Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Orlando Citrus Bowl, Orlando, FL 6/12/2015 photos, setlist, news, rumors, etc. (Read 12,899 times)
Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Orlando Citrus Bowl, Orlando, FL 6/12/2015 photos, setlist, news, rumors, etc.
Jun 11th, 2015 at 11:45pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Orlando Weather Forecast:
High 93 daytime   74 during the night  Clear/Typical FL Scattered Showers in the afternoon

StubHub report:  743 tickets available, $115.00 - $2650.00

Orlando Song Vote:

• She's So Cold
  • Out Of Control
  • Live With Me
  • Let's Spend The Night Together

Holden requests a vote for LSTNT

SUN &  FUN FOR EVERYONE!!

« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2015 at 6:08am by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Re: Florida Citrus Bowl, Orlando, FL 6/12/2015 photos, setlist, news, rumors, etc.
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 4:43am
LOVE the Gator poster. Here's another:

IP Logged

steel driving hammer
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Champaign, IL.
Re: Orlando Citrus Bowl, Orlando, FL 6/12/2015 photos, setlist, news, rumors, etc.
Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 7:42am
What about Silver Train, it's easy to play and Mick could play the harp again...

IP Logged

Maxmeister
Rocks Off Regular

Locked, cocked and ready
to rock!

Re: Orlando Citrus Bowl, Orlando, FL 6/12/2015 photos, setlist, news, rumors, etc.
Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:35am
She' So Cold pour moi.
I'm near the catwalk tonight and especially looking forward to Lisa doing her thing. She danced her way down there and spent some time with Mick during Gimme in Arlington. Very cool.

Rick

Ready to rock Orlando.

Always know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #4 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:40am
Looks scorching hot already!
Happy to follow this one online and periscope (hopefully).
Too hot for my Northern blood.

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #5 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 10:32am
Just posted at our message board in Spanish by my partner Marcelo, this was yesterday with Bernard Fowler

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #6 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 1:31pm
Wonder Which Seat is Mick's?; Gators Fly on Rolling Stones' Jet to Omaha
Updated: 3:31pm, June 11

Mick Jagger stands in front of the Rolling Stones' jet they are using on their current 15-city tour of North America. (Photo: Mick Jagger's Facebook page)

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Sometimes life throws a curveball your way that makes you shake your head and chuckle. Those are curveballs you don’t mind.

If someone had told me three months ago Florida’s baseball team was going to make it to the College World Series and travel to Omaha in the Rolling Stones’ private jet, I would have circled the date on the calendar and marked off the days like an 8-year-old waiting on Santa Claus.

No way would I miss that trip.

As an enthusiastic (but not psychotic) Stones fan, I have spent more disposable income on their music – and don’t let me forget that cool skull cap -- than probably recommended over the years. I once paid a silly sum for a rare imported CD at Bleecker Street Records in New York.

Sales clerk: “You really like the Stones, huh?”

Me: “Yeah, too much today.”

So, you can imagine my surprise Wednesday night, while picking up my wife at the Gainesville Regional Airport, at the sight of a Boeing 737-400 with the Stones’ iconic tongue logo on the runway with the doors open.

Before I could even text my wife to ask her to take an up-close photo with her iPhone, she texted me one as her plane passed the Stones’ jet on the runway.

She knows.

In fact, she will be with me at the Stones’ show Friday night at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Mick Jagger and Co.’s sixth stop on their 15-city “Zip Code Tour.”

But back to that airplane. And no folks, we’re not talking about the famous “Starship” jet the Stones chartered for their tour 40 years ago across America.

That was then:

For the Stones, there was an added bonus: when the group leased the plane for their 1975 tour, it solved the longstanding problem of Keith Richards’s tardiness. The often comatose guitarist could now be propped up, wheeled onto the tarmac and tossed aboard the plane, where Suzee would be waiting with his favored drink, a Tequila Sunrise.” – Steve Kurutz, New York Times.

Those days have passed these 70-year-old Stones by. This is now: Rolling Stones’ private jet gets upgrade at PTI

If you’re wondering how the Gators ended up leaving for Omaha on Thursday as passengers on the Stones’ plane, more coincidence and the machinations of the charter jet business than anything else.

The Stones played at Bobby Dodd Stadium in Atlanta on Tuesday night, and flew to Orlando early Wednesday for their show Friday night at the Citrus Bowl. They don’t play again until next Wednesday in Nashville, so with a weekend off in Florida, the plane was bid out for other charter flights.

The Gators board their charter jet on the way to Omaha Thursday. (Note: Photo by Tim Casey may have been altered)

The NCAA, in conjunction with an independent charter travel company, arranges flights for the eight schools and their traveling parties to get to Omaha. As it turns out, the Stones’ plane matched Florida’s criteria, was close by and most importantly, available.

And while, yes, it would have been cool to join the Gators today on the flight to Omaha, I will settle for seeing Mick and Keith and the boys Friday night in person. After the show, I have a 5:15 a.m. flight from Orlando to Omaha for Florida’s game against Miami on Saturday night.

In coach. Oh well.

It’s Only Rock And Roll (But I Like It).

http://www.gatorzone.com/carter/blog/2022

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #7 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 6:30pm
Made it. Anyone know about rain?

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #8 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 7:34pm
So periscope linkage yet?

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #9 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 7:47pm
Riffhard wrote on Jun 12th, 2015 at 7:34pm:
So periscope linkage yet?

Riffy

please

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #10 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 8:08pm
From Stones FB page:
"Thanks to The Temperance Movement for opening the show tonight"

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #11 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 8:15pm
Sound check:

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #12 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 8:19pm
Looks like a full house to me:

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #13 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 8:23pm
Played at soundcheck:

ADTL
SSC
Moonlight Mile

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #14 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 8:35pm

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #15 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 8:50pm
Thanks LJ! Sounds great! Only wish the guy was holding his phone horizontally. I'm having to turn my head to see it. Sounds f'ing great though!

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #16 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 8:56pm
Thus far:

JJF
IORR
ADTL
TD
D&G
Bitch
Moonlight Mile
She's So Cold (vote winner as I predicted
HTW
Fill
In
The
Rest
Later
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:25pm by LadyJane »  

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #17 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:00pm

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #18 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:12pm
LadyJane wrote on Jun 12th, 2015 at 8:56pm:
Thus far:

JJF
IORR
ADTL
TD
D&G
Bitch
Moonlight Mile

Thanks LJ. Fan vote next? Assume it will be SSC since they soundchecked it.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #19 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:17pm
Co' co' co' co', like a to' sto'

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #20 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:21pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:12pm:
LadyJane wrote on Jun 12th, 2015 at 8:56pm:
Thus far:

JJF
IORR
ADTL
TD
D&G
Bitch
Moonlight Mile

Thanks LJ. Fan vote next? Assume it will be SSC since they soundchecked it.

Yep.
8. SSC (song vote)
Bring on the warhorses.  War horses couldn't drag me away

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #21 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:25pm
Atlanta fared far better than Orlando. Though from what I heard on periscope it's been a great show.

Riffy

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #22 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:29pm
Riffhard wrote on Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:25pm:
Atlanta fared far better than Orlando. Though from what I heard on periscope it's been a great show.

Riffy

Agree  Atlanta Periscope "directors" were much better

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #23 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:32pm
Riffhard wrote on Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:25pm:

Riffy

They are playing very well. I can vouch for that based on what I heard in San Diego.

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #24 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:58pm
A blistering Gimme Shelter.
Keith is on fire tonight.
I Love periscope.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)