Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
From The Vault Hyde Park 1969 Blu Ray (Read 5,467 times)
Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
From The Vault Hyde Park 1969 Blu Ray
Jun 24th, 2015 at 2:26pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Just got the Marquee BluRay and inside is a coupon for $3 off the next release. Use code: STONESSAVES3. Besy Buy only, release 7/24/15.
I hope they release the El Macombo audio… was it filmed?
I wouldn't be surprised if they release AC 1989 PPV, as long as there's no legal hurdles with the guests.

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: From The Vault Hyde Park 1969 Blu Ray
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 1:35am
Pdog wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 2:26pm:
Just got the Marquee BluRay and inside is a coupon for $3 off the next release. Use code: STONESSAVES3. Besy Buy only, release 7/24/15.
I wouldn't be surprised if they release AC 1989 PPV, as long as there's no legal hurdles with the guests.

I think El Mocambo was filmed, but I bet they leave that for awhile. Keep people like us hanging out for it waiting. Anyway fingers crossed.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 9:39am
gypsymofo60 wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 1:35am:

I think El Mocambo was filmed, but I bet they leave that for awhile. Keep people like us hanging out for it waiting. Anyway fingers crossed.

What, I or We can only hope for, is they meaning Jagger… will want to celebrate GHS, IORR and B&B. Then we may see some sort of bonus type releases and the live stuff that was done during that era, like El Macombo and Knebworth.
God know there's a fair amount of unreleased stuff and the live stuff would more or less complete the seventies vaults.
alot of wishful thinking, and it depends on Jagger… He's got to do the work, and it does seem from what I've read it's grueling for him.

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 9:52am
We need El Macombo. Even if it's just audio. I hope it gets released. Video, if it exists, would be incredible

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:01am

I'm betting that if it came down to it, they'd release AC 1989 with the guest numbers edited out. 

I shouldn't give them ideas, though.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:14am
What's the big deal with El Macombo?

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #6 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:30am
Some Guy wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:14am:
What's the big deal with El Macombo?

Listen to Cracking Up.

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #7 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 11:12pm
Pdog wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 9:39am:

What, I or We can only hope for, is they meaning Jagger… will want to celebrate GHS, IORR and B&B. Then we may see some sort of bonus type releases and the live stuff that was done during that era, like El Macombo and Knebworth.
God know there's a fair amount of unreleased stuff and the live stuff would more or less complete the seventies vaults.
alot of wishful thinking, and it depends on Jagger… He's got to do the work, and it does seem from what I've read it's grueling for him.
15 years ago, I told a friend, another Stones fan that I did some recording with, that as the band wound done, or quit; we would get all this stuff. So I hope you're right, let's hope Jagger keeps it going. I really want GHS on DSD vinyl, I'm a vinyl junkie.

IP Logged

chevysales
Rocks Off Regular

new forum left old forum
info behind? a newbie?

East Coast
Reply #8 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:10pm
I jumped on it yesterday thru iTunes...38minutes total length which should have told me no bonus music Sad but I'm a sucker for all things Apple

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #9 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 6:35pm

I dont think it was. That club was tiny and in all the photos I've seen of those shows, I've yet to see anything that resembled a TV or movie camera.

Both shows were recorded for LYL as we know, but I recall reading some time ago that the tapes for the first night were pretty much unusable technically (that may account for so few of the songs being officially released).  I think all four songs released and the circulating bootlegs come from the second night - the intros certainly do (the giveaway being Mick saying 'there's the bottom pinchers from last night').
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2015 at 6:38pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

philgood
Rocks Off Regular

Cologne Area, Germany
Reply #10 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 3:40am
This thread's title reads "Hyde Park 1969"

Will we finally got the whole show now or is it just another
release of the movie we all know for some decades?
I already have it on VHS, DVD and the deluxe DVD Metalbox.
Always the same stuff.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #11 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 2:55pm
Was expecting the full show, they released the TV version, I'm assuming a BBC special, in the TV running order… not bad, just a heads up… investigate first.
I only paid $10, so I can't complain … used the coupon, plus had a best buy reward for five bucks...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #12 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 4:16pm
philgood wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 3:40am:
This thread's title reads "Hyde Park 1969"

Will we finally got the whole show now or is it just another
release of the movie we all know for some decades?
I already have it on VHS, DVD and the deluxe DVD Metalbox.
Always the same stuff.

japanese with bonus tracks

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B005C8F2VC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act...

why can't they have a complete running show after 46 years?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #13 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 7:18pm
I dunno, maybe because it was a documentary for TV as opposed to just a straightforward concert broadcast.

Up to whoever owns the rights for the Granada TV film to do what they wish with it, I'd imagine.

Another opportunity wasted. Three or four years ago they released it with about ten minutes of bonus footage. Now they reissue it on blu ray and dont include the bonus footage. Unless (as usual) you're in Japan.

That makes sense.  Spooky post
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2015 at 7:20pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #14 - Jul 26th, 2015 at 5:04pm
Just got this yesterday, bit disappointed. Looks the same as the boot VHS I had years ago, though the sound is clearly much better. And no CD (who has the audio master rights to this show?)

Did anyone else have a severe audio/visual glitch in the middle of "I'm Yours & I'm Hers" on the DVD version?

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #15 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 4:46pm
Just got it! Fixin' to stick it in!

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #16 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 5:21pm
Mr. Yeats wrote on Jul 26th, 2015 at 5:04pm:
Just got this yesterday, bit disappointed. Looks the same as the boot VHS I had years ago, though the sound is clearly much better. And no CD (who has the audio master rights to this show?)

Did anyone else have a severe audio/visual glitch in the middle of "I'm Yours & I'm Hers" on the DVD version?

no glitch, unless I missed seeing it… I wasn't glued to watching it…

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #17 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 8:46am
I like it. After I grabbed it, I cleaned up the Stones dvd section in order to move more product. Make it more eye catching!

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #18 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 3:02pm
Some Guy wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 8:46am:
I like it. After I grabbed it, I cleaned up the Stones dvd section in order to move more product. Make it more eye catching!

micks gonna send you a thank you card

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #19 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:30am
Pdog wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 9:39am:

Yeah, well we know Le Abbatoirs 1976 exists, as I've said the boot is like the Knebworth boot, double disc but, very poor quality video. I'm positive at least one version of their 1976 stint at Earl's Court, London was filmed from the same European tour, and as we've discussed EL Mocambo. Now I have the El Mocambo audio in full and it is very good, I am sure they filmed it as it may very well have been the end of the Stones what with Keith's bust n' all.   But I concur, it has been so requested by fans that the band know they are sitting on a potential gold mine with it. Trouble is, if they leave it toolong the interest will fade. I would love to see the entire Mad. SQ. GDS. film that the Mayles shot. I know it's out there,because of all the Gimme Shelter outtakes. Also there's a boot here down under that showed a lot of that stuff before the2009 re release of the GYYYs out. When you consider what's been released since 2009, or even going back to the Rock n' Roll Circus, we're getting a little spoilt perhaps and expect something every 6 months or so. I Hampton (vaults), LA Forum (vaults), Sticky Fingers redux, and Marquee all within 6, or 7 months, that's quite a lot_ really!

Anyway, I'm sure we will one day see the Mocambo disc and we will be in for one hell of a treat. What a gig! And for once, great dialogue with the audience. That'll be great to see.

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #20 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 4:54pm
Gazza wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 6:35pm:

I dont think it was. That club was tiny and in all the photos I've seen of those shows, I've yet to see anything that resembled a TV or movie camera.

Both shows were recorded for LYL as we know, but I recall reading some time ago that the tapes for the first night were pretty much unusable technically (that may account for so few of the songs being officially released).  I think all four songs released and the circulating bootlegs come from the second night - the intros certainly do (the giveaway being Mick saying 'there's the bottom pinchers from last night').
Yeah! Checked it out exhaustively last night Gaz. You're right I think, I don't think it was actually filmed. I mean we would have seen at least 30 seconds of it on some documentary surely. I think it's all just photographs, shame really; woulda been wicked. So as usual you are right.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)