Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Stones to start recording an album at the end of the year ....from Ian (Read 13,148 times)
Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Re: Stones to start recording an album at the end of the year ....from Ian
Reply #50 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 6:28pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Gazza wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 6:14pm:
Ian Billen wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 5:48pm:
Gazza wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 5:37pm:
Jesus wept. Pedantic, much?

How is it vague?

He says 'yes' - then in the next sentence he says 'I think we will'

He says 'we'll do this year, then go into the studio' (meaning 'after 2015')  and then ends with 'end of the year'

Intent, but with a vague timeline.

'who cares when they start'? Only you, it would appear.  I've little interest in splitting hairs in July 2015 about something which I wont be able to hear for at least a year.

"thats what he says for now it's not vague at all... its a question with a direct answer. Not saying its set in stone.."

You dont see the contradiction in what youve just said - and then you're being obsessive about my use of the word 'vague' ?

And who's this 'guy' , anyway ?

I thought you were refferring that the point was vague on whether they will actually do another album lol (I was gonna SAY). My bad.

Yes his time-line is a bit spotty.. a little contradictive... but the point is this...and it appears / reads sort of like this. They plan on finishing the tour... Keith plans on his solo album thing and by end of this year those things should be wrapped up and then they plan on starting a new album ...that is how it reads (or early in the next they plan on working on a new album is also a possibility Id say).

Plan, yes.  Certainly agree on that.  Hopefully they'll still feel the same way in six months time.

Although with South America now likely to be February-March 2016 (unless those plans get shelved again), any timelines are very much subject to change.

And a tour leg will always be prioritised over plans to make a record, I would guess.

I agree. I'm sure they talked about it and suggested the end of the year as a slightly more than tentative plan to a 'fairly solid' idea to get started on one. However.. I'm sure nothing is totally firm... and I am sure no specific date has been set. You know them ...  and yes... I also agree ... any leg of any tour is always gonna take the priority over an album. They will shelve those plans till doomsday if they got a tour leg to do... unless there is ample break time in between. I think their goal is to stay active at this point. They are getting far too old to simply shut down and do nothing. Keith could not handle another tw0-three years of inactivity and get going again at this point. for Mick and all of them that would be a no-no at this age.. (fine line between getting worn down and staying limber /sharp / up to snuff at this age and it looks as if they are going to try and ride that fine line.

They know what they are doing...they ALMOST waited too long up to 2012. Was a long haul back lemme say.

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #51 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 8:55pm
They are in it for the long haul,
no turning back.
Going the distance.
All down the line,
all the way home,
To the end of the road
as far as they can take it.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #52 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 10:24pm
Bitch wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 8:55pm:
They are in it for the long haul,
no turning back.
Going the distance.
All down the line,
all the way home,
To the end of the road
as far as they can take it.

Agreed... Agreed!! Smiley)

IP Logged

patioaintdry
Rocks Off Regular

the pools in but the patio
ain't dry

Reply #53 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 11:12pm
Interesting speculative discussion and I believe the horse has been declared dead.

In an effort to move on -- and terribly off topic, if not off the board itself, have you seen the new 1982 Who Shea Stadium release? Keith Moon loyalist or not:https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL2knAX_LkONAOZs3WJzI0kwTKFXLkG4st&params=O
AFIAVgB&v=pCMgdq7MQGQ&mode=NORMAL
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2015 at 11:17pm by patioaintdry »  

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #54 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 3:23am
We're talking about thoroughbreds, fuck*r.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #55 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 9:22am
just do it.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #56 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 2:21am
WaiteringOnAFiend wrote on Jul 30th, 2015 at 3:23am:
We're talking about thoroughbreds, fuck*r.

Ha.... Thanks My man!! Cheesy  ... Smiley  (and tell em don't forget it)

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #57 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 5:22am
With the Stones opening up a travelling museum gallery show, they most certainly will tour tour and tour. A new record feels about right. It will showcase where the band is now and not make everything feel like nostalgic trip.

They certainly will not retire and become museum relics.

Think about it!

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #58 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 5:49am
I honestly don't give a shit if they release a new album or not. But if they do, it should be titled "for Ian Billen".

You've earned it Ian!  LOL Wow! stu-smiling

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #59 - Aug 3rd, 2015 at 7:56am
Soon we will say we predicted this...

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #60 - Aug 3rd, 2015 at 8:33pm
Some Guy wrote on Aug 3rd, 2015 at 7:56am:

Lol ... well wait a second ... I must point this out...and not to toot my own horn but I do get thrashed here fairly regularly .... So Ok then...well I actually 'have' (with a select very few others). 

Soon my long time point in them being still very interested in making a record and that they plan on starting one / doing one at some point in the future will be a reality bc they will start on one (which btw... in which everyone said I was koo-koo and a total jack-ass for even thinking such a thing.... oh btw...those same people have significantly quieted down lately ...hmmmmm I wonder why?...).

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #61 - Aug 4th, 2015 at 3:21am
Ian Billen wrote on Aug 3rd, 2015 at 8:33pm:

Lol ... well wait a second ... I must point this out...and not to toot my own horn but I do get thrashed here fairly regularly .... So Ok then...well I actually 'have' (with a select very few others). 

Soon my long time point in them being still very interested in making a record and that they plan on starting one / doing one at some point in the future will be a reality bc they will start on one (which btw... in which everyone said I was koo-koo and a total jack-ass for even thinking such a thing.... oh btw...those same people have significantly quieted down lately ...hmmmmm I wonder why?...).

Ian, you've been predicting a new Stones album every year for the past decade or so. And every time you predict it, Gazza patiently explains to you why it's not happening.

Every time Keith  gets interviewed, of course he's going to mention the possibility of a new Stones album. What the hell else is he gonna do? Play golf?
piss off

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #62 - Aug 4th, 2015 at 6:38am
They should record. They should tour behind it AND give the album away...not for FREE but with your paid admission to the show. This practice is now forbidden by Billboard  and SoundScan.

PRINCE did that with Musicology...a triple album that he knew would not sell OTC...but every week he moved 50K units by giving them away at the door.

bought at wholesale (which counts as shipped units) sold with the tickets at a modest profit (counts as units moved...voila...number 1 every week for a month ( top 5 in us, UK, Eurozone).
They handed you the CD when you walked into the show. One of his best tours IMO.

This pissed off Billboard and SoundScan that they changed the rules for units moved...that is why you know have the option to purchase goods with your ticket and not have it "included".

Like the U2 debacle only much more personal and nobody complained except the charts themselves. Well, I complained because now I had 3 copies in my house of the darn thing!!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #63 - Aug 4th, 2015 at 8:59am

<  ---- BEST STONES YET !!!!!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #64 - Aug 4th, 2015 at 9:22am
leonid wrote on Aug 4th, 2015 at 3:21am:

Ian

Ian, you've been predicting a new Stones album every year for the past decade or so. And every time you predict it, Gazza patiently explains to you why it's not happening.

Every time Keith  gets interviewed, of course he's going to mention the possibility of a new Stones album. What the hell else is he gonna do? Play golf?
piss off

I was not refferring to Gazza .. he at least is respectful (and has strong points).

I said they plan on recording a new album <at some point and time in the future> ..and are still interested in recording. However, There were two times I thought they were going to do an album (Forty Licks Sessions) ...and once around 2010 .. I heard Keith was going into the studio ..which it must of been from his solo ..?? or something.  I never friggin dreamed it would be for a solo record at this point from him.

Btw....this is unreal .. you are still seriously doubting they have plans. Nothing 110% solid but fair plans to get together.. later this year (maybe early next year) lol Unreal.

IP Logged

job
Rocks Off Regular

The last of the hard core
troubadours.

Orange County, California
Reply #65 - Aug 4th, 2015 at 10:05am
They've all got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, so I would certainly like some new material soon.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #66 - Aug 4th, 2015 at 11:57am

I don't know why...but this statement just makes me laugh!!!
The idea of Keef on the back nine?
The image of gazza banging his head as he "patiently explains"??
or the image of Ian with the EUREKA light bulb as he types away at his exclusive...?!?

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #67 - Aug 4th, 2015 at 12:46pm
Ian ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #68 - Aug 4th, 2015 at 11:02pm
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 4th, 2015 at 12:46pm:
Ian ?

What the hell kind of show is this? Obviously whatever it was it never totally took off. Who is Een Senfield...?

And as far as this eeeen? guy goes... his parents should have their heads checked. WHY name your kid "Een" ?? It's naming him Ian or leave it ... (I prefer them leaving it... I got a name to protect.. so to speak. That name is <Ian>
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2015 at 11:03pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #69 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 2:58am
Ian Billen wrote on Aug 4th, 2015 at 9:22am:

Ian

piss off

I was not refferring to Gazza .. he at least is respectful (and has strong points).

I said they plan on recording a new album <at some point and time in the future> ..and are still interested in recording. However, There were two times I thought they were going to do an album (Forty Licks Sessions) ...and once around 2010 .. I heard Keith was going into the studio ..which it must of been from his solo ..?? or something.  I never friggin dreamed it would be for a solo record at this point from him.

Btw....this is unreal .. you are still seriously doubting they have plans. Nothing 110% solid but fair plans to get together.. later this year (maybe early next year) lol Unreal.

You've been doing this for years. Look at your post history! You just claimed a new Stones album could sell 9 million copies. You said that! Ridiculous.

Could they release a new album in 2016? Probably. But what would motivate them to do so? There is no financial gain in it and if they tour for it, they'd probably only play 2 songs off it, then forget about it. There is literally no reason for them to make a new album. None. the casual fans that are going to stadium shows have no interest in new songs, and that's the fan base that they are catering to. The money is in touring, not new albums.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #70 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 6:06pm
Leonoid wrote:

Quote:
You've been doing this for years. Look at your post history! You just claimed a new Stones album could sell 9 million copies. You said that! Ridiculous.

Could they release a new album in 2016? Probably. But what would motivate them to do so? There is no financial gain in it and if they tour for it, they'd probably only play 2 songs off it, then forget about it. There is literally no reason for them to make a new album. None. the casual fans that are going to stadium shows have no interest in new songs, and that's the fan base that they are catering to. The money is in touring, not new albums.

Leonoid,

Hold on a min ... You misread / misinterpreted my statment above, or maybe I did not state it correctly. When I said that I had only stated The Stones were doing an album only twice (two years) in the past I meant that in the past it was my belief at two specific times they were in fact recording  / doing one ...<as I spoke> .... at those times (they were not.. I admit fault in those statements).

I HAVE certainly stated, and argued my thought here and elsewhere ..every year... that I thought they <would> once again record an album 'at some point in the future' all along and that there is still 'a strong interest' in them wanting to do that at some point and time (I stand by that today).

The reason they will want to do an album has not much to do with money.. It is for the very same reason Keith recorded and is releasing one of his own .. (...his solo album is not going to make him any money anyway ...right?.. so why is he / did he do it? .. Well it's simple... Because he likes to write /create songs and record albums and create recorded projects  .. he's an artist lol).

>> The Rolling Stones are <artists> and artists feel the need to create... They feel the need to add chapters to their catalogue... especially those at the level that The Stones have throughout their 50 years. Sure they took a HELL of a long break.. but I think they want to record a new product again and they always intended on it. I always stated that.. you seem more to the contrary that they wont. We shall see. I suppose when they do start recording one you will also be in the group that says it will surely suck. When it comes out you will probably be in the group that calls it rubbish lol. 

The reason I thought A potential Stones album could sell 9 million is bc I was under the impression Voodoo Lounge sold 5 million in the US alone...and three million elsewhere. I thought if they promoted it .. thats as good as it could possibly to in today's age for them .. (though times have changed considerably since 94... big time .. I realize that.. Internet... downloads... age... etc.).

Ian
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2015 at 6:14pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #71 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 8:39am
Ian rules!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #72 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 2:09pm
The Rolling Stones are <artists> and artists feel the need to create.

I stopped reading at this point. Did I miss anything? Smiley

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #73 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 7:50pm
Gazza wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 2:09pm:
The Rolling Stones are <artists> and artists feel the need to create.

I stopped reading at this point. Did I miss anything? Smiley

Well you little pisser man you!

Ok .. I admit I should have added the line..."..sooner or LATER.. in this case it's later.. much later.. lol"

... Ian

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)