Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Limited Edition Clear Vinyl + Album Art Lithograph Collections from The Rolling Stones (Read 4,680 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Limited Edition Clear Vinyl + Album Art Lithograph Collections from The Rolling Stones
Jun 27th, 2015 at 4:54pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
ORDER HERE

Limited Edition Clear Vinyl + Album Art Lithograph Collections from The Rolling Stones

First Release By Spotlight Gallery, A New
Business From The Parent Company Of Time Life

Time Life has announced the release of three Limited Edition Clear Vinyl + Album Art Lithographs from the iconic and acclaimed Rolling Stones albums- ABKCO Records' 12 X 5, Let It Bleed and 'Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!'

Only 2,500 of these hand-numbered and embossed museum-quality lithographs signed in the plate by Rolling Stones members are available through a special license granted by ABKCO Music & Records, Inc.

These highly valuable collectible LP and lithograph sets, each with a Certificate of Authenticity, are available now at www.spotlightgallery.com on a first-come, first-served basis. The lithographs are printed on acid-free, 100# Opus dull cover stock measuring 20" x 24" with an image area of 16" x 16."

It should be noted that no additional copies will be produced after the initial press run is exhausted and the signature plates will be destroyed. The printing plates contain the facsimile signatures of the band's personnel at the time each album was recorded: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Brian Jones and Bill Wyman on the 12 X 5 and Let It Bleed lithographs, and Jagger, Richards, Watts and Wyman on 'Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!'

12 X 5, the Rolling Stones' second full-length U.S. release, in October 1964, combines tracks from the band's earlier U.K. EP Five by Five (recorded at Chess Studios in Chicago) with additional material, including the smash hit singles "It's All Over Now" and "Time Is on My Side." 12 X 5 is dominated by the Stones' takes on R&B and the blues, which would shape and inform the hard blues/R&B wing of the British Invasion in ensuing years. This "Clearly Classic" vinyl edition is sourced from the album's original mono mix. The album's cover, thought to be a visual riposte to Meet the Beatles, was shot by David Bailey. One of the most celebrated fashion/celebrity photographers of all time, Bailey was appointed a Commander of the Order of the British Empire for his "services to art" and was awarded the Royal Photographic Society's Centenary Medal and Honorary Fellowship "in recognition of a sustained, significant contribution to the art of photography."

The thoroughly cohesive and highly regarded Let It Bleed is considered by many to be the Rolling Stones' best album. Tracks include "Midnight Rambler," "You Got the Silver" featuring Keith Richards' first lead vocal, the apocalyptic-themed "Gimme Shelter," the band's faithful take on Robert Johnson's country blues "Love in Vain," and the epochal "You Can't Always Get What You Want." The Let It Bleed album cover art is by Robert Brownjohn, the American-born graphic designer known for creating the title sequences of such films as Goldfinger and From Russia with Love. The Let It Bleed cover features a Dadaist LP-shaped cake created by cookbook author Delia Smith, the design inspired by the album's original title, "Automatic Changer." Let It Bleed's innovative imagery has resonated over the years since its release in late 1969. The cover art was a recent addition to the design collection of New York's Museum of Modern Art and was the subject of a commemorative postage stamp issued by Great Britain's Royal Mail in 2010.

'Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!' The Rolling Stones in Concert holds the distinction of being the first live album by any artist to reach No. 1 on the U.K. charts. Recorded at New York City's Madison Square Garden on November 27 and 28, 1969, the featured concert was part of the U.S. tour during which the group was introduced for the first time as "the greatest rock and roll band," as heard at the start of the album. Ya-Ya's is considered the Stones' finest live album and includes concert versions of the hits "Jumpin' Jack Flash," "Street Fighting Man" and "Sympathy for the Devil," but is most notable for a nine-plus-minute version of "Midnight Rambler" with extended harmonica solos by Mick Jagger, widely considered the greatest recorded version of the song. Shortly after the album's release, rock critic Lester Bangs noted in his Rolling Stone review, "It's still too soon to tell, but I'm beginning to think Ya-Ya's just might be the best album they ever made. I have no doubt that it's the best rock concert ever put on record." The album's cover was shot by David Bailey in February 1970 and the original design is by John Kosh (art director for over 100 album covers, including The Beatles' Abbey Road, The Who's Who's Next, the Eagles' Hotel California, and Rod Stewart's A Night on the Town) and features an atypically exultant Charlie Watts holding two guitars alongside Jack, a donkey burdened with some of his drum kit and a guitar. It has been suggested that Bob Dylan's song "Visions of Johanna," which includes the line "jewels and binoculars hang from the head of the mule," was the inspiration for the Ya Ya's cover concept.

The Rolling Stones Limited Edition Clear Vinyl + Album Art Lithographs are available for purchase at www.spotlightgallery.com or by calling 1-877-914-3040, where future distinguished entertainment collectibles will also be presented.

About Spotlight Gallery www.spotlightgallery.com

Spotlight Gallery features a selection of distinguished entertainment memorabilia and collectibles from renowned music icons, legendary artists, and acclaimed performers from stage and screen. Each item is a piece of history to be treasured for a lifetime by any collector, art enthusiast, or fan.
Spotlight Gallery is owned and operated by Spotlight Collectors Gallery.

« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2015 at 4:59pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Re: Limited Edition Clear Vinyl + Album Art Lithograph Collections from The Rolling Stones
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 4:57pm
they look awesome!! did u buy them? i just ordered the japanese deluxe marquee set can't wait for that to arrive!!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: Limited Edition Clear Vinyl + Album Art Lithograph Collections from The Rolling Stones
Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 5:06pm
I'm gonna order Ya Ya's and I already have my Japanese Blu-Ray + CD of "The Marquee Club Live in 1971" (GREAT SOUND)

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 5:07pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 5:14pm
BTW a litho of Let it Bleed signed by Brian Jones!!

He passed on July 2, 1969 and Let it Bleed was released in December 1969... well at least he played on Midnight Rambler and You Got the Silver

IP Logged

Maczee
Rocks Off Regular

Keep On Rollin'

Buenos Fuckin' Aires
Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2015 at 9:22am
I bought the Hot Rocks vinyl clear edition and has not an excellent sound.

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
maxi.testa  
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #6 - Jun 28th, 2015 at 4:06pm
Colored/clear vinyl never sounds good. Black is where it's at.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #7 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 12:01am
Maczee wrote on Jun 28th, 2015 at 9:22am:

The trouble with vinyl today, is we are so used to CD, and DVD that we expect vinyl to sound like that.
Vinyl is recorded at a much lower volume, and it is harder to pick up on many of the subtle nuances in the mix. TURN IT UP! Remember. This record is meant to be played loud. Have you got a decent turn table? Sherwood, Philips, Technics, or Marantz, etc? What about the system you are listening on? I've got most of the DSD vinyl that has been released, and I love 'em all.

IP Logged

Maczee
Rocks Off Regular

Keep On Rollin'

Buenos Fuckin' Aires
Reply #8 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 10:32am
gypsymofo60 wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 12:01am:

The trouble with vinyl today, is we are so used to CD, and DVD that we expect vinyl to sound like that.
Vinyl is recorded at a much lower volume, and it is harder to pick up on many of the subtle nuances in the mix. TURN IT UP! Remember. This record is meant to be played loud. Have you got a decent turn table? Sherwood, Philips, Technics, or Marantz, etc? What about the system you are listening on? I've got most of the DSD vinyl that has been released, and I love 'em all.

Thank you for the advice!  Yes, I got two turntables Technics with Ortofon and Shure cartridges, on two different systems, Sony and Technics.
I think the sound is not the best if you compares with Voodoo Lounge LP, for example.

maxi.testa  
IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #9 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 9:25pm
Maczee wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 10:32am:

Thank you for the advice!  Yes, I got two turntables Technics with Ortofon and Shure cartridges, on two different systems, Sony and Technics.
I think the sound is not the best if you compares with Voodoo Lounge LP, for example.

Well you've certainly got the gear to produce a good sound no doubt. I've got Sherwood turntable, and Technics, Marantz, Sony, Sansui accessories. Great fuck off Technics speakers. I'm not really familiar with these clear vinyl jobs, ya know; Australia; we're ten years behind the times. We only just got fibre optic cable, and WiFi is absolutely atrocious. So maybe these clear LPs are just a hype. Take care, and dig the Hifi. Mofo.

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #10 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 11:27pm

[size=36][/size]Steel Wheels wrote on Jun 28th, 2015 at 4:06pm:
Colored/clear vinyl never sounds good. Black is where it's at.
Well many years ago, when I first began collecting, way, way before CD, I scored the British version of 'Between The Buttons' on a Dutch pressing on yellow vinyl. Pure coincidence.  It played brilliantly. As good as any other record. Records pressed here in Australia were absolute rubbish. My cousin came back from a Virgin Islands, Miami holiday in 1976 armed to the teeth with US Lps. Bloody hell! Compared with the crap we got, they were gold.
Here they used very, very thin vinyl, the pressing plant in Sydney had not been up dated since Robert Johnson was king of the blues. Kiss Alive! didn't even come with the gatefold book; that was pretty much par for the course. Even the first CDs pressed here were fucking rubbish. To this day I always go for the imports.
German, Dutch, and UK and US are always the business. Anyway, I have digressed. You are right, black is best, but sometimes coloured vinyl is just as good.

IP Logged

KMC
Rocks Off Regular

Bayonne, NJ
RS Album Lithographs Going On Sale
Reply #11 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 8:13pm
For serious collectors only.
Interesting short video on site.

(One more thing I have to hit the lottery for.)

http://timelife.com/spotlight-gallery

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Re: RS Album Lithographs Going On Sale
Reply #12 - Jun 13th, 2015 at 12:51pm
How exactly did they get Brian Jones to sign these?
I dont understand..."Signed in the plate by the original artists"

IP Logged

Maczee
Rocks Off Regular

Keep On Rollin'

Buenos Fuckin' Aires
Reply #13 - Jul 2nd, 2015 at 9:01am
gypsymofo60 wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 9:25pm:

Well you've certainly got the gear to produce a good sound no doubt. I've got Sherwood turntable, and Technics, Marantz, Sony, Sansui accessories. Great fuck off Technics speakers. I'm not really familiar with these clear vinyl jobs, ya know; Australia; we're ten years behind the times. We only just got fibre optic cable, and WiFi is absolutely atrocious. So maybe these clear LPs are just a hype. Take care, and dig the Hifi. Mofo.

You complain about Australia, but I live in Argentina . I won! Wink

maxi.testa  
IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #14 - Jul 2nd, 2015 at 9:01pm
Maczee wrote on Jul 2nd, 2015 at 9:01am:
gypsymofo60 wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 9:25pm:

You complain about Australia, but I live in Argentina . I won! Wink
Ah! Not quite. Maradonna, Batistuta, alaways reach the last stages of the world cup, and proud, proud people who will fight anyone,(the Falklands, Las Malvinas), Great Britain? So what? What have we got? A fucking rock, murderous dingoes, pig's arse a dingoe, and beer swilling, pig ignorant, parochial wankers who think they were the the greatest heroes during two world wars. I win.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
acetate question
Reply #15 - Jul 8th, 2015 at 8:07am
I have a question about vinyl. I found a guy who sells vinyl so I asked him to get me some RS. He got me some regular vinyls which I bought for $5.00 each, and he has LET IT BLEED for $24.00 because its an acetate. So my question is ~ what is an acetate and why is it more special than regular vinyl?? And, is it worth the extra $$?

IP Logged

Maczee
Rocks Off Regular

Keep On Rollin'

Buenos Fuckin' Aires
Reply #16 - Jul 8th, 2015 at 10:06am
Bitch wrote on Jul 8th, 2015 at 8:07am:
I have a question about vinyl. I found a guy who sells vinyl so I asked him to get me some RS. He got me some regular vinyls which I bought for $5.00 each, and he has LET IT BLEED for $24.00 because its an acetate. So my question is ~ what is an acetate and why is it more special than regular vinyl?? And, is it worth the extra $$?

Acetate is another kind of material, older (in many cases) and harder to find than vinyl. Is more a collector thing.

maxi.testa  
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #17 - Jul 8th, 2015 at 1:59pm
Maczee wrote on Jul 8th, 2015 at 10:06am:

Acetate is another kind of material, older (in many cases) and harder to find than vinyl. Is more a collector thing.

Thanks, but does it sound better?

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #18 - Jul 8th, 2015 at 10:48pm
Bitch wrote on Jul 8th, 2015 at 1:59pm:

An acetate is the first pressing of a vinyl record, that is why they are so rare. The material they are made from is like very old vinyl, the type used in the days of early live studio recordings, ie- Robert Johnson recording with that blues enthusiast John Hammond. So, it's like straight from old reel to reel to a type of shellac covered plastic. My advice; buy it! It's a collectors item, and well worth the money. And 5quid for old vinyl stuff? Well, if it's in good condition; buy 'em. I've been doing the same thing recently. By the way, didn't you used to live in New Jersey?

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #19 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:38am
Bitch wrote on Jul 8th, 2015 at 1:59pm:

As far as sound quality goes, it should actually sound cleaner, and clearer than the factory pressed records. It's straight from the original tapes, or should be if it's kosher. Remember in Sanchez's muck raking book; the Stones and friends are celebrating the opening of the Vesuvius Club in London, coinciding with Jagger's birthday,in 1968. Everybody's grooving to Beggars, when in walks McCartney with an ACETATE of Hey Jude. The guests were blown away. So yes! They play, and should play very well if they are in good condition. I think, I'm not positive though, that their one real downfall, is that they may wear quicker. Then my sources who had them way back when, from their own recordings may be wrong.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)