks Off Regular

Locked, cocked and ready
to rock!

Reply #20 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 10:09pm
As always, I'll believe it when the cd is in my hands and I'm adding it to my iPod.
On they very outside chance this happens, I hope that Keith has more input than Bang, which was had way too much Jagger solo feel.

Rick

Rio or bust?

Always know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

IP Logged

TeddyB
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #21 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 2:08am
This information is new,  based on the band's meeting this week for the art exhibit. Keith quotes Mick as agreeing. Sounds like recording plans would follow the South American dates. Gives the principles a bit of time to try and knock some ideas together before the year is out.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #22 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 3:03am
TeddyB wrote on Sep 18th, 2015 at 2:08am:
This information is new,  based on the band's meeting this week for the art exhibit. Keith quotes Mick as agreeing. Sounds like recording plans would follow the South American dates. Gives the principles a bit of time to try and knock some ideas together before the year is out. 

^Please explain that to Gazza and a few of the others.. I'm exhausted lol ..

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #23 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 9:13am
Ian Billen wrote on Sep 18th, 2015 at 3:03am:

Yeah, because you've been saying the same thing for 10 years...........And I still won't believe it until it actually comes out.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #24 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 12:42pm
Good job Billen.  Took on the cynics and moogied it all.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #25 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 3:14pm
Ian....the little engine that might

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #26 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 5:47pm

When Teddy says it, it doesnt need explaining.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #27 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 6:51pm
Gazza wrote on Sep 18th, 2015 at 5:47pm:

Is it that hard for you or some to finally say to yourselves (or think in coming to grips with)... "Well I guess they are definitely planning on recording a new album .. I spose they did have a strong interest in it sooner or later after all  .. it just happened to be later... lol MUCH later...".

Why is this concept so hard to grasp or admit? It's like you guys fight it at every turn just to prove a point and really ...there is no point. We are here to discuss The Stones not be right all the time.

They are interested in recording and now plans to do such are not just being thrown around when they meet... they are actually 'definite'. Why is this so hard to come to grips with for everyone?

(I seriously think it's almost a conspiracy against me more than it is an actual debate or something..yikes...No shame in admitting what is going on .. and then we all move on.. I don't get it).
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2015 at 6:55pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #28 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 7:53pm
With all this splitting of hairs, I'm fast running out of fucks to give, Ian. Smiley

Then again, I'm arguing semantics  with the person who until about two months ago refused to believe that Keith would ever issue a solo album - even though the same bonafide insider who's just verified tentative plans for a Stones album was the same source who told us it had been finished a year ago and he was waiting on some Stones downtime to put it out.

If it happens - great. The signs are very good now that I'm reading Mick has okayed it. But you can excuse people for being cynical when its been talked about since about 2008, when it wont be recorded until at least another six months and will probably not be available to buy until maybe 2017.

... ... ...
IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #29 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 9:38pm
I actually knew there would be a new Stones album like 6 months before Billen knew it.  I was just too intoxicated to post about it.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #30 - Sep 19th, 2015 at 12:01am
Gazza wrote on Sep 18th, 2015 at 7:53pm:
With all this splitting of hairs, I'm fast running out of fucks to give, Ian. Smiley

Then again, I'm arguing semantics  with the person who until about two months ago refused to believe that Keith would ever issue a solo album - even though the same bonafide insider who's just verified tentative plans for a Stones album was the same source who told us it had been finished a year ago and he was waiting on some Stones downtime to put it out.

If it happens - great. The signs are very good now that I'm reading Mick has okayed it. But you can excuse people for being cynical when its been talked about since about 2008, when it wont be recorded until at least another six months and will probably not be available to buy until maybe 2017.

I can't believe Keith put the album out and it was actually basically finished a year ago I concede ..

He was only working on the material since 2008. I am not believing anyone except Keith only for the simple fact that he has been constantly talking about a Stones album for the last few months .. and now he says he just met with the Stones and there are now 'definite' plans.

Sure.. he has added lib / BS'd us before  .. but not this consistently  .. and he has never said that there were in fact...'definite'... plans to start to record an album between all of them before that I know of ...he simply mentioned he'd like to or that they are thinking about it. There is a major difference.

Ian
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2015 at 12:05am by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #31 - Sep 19th, 2015 at 6:56am
Oh, I'm fine with it now.  As I've always said, I'll take all the 'new album' talk seriously when I hear Mick has agreed to it.

Not before.

Keith isn't the driving force (or even a joint driving force)  creatively or artistically behind the Stones anymore and hasn't been for many years. His role in the decision making has diminished gradually since 1989. He's not in a position to coerce Mick into doing anything he doesnt really want to be a part of.

... ... ...
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #32 - Sep 19th, 2015 at 9:23am
Gazza wrote on Sep 18th, 2015 at 5:47pm:

Right and Teddy doesn't have to say it every day for 10 years. Says it once and you know it's true.

IP Logged

MP
Rocks Off Regular

I thought you were dinner,
but you were the shark

UK
Reply #33 - Sep 20th, 2015 at 2:22pm
anything is possible.....

IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Buffalo,NY
Reply #34 - Sep 20th, 2015 at 5:42pm
Quote:
...Says it once and you know it's true... sweetcharmedlife
scl this statement made me think of this song Hmmmm interesting lol
Crazy for You

By Madonna

Swaying room as the music starts
Strangers making the most of the dark
Two by two their bodies become one

I see you through the smokey air
Can't you feel the weight of my stare
You're so close but still a world away
What I'm dying to say, is that

I'm crazy for you
Touch me once and you'll know it's true
I never wanted anyone like this
It's all brand new, you'll feel it in my kiss
I'm crazy for you, crazy for you

Trying hard to control my heart
I walk over to where you are
Eye to eye we meet, no word at all

Slowly now we begin to move
Every breath I'm deeper into you
Soon we two are standing still in time
If you read my mind, you'll see

I'm crazy for you
Touch me once and you'll know it's true
I never wanted anyone like this
It's all brand new, you'll feel it in my kiss
I'm crazy for you, crazy for you

It's all brand new, I'm crazy for you
And you know it's true
I'm crazy, crazy for you

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #35 - Sep 20th, 2015 at 9:31pm
Gazza wrote on Sep 19th, 2015 at 6:56am:
Oh, I'm fine with it now.  As I've always said, I'll take all the 'new album' talk seriously when I hear Mick has agreed to it.

Not before.

Keith isn't the driving force (or even a joint driving force)  creatively or artistically behind the Stones anymore and hasn't been for many years. His role in the decision making has diminished gradually since 1989. He's not in a position to coerce Mick into doing anything he doesnt really want to be a part of.

I don't buy the notion that Keith does so little anymore as ya-all say. He wrote a number of songs for A Bigger Bang with Mick (they spent six weeks at Micks house writing them  for A Bigger Bang remember.. I doubt Keith simply napped the whole time while Mick wrote everything).

Keith wrote several for 'Bridges to Babylon' and at least half for Voodoo Lounge right in conjunction or right along with Mick.

Keith is the one who has always resurrected The Stones... and it is mainly him doing the pushing to get them into the studio again.. (unless Micks always talking about it and Keith is blowing the idea off and yet at the same time he is telling everyone the opposite in all his interviews.. come on now.) What more do ya want?

Ian

IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #36 - Sep 20th, 2015 at 9:46pm
Keith has relegated himself to being a guitar player in the band with a huge iconic image. Sure, he still plays great, sings great, and comes up with some great riffs and licks (again - when he can be arsed), but at this stage, the Stones could play a show or two, or even a tour, with someone filling in for Keith. Or even record an entire album without his input. They absolutely could not without Mick.

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #37 - Sep 20th, 2015 at 10:05pm
Mr. Yeats wrote on Sep 20th, 2015 at 9:46pm:
Keith has relegated himself to being a guitar player in the band with a huge iconic image. Sure, he still plays great, sings great, and comes up with some great riffs and licks (again - when he can be arsed), but at this stage, the Stones could play a show or two, or even a tour, with someone filling in for Keith. Or even record an entire album without his input. They absolutely could not without Mick. 

No WAY!! 1. They would not 'sound' the same. No two people can play just alike and or sound just alike. Keith has a very, very distinctive sound, style, and tone. Ya can't duplicate that...and it's hard to come close. Nobody has sounded exactly like him and that spontaneity he has every time he picks up a guitar.

Aside from that.. the song writing is something all of us can only entertain .. hell none of us are in the room when they write these things..

Ian

IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #38 - Sep 20th, 2015 at 10:51pm
Ian Billen wrote on Sep 20th, 2015 at 10:05pm:

No WAY!! 1. They would not 'sound' the same. No two people can play just alike and or sound just alike. Keith has a very, very distinctive sound, style, and tone. Ya can't duplicate that...and it's hard to come close. Nobody has sounded exactly like him and that spontaneity he has every time he picks up a guitar.

Aside from that.. the song writing is something all of us can only entertain .. hell none of us are in the room when they write these things..

Ian

Sure they could. Keith himself has said that Mick is the only guy he's ever heard to be able to cop his rhythm attack and tone ('Guitar Player' magazine around the time of 'Main Offender' and 'Voodoo Lounge'; early '90s). And remember, Mick wrote "Brown Sugar" solo, with the intro riff and all. Never mind "Sway" and "Moonlight Mile" which don't feature Richards at all, save for his overdubbed harmony vocal on "Sway".

There's a million guys who've slavishly studied Keiths' guitar playing - his tone, attack, lead style, guitar and amp set up, even his look. Not that we'd want or welcome it, but obviously any number of guys from around the world could fill in on an actual Stones gig and, sonically, do just fine. a lot more people can approximate what Keith does than people who can come close to what Jagger does vocally and visually.

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #39 - Sep 20th, 2015 at 11:55pm
Mr. Yeats wrote on Sep 20th, 2015 at 10:51pm:
Ian Billen wrote on Sep 20th, 2015 at 10:05pm:

Ian

Sure they could. Keith himself has said that Mick is the only guy he's ever heard to be able to cop his rhythm attack and tone ('Guitar Player' magazine around the time of 'Main Offender' and 'Voodoo Lounge'; early '90s). And remember, Mick wrote "Brown Sugar" solo, with the intro riff and all. Never mind "Sway" and "Moonlight Mile" which don't feature Richards at all, save for his overdubbed harmony vocal on "Sway".

There's a million guys who've slavishly studied Keiths' guitar playing - his tone, attack, lead style, guitar and amp set up, even his look. Not that we'd want or welcome it, but obviously any number of guys from around the world could fill in on an actual Stones gig and, sonically, do just fine. a lot more people can approximate what Keith does than people who can come close to what Jagger does vocally and visually.

I agree on all accounts... and as well have watched and listened to people on youtube who mimic his style and some have even tried to make livings out of it as a tribute as you know ...right down to the amp he's using.

They do well..and the gestures and posing is even closer to the real Keith than perhaps the playing.. however still ..it is missing a little somethin. It just isn't quite the same.

Sure anyone can go up there and play the songs no doubt. Many can sound like Keith. Some darn close.. but we would not stand for it.. Who the hell would want it? Imagine.. Ronnie to the left, Charlie to the center...Mick up front and then to the right...there is some other dude besides Keith?? That aint The Stones lol.. that is like out of some bad dream. It would make no sense. You see what I mean, surely.

Ian
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2015 at 11:57pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #40 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 7:37am
Mick better be on board. Keith just blew his wad of songs on Friday so Mick better have some ideas in the can. Hell bring Steve Jordan and Woody into the creative process and make a kick ass Stones album again. (I know not gonna happen)

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #41 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 10:05am
gimmekeef wrote on Sep 21st, 2015 at 7:37am:
Mick better be on board. Keith just blew his wad of songs on Friday so Mick better have some ideas in the can. Hell bring Steve Jordan and Woody into the creative process and make a kick ass Stones album again. (I know not gonna happen)

Yeah. We don't need 10 more ballads from Keith.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #42 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 6:34pm
Ian Billen wrote on Sep 20th, 2015 at 9:31pm:

Not before.

I don't buy the notion that Keith does so little anymore as ya-all say. He wrote a number of songs for A Bigger Bang with Mick (they spent six weeks at Micks house writing them  for A Bigger Bang remember.. I doubt Keith simply napped the whole time while Mick wrote everything).

Keith wrote several for 'Bridges to Babylon' and at least half for Voodoo Lounge right in conjunction or right along with Mick.

Keith is the one who has always resurrected The Stones... and it is mainly him doing the pushing to get them into the studio again.. (unless Micks always talking about it and Keith is blowing the idea off and yet at the same time he is telling everyone the opposite in all his interviews.. come on now.) What more do ya want?

Ian

Er...Those were written 19-24 years ago. BTB was conceived from a pair of abandoned solo projects. They were not written together.  Both VL and BTB had a pretty much even share of songs which were primarily written by each of the two of them.  That wasnt the case with ABB no matter how you dress it up.

The Bigger Bang 'who did what' thing has been done to death on here before and there's not a shred of evidence in interviews with anyone to suggest that was anywhere close to being a 50/50 split in terms of songwriting. Just because you're working on songs with someone for a few weeks doesnt mean you wrote half of them. Several of those songs were leftovers from 'Alfie' for starters.  I doubt many were started from scratch. That's generally not the way these guys write.

Even if I were to concede (which I dont) that Keith co-wrote half the songs on A Bigger Bang, when you throw in 'One More Shot' and 'Losing My Touch', that's barely ten released Rolling Stones songs where Keith has been the main or joint contributor in the last eighteen years. (I'd argue that the true figure is about six or seven, but anyway).

The only solo output in that time has been his recently released album. And some of those songs actually have their genesis from as much as 22 years ago (the title track is the same as a 'doodle' thats on a bootleg of Voodoo Lounge outtakes and 'Trouble' is the finished version of a song that was recorded by the Stones during the '40 Licks' sessions in Paris in 2002. And thats just the ones we know about because they've been leaked.

When you look how long its taken these 'new' songs to come to fruition, that doesnt really fill me with confidence that Keith will be full of fresh ideas for the next Stones album.

Mick, on the other hand, hasnt released a solo album for over a decade, and his only post ABB work of note was Superheavy, so its reasonable to expect him to have a bit more material available to work on.

PS - and the Stones get 'resurrected' these days on Mick's terms.  That's been the way since 1989 and especially since 'Life' was published. Those public spats always end up with Keith's role in the band reducing in importance afterwards.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2015 at 6:54pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #43 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 7:55pm
Will we next turn / stoop to arguing over who between Laurel & Hardy shouldered the most burden or was the funniest?

It would be preposterous if The Stains didn't release a bundle of new tunes and tunettes soon-ish after (or even during) the Saatchi show.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #44 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 8:01pm
Gazza wrote on Sep 21st, 2015 at 6:34pm:
Ian Billen wrote on Sep 20th, 2015 at 9:31pm:

Not before.

Ian

Er...Those were written 19-24 years ago. BTB was conceived from a pair of abandoned solo projects. They were not written together.  Both VL and BTB had a pretty much even share of songs which were primarily written by each of the two of them.  That wasnt the case with ABB no matter how you dress it up.

The Bigger Bang 'who did what' thing has been done to death on here before and there's not a shred of evidence in interviews with anyone to suggest that was anywhere close to being a 50/50 split in terms of songwriting. Just because you're working on songs with someone for a few weeks doesnt mean you wrote half of them. Several of those songs were leftovers from 'Alfie' for starters.  I doubt many were started from scratch. That's generally not the way these guys write.

Even if I were to concede (which I dont) that Keith co-wrote half the songs on A Bigger Bang, when you throw in 'One More Shot' and 'Losing My Touch', that's barely ten released Rolling Stones songs where Keith has been the main or joint contributor in the last eighteen years. (I'd argue that the true figure is about six or seven, but anyway).

The only solo output in that time has been his recently released album. And some of those songs actually have their genesis from as much as 22 years ago (the title track is the same as a 'doodle' thats on a bootleg of Voodoo Lounge outtakes and 'Trouble' is the finished version of a song that was recorded by the Stones during the '40 Licks' sessions in Paris in 2002. And thats just the ones we know about because they've been leaked.

When you look how long its taken these 'new' songs to come to fruition, that doesnt really fill me with confidence that Keith will be full of fresh ideas for the next Stones album.

Mick, on the other hand, hasnt released a solo album for over a decade, and his only post ABB work of note was Superheavy, so its reasonable to expect him to have a bit more material available to work on.

PS - and the Stones get 'resurrected' these days on Mick's terms.  That's been the way since 1989 and especially since 'Life' was published. Those public spats always end up with Keith's role in the band reducing in importance afterwards.

Gazza ... Don Was claimed most of A Bigger Bang were not from any other recording sessions. He said they had a ton of material together and even a lump from the 40 licks sessions ... but went on to say almost none of that was used because he said the ABB sessions seemed to be "all from a piece" and that he wanted to stick to that piece.

As well ..he claimed they wrote the stuff as a team as opposed to solo or individually if your watch the DVD about the very making and song writing of A Bigger Bang (sort of hard to argue with that because they made it a point to get that across in that they were working together and writing together more closely than they had in many years). I am going to have to take Don Was's word on that very subject  (without bein a smart arse).

With respect, but I cant believe what everyone is saying on any message board if their producer said that and Charlie Watts affirmed that was the case from what he knows (he came later as you understand). Ronnie was the least present on the album during the writing early demos (according to Mick).

I concede the writing for ABB appeared to be 60/40 Mick.
and it probably was but they wrote almost all the stuff <together>.. besides a few like SOL.

Ian
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2015 at 8:05pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #45 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 8:31pm
Fuck....give it a break....LOL....time for class kids

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #46 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 4:48pm
Ian Billen wrote on Sep 21st, 2015 at 8:01pm:
Gazza ... Don Was claimed most of A Bigger Bang were not from any other recording sessions. He said they had a ton of material together and even a lump from the 40 licks sessions ... but went on to say almost none of that was used because he said the ABB sessions seemed to be "all from a piece" and that he wanted to stick to that piece.

As well ..he claimed they wrote the stuff as a team as opposed to solo or individually if your watch the DVD about the very making and song writing of A Bigger Bang (sort of hard to argue with that because they made it a point to get that across in that they were working together and writing together more closely than they had in many years). I am going to have to take Don Was's word on that very subject  (without bein a smart arse).

Ian

I didnt suggest that most of the songs were leftovers.

I'll take Mick's word over Don Was, considering he wrote the bloody songs. I also dont buy into the 'yeah we've working together closer than we have been since we were kids' mantra that gets trotted out every time. What else are they going to say? "Mick/Keith (delete where applicable) wrote 90% of the material" ?

"Laugh I Nearly Died" is a leftover that was originally written for  'Alfie'. As is, from memory "Biggest Mistake". Matt Clifford's involvement on 'Streets of Love' certainly indicates that its pre-2004. I would imagine there's a few more as the 'Alfie' sessions only predate the first ABB sessions by about 4-5 months.

Its not a big deal. Stones songs have for decades often taken years to ferment.  I would doubt there has been any Stones album since probably 'Satanic Majesties' which didnt include material that had been worked on or earmarked for previous projects.  Maybe 'Some Girls' (although 'Miss You' was worked on by Mick with Billy Preston first of all but it wasnt a leftover from a previous record) - and that was also an album where most of the songs had Mick as the main or only writer.

If theyre going to collaborate on songs - and they usually do - its after each of them brings in their own demos. They rarely write songs together from scratch and havent really done that since they were living a couple of hundred yards from each other in Cheyne Walk. 'Steel Wheels' was maybe an exception for the most part although even those sessions had some songs left over from solo projects
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2015 at 4:57pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #47 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 6:00pm
I heard that the Stones are going to record a new album next year...

Discuss!

IP Logged

Soldatti
Rocks Off Regular

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reply #48 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 6:44pm
From top of my head, except for Rough Justice, This Place Is Empty and Infamy (all Keith's songs), the rest of the album is 100% Mick with bits here and there from Keith.
Mick even said in an interview at the time that he came over with about 11-12 songs/demos to the session written during the last year (2003-04).

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #49 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 7:19pm
I've been writing new songs for the Rolling Stones' next album. We just started, and it will be out sometime next year. We'll start recording in November. It should be good. I've been writing the last month for that, and I'm quite excited by what I've got so far.
- Mick Jagger, September 2004

There was a relaxed atmosphere making it. Some of it was home in France and the Bahamas - it was all small rooms and small technology. You have to work at it. There's always the inspirational moment and then there's the crafting but a lot of it, I found quite easy to write. I didn't write all this with Keith in the room. I like to write a lot of stuff on my own and I don't like people being around when I'm doing the lyrics. Keith always says they're in the air. They're not really, you have to make them up.
- Mick Jagger, August 2005

What it really was is, you know, Keith and I started doing a lot of stuff just on our own, and then we were just having a laugh with a lot of it. I'd already written quite a lot of material, and Keith had written some, so it wasn't like we start from nothing.
- Mick Jagger, July 2005

I just spent two weeks writing songs with Keith and some days they're all songs where I'm there on my own, and Keith walks in and paints the face on what I've written. And some days it's the reverse, and I go in, play the piano on something.
- Mick Jagger, October 2004

The ones I laid on (Mick) were Rough Justice, Infamy, and This Place Is Empty. So it's kind of half and half. Mick comes in far more prepared than I do.
- Keith Richards, July 2005

... ... ...
IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #50 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 10:57pm
Soldatti wrote on Sep 22nd, 2015 at 6:44pm:
From top of my head, except for Rough Justice, This Place Is Empty and Infamy (all Keith's songs), the rest of the album is 100% Mick with bits here and there from Keith.
Mick even said in an interview at the time that he came over with about 11-12 songs/demos to the session written during the last year (2003-04).

Keith had a hand in "It Won't Take Long," a soul-style number that they retooled for ABB. But other than that, yeah, that's it.

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #51 - Sep 23rd, 2015 at 3:27pm
Some more via timeisonourside.com

Back of My Hand
Mick came up with that. He started to play it one day on acoustic guitar and I started thinking, prison songs... We were just casting ideas about. To me, it's a classic sort of Muddy Waters thing, or even earlier. And as we were getting it going, I went, Jesus Christ, we could have cut this at Chess, baby. You are what you listen to, in a way, and I never stopped listening to the blues. Even if I go off on other tangents, there's always that basic diet, thank God.

I sleep downstairs and the studio is upstairs. One night, I thought I was hearing this old Muddy Waters track I didn't know, but it turned out to be Mick working on a slide part for Back of My Hand. He's always been a good, smooth acoustic player, but the electric seemed like an untamed beast for him until this year. I thought: My God! The boy's finally got it.

- Keith Richards, August 2005

Rough Justice
That came to me in my sleep. It's almost like Satisfaction. Yeah, I almost sort of woke up and said, Where's my guitar? Sometimes you do dream a riff, you know? I had to get up, and it's really hard to get me up. Once I go down, I go down, you know? But, I mean, it's only a song that could get me up and start running around the room, Where's my guitar, where did I put my guitar, before I forget it? I don't often remember dreams, only when they're musical.

Let Me Down Slow
Mick came up with the basic song but I came up with the chimes (sings descending major chorus melody). But I'd say that one's more Mick than me, absolutely. You can tell.

She Saw Me Coming
On She Saw Me Coming, that is Mick on bass, Charlie, Keith and me, cut live. We should do more like that, like in the Faces' days where we would just take off - eyes down, meet you at the end.

- Ron Wood, July 2005

Rain Fall Down
I laid down drum loops on the demos and certain grooves, and I ended up working with Charlie and working up those specific grooves, like on Rain Fall Down. In the old days when you did demos, you couldn't really carry them over into recording. But now I just took certain elements, and I've kept elements, so it saves you time. And also you can get a certain kind of feel sometimes when you initially do it, too.

- Mick Jagger, November 2005

Streets Of Love
It's a Mick tour de force, in a way. But we all really enjoy playing it. When we first knocked it out on acoustic, we felt, Oh, that's nice, but it sounded kind of standard. So then Mick and I were saying, It's the dynamics that count. You gotta take it up and down.

Biggest Mistake
Of course, you are as vulnerable as anyone else. It's crazy to think someone can't be hurt just because he's famous or he struts across a stage. If you go back through Stones albums, I'm sure you'll find vulnerability along with the swagger. It may not have
been as easy to see, though, because it's not my temperament to share that feeling. I've often hid my feelings with humor. This
time the songs were written very quickly, and I was in a certain frame of mind. I thought about some of the words afterward to see whether they were too personal, but I decided to just let them stay. Keith was very encouraging... Translating that vulnerability into a song is very cathartic for you. You have to write it down and examine it and decide what you wanted to
share. There's something in the process that helped me get past the hurt it.

- Mick Jagger, 2005

Sweet Neocon
There's been other social comment before from the Rolling Stones. This one's a bit more direct. Perhaps it's the times we're living in. I was being more direct than metaphorical. I think right-wing commentators get fed up with pop singers involved with anything but pop singing. But artists have responsibilities too. Everyone has responsibilities. As long as you don't bang on about it every day - because people get very bored with that. I think comment from artists, whether they are painters or any kind of creative people, is part of what you do.

Dangerous Beauty
You're almost the first person to bring that up. I never hustled that one. But, yes, it's pretty strong.

- Mick Jagger, August 2005, speaking to someone pointing out that the
lyrics are about the Abu Gharaib prison abuse scanda

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #52 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 8:13pm
Gazza wrote on Sep 23rd, 2015 at 3:27pm:

Back of My Hand
Mick came up with that. He started to play it one day on acoustic guitar and I started thinking, prison songs... We were just casting ideas about. To me, it's a classic sort of Muddy Waters thing, or even earlier. And as we were getting it going, I went, Jesus Christ, we could have cut this at Chess, baby. You are what you listen to, in a way, and I never stopped listening to the blues. Even if I go off on other tangents, there's always that basic diet, thank God.

I sleep downstairs and the studio is upstairs. One night, I thought I was hearing this old Muddy Waters track I didn't know, but it turned out to be Mick working on a slide part for Back of My Hand. He's always been a good, smooth acoustic player, but the electric seemed like an untamed beast for him until this year. I thought: My God! The boy's finally got it.

Rough Justice
That came to me in my sleep. It's almost like Satisfaction. Yeah, I almost sort of woke up and said, Where's my guitar? Sometimes you do dream a riff, you know? I had to get up, and it's really hard to get me up. Once I go down, I go down, you know? But, I mean, it's only a song that could get me up and start running around the room, Where's my guitar, where did I put my guitar, before I forget it? I don't often remember dreams, only when they're musical.

Let Me Down Slow
Mick came up with the basic song but I came up with the chimes (sings descending major chorus melody). But I'd say that one's more Mick than me, absolutely. You can tell.

She Saw Me Coming
On She Saw Me Coming, that is Mick on bass, Charlie, Keith and me, cut live. We should do more like that, like in the Faces' days where we would just take off - eyes down, meet you at the end.

- Ron Wood, July 2005

Rain Fall Down
I laid down drum loops on the demos and certain grooves, and I ended up working with Charlie and working up those specific grooves, like on Rain Fall Down. In the old days when you did demos, you couldn't really carry them over into recording. But now I just took certain elements, and I've kept elements, so it saves you time. And also you can get a certain kind of feel sometimes when you initially do it, too.

Streets Of Love
It's a Mick tour de force, in a way. But we all really enjoy playing it. When we first knocked it out on acoustic, we felt, Oh, that's nice, but it sounded kind of standard. So then Mick and I were saying, It's the dynamics that count. You gotta take it up and down.

Biggest Mistake
Of course, you are as vulnerable as anyone else. It's crazy to think someone can't be hurt just because he's famous or he struts across a stage. If you go back through Stones albums, I'm sure you'll find vulnerability along with the swagger. It may not have
been as easy to see, though, because it's not my temperament to share that feeling. I've often hid my feelings with humor. This
time the songs were written very quickly, and I was in a certain frame of mind. I thought about some of the words afterward to see whether they were too personal, but I decided to just let them stay. Keith was very encouraging... Translating that vulnerability into a song is very cathartic for you. You have to write it down and examine it and decide what you wanted to

- Mick Jagger, 2005

Sweet Neocon
There's been other social comment before from the Rolling Stones. This one's a bit more direct. Perhaps it's the times we're living in. I was being more direct than metaphorical. I think right-wing commentators get fed up with pop singers involved with anything but pop singing. But artists have responsibilities too. Everyone has responsibilities. As long as you don't bang on about it every day - because people get very bored with that. I think comment from artists, whether they are painters or any kind of creative people, is part of what you do.

Dangerous Beauty
You're almost the first person to bring that up. I never hustled that one. But, yes, it's pretty strong.

Right Keith only wrote one and was only involved slightly on the others in the writing process you list.. I know .. I saw that before. Ok ..but what about Look What The Cat Dragged In, It Wont Take Long, Naturally This Place is Empty ... Infamy ...

Keith and Mick worked 'very closely' on writing and recording the songs. Otherwise, why would the creators of this DVD special go out of the way to drive that very point home right from the git-go.  The writing / creation on ABB was not separate and it was definitely not some one sided affair as you and everyone always says it was lol

Listen to Don Was, Charlie, Ron Wood as third parties to the actual situation (though Woody and Charlie came later to the sessions .. the reality is how I described it and how they understand it too). See here? ... So were they making it all up? Did Keith simply do and play everything Mick said? Was Keith no more than a fill in session musician ... >> lol well no.

Or did they write the tunes <together> and do such very closely in unison.. Seems the DVD here on the making of the record clearly emphasis the latter... hard to argue with that when its the main point of the DVD in subject matter.

After all .. you'll have to argue with Don Was, Charlie, and Ronnie ... as well as me bc they clearly state the contrary here in the vid...grab a look.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi2itTgADGk
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2015 at 9:24pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

patioaintdry
Rocks Off Regular

the pools in but the patio
ain't dry

Re: Keith says Stones plans to record a new <album> are "definite" as per a meeting in London with them just last week ... from IAN
Reply #53 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 10:57pm
Sorry Ian, but the reason creators of this DVD went out of their way to insist that Mick and Keith worked closely on ABB was purely for marketing purposes - they wanted to move merchandise, period.

This is not press interview, it's a promo film with 4 Rolling Stones & Don Was fulfilling their obligations to push the record. These same men get a cut of record sales - thats business, with all reciting their rehearsed answers and talking points to stay on message. Talk of close collaboration, things are going great, Ronnie comparing it to Exile . . .all part of the ABB business plan. I'd love to know how many takes it took of Keith saying he really likes Streets of Love before they had one that was usable.

Now . . .for the love of God, stop this madness, put an end to this miserable thread, and do something constructive like arguing over who contributed what on Dirty Work.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #54 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 2:51am
patioaintdry wrote on Sep 24th, 2015 at 10:57pm:
Sorry Ian, but the reason creators of this DVD went out of their way to insist that Mick and Keith worked closely on ABB was purely for marketing purposes - they wanted to move merchandise, period.

This is not press interview, it's a promo film with 4 Rolling Stones & Don Was fulfilling their obligations to push the record. These same men get a cut of record sales - thats business, with all reciting their rehearsed answers and talking points to stay on message. Talk of close collaboration, things are going great, Ronnie comparing it to Exile . . .all part of the ABB business plan. I'd love to know how many takes it took of Keith saying he really likes Streets of Love before they had one that was usable.

Now . . .for the love of God, stop this madness, put an end to this miserable thread, and do something constructive like arguing over who contributed what on Dirty Work.

Well naturally I considered that concept was made up just for marketing purposes ....but truthfully, whether they said they worked very closely together on it or not would not of sold anything more... they knew it and so did I. As well, I could see mentioning that here and there to push it...but creating a whole CD on it over one big lie is <much> IMO.

As well... none of us know. I agree it was a 60/40 ordeal with Mick doing a little more but other than that I gotta go with the folks who were actually there and what they said took place.

Ian
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2015 at 2:52am by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #55 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 8:02am
less with the "we're-gonna-record" talk,
more with the "we're-gonna-tour-Europe-starting-with-2-concerts-in-marseille" talk please!

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #56 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 8:55am
Ian..can you update me with the new album tracklisting please?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #57 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 1:21pm
When this new Stones album drops, you will all rue the day you heckled Ian!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #58 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 7:04pm
Ian Billen wrote on Sep 24th, 2015 at 8:13pm:

Back of My Hand

Rough Justice

Let Me Down Slow

She Saw Me Coming

- Ron Wood, July 2005

Rain Fall Down

Streets Of Love

Biggest Mistake

- Mick Jagger, 2005

Sweet Neocon

Dangerous Beauty

Right Keith only wrote one and was only involved slightly on the others in the writing process you list.. I know .. I saw that before. Ok ..but what about Look What The Cat Dragged In, It Wont Take Long, Naturally This Place is Empty ... Infamy ...

Keith and Mick worked 'very closely' on writing and recording the songs. Otherwise, why would the creators of this DVD special go out of the way to drive that very point home right from the git-go.  The writing / creation on ABB was not separate and it was definitely not some one sided affair as you and everyone always says it was lol

Listen to Don Was, Charlie, Ron Wood as third parties to the actual situation (though Woody and Charlie came later to the sessions .. the reality is how I described it and how they understand it too). See here? ... So were they making it all up? Did Keith simply do and play everything Mick said? Was Keith no more than a fill in session musician ... >> lol well no.

Or did they write the tunes <together> and do such very closely in unison.. Seems the DVD here on the making of the record clearly emphasis the latter... hard to argue with that when its the main point of the DVD in subject matter.

After all .. you'll have to argue with Don Was, Charlie, and Ronnie ... as well as me bc they clearly state the contrary here in the vid...grab a look.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi2itTgADGk

This Place is Empty and Infamy go without saying. Roug Justice we agree is mostly Keith.

The rest? I dont know. Neither do you. But going by the pattern of the songs I've listed, I know what my money's on. Especially the lyrics.

There's no way in hell Keith wrote anywhere near half of Look what the Cat Dragged In.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Maxmeister
Rocks Off Regular

Locked, cocked and ready
to rock!

Reply #59 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 8:57pm

This Place is Empty and Infamy go without saying. Roug Justice we agree is mostly Keith.

The rest? I dont know. Neither do you. But going by the pattern of the songs I've listed, I know what my money's on. Especially the lyrics.

There's no way in hell Keith wrote anywhere near half of Look what the Cat Dragged In. [/quote]

Your money is safe, no doubt.
As I said upon my first spin, the majority is Mick and not Stones Mick but solo Mick.

Rick

It's all about the music.

Always know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #60 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 12:07pm
[quote author=4D656A5B466D6868616A040 link=1442365506/54#54 date=1443167491][quote author=706174696F61696E74647279000 link=1442365506/53#53 date=1443153453]Sorry Ian, but the reason creators of this DVD went out of their way to insist that Mick and Keith worked closely on ABB was purely for marketing purposes - they wanted to move merchandise, period.

Well naturally I considered that concept was made up just for marketing purposes ....but truthfully, whether they said they worked very closely together on it or not would not of sold anything more... they knew it and so did I. As well, I could see mentioning that here and there to push it...but creating a whole DVD based on that when it is over one big lie is <much> to swallow and in my opinion is doubtful they would actually go to that far. IMO.

As well... none of us know. I agree it was a 60/40 ordeal with Mick doing a little more but other than that I gotta go with the folks who were actually there and what they said took place.

Ian

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #61 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 12:09pm
Some Guy wrote on Sep 25th, 2015 at 1:21pm:

Ha. Indeed.

IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #62 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 12:17am
Ian Billen wrote on Sep 28th, 2015 at 12:09pm:
Some Guy wrote on Sep 25th, 2015 at 1:21pm:

Ha. Indeed.

Yup! Cheers for your enthusiasm, mate, even though it sometimes gets the better of your reason!
Carry on...

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #63 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 2:30pm
the latest in the rumors...

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/244246/20150929/rolling-stones-new-album.htm

The Rolling Stones have a few materials in line for a new album but the members of the band are reportedly not ready for another record.

Singer Mick Jagger revealed recently in an Ultimate Classic Rock report that he has a few songs already lined up for the group.

"I've got a lot of new songs, and songs I've written over the last couple of years," Jagger said, describing the new Rolling Stones album. "I've done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record. I'd love to record a Stones album."

Meanwhile, with a few songs ready to be recorded, Keith Richards, however, is contemplating on how he could put the band together back in the studio.

He revealed in a report by NME that he expects the record in 2017 after stating how it would be impossible to put the guys together in the studio this year and that they would be preparing for a series of shows in the first half of 2016.

"I'm trying to get the Stones into the studio," he said about the new album from The Rolling Stones in an interview with Entertainment Weekly. "But I don't quite honestly see it happening this year."

"After we do South America in February and March [2016], I'd love to get in the studio in April," Richards explained
. "But I know what those guys are like. When they finish a tour, they don't want to do nothing!"

In addition to that, Richards said in the same interview how rumors about a break up have been bugging them since they toured in the 70s.

"People have said we're splitting up since every tour from about 1975," said Richards. "If anybody should be interested in when we're going to quit, it should be the Stones, and they're not particularly interested in doing so."

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #64 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 2:05pm
Mick Jagger’s Visit With Jack White Sparks New Rolling Stones Album Rumors
By Nick DeRiso October 2, 2015

Michael Hickey / Frazer Harrison, Getty Images

Mick Jagger has been spotted with Jack White, prompting new speculation about whether the Rolling Stones might join him in the studio.

The idea was first broached in 2009, when Rolling Stone followed up on the news that Keith Richards had laid down tracks with White. Back then, Richards was somewhat evasive on whether White might produce the first Stones album since 2005′s A Bigger Bang – though still very complimentary. “I enjoy working with Jack,” Richards said. “I know Jack pretty well. He’s a lovely player.”

Jagger and White were spotted this week at a concert by indie band Death From Above 1979 held at White’s Third Man Records in Nashville. That’s the same complex where Neil Young recorded 2014′s A Letter Home. Third Man includes a studio, record store, label offices and a novelties lounge – the latter of which includes White’s Third Man Record Booth, a refurbished 1947 Voice-o-Graph vinyl recording facility that Young used for his album.

White isn’t Jagger’s only famous recent hang, and he’s clearly been enjoying the full range of Tennessee-based fun. Jagger joined Taylor Swift for a randy take on “Satisfaction” at Bridgestone Arena while posting photographs of himself at Tennessee’s Radnor Lake and even enjoying an evening of bowling.

Then again, as Nashville Scene notes, White has a bowling alley in his home – and the one pictured “isn’t any of the ones we recognize.” So, the plot continues to thicken …

Read More: Mick Jagger's Visit With Jack White Sparks New Rolling Stones Album Rumors | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/mick-jagger-jack-white/?trackback=tsmclip

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #65 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:24pm
Mick Jagger has been spotted with Jack White, prompting new speculation about whether the Rolling Stones might join him in the studio.

Wouldnt it be more likely to be the other way round?

I wondered the other day why Jagger was in Nashville. Sounding out a possible producer for a new record could well be the logical answer.

Seems Jack is someone that both Mick and Keith admire and, on paper at least, he's a very likely candidate.

... ... ...
IP Logged

FPM
Rocks Off Regular

Right here in the USA
Reply #66 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 11:04pm
Jesus. That could really work. The mind boggles. 

Jack's love of Son House and Charley Patton could point the Stones in a great direction.

...&&&&
IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #67 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 12:30am
Just the idea of Jack White producing a Stones album makes me all warm and fuzzy!

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #68 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 2:29am
I hope that it's true, but I just hope it's not one of those come and produce two songs, have another producer do one or two, and have Don Was directing it all. I think they need to move on from Don Was, but the bottom line is that Mick and Keith have always done to albums what they want to do, regardless of producers. They can add a flavor, but I find a producer completely changing the band's direction a dubious proposition.

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #69 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:40am
Just because Mick is seen with someone, doesn't mean that person is going to work with the band.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #70 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:45am
Gazza wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:24pm:

Wouldnt it be more likely to be the other way round?

I think that is meant more as in "hosting duties" since White's base of operations is Nashville.

I also think that they are speculating that White would be the producer in that respect as well.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #71 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 11:53am
Hold on.  What?  I don't get it.  There is little credence to this.  It's like muffet tuffet, curds and whey.

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

Reply #72 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 12:12pm
It's speculation because fans want this to happen. Jack has been around both Mick and Keith over the years. It doesn't mean the Stones have tossed Don Was in favor of Jack White and are doing a blues album.

It's certainly more likely that Mick will do something with a Taylor Swift or a rap star before anything else.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #73 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 12:33pm
That's the truth Wheelie.  Stone hard facts.  I dare anyone to dispute you, including this alleged Billen character.

A lot of negroes in Canada.  Tons of Asians too.  One Asian told me that Canada is the ultimate goal for many Chinese, Thai, Koreans, Vietnamese, Hong Kongians (Hong bangin' Kong).  Canadians are very good natured and polite.  It's a civil place with an educated, diverse populace.  At least Toronto is.  And Toronto has very attractive women.

IP Logged

patioaintdry
Rocks Off Regular

ain't dry

Reply #74 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 12:49pm
Screw Jack White & his d-bag ego - don't fuck with Iggy. Mick should go to Chicago & speak with Steve Albini.

https://www.teamrock.com/news/2014-06-05/why-iggy-dropped-jack-white

Iggy Pop says a tense phone conversation scuppered any chance of Jack White producing a Stooges album.

Pop and White talked about the possibility, only for White to insist he take control of an entire album while Iggy had just a few tracks in mind.

In a previously unreleased interview with Steve Miller – author of Detroit Rock City: The Uncensored History of Rock ‘n’ Roll in America’s Loudest City – Pop explains how close a Stooges/White project came to happening.

Pop says: “I heard he wanted to do it and I thought that could work in the group’s favour for a couple of reasons, but I didn’t want to do a whole record, I just wanted to do a few tracks.

“So I offered him a few tracks and Jack being Jack, said, 'well I don’t want to do that, I want to do a whole thing.' At one point I felt I was just about ready to do it and we were having a conversation and the last thing he had to say was, 'Okay I’ll call you up when I have time.'

“I put down the phone and part of me was like, 'fuck you kid.'”

The Stooges came under pressure from their record company to make the collaboration happen, but there were fears it would be more about White than the band.

Iggy reformed The Stooges officially for 2007's The Weirdness album, although he worked with the band on his 2003 solo album Skull Ring – which was around the time White showed an interest in a working relationship.

Meanwhile Jack White has shared a video for the title track from his upcoming solo album Lazaretto. The record, his second solo offering, is released on Monday, June 9.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #75 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:35pm
Steel Wheels wrote on Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:40am:
Just because Mick is seen with someone, doesn't mean that person is going to work with the band.

Thank fuck thats Taylor Swift ruled out then.

Nashville isnt exactly a place you'd expect Mick to be randomly visiting for a few days, though.

... ... ...
IP Logged

MP
Rocks Off Regular

I thought you were dinner,
but you were the shark

UK
Reply #76 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:36pm
so much ado about nothing.....

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #77 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:38pm
Steel Wheels wrote on Oct 3rd, 2015 at 12:12pm:
It's speculation because fans want this to happen. Jack has been around both Mick and Keith over the years. It doesn't mean the Stones have tossed Don Was in favor of Jack White and are doing a blues album.

That'll never happen and no one to my knowledge has ever suggested its a possibility. There's no sales in it, and therefore no money. Besides, the Stones have basically overlooked  that genre for so long that getting a single blues song played at any concert now is a rare treat.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:39pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

Reply #78 - Oct 4th, 2015 at 6:22am
This is all fueled by the passion of fans who take this to the next level.

Jack White carries a lot of cred in the rock world. He's pals with Jimmy Page, Jerry Lee Lewis, likes vinyl records, blues music, has performed with the Stones and runs a record studio.

Remember when Keith was seen with Jack White? What came of that? Crosseyed Heart tracks? Singles? Performances? An opening act slot on the road? Did Keith utilize him for the Aaron Neville album? Oh wait...that was Don Was!

Don Was has been on the scene since Voodoo Lounge and he's their man. We will get Don Was and like it! And if they do dump Don for Jack, naturally we're getting Exile on Main Street part 2!

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #79 - Oct 11th, 2015 at 7:16pm

Back of My Hand

Rough Justice

Let Me Down Slow

She Saw Me Coming

- Ron Wood, July 2005

Rain Fall Down

Streets Of Love

Biggest Mistake

- Mick Jagger, 2005

Sweet Neocon

Dangerous Beauty

Now it is been reported by Keith that there are also a couple songs on Crosseyed Heart that were actually written by Keith in the a Bigger Bang Sessions that never got finished or recorded fully .. 

So all this talk all over the last ten years is perplexing to me and it shows a contradictory attitude by The fans here lol To say Keith was basically a lump, or even not being quite productive on the last record isn't what has been consistently reported by them and the people surrounding the project ? (which I have disagreed with from day 1 on this notion Mick wrote almost all of A Bigger Bang and Keith didn't wrote much on it blah blah blah lol).

The only people saying Keith barely wrote anything for A Bigger Bang are the people on this message board and one other.

The Stones and the people surrounding these projects said and are still saying quite the contrary.

Ian
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2015 at 7:21pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #80 - Oct 11th, 2015 at 7:52pm
Ian is checking bitches.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #81 - Oct 11th, 2015 at 9:24pm
Some Guy wrote on Oct 11th, 2015 at 7:52pm:
Ian is checking bitches.

Ha!! I'm on it.

Only reason I am really put off on that concept is bc that notion has been completely fabricated on this message board.

As well .. it isn't even like they kept quiet about who wrote how much etc. They made it a point to say they wrote together closer than they had in decades lol. They were both contributing and were creative forces behind it. Micjk 'may of' did a little more solidifying the larger share but so what .. Keith was still very much there and being quite productive and in fact very involved in the writing process according to everyone surrounding it.

Why everyone says completely otherwise here and insists I'm nuts is beyond me?

Hell I am just going by what they and people said who were actually there.. (that is coming from Stones and non-Stones)

Still clueless why people won't accept 'what-is' and coming right from the horses mouths for like ten years now about this topic.

lol

Here is yet another example of that.. read this article written just last month about the making and writing of a Bigger Bang ... or is this article on the very topic we have debated for 10 years now yet another big lie?: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rolling-stones-bigger-bang/
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2015 at 9:33pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

patioaintdry
Rocks Off Regular

ain't dry

Reply #82 - Oct 12th, 2015 at 10:22am
Ian Billen wrote on Oct 11th, 2015 at 9:24pm:

You're right -- everyone else is wrong. There's your affirmation -- Now let it go.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #83 - Oct 12th, 2015 at 11:02am
They need to release a classic Stones album for the ages. I want the biggest Stones album ever. Pure Stones with a fresh sound.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #84 - Oct 12th, 2015 at 4:35pm
patioaintdry wrote on Oct 12th, 2015 at 10:22am:
Ian Billen wrote on Oct 11th, 2015 at 9:24pm:

You're right -- everyone else is wrong. There's your affirmation -- Now let it go.

Well this whole Keith lost his writing chops and the writing for ABB was basically just Mick Jagger ....has all been made up with no basis what-so-ever and in fact that second part is the exact opposite of what has been reported (yet 90% of the people here say I'm the one living in a fantasy about it...?). Yes .. I am right about this aspect because the only people who you describe as <everyone> are the people on this message board and one other. Nobody in the Stones camp or who was covering it from the inside so much as indicated this.. in fact...they specifically said and made a point to say it was actually the <exact opposite> ...Fwuuuuuuck lol.

Doesn't matter what everyone here says based on absolutely nothing but what they determined in their own head, mate  lol .. what matters is who was actually there and what they said and still maintain like ten years on.

*This is from the same group of people who have been saying The Stones have absolutely no interest in ever recording an album again...? Now look at the reality of it.

Point is that, and their story on the recording input, or lack there of by Keith on ABB has been completely fabricated by people who maintain it's the truth and actually everything, and every statement points to it's the opposite of that .. All while saying I am clueless and in my own world for not buying into their story...and YES it was simply that.. a 'story' that has been made up with zero basis. Hell at least I have a hell of a lot of basis and information and statements from the folks who were actually there and involved very much supporting my view of it .... yet by the way most people talk about it around here you would swear it would be the reverse situation lol (unreal)? What is their basis? Is it because they all simply say so...? All that is complete Bullocks (don't you see my point?)

<hey guys...Keith's writing chops are not what they used to be.. he is barely writing anything and he didn't hardly write anything for this album so instead of being evasive about any questions concerning the writing process or keeping that discussion of the writing of the album under the rug let's go out on a limb and promote it as the exact opposite. Lets make it a point to bring it up and declare the opposite of that.. ... gimme fucking break lol>

Ian
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2015 at 6:04pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Buffalo,NY
Reply #85 - Oct 12th, 2015 at 5:39pm
" DOES IT MATTER" I'm in tatters... SHIDOOBEE...in this case it most certanly does matter.  New Music , XXS n. OHHSS  I heard the Keith Richards New movie is GGGrrr8.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2015 at 5:41pm by lavendar »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)