Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
This Friday 7/17: The Dukes of Dartford in Bethesda, MD (Read 3,610 times)
patioaintdry
Rocks Off Regular

the pools in but the patio
ain't dry

Re: This Friday 7/17: The Dukes of Dartford in Bethesda, MD
Reply #25 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 3:27pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
The pic was an excellent PSA that Katie Couric would embrace. Would enjoy meeting you and TomL and see if you'd still want to speak with me following our set(s). Mel Belli is also in the area as we discovered we're both in the DC 'industry' and share a friend or two outside of the Stones obsession. I hope to wrangle him into attending at some point as well.

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #26 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 6:33pm
Yep. Ran into him in Pittsburgh

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #27 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 7:20pm
[b][/b]nankerphelge wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 2:26pm:
Yeah sorry about the sphincter pic.
That particular procedure is less than fun.

The escalation was purely me.
I was feisty yesterday and took it out on gypsymofo because I thought his treatment of you and your band was pretty shabby. 

But it is his opinion, and if that is the way he feels, who the fuck am I to say?

I am not a seasoned musician with any original songs or recordings.  Maybe if I were I would share the same feelings about other bands.  Maybe I would develop what I perceived in gypsymofo as kind of "snobby" attitude towards a cover band (or a tribute band or whatever band).  I just don't know, I am not him.

I know that I have played for about 8 years.  After 8 years of spare-time playing, I recognize how difficult it is to get a good group together to play together and develop individually and as a unit.  The truly great ones make it look so easy, but it is work.  So anyhow, I admire what you are doing and keep us posted -- TomL and I are in the area, and I will come check y'all out. 

Yeah look, I'm sorry too. I did not realise this guy in the Dukes was a member, and I know that is no excuse too be so derogatory, but sincere apologies are all I have, too anyone I may have offended. And Nanky the sphincter shot was really funny actually I laughed, I was not remotely offended. So; let's leave it there, and move on. I hope the Dukes enjoyed there night. Dukes, rock on, Nanky's right. You got a band, you're obviously talented, and you are young enough to enjoy it. So good luck for the future. Mofo.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)