Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Keith says Stones plans to record a new <album> are "definite" as per a meeting in London with them just last week ... from IAN! (Read 15,766 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: Keith says Stones plans to record a new <album> are "definite" as per a meeting in London with them just last week ... from IAN!
Reply #75 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:35pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Steel Wheels wrote on Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:40am:
Just because Mick is seen with someone, doesn't mean that person is going to work with the band.

Thank fuck thats Taylor Swift ruled out then.

Nashville isnt exactly a place you'd expect Mick to be randomly visiting for a few days, though.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

MP
Rocks Off Regular

I thought you were dinner,
but you were the shark

UK
Re: Keith says Stones plans to record a new <album> are "definite" as per a meeting in London with them just last week ... from IAN!
Reply #76 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:36pm
so much ado about nothing.....

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #77 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:38pm
Steel Wheels wrote on Oct 3rd, 2015 at 12:12pm:
It's speculation because fans want this to happen. Jack has been around both Mick and Keith over the years. It doesn't mean the Stones have tossed Don Was in favor of Jack White and are doing a blues album.

That'll never happen and no one to my knowledge has ever suggested its a possibility. There's no sales in it, and therefore no money. Besides, the Stones have basically overlooked  that genre for so long that getting a single blues song played at any concert now is a rare treat.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:39pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #78 - Oct 4th, 2015 at 6:22am
This is all fueled by the passion of fans who take this to the next level.

Jack White carries a lot of cred in the rock world. He's pals with Jimmy Page, Jerry Lee Lewis, likes vinyl records, blues music, has performed with the Stones and runs a record studio.

Remember when Keith was seen with Jack White? What came of that? Crosseyed Heart tracks? Singles? Performances? An opening act slot on the road? Did Keith utilize him for the Aaron Neville album? Oh wait...that was Don Was!

Don Was has been on the scene since Voodoo Lounge and he's their man. We will get Don Was and like it! And if they do dump Don for Jack, naturally we're getting Exile on Main Street part 2!

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #79 - Oct 11th, 2015 at 7:16pm
Gazza wrote on Sep 23rd, 2015 at 3:27pm:
Some more via timeisonourside.com

Back of My Hand
Mick came up with that. He started to play it one day on acoustic guitar and I started thinking, prison songs... We were just casting ideas about. To me, it's a classic sort of Muddy Waters thing, or even earlier. And as we were getting it going, I went, Jesus Christ, we could have cut this at Chess, baby. You are what you listen to, in a way, and I never stopped listening to the blues. Even if I go off on other tangents, there's always that basic diet, thank God.
- Keith Richards, July 2005

I sleep downstairs and the studio is upstairs. One night, I thought I was hearing this old Muddy Waters track I didn't know, but it turned out to be Mick working on a slide part for Back of My Hand. He's always been a good, smooth acoustic player, but the electric seemed like an untamed beast for him until this year. I thought: My God! The boy's finally got it.

- Keith Richards, August 2005

Rough Justice
That came to me in my sleep. It's almost like Satisfaction. Yeah, I almost sort of woke up and said, Where's my guitar? Sometimes you do dream a riff, you know? I had to get up, and it's really hard to get me up. Once I go down, I go down, you know? But, I mean, it's only a song that could get me up and start running around the room, Where's my guitar, where did I put my guitar, before I forget it? I don't often remember dreams, only when they're musical.

Let Me Down Slow
Mick came up with the basic song but I came up with the chimes (sings descending major chorus melody). But I'd say that one's more Mick than me, absolutely. You can tell.

She Saw Me Coming
On She Saw Me Coming, that is Mick on bass, Charlie, Keith and me, cut live. We should do more like that, like in the Faces' days where we would just take off - eyes down, meet you at the end.

- Ron Wood, July 2005

Rain Fall Down
I laid down drum loops on the demos and certain grooves, and I ended up working with Charlie and working up those specific grooves, like on Rain Fall Down. In the old days when you did demos, you couldn't really carry them over into recording. But now I just took certain elements, and I've kept elements, so it saves you time. And also you can get a certain kind of feel sometimes when you initially do it, too.

- Mick Jagger, November 2005

Streets Of Love
It's a Mick tour de force, in a way. But we all really enjoy playing it. When we first knocked it out on acoustic, we felt, Oh, that's nice, but it sounded kind of standard. So then Mick and I were saying, It's the dynamics that count. You gotta take it up and down.

Biggest Mistake
Of course, you are as vulnerable as anyone else. It's crazy to think someone can't be hurt just because he's famous or he struts across a stage. If you go back through Stones albums, I'm sure you'll find vulnerability along with the swagger. It may not have
been as easy to see, though, because it's not my temperament to share that feeling. I've often hid my feelings with humor. This
time the songs were written very quickly, and I was in a certain frame of mind. I thought about some of the words afterward to see whether they were too personal, but I decided to just let them stay. Keith was very encouraging... Translating that vulnerability into a song is very cathartic for you. You have to write it down and examine it and decide what you wanted to
share. There's something in the process that helped me get past the hurt it.

- Mick Jagger, 2005

Sweet Neocon
There's been other social comment before from the Rolling Stones. This one's a bit more direct. Perhaps it's the times we're living in. I was being more direct than metaphorical. I think right-wing commentators get fed up with pop singers involved with anything but pop singing. But artists have responsibilities too. Everyone has responsibilities. As long as you don't bang on about it every day - because people get very bored with that. I think comment from artists, whether they are painters or any kind of creative people, is part of what you do.

- Mick Jagger, August 2005

Dangerous Beauty
You're almost the first person to bring that up. I never hustled that one. But, yes, it's pretty strong.

- Mick Jagger, August 2005, speaking to someone pointing out that the
lyrics are about the Abu Gharaib prison abuse scanda

Now it is been reported by Keith that there are also a couple songs on Crosseyed Heart that were actually written by Keith in the a Bigger Bang Sessions that never got finished or recorded fully .. 

So all this talk all over the last ten years is perplexing to me and it shows a contradictory attitude by The fans here lol To say Keith was basically a lump, or even not being quite productive on the last record isn't what has been consistently reported by them and the people surrounding the project ? (which I have disagreed with from day 1 on this notion Mick wrote almost all of A Bigger Bang and Keith didn't wrote much on it blah blah blah lol).

The only people saying Keith barely wrote anything for A Bigger Bang are the people on this message board and one other.

The Stones and the people surrounding these projects said and are still saying quite the contrary.

Ian
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2015 at 7:21pm by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #80 - Oct 11th, 2015 at 7:52pm
Ian is checking bitches.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #81 - Oct 11th, 2015 at 9:24pm
Some Guy wrote on Oct 11th, 2015 at 7:52pm:
Ian is checking bitches.

Ha!! I'm on it.

Only reason I am really put off on that concept is bc that notion has been completely fabricated on this message board.

As well .. it isn't even like they kept quiet about who wrote how much etc. They made it a point to say they wrote together closer than they had in decades lol. They were both contributing and were creative forces behind it. Micjk 'may of' did a little more solidifying the larger share but so what .. Keith was still very much there and being quite productive and in fact very involved in the writing process according to everyone surrounding it.

Why everyone says completely otherwise here and insists I'm nuts is beyond me?

Hell I am just going by what they and people said who were actually there.. (that is coming from Stones and non-Stones)

Still clueless why people won't accept 'what-is' and coming right from the horses mouths for like ten years now about this topic.

lol

Here is yet another example of that.. read this article written just last month about the making and writing of a Bigger Bang ... or is this article on the very topic we have debated for 10 years now yet another big lie?: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rolling-stones-bigger-bang/
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2015 at 9:33pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

patioaintdry
Rocks Off Regular

the pools in but the patio
ain't dry

Reply #82 - Oct 12th, 2015 at 10:22am
Ian Billen wrote on Oct 11th, 2015 at 9:24pm:

You're right -- everyone else is wrong. There's your affirmation -- Now let it go.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #83 - Oct 12th, 2015 at 11:02am
They need to release a classic Stones album for the ages. I want the biggest Stones album ever. Pure Stones with a fresh sound.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #84 - Oct 12th, 2015 at 4:35pm
patioaintdry wrote on Oct 12th, 2015 at 10:22am:
Ian Billen wrote on Oct 11th, 2015 at 9:24pm:

You're right -- everyone else is wrong. There's your affirmation -- Now let it go.

Well this whole Keith lost his writing chops and the writing for ABB was basically just Mick Jagger ....has all been made up with no basis what-so-ever and in fact that second part is the exact opposite of what has been reported (yet 90% of the people here say I'm the one living in a fantasy about it...?). Yes .. I am right about this aspect because the only people who you describe as <everyone> are the people on this message board and one other. Nobody in the Stones camp or who was covering it from the inside so much as indicated this.. in fact...they specifically said and made a point to say it was actually the <exact opposite> ...Fwuuuuuuck lol.

Doesn't matter what everyone here says based on absolutely nothing but what they determined in their own head, mate  lol .. what matters is who was actually there and what they said and still maintain like ten years on.

*This is from the same group of people who have been saying The Stones have absolutely no interest in ever recording an album again...? Now look at the reality of it.

Point is that, and their story on the recording input, or lack there of by Keith on ABB has been completely fabricated by people who maintain it's the truth and actually everything, and every statement points to it's the opposite of that .. All while saying I am clueless and in my own world for not buying into their story...and YES it was simply that.. a 'story' that has been made up with zero basis. Hell at least I have a hell of a lot of basis and information and statements from the folks who were actually there and involved very much supporting my view of it .... yet by the way most people talk about it around here you would swear it would be the reverse situation lol (unreal)? What is their basis? Is it because they all simply say so...? All that is complete Bullocks (don't you see my point?)

<hey guys...Keith's writing chops are not what they used to be.. he is barely writing anything and he didn't hardly write anything for this album so instead of being evasive about any questions concerning the writing process or keeping that discussion of the writing of the album under the rug let's go out on a limb and promote it as the exact opposite. Lets make it a point to bring it up and declare the opposite of that.. ... gimme fucking break lol>

Ian
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2015 at 6:04pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Buffalo,NY
Reply #85 - Oct 12th, 2015 at 5:39pm
" DOES IT MATTER" I'm in tatters... SHIDOOBEE...in this case it most certanly does matter.  New Music , XXS n. OHHSS  I heard the Keith Richards New movie is GGGrrr8.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2015 at 5:41pm by lavendar »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)