Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo, NY. 07/11/15. setlist, pics, videos, mug shots, bail bondsmen info (Read 31,817 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo, NY. 07/11/15. setlist, pics, videos, mug shots, bail bondsmen info
Reply #75 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 3:56pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
My friend Merete from Denmark (who was in Berlin with Jini, Glenn, JumpinKentFlash, Matthias, myself and a few others) is there all week for that festival.

Its very hot but last night's gig featuring the Foo Fighters as headliners had to be abandoned early due to what were apparently pretty horrendous weather conditions.

Hopefully it'll be less chaotic on Wednesday.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Re: Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo, NY. 07/11/15. setlist, pics, videos, mug shots, bail bondsmen info
Reply #76 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 4:15pm
Thanks so much for the wonderful photos, SV!!  You take such good care of us!

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #77 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 4:51pm
I must admit that when YGMR appeared at Number 3, I yelled "Fuck", sat down, started sulking like a 2 year old and then whipped out my phone to check Facebook!!! Then those CLOWNS SV and TomL decided to torture me by getting in my face and singing "Hey Hey You Got Me Rocking Now". Bastards.

What a weekend. Just got home after two nights at our Stones Central locale. I'm not one to break down a concert song by song. It was such a special night for me that they could have played a 2 hour version of Miss You and I, wait. No. No. That wouldn't have been acceptable.

OOC was a treat; I was hoping for it as I really like it this Tour. CYHMK a nice surprise that left us screaming "Who the Fuck is Mick Taylor?" Yep. Ronnie was THAT good. Didn't see LSTNT coming at all. I really thought it would be Shattered, which I don't like live so I was happy with the "Song Vote Winner".

Our Band is on fire, especially Keith and Ronnie. The guitars were loud and gritty. What struck me was just how much fun they were having. Keith's grin just screams "I've looked the Grim Reaper in the eye, kids,  and HE backed down". Charlie seemed downright giddy at times. He got a great reception during Intros and actually walked out for a bow TWICE. Ronnie is a new man. He's clearly loving life and his playing shows it. Was introduced as Ronnie "Wing" Wood, a reference to Buffalo's most famous food. And what can we say about Mick that hasn't been said? I actually thought to myself "Is he really human?" It's hard to tear oneself away from the giant monitors despite being 5 rows off the floor on Keith's side in a section closest to the stage without an obstructed view. But I did watch him; particularly when he worked the crowd from the catwalk. I enjoy watching him cast his spell; it's mesmerizing yet somewhat voyeuristic. One feels like they are watching a seduction that perhaps one shouldn't. But who can turn away? Who can not be drawn into his game??? He's the Master and we are his subjects. It feels wrong but it feels good. I guess that's what attracts us to them; maybe sometimes being bad is more fun than being good.

It was an emotional night for me as it was my "full circle" show. My 1st Stones stadium show was in Aug of 75 in the same venue. How could I not think about how my life has changed? A 15 year old "child" is now a 55 year old road weary woman. Yet the Band is still with me. The Band that I've turned to through all the ups and downs of life is right there. On stage. Playing and playing well. My tears flowed during Wild Horses, YGAGWYW and the final bow. At one point I did look up to the sky and said a little prayer of thanks. I have maintained for years that we are the luckiest fans in the world and I'm sticking by that statement.

And then there was the element of my Stones world mixing with my Buffalo world. Getting to introduce some of my oldest and dearest friends to my beloved SV, TomL, martha, Nanky etc. Looking around the stadium and getting waves and hearing shouts from old friends, former co-workers, friends from the Boards etc. On MY turf. In MY hometown. The last time The Stones passed through here was in 1997 and there was no Stones Internet community. At least not in my world. Yet last night we were one. There goes that full circle again.

Best part of the weekend was the FUN. You can't be a real Stones fan and not be a bit mischievous, especially when Rocks Off is your Internet home base. The "Fuck you Gazza" video was all TomL. He was determined to recreate the infamous vid made by our South American friends. He enlisted SV as filmmaker, explained to the Bus what we had to do and we did it. I think we did it pretty well.

I'm still feeling like I'm in a dream and I really don't want to wake up. Thanks to photos and videos, though, these past couple of days will live on.

You really can't always get what you want. Sometimes you feel like you can't EVER get what you want. But every now and then an event comes along that gives your soul a boost. A much needed boost. And this weekend, my beloved RO'ers, I got what I needed.

One love.
LJ.

Just two pics for now:

L-R. glencar, Paranoid Android, martha, Nanky, LJ, Maxmeister, Shidoobee's ExiledinMedina (our dear friend Carolyn), parmeda, TomL and Sweet Virginia. They put the delinquents in a corner!!!

Carolyn, SV and LJ doing "See no Miss You, Sing no Miss You, Hear no Miss You"

« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2015 at 7:42pm by LadyJane »  

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #78 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 5:52pm
What a great weekend.

The weather was spectacular.
The events organized by Matt and his lovely bride, and our own LJ, were fantastic.  Just a really fun time.

The show was pounding - for all the miscues in Pittsburgh, Buffalo was smooth sailing and tight.  Awesome being back where it all started.

Wish we could do it again!
Fingers crossed.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #79 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 6:28pm
Very well spoken LJ. I know what you mean when you say your first show was when you were just a kid and all this time went by and yet The Stones are still out there, giving your life and soul a boost. Nothing else like it. Nothing tops a Stones concert with a bunch of great friends to enjoy it with. Best times in life. Everyone looks great in the photo, but Glencar is in exile, isnt he?

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #80 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 10:58pm
LadyJane wrote on Jul 12th, 2015 at 4:51pm:
I must admit that when YGMR appeared at Number 3, I yelled "Fuck", sat down, started sulking like a 2 year old and then whipped out my phone to check Facebook!!! Then those CLOWNS SV and TomL decided to torture me by getting in my face and singing "Hey Hey You Got Me Rocking Now". Bastards.

What a weekend. Just got home after two nights at our Stones Central locale. I'm not one to break down a concert song by song. It was such a special night for me that they could have played a 2 hour version of Miss You and I, wait. No. No. That wouldn't have been acceptable.

OOC was a treat; I was hoping for it as I really like it this Tour. CYHMK a nice surprise that left us screaming "Who the Fuck is Mick Taylor?" Yep. Ronnie was THAT good. Didn't see LSTNT coming at all. I really thought it would be Shattered, which I don't like live so I was happy with the "Song Vote Winner".

Our Band is on fire, especially Keith and Ronnie. The guitars were loud and gritty. What struck me was just how much fun they were having. Keith's grin just screams "I've looked the Grim Reaper in the eye, kids,  and HE backed down". Charlie seemed downright giddy at times. He got a great reception during Intros and actually walked out for a bow TWICE. Ronnie is a new man. He's clearly loving life and his playing shows it. Was introduced as Ronnie "Wing" Wood, a reference to Buffalo's most famous food. And what can we say about Mick that hasn't been said? I actually thought to myself "Is he really human?" It's hard to tear oneself away from the giant monitors despite being 5 rows off the floor on Keith's side in a section closest to the stage without an obstructed view. But I did watch him; particularly when he worked the crowd from the catwalk. I enjoy watching him cast his spell; it's mesmerizing yet somewhat voyeuristic. One feels like they are watching a seduction that perhaps one shouldn't. But who can turn away? Who can not be drawn into his game??? He's the Master and we are his subjects. It feels wrong but it feels good. I guess that's what attracts us to them; maybe sometimes being bad is more fun than being good.

It was an emotional night for me as it was my "full circle" show. My 1st Stones stadium show was in Aug of 75 in the same venue. How could I not think about how my life has changed? A 15 year old "child" is now a 55 year old road weary woman. Yet the Band is still with me. The Band that I've turned to through all the ups and downs of life is right there. On stage. Playing and playing well. My tears flowed during Wild Horses, YGAGWYW and the final bow. At one point I did look up to the sky and said a little prayer of thanks. I have maintained for years that we are the luckiest fans in the world and I'm sticking by that statement.

And then there was the element of my Stones world mixing with my Buffalo world. Getting to introduce some of my oldest and dearest friends to my beloved SV, TomL, martha, Nanky etc. Looking around the stadium and getting waves and hearing shouts from old friends, former co-workers, friends from the Boards etc. On MY turf. In MY hometown. The last time The Stones passed through here was in 1997 and there was no Stones Internet community. At least not in my world. Yet last night we were one. There goes that full circle again.

Best part of the weekend was the FUN. You can't be a real Stones fan and not be a bit mischievous, especially when Rocks Off is your Internet home base. The "Fuck you Gazza" video was all TomL. He was determined to recreate the infamous vid made by our South American friends. He enlisted SV as filmmaker, explained to the Bus what we had to do and we did it. I think we did it pretty well.

I'm still feeling like I'm in a dream and I really don't want to wake up. Thanks to photos and videos, though, these past couple of days will live on.

You really can't always get what you want. Sometimes you feel like you can't EVER get what you want. But every now and then an event comes along that gives your soul a boost. A much needed boost. And this weekend, my beloved RO'ers, I got what I needed.

One love.
LJ.

Just two pics for now:

L-R. glencar, Paranoid Android, martha, Nanky, LJ, Maxmeister, Shidoobee's ExiledinMedina (our dear friend Carolyn), parmeda, TomL and Sweet Virginia. They put the delinquents in a corner!!!

Carolyn, SV and LJ doing "See no Miss You, Sing no Miss You, Hear no Miss You"

So happy for you LJ......Hoping for more shows. Not just because the band is on fire. But one last chance to meet the craziest, funnest Stones fans in the world. Rocks Off rule you bastards! Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #81 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 11:37pm
Bitch wrote on Jul 12th, 2015 at 6:28pm:
Very well spoken LJ. I know what you mean when you say your first show was when you were just a kid and all this time went by and yet The Stones are still out there, giving your life and soul a boost. Nothing else like it. Nothing tops a Stones concert with a bunch of great friends to enjoy it with. Best times in life. Everyone looks great in the photo but Glencar, is in exile isnt he?

glencar is looking good. I say we lift his life time banishment and give him one more shot.
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2015 at 11:41pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #82 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 4:00am
I'm glad you all had a good time. My favorite bit was the American pronounciation of Gazza  stu-smiling

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #83 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 8:40am

"  ................... glencar is looking good. I say we lift his life time banishment and give him one more shot.  "

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #84 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 8:57am
Nice header pic!   That little corner was a slice of heaven!
A private nook with stone-wall seating and nice landscaping, away from the eyes of management and any of Buffalo's finest. 

Danny's was a great spot for the party. 
Despite repeated violations of Danny's policies, we never once had anyone come up to us and say anything.  The closest we came to any trouble was when Virginia Tim kept hitting on the young hot beer girl.  I was concerned he was going to have to register with the county, but alas, even that turned out ok.

Also enjoyed chatting with a bunch of the stage crew at the hotel -- they were staying there as well, and I met a number of folks that take a tremendous amount of pride in putting up that massive stage/light/sound system.  Joe, Harry, Steve and the others were colorful and reminded me of the '94 official video beginning with the roadie and his girlfriend for the evening!!   And let me just say this….if you think the road crew is a bunch of dope smoking party boys, you are dead wrong -- there are a lot of girls too out there smoking dope and putting up the stage!!!

Loved it.  The only fly in the ointment was the way the Hampton Inn played bait & switch with our LJ.  That was unfortunate.  Unfortunate for us, but most unfortunate for the asshole manager that stepped over the line and pissed off nanky.  And now his soul will be damned to eternal hell as I prepare to embark on a mission….

UPDATE:  HAMPTON INN, part of the Hilton Hotel chain…is HQ'd in McLean, Virginia -- what a coincidence, that is right where my law firm is HQ'd.  That's fantastic news.  I'll send a letter to Paris Hilton on this one.
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2015 at 9:45am by nankerphelge »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #85 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 9:51am

"  .......   The only fly in the ointment was the way the Hampton Inn played bait & switch with our LJ.  That was unfortunate.  Unfortunate for us, but most unfortunate for the asshole manager that stepped over the line and pissed off nanky.  And now his soul will be damned to eternal hell as I prepare to embark on a mission….   "

Nanky  .... what happened ?   Was Baby Steelie involved ?

Developing ...............................................

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #86 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 9:55am
A number of things.
Long sordid story, but the bottom line, and what you will eventually see in the Prayer for Relief in the Class Action Complaint I am preparing, is how to get the smug head guy Kevin (hereinafter "the Goon") fired.

He has no place in the hospitality industry.
None.
Someone with his combination of cluelessness and self-importance can easily find gainful employment as a mall cop somewhere.

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #87 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 10:18am
nankerphelge wrote on Jul 13th, 2015 at 9:55am:
A number of things.
Long sordid story, but the bottom line, and what you will eventually see in the Prayer for Relief in the Class Action Complaint I am preparing, is how to get the smug head guy Kevin (hereinafter "the Goon") fired.

None.
Someone with his combination of cluelessness and self-importance can easily find gainful employment as a mall cop somewhere.

He made me so mad Friday night that I went to bed in tears.

All my hard work, checking, double checking and triple checking that we were there to party but would keep it under control.
"No problem LJ. We are here to cater to your group. We're more than happy to host you".

And then THE GOON showed his face on Friday night to inform "go ahead and start cooking the food you brought but if I get ONE complaint, just one, I'm shutting you down. And not only will I shut you down, I'll close the outdoor patio for the remainder of the weekend and NO ONE will have access to it".

Fearing I was about to punch him in the face, I stormed off to bed.
Mr and Mrs Nanky were behind me feeling the same way.
Leave it to Sai Wong to fire up the grill at 1 am and start cooking. Everyone "behaved" to THE GOON's satisfaction apparently had a great time.
I wouldn't know. I was in bed angry.

Get em Nanky.

Although we had another chat Saturday morning and shook hands, The Goon remained smug and I told his underling Manager "I see your boss is a condescending prick. Must suck to work for him." She didn't reply but I know she agreed.

IP Logged

TomL
Rocks Off Regular

Change the Fucking sets

Sweet Virginia
Reply #88 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 10:22am
What a fucking time. Im still going though. On my 4 th beer and other goodies. Fuck you Gazza, LOLOLOLOLOLOL. It was a good one.

...Her love is ecstasy When her arms enfold me I hear her tender rhapsody But in reality, she doesn't Fucking know me...JMI once again..... running away with me...........

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #89 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 10:35am
" Long sordid story, but the bottom line, and what you will eventually see in the Prayer for Relief in the Class Action Complaint I am preparing, is how to get the smug head guy Kevin (hereinafter "the Goon") fired.

None.

[/quote]

He made me so mad Friday night that I went to bed in tears.

All my hard work, checking, double checking and triple checking that we were there to party but would keep it under control.
"No problem LJ. We are here to cater to your group. We're more than happy to host you".

And then THE GOON showed his face on Friday night to inform "go ahead and start cooking the food you brought but if I get ONE complaint, just one, I'm shutting you down. And not only will I shut you down, I'll close the outdoor patio for the remainder of the weekend and NO ONE will have access to it".

Fearing I was about to punch him in the face, I stormed off to bed.
Mr and Mrs Nanky were behind me feeling the same way.
Leave it to Sai Wong to fire up the grill at 1 am and start cooking. Everyone "behaved" to THE GOON's satisfaction apparently had a great time.
I wouldn't know. I was in bed angry.

Get em Nanky.

Although we had another chat Saturday morning and shook hands, The Goon remained smug and I told his underling Manager "I see your boss is a condescending prick. Must suck to work for him." She didn't reply but I know she agreed.   "

This makes Young Joey sad .  At the C10 Gathering we DEFINITELY Had a very cool hotel manager    --- she was a fan of The Stones .

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #90 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 11:03am
Joey wrote on Jul 13th, 2015 at 10:35am:

This makes Young Joey sad .  At the C10 Gathering we DEFINITELY Had a very cool hotel manager    --- she was a fan of The Stones .

Oh yeah!  Hotel Manager Jill.  She was the best goddam hotel manager I've ever seen.

Truth can be told now - I romped with her all C10 weekend.  Sorry, Joey.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #91 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 11:04am
I think the woman at the Hampton was quite sympathetic (as opposed to the Goon who was just plain pathetic).

She was more than reasonable and was trying to accommodate the Stones group.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #92 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 11:05am
Fuck it, let it go... we got bigger fish to fry.

IP Logged

Trey Krimsin
Rocks Off Regular

Slots Rule You Bastards!!!!!!

Thomasville, North Carolina
Reply #93 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 11:28am
Should have flushed some food down the toilet and left some leftovers somewhere in the room. Preferably in a set of drawers.

In fact, that was something I and a group of friends did in this terrible hotel in Orlando on a marching band field trip. I think we threw a hardened biscuit across the wall. It wouldn't break for anyone else, except me. I think there were still crumbs on the floor when we left. Who knows? With the condition that room was in when we got there, I wouldn't be surprised if those crumbs were still in the carpet.

It's just that demon life, it got me in its sway - MJ/KR

My first published comic work can be found here! And this is only the beginning...:
http://www.grayhavencomics.com/comics/the-gathering-faithtime-travel/

[img]
WWW https://www.facebook.com/rodney.traynham Trey+Krimsin  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #94 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 11:28am
" Oh yeah!  Hotel Manager Jill.  She was the best goddam hotel manager I've ever seen.

Truth can be told now - I romped with her all C10 weekend.  Sorry, Joey. "

Hey , I was wondering why you kept  '  disappearing  '   for a few hours every single day  .  She was friggin hot and loved Mick Jagger and the band .

Stones Is Stones Baby !!!!!  ..... This thing is bigger than ALL of us   ..... Nobody can explain it   ..... Amazing .
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2015 at 11:35am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #95 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 6:33pm
SHIT! FUCK! MOTHER OF GOD!!!

I just got home, back to North Cackalacky!! Got on all my flights flying standby...as if this weekend was so meant to happen!!
Even got to sneak in a few hours of boating with my own Glimmer Twins who are partying it up like only 2 nine year old know how to in upstate NY!!

Digging a bit deep as all this hoopla was just starting...I found these two posts:

TomL wrote on Mar 18th, 2015 at 4:35pm:
Thursday #Buffalo Fuckers # Feel On Baby # you get what you need

Oh and I think a FUCK YOU GAZZA On a school bus may be in order.

and

LadyJane wrote on Mar 18th, 2015 at 2:38pm:
Once show is announced I will start a Buffalo Pre-party thread.

Pre-party will be less than a block from the Stadium and we are looking into bus service from West Seneca hotels to preparty and back to Hotel.
We are also working on parking spaces for those that prefer to drive. Preparty will be in a bar/restaurant and food will be provided.

No need for any of us to have to worry about grills, weather issues and port o potties.

Once all the details have been worked out and we come up with prices per person it shall be posted.

One love!!!!

Lady Jane...the true hHUSTLER!!

And who knew we had our own NostruTHOMAS amongst us?!?

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #96 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 7:45pm

This picture cracks me up for many reasons...too numerous to count...but the best reason is that above LJs head to the right of Nanky's head...is Ms Paranoid,  photobombing us!!!

Thank you all for being so nice to her...or were you being sympathetic since she has me as her Beast of Burden?!?

IP Logged

TomL
Rocks Off Regular

Change the Fucking sets

Sweet Virginia
Reply #97 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 7:46pm
I just blew another day of work. My heart is still beating louder than a big bass drum. Alright.......

We got what we needed Trey. I would not even compare this to a C10 party. Not even in the same country.

...Her love is ecstasy When her arms enfold me I hear her tender rhapsody But in reality, she doesn't Fucking know me...JMI once again..... running away with me...........

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #98 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 9:03pm

OUT OF CONTROL
shot by someone right up front and who know how to use a cell phone to record!!

IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Buffalo,NY
Reply #99 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 9:16pm
GOD HELP ME NOW!

Pleased to MEET YOU

SHIDOOBEES

Wont you guess my name...

I'll be coming down in about a Week!

Thank You God Thank You Jesus <3

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)