Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Keith says Stones plans to record a new <album> are "definite" as per a meeting in London with them just last week ... from IAN! (Read 15,775 times)
Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Keith says Stones plans to record a new <album> are "definite" as per a meeting in London with them just last week ... from IAN!
Reply #50 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 10:57pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Soldatti wrote on Sep 22nd, 2015 at 6:44pm:
From top of my head, except for Rough Justice, This Place Is Empty and Infamy (all Keith's songs), the rest of the album is 100% Mick with bits here and there from Keith.
Mick even said in an interview at the time that he came over with about 11-12 songs/demos to the session written during the last year (2003-04).

Keith had a hand in "It Won't Take Long," a soul-style number that they retooled for ABB. But other than that, yeah, that's it.

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: Keith says Stones plans to record a new <album> are "definite" as per a meeting in London with them just last week ... from IAN!
Reply #51 - Sep 23rd, 2015 at 3:27pm
Some more via timeisonourside.com

Back of My Hand
Mick came up with that. He started to play it one day on acoustic guitar and I started thinking, prison songs... We were just casting ideas about. To me, it's a classic sort of Muddy Waters thing, or even earlier. And as we were getting it going, I went, Jesus Christ, we could have cut this at Chess, baby. You are what you listen to, in a way, and I never stopped listening to the blues. Even if I go off on other tangents, there's always that basic diet, thank God.
- Keith Richards, July 2005

I sleep downstairs and the studio is upstairs. One night, I thought I was hearing this old Muddy Waters track I didn't know, but it turned out to be Mick working on a slide part for Back of My Hand. He's always been a good, smooth acoustic player, but the electric seemed like an untamed beast for him until this year. I thought: My God! The boy's finally got it.

- Keith Richards, August 2005

Rough Justice
That came to me in my sleep. It's almost like Satisfaction. Yeah, I almost sort of woke up and said, Where's my guitar? Sometimes you do dream a riff, you know? I had to get up, and it's really hard to get me up. Once I go down, I go down, you know? But, I mean, it's only a song that could get me up and start running around the room, Where's my guitar, where did I put my guitar, before I forget it? I don't often remember dreams, only when they're musical.

Let Me Down Slow
Mick came up with the basic song but I came up with the chimes (sings descending major chorus melody). But I'd say that one's more Mick than me, absolutely. You can tell.

She Saw Me Coming
On She Saw Me Coming, that is Mick on bass, Charlie, Keith and me, cut live. We should do more like that, like in the Faces' days where we would just take off - eyes down, meet you at the end.

- Ron Wood, July 2005

Rain Fall Down
I laid down drum loops on the demos and certain grooves, and I ended up working with Charlie and working up those specific grooves, like on Rain Fall Down. In the old days when you did demos, you couldn't really carry them over into recording. But now I just took certain elements, and I've kept elements, so it saves you time. And also you can get a certain kind of feel sometimes when you initially do it, too.

- Mick Jagger, November 2005

Streets Of Love
It's a Mick tour de force, in a way. But we all really enjoy playing it. When we first knocked it out on acoustic, we felt, Oh, that's nice, but it sounded kind of standard. So then Mick and I were saying, It's the dynamics that count. You gotta take it up and down.

Biggest Mistake
Of course, you are as vulnerable as anyone else. It's crazy to think someone can't be hurt just because he's famous or he struts across a stage. If you go back through Stones albums, I'm sure you'll find vulnerability along with the swagger. It may not have
been as easy to see, though, because it's not my temperament to share that feeling. I've often hid my feelings with humor. This
time the songs were written very quickly, and I was in a certain frame of mind. I thought about some of the words afterward to see whether they were too personal, but I decided to just let them stay. Keith was very encouraging... Translating that vulnerability into a song is very cathartic for you. You have to write it down and examine it and decide what you wanted to
share. There's something in the process that helped me get past the hurt it.

- Mick Jagger, 2005

Sweet Neocon
There's been other social comment before from the Rolling Stones. This one's a bit more direct. Perhaps it's the times we're living in. I was being more direct than metaphorical. I think right-wing commentators get fed up with pop singers involved with anything but pop singing. But artists have responsibilities too. Everyone has responsibilities. As long as you don't bang on about it every day - because people get very bored with that. I think comment from artists, whether they are painters or any kind of creative people, is part of what you do.

- Mick Jagger, August 2005

Dangerous Beauty
You're almost the first person to bring that up. I never hustled that one. But, yes, it's pretty strong.

- Mick Jagger, August 2005, speaking to someone pointing out that the
lyrics are about the Abu Gharaib prison abuse scanda

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #52 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 8:13pm
Gazza wrote on Sep 23rd, 2015 at 3:27pm:

Back of My Hand
Mick came up with that. He started to play it one day on acoustic guitar and I started thinking, prison songs... We were just casting ideas about. To me, it's a classic sort of Muddy Waters thing, or even earlier. And as we were getting it going, I went, Jesus Christ, we could have cut this at Chess, baby. You are what you listen to, in a way, and I never stopped listening to the blues. Even if I go off on other tangents, there's always that basic diet, thank God.

I sleep downstairs and the studio is upstairs. One night, I thought I was hearing this old Muddy Waters track I didn't know, but it turned out to be Mick working on a slide part for Back of My Hand. He's always been a good, smooth acoustic player, but the electric seemed like an untamed beast for him until this year. I thought: My God! The boy's finally got it.

Rough Justice
That came to me in my sleep. It's almost like Satisfaction. Yeah, I almost sort of woke up and said, Where's my guitar? Sometimes you do dream a riff, you know? I had to get up, and it's really hard to get me up. Once I go down, I go down, you know? But, I mean, it's only a song that could get me up and start running around the room, Where's my guitar, where did I put my guitar, before I forget it? I don't often remember dreams, only when they're musical.

Let Me Down Slow
Mick came up with the basic song but I came up with the chimes (sings descending major chorus melody). But I'd say that one's more Mick than me, absolutely. You can tell.

She Saw Me Coming
On She Saw Me Coming, that is Mick on bass, Charlie, Keith and me, cut live. We should do more like that, like in the Faces' days where we would just take off - eyes down, meet you at the end.

- Ron Wood, July 2005

Rain Fall Down
I laid down drum loops on the demos and certain grooves, and I ended up working with Charlie and working up those specific grooves, like on Rain Fall Down. In the old days when you did demos, you couldn't really carry them over into recording. But now I just took certain elements, and I've kept elements, so it saves you time. And also you can get a certain kind of feel sometimes when you initially do it, too.

Streets Of Love
It's a Mick tour de force, in a way. But we all really enjoy playing it. When we first knocked it out on acoustic, we felt, Oh, that's nice, but it sounded kind of standard. So then Mick and I were saying, It's the dynamics that count. You gotta take it up and down.

Biggest Mistake
Of course, you are as vulnerable as anyone else. It's crazy to think someone can't be hurt just because he's famous or he struts across a stage. If you go back through Stones albums, I'm sure you'll find vulnerability along with the swagger. It may not have
been as easy to see, though, because it's not my temperament to share that feeling. I've often hid my feelings with humor. This
time the songs were written very quickly, and I was in a certain frame of mind. I thought about some of the words afterward to see whether they were too personal, but I decided to just let them stay. Keith was very encouraging... Translating that vulnerability into a song is very cathartic for you. You have to write it down and examine it and decide what you wanted to

- Mick Jagger, 2005

Sweet Neocon
There's been other social comment before from the Rolling Stones. This one's a bit more direct. Perhaps it's the times we're living in. I was being more direct than metaphorical. I think right-wing commentators get fed up with pop singers involved with anything but pop singing. But artists have responsibilities too. Everyone has responsibilities. As long as you don't bang on about it every day - because people get very bored with that. I think comment from artists, whether they are painters or any kind of creative people, is part of what you do.

Dangerous Beauty
You're almost the first person to bring that up. I never hustled that one. But, yes, it's pretty strong.

Right Keith only wrote one and was only involved slightly on the others in the writing process you list.. I know .. I saw that before. Ok ..but what about Look What The Cat Dragged In, It Wont Take Long, Naturally This Place is Empty ... Infamy ...

Keith and Mick worked 'very closely' on writing and recording the songs. Otherwise, why would the creators of this DVD special go out of the way to drive that very point home right from the git-go.  The writing / creation on ABB was not separate and it was definitely not some one sided affair as you and everyone always says it was lol

Listen to Don Was, Charlie, Ron Wood as third parties to the actual situation (though Woody and Charlie came later to the sessions .. the reality is how I described it and how they understand it too). See here? ... So were they making it all up? Did Keith simply do and play everything Mick said? Was Keith no more than a fill in session musician ... >> lol well no.

Or did they write the tunes <together> and do such very closely in unison.. Seems the DVD here on the making of the record clearly emphasis the latter... hard to argue with that when its the main point of the DVD in subject matter.

After all .. you'll have to argue with Don Was, Charlie, and Ronnie ... as well as me bc they clearly state the contrary here in the vid...grab a look.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi2itTgADGk
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2015 at 9:24pm by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

patioaintdry
Rocks Off Regular

the pools in but the patio
ain't dry

Re: Keith says Stones plans to record a new <album> are "definite" as per a meeting in London with them just last week ... from IAN
Reply #53 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 10:57pm
Sorry Ian, but the reason creators of this DVD went out of their way to insist that Mick and Keith worked closely on ABB was purely for marketing purposes - they wanted to move merchandise, period.

This is not press interview, it's a promo film with 4 Rolling Stones & Don Was fulfilling their obligations to push the record. These same men get a cut of record sales - thats business, with all reciting their rehearsed answers and talking points to stay on message. Talk of close collaboration, things are going great, Ronnie comparing it to Exile . . .all part of the ABB business plan. I'd love to know how many takes it took of Keith saying he really likes Streets of Love before they had one that was usable.

Now . . .for the love of God, stop this madness, put an end to this miserable thread, and do something constructive like arguing over who contributed what on Dirty Work.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #54 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 2:51am
patioaintdry wrote on Sep 24th, 2015 at 10:57pm:
Sorry Ian, but the reason creators of this DVD went out of their way to insist that Mick and Keith worked closely on ABB was purely for marketing purposes - they wanted to move merchandise, period.

This is not press interview, it's a promo film with 4 Rolling Stones & Don Was fulfilling their obligations to push the record. These same men get a cut of record sales - thats business, with all reciting their rehearsed answers and talking points to stay on message. Talk of close collaboration, things are going great, Ronnie comparing it to Exile . . .all part of the ABB business plan. I'd love to know how many takes it took of Keith saying he really likes Streets of Love before they had one that was usable.

Now . . .for the love of God, stop this madness, put an end to this miserable thread, and do something constructive like arguing over who contributed what on Dirty Work.

Well naturally I considered that concept was made up just for marketing purposes ....but truthfully, whether they said they worked very closely together on it or not would not of sold anything more... they knew it and so did I. As well, I could see mentioning that here and there to push it...but creating a whole CD on it over one big lie is <much> IMO.

As well... none of us know. I agree it was a 60/40 ordeal with Mick doing a little more but other than that I gotta go with the folks who were actually there and what they said took place.

Ian
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2015 at 2:52am by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #55 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 8:02am
less with the "we're-gonna-record" talk,
more with the "we're-gonna-tour-Europe-starting-with-2-concerts-in-marseille" talk please!

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #56 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 8:55am
Ian..can you update me with the new album tracklisting please?

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #57 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 1:21pm
When this new Stones album drops, you will all rue the day you heckled Ian!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #58 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 7:04pm
Ian Billen wrote on Sep 24th, 2015 at 8:13pm:
Gazza wrote on Sep 23rd, 2015 at 3:27pm:

Back of My Hand

Rough Justice

Let Me Down Slow

She Saw Me Coming

- Ron Wood, July 2005

Rain Fall Down

Streets Of Love

Biggest Mistake

- Mick Jagger, 2005

Sweet Neocon

Dangerous Beauty

Right Keith only wrote one and was only involved slightly on the others in the writing process you list.. I know .. I saw that before. Ok ..but what about Look What The Cat Dragged In, It Wont Take Long, Naturally This Place is Empty ... Infamy ...

Keith and Mick worked 'very closely' on writing and recording the songs. Otherwise, why would the creators of this DVD special go out of the way to drive that very point home right from the git-go.  The writing / creation on ABB was not separate and it was definitely not some one sided affair as you and everyone always says it was lol

Listen to Don Was, Charlie, Ron Wood as third parties to the actual situation (though Woody and Charlie came later to the sessions .. the reality is how I described it and how they understand it too). See here? ... So were they making it all up? Did Keith simply do and play everything Mick said? Was Keith no more than a fill in session musician ... >> lol well no.

Or did they write the tunes <together> and do such very closely in unison.. Seems the DVD here on the making of the record clearly emphasis the latter... hard to argue with that when its the main point of the DVD in subject matter.

After all .. you'll have to argue with Don Was, Charlie, and Ronnie ... as well as me bc they clearly state the contrary here in the vid...grab a look.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi2itTgADGk

This Place is Empty and Infamy go without saying. Roug Justice we agree is mostly Keith.

The rest? I dont know. Neither do you. But going by the pattern of the songs I've listed, I know what my money's on. Especially the lyrics.

There's no way in hell Keith wrote anywhere near half of Look what the Cat Dragged In.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Maxmeister
Rocks Off Regular

Locked, cocked and ready
to rock!

Reply #59 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 8:57pm

This Place is Empty and Infamy go without saying. Roug Justice we agree is mostly Keith.

The rest? I dont know. Neither do you. But going by the pattern of the songs I've listed, I know what my money's on. Especially the lyrics.

There's no way in hell Keith wrote anywhere near half of Look what the Cat Dragged In. [/quote]

Your money is safe, no doubt.
As I said upon my first spin, the majority is Mick and not Stones Mick but solo Mick.

Rick

It's all about the music.

Always know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #60 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 12:07pm
[quote author=4D656A5B466D6868616A040 link=1442365506/54#54 date=1443167491][quote author=706174696F61696E74647279000 link=1442365506/53#53 date=1443153453]Sorry Ian, but the reason creators of this DVD went out of their way to insist that Mick and Keith worked closely on ABB was purely for marketing purposes - they wanted to move merchandise, period.

Well naturally I considered that concept was made up just for marketing purposes ....but truthfully, whether they said they worked very closely together on it or not would not of sold anything more... they knew it and so did I. As well, I could see mentioning that here and there to push it...but creating a whole DVD based on that when it is over one big lie is <much> to swallow and in my opinion is doubtful they would actually go to that far. IMO.

As well... none of us know. I agree it was a 60/40 ordeal with Mick doing a little more but other than that I gotta go with the folks who were actually there and what they said took place.

Ian

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #61 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 12:09pm
Some Guy wrote on Sep 25th, 2015 at 1:21pm:

Ha. Indeed.

IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #62 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 12:17am
Ian Billen wrote on Sep 28th, 2015 at 12:09pm:
Some Guy wrote on Sep 25th, 2015 at 1:21pm:

Ha. Indeed.

Yup! Cheers for your enthusiasm, mate, even though it sometimes gets the better of your reason!
Carry on...

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #63 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 2:30pm
the latest in the rumors...

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/244246/20150929/rolling-stones-new-album.htm

The Rolling Stones have a few materials in line for a new album but the members of the band are reportedly not ready for another record.

Singer Mick Jagger revealed recently in an Ultimate Classic Rock report that he has a few songs already lined up for the group.

"I've got a lot of new songs, and songs I've written over the last couple of years," Jagger said, describing the new Rolling Stones album. "I've done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record. I'd love to record a Stones album."

Meanwhile, with a few songs ready to be recorded, Keith Richards, however, is contemplating on how he could put the band together back in the studio.

He revealed in a report by NME that he expects the record in 2017 after stating how it would be impossible to put the guys together in the studio this year and that they would be preparing for a series of shows in the first half of 2016.

"I'm trying to get the Stones into the studio," he said about the new album from The Rolling Stones in an interview with Entertainment Weekly. "But I don't quite honestly see it happening this year."

"After we do South America in February and March [2016], I'd love to get in the studio in April," Richards explained
. "But I know what those guys are like. When they finish a tour, they don't want to do nothing!"

In addition to that, Richards said in the same interview how rumors about a break up have been bugging them since they toured in the 70s.

"People have said we're splitting up since every tour from about 1975," said Richards. "If anybody should be interested in when we're going to quit, it should be the Stones, and they're not particularly interested in doing so."

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #64 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 2:05pm
Mick Jagger’s Visit With Jack White Sparks New Rolling Stones Album Rumors
By Nick DeRiso October 2, 2015

Michael Hickey / Frazer Harrison, Getty Images

Mick Jagger has been spotted with Jack White, prompting new speculation about whether the Rolling Stones might join him in the studio.

The idea was first broached in 2009, when Rolling Stone followed up on the news that Keith Richards had laid down tracks with White. Back then, Richards was somewhat evasive on whether White might produce the first Stones album since 2005′s A Bigger Bang – though still very complimentary. “I enjoy working with Jack,” Richards said. “I know Jack pretty well. He’s a lovely player.”

Jagger and White were spotted this week at a concert by indie band Death From Above 1979 held at White’s Third Man Records in Nashville. That’s the same complex where Neil Young recorded 2014′s A Letter Home. Third Man includes a studio, record store, label offices and a novelties lounge – the latter of which includes White’s Third Man Record Booth, a refurbished 1947 Voice-o-Graph vinyl recording facility that Young used for his album.

White isn’t Jagger’s only famous recent hang, and he’s clearly been enjoying the full range of Tennessee-based fun. Jagger joined Taylor Swift for a randy take on “Satisfaction” at Bridgestone Arena while posting photographs of himself at Tennessee’s Radnor Lake and even enjoying an evening of bowling.

Then again, as Nashville Scene notes, White has a bowling alley in his home – and the one pictured “isn’t any of the ones we recognize.” So, the plot continues to thicken …

Read More: Mick Jagger's Visit With Jack White Sparks New Rolling Stones Album Rumors | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/mick-jagger-jack-white/?trackback=tsmclip

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #65 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:24pm
Mick Jagger has been spotted with Jack White, prompting new speculation about whether the Rolling Stones might join him in the studio.

Wouldnt it be more likely to be the other way round?

I wondered the other day why Jagger was in Nashville. Sounding out a possible producer for a new record could well be the logical answer.

Seems Jack is someone that both Mick and Keith admire and, on paper at least, he's a very likely candidate.

... ... ...
IP Logged

FPM
Rocks Off Regular

Right here in the USA
Reply #66 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 11:04pm
Jesus. That could really work. The mind boggles. 

Jack's love of Son House and Charley Patton could point the Stones in a great direction.

...&&&&
IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #67 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 12:30am
Just the idea of Jack White producing a Stones album makes me all warm and fuzzy!

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #68 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 2:29am
I hope that it's true, but I just hope it's not one of those come and produce two songs, have another producer do one or two, and have Don Was directing it all. I think they need to move on from Don Was, but the bottom line is that Mick and Keith have always done to albums what they want to do, regardless of producers. They can add a flavor, but I find a producer completely changing the band's direction a dubious proposition.

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #69 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:40am
Just because Mick is seen with someone, doesn't mean that person is going to work with the band.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #70 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:45am
Gazza wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:24pm:

Wouldnt it be more likely to be the other way round?

I think that is meant more as in "hosting duties" since White's base of operations is Nashville.

I also think that they are speculating that White would be the producer in that respect as well.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #71 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 11:53am
Hold on.  What?  I don't get it.  There is little credence to this.  It's like muffet tuffet, curds and whey.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #72 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 12:12pm
It's speculation because fans want this to happen. Jack has been around both Mick and Keith over the years. It doesn't mean the Stones have tossed Don Was in favor of Jack White and are doing a blues album.

It's certainly more likely that Mick will do something with a Taylor Swift or a rap star before anything else.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #73 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 12:33pm
That's the truth Wheelie.  Stone hard facts.  I dare anyone to dispute you, including this alleged Billen character.

A lot of negroes in Canada.  Tons of Asians too.  One Asian told me that Canada is the ultimate goal for many Chinese, Thai, Koreans, Vietnamese, Hong Kongians (Hong bangin' Kong).  Canadians are very good natured and polite.  It's a civil place with an educated, diverse populace.  At least Toronto is.  And Toronto has very attractive women.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

patioaintdry
Rocks Off Regular

the pools in but the patio
ain't dry

Reply #74 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 12:49pm
Screw Jack White & his d-bag ego - don't fuck with Iggy. Mick should go to Chicago & speak with Steve Albini.

https://www.teamrock.com/news/2014-06-05/why-iggy-dropped-jack-white

Iggy Pop says a tense phone conversation scuppered any chance of Jack White producing a Stooges album.

Pop and White talked about the possibility, only for White to insist he take control of an entire album while Iggy had just a few tracks in mind.

In a previously unreleased interview with Steve Miller – author of Detroit Rock City: The Uncensored History of Rock ‘n’ Roll in America’s Loudest City – Pop explains how close a Stooges/White project came to happening.

Pop says: “I heard he wanted to do it and I thought that could work in the group’s favour for a couple of reasons, but I didn’t want to do a whole record, I just wanted to do a few tracks.

“So I offered him a few tracks and Jack being Jack, said, 'well I don’t want to do that, I want to do a whole thing.' At one point I felt I was just about ready to do it and we were having a conversation and the last thing he had to say was, 'Okay I’ll call you up when I have time.'

“I put down the phone and part of me was like, 'fuck you kid.'”

The Stooges came under pressure from their record company to make the collaboration happen, but there were fears it would be more about White than the band.

Iggy reformed The Stooges officially for 2007's The Weirdness album, although he worked with the band on his 2003 solo album Skull Ring – which was around the time White showed an interest in a working relationship.

Meanwhile Jack White has shared a video for the title track from his upcoming solo album Lazaretto. The record, his second solo offering, is released on Monday, June 9.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)