Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
In memory of Tom Layhue (TomL, Sai Wong, Willie Dixon)
With Sir Moonie, Fleabit Peanut Monkey, and Nanky © NFI but thanks!r!

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Send Topic Print
2015 NFL Thread (American Football) (Read 72,895 times)
AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: 2015 NFL Thread (American Football)
Reply #75 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 11:01pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I saw a brief story this morning that quoted Peyton as saying that he hasn't had any feeling in his fingertips since his neck surgery. Seriously?  Retire man.

My first career was in nursing.  There is no way with that kind of nerve damage he should be playing right now.  One bad hit and who knows what will happen.  It's a bit like watching Favre those last couple years he played.  He was still tremendous fun to watch, but you cringed every time he was hit wondering what had happened to him now.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #76 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 11:49am
Live by the Vick, die by the Vick.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #77 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 12:02pm
Vick's a dick.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #78 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 1:38pm
The Nation is not happy.  I speak on behalf of The Nation.

The Nation is pro-America.

The Rooneys are Irish.

The Nation enjoys a good old drunken chicken fight, but Vick's actions are prehensile.

Be difficult to see this fuckstick in a Nation uniform.  Throw his goddam ass in the goddam Monogahela!

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #79 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 1:56pm
Can this be reversed? This is unacceptable.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #80 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 2:11pm
I think it's a done deal.  No available remedies.  Doesn't bode well for the Nation dogs.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2015 at 2:59pm by sirmoonie »  

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #81 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 2:13pm
Will someone in the locker room bust him right in the moof?

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #82 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 3:31pm
sirmoonie wrote on Aug 26th, 2015 at 2:11pm:
I think it's a done deal.  No available remedies.  Doesn't bode well for the Nation dogs.

So now you have a rapist and a dog fighter for QB's. Nice guys. At least they don't deflate footballs. That's way worse. What a post Ronnie!!!!!

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #83 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 3:33pm
laying the smackdown on some candied ass...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #84 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 3:40pm
Here's a blast from the past:

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #85 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 3:47pm

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #86 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 5:01pm
"Congenital a abutting foundation"

...&&&&...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #87 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 5:06pm
robpop wrote on Aug 26th, 2015 at 5:01pm:
"Congenital a abutting foundation"

postin' above the rim...
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2015 at 5:08pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #88 - Aug 26th, 2015 at 5:57pm
They got that General Tso chicken all over those Asian slop shacks now.  Tijuana chickens dunked in Three Musketeers sugar sauce.  Enough to make you vomit. I asked a lot of them who General Tso is.  They have no goddam idea who the fuck goddam General Tso is.  Or if they do, they ain't saying.  They give me that blank look they've fostered so well, while they pillage all our goddammilitary secrets and White House dinner lists!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #89 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 6:24am
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago

Rex Grossman is signing a one-year deal with Falcons, per source.

Thoughts?

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #90 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 8:10am
You've seen the guy play.  Heard the commentary.  He's not an NFL QB.  I don't think he deflates balls.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #91 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 10:17am
Drew Brees is No. 2 quarterback in Pro Football Focus rankings

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees is being drafted in the third through fifth round of most leagues. (David Grunfeld, NOLA.com |The Times-Picayune)

August 27, 2015

Pro Football Focus is cranking out top 10 lists for each position unit in the NFL, and the news is encouraging for the New Orleans Saints.

Not only does the website rank Drew Brees as the second-best quarterback in the league, it also puts the Saints' running back corps at No. 8 overall.

On Brees, the website said that "rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated...He faces some challenges this season, with Jimmy Graham now on the Seattle Seahawks, but if his pass to Brandin Cooks on Saturday night was anything to go by, he's in for another fine season in 2015."

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is ranked No. 1 overall.

For running backs, the Seattle Seahawks, Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers are ranked in the top three.

The Saints' eclectic backfield featuring Mark Ingram, C.J. Spiller and Khiry Robinson is No. 8, ahead of the Miami Dolphins and Cincinnati Bengals.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/08/drew_brees_is_no_2_quarterback.html...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #92 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 10:47am
...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #93 - Aug 29th, 2015 at 10:29am
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 27th, 2015 at 10:17am:
Drew Brees is No. 2 quarterback in Pro Football Focus rankings

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees is being drafted in the third through fifth round of most leagues. (David Grunfeld, NOLA.com |The Times-Picayune)

August 27, 2015

Pro Football Focus is cranking out top 10 lists for each position unit in the NFL, and the news is encouraging for the New Orleans Saints.

Not only does the website rank Drew Brees as the second-best quarterback in the league, it also puts the Saints' running back corps at No. 8 overall.

On Brees, the website said that "rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated...He faces some challenges this season, with Jimmy Graham now on the Seattle Seahawks, but if his pass to Brandin Cooks on Saturday night was anything to go by, he's in for another fine season in 2015."

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is ranked No. 1 overall.

For running backs, the Seattle Seahawks, Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers are ranked in the top three.

The Saints' eclectic backfield featuring Mark Ingram, C.J. Spiller and Khiry Robinson is No. 8, ahead of the Miami Dolphins and Cincinnati Bengals.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/08/drew_brees_is_no_2_quarterback.html...

Edith?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2557588-saints-qb-drew-brees-walks-home-from-...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #94 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 7:23am
Did not play well at all this weekend. Lingering issues still remain unresolved. Drew Brees is a class act.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #95 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 8:45am
Some Guy wrote on Aug 31st, 2015 at 7:23am:
Drew Brees is a class act.

Check out the new receiver...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #96 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 2:20pm

32 years ago today and the birth of the Who Dat phenomenon

By Jeff Duncan, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
on September 01, 2015

Ever wondered how the Who Dat chant started?

The popular rally cry's relationship with the New Orleans Saints actually dates to a WVUE-TV feature story on St. Augustine High School's football team, which aired 32 years ago today on Sept. 1, 1983, according to local sports historian William Taylor.

As part of its high school football preview series, WVUE featured the St. Augustine Purple Knights. In the story, then-St. Aug coach Tony Biagas revealed that the players used a chant on the daily bus ride to practice to set the mood.

"Who dat, who dat, who dat talkin' about beatin' St. Aug?! Who dat?! Who dat?!"

Reporter Ken Berthelot and photographer Avis Landry documented the ritual for the feature story and showed the finished product to sports director Ron Swoboda back at the studio. Swoboda loved it.

After the feature aired that day, WVUE received several phone calls from viewers asking that it be re-aired. The station obliged at 10 p.m.

Three days later, the chants could be heard echoing through the crowd at the Superdome during the Saints' 28-17 victory against the St. Louis Cardinals in the 1983 regular-season opener.

A legend was born.

"That's where it started," Swoboda said.

A few weeks later, the famous "Who Dat" song was recorded by Aaron Neville and a group of players known as "The Singing Saints": Brad Edelman; John Hill; Reggie Lewis; Louis Oubre; and Dave Waymer. The song, which actually was a version of "When the Saints Go Marching In," was produced by Carlo Nuccio and brothers Sal and Steve Monistere and copyrighted on Oct. 17, 1983.

WVUE had exclusive access to film the recording session and produced a music video featuring the session and Saints season highlights. The station aired the video throughout its Saints coverage that season.

"It turned into a phenomenon," Swoboda said. "It was the first time the Saints were out of the chute with such a good start (4-2) and everyone was excited about (Coach) Bum (Phillips). It was viral before we knew what viral was."

In southern Louisiana, "who dat" was in wide use before 1980, and was used in chants by African-American schools by the early 1970s and in majority-white schools by 1979, according to Nicholls State University English professor Shana Walton, who led a research team hired by the NFL and later contracted by New Orleans businesses to trace the saying's origins. Patterson (La.) High School and some Southwestern Athletic Conference college teams have also laid claim to the chant over the years.

The phrase has become the unofficial chant of Saints fans far and wide. A few years ago, the Saints even started a pre-game tradition by having a designated player lead the cheer at mid-field before kickoff each of home game at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. The saying became so popular the NFL and a group that claimed to have trademarked the catchphrase, waged a legal battle over its rights in 2012.

So while "Who Dat" clearly has been around these parts for decades, it's association as the unofficial chant of the Saints dates to Sept. 1, 1983.

"Just like the (Catholic) Church co-opted Mardi Gras, the Saints and NFL co-opted the Who Dat chant," Swoboda said.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/09/how_the_who_dat_phenonmenon_wa.html...

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #97 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 2:55pm
Brainbell Jangler wrote on Aug 25th, 2015 at 2:48pm:
Deflate this thread!

Why?  This thread is what is right.   Anyway, I did the research.  I call for a full investigation.  I was the only who did not praise the old coot.  You did.  You cannot run, you cannot hide. Deflate this....   http://rocksoff.org/cgi-bin/messageboard/YaBB.pl?num=1289145988

...&&&&...

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #98 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 6:08pm
Is it really Goodbye Diva 3
in away i feel sorry for the guy!
Go Cousins Go!

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #99 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 8:40pm
robpop wrote on Sep 1st, 2015 at 2:55pm:
Brainbell Jangler wrote on Aug 25th, 2015 at 2:48pm:
Deflate this thread!

Why?  This thread is what is right.   Anyway, I did the research.  I call for a full investigation.  I was the only who did not praise the old coot.  You did.  You cannot run, you cannot hide. Deflate this....   http://rocksoff.org/cgi-bin/messageboard/YaBB.pl?num=1289145988

Free Tom Brady! Try Roger Goodell for war crimes!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)