Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Bobby Dodd Stadium Ga Tech, Atlanta thread (Read 26,016 times)
andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Re: Bobby Dodd Stadium Ga Tech, Atlanta thread
Reply #100 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 8:27am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Looking at the videos, I think the band was on but the singer was off throughout.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #101 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 9:34am
Here is my version (short as it is) of You Gotta Move

https://youtu.be/MQwy9umRU18

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #102 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 9:49am
andrews27 wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 8:27am:
Looking at the videos, I think the band was on but the singer was off throughout.

From my view in the first 20 rows the band was tight....very tight and on fire. Really noticed how Mick seldom said "come on"...which he used to say 2-3 times every song in the past 3-4 tours.....Mick was large and in charge.

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #103 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 10:12am
gimmekeef wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 9:49am:

From my view in the first 20 rows the band was tight....very tight and on fire. Really noticed how Mick seldom said "come on"...which he used to say 2-3 times every song in the past 3-4 tours.....Mick was large and in charge.

See "Some Girls."*  He's off and lost there, and in other songs (e.g. CYHMK) his walk is unusually out of sync with the music and his gestures half-hearted.  (Compare the Columbus show videos.)  Singing on  "Sympathy" is off.  He's having a bad night, while the band is in roaring style.

I know how you feel.  I was at Rich Stadium 8-8-75, and that show gets no respect though it was fabulous and memorable if you were there, and sounds good on the bootleg. 

But Mick doesn't look or sound well or centered at Atlanta.  I'm more worried than critical.

*Note that in the "Some Girls" lyrics, nobody seems to want to get effed all night at Atlanta.
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2015 at 10:26am by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #104 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 10:33am
andrews27 wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 10:12am:

See "Some Girls."*  He's off and lost there, and in other songs (e.g. CYHMK) his walk is unusually out of sync with the music and his gestures half-hearted.  (Compare the Columbus show videos.)  Singing on  "Sympathy" is off.  He's having a bad night, while the band is in roaring style.

I know how you feel.  I was at Rich Stadium 8-8-75, and that show gets no respect though it was fabulous and memorable if you were there, and sounds good on the bootleg. 

But Mick doesn't look or sound well or centered at Atlanta.  I'm more worried than critical.

*Note that in the "Some Girls" lyrics, nobody seems to want to get effed all night at Atlanta.

well I respect your opinion and maybe others feel same as you do.....Mick was hardly going to sing about black girls wanting.xxxxx in Atlanta or anywhere else for that matter.

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rhode Island
Reply #105 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 11:16am
Having been there, I can assure you it was the opposite!

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #106 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 1:12pm
His singing on Sympathy was the best I've heard in several tours

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #107 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 2:17pm

IP Logged

FPM
Rocks Off Regular

Right here in the USA
Reply #108 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 3:28pm
I was just gonna post that...it's fooking PERFECT!  Best Stones yet!

If they play that in Pittsburgh I will go straight to Heaven like Elijah.   

"Young Joey, get this dry-cleaned for me!"
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2015 at 3:30pm by FPM »  

...&&&&
IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Buffalo,NY
Reply #109 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 5:56pm
FROM WATCHING "YOU GOTTA MOVE" on U tube , I will have to disagree with Andrew
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2015 at 5:56pm by lavendar »  

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #110 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 7:54pm
gimmekeef wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 10:33am:

well I respect your opinion and maybe others feel same as you do.....Mick was hardly going to sing about black girls wanting.xxxxx in Atlanta or anywhere else for that matter.

But whipping women just around midnight is a-ok right? I wish he'd sang it, he didn't sing it for SAL either. It's my favorite part of the song. Just like the Kennedy lyric is my favorite on sympathy.

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #111 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 9:26pm

"   ...................  Young Joey, get this dry-cleaned for me!"   

« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2015 at 8:14am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #112 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 9:54pm
They did us proud in Atlanta... and loud!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #113 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 9:58pm
People have to stop dissecting every second of every song. You're lucky they change at least 3-4 songs a night. Let them take a chance every once in a while. You want note perfect, go see Fleetwood Mac and their 30 piece band.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #114 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 10:09pm

It was sung as "White girls..." in 1999.  It's an important part of the song missed.  Something was up.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #115 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 10:17pm
Did Jagger at least roll his eyes when he missed the black-girls-wanna bit?

Anyone remember this?
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/78/78tupdate.phtml
Garrett Morris: [dignified, dripping with snooty condescension] Now, I'd like to speak about the subject of a certain Mick Jagger - of the Rolling Stones. ... And I'm going to talk about the song he sang -- a song in which he sings these very words: "Black girls - just want to have sex - all night long." ...

Now, Mr. Jagger, there is only one question I want to ask you -- Jaggs. ... And you better have the answer, man, you better have the answer, since you have besmirched the character of black women. Therefore, here is my question, Jaggs. [pause, takes off eyeglasses, suddenly drops the pose, pleading] Where are all of these black broads, man? ... [huge cheers and applause] Hey, like, where ARE they, baby? You got any phone numbers for me, baby? ... Please send 'em to me. [puts glasses back on, dignified again] Thank you. ... [enthusiastic applause]

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Jumping Jack
Rocks Off Regular

Atlanta
Reply #116 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 5:23am
The clarity of the sound system was simply outstanding as was the video/show.  Sure, the 70s shows were great including the 75 Aud and Rich Stadium shows, but let's get real, the sound was not always great.  The youtube critics would be bitching about Mick's vocals being off in 75 as well although many consider it to be one of the greatest tours.

The biggest difference over recent years is that Keef and Ronnie look sober and are playing their asses off.  Makes me wonder what the last 30 years could have been.

They are exceeding expectations and leaving all but the most depressed in awe.  Take out another mortgage on the house and get to as many shows as possible.

Y'all enjoy!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #117 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 7:52am
If you don't know, now you know.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #118 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:06am
Holden wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 7:54pm:

But whipping women just around midnight is a-ok right? I wish he'd sang it, he didn't sing it for SAL either. It's my favorite part of the song. Just like the Kennedy lyric is my favorite on sympathy.

He didn't sing that either..and hasn't for many tours now. They compromise just like they did on Sullivan show in the 60's.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #119 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:09am
lavendar wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 5:56pm:
FROM WATCHING "YOU GOTTA MOVE" on U tube , I will have to disagree with Andrew +Gimmekeef

Well I said the band was tight and Mick on point....Andrew took the opposite view...so what is your view then?..in the middle? not trying to start a pissing match just trying to figure out what you meant,

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #120 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:10am
Jumping Jack wrote on Jun 12th, 2015 at 5:23am:
The clarity of the sound system was simply outstanding as was the video/show.  Sure, the 70s shows were great including the 75 Aud and Rich Stadium shows, but let's get real, the sound was not always great.  The youtube critics would be bitching about Mick's vocals being off in 75 as well although many consider it to be one of the greatest tours.

The biggest difference over recent years is that Keef and Ronnie look sober and are playing their asses off.  Makes me wonder what the last 30 years could have been.

They are exceeding expectations and leaving all but the most depressed in awe.  Take out another mortgage on the house and get to as many shows as possible.

Y'all enjoy!

What my good friend JJ said.............

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #121 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:19am
gimmekeef wrote on Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:06am:

He didn't sing that either..and hasn't for many tours now. They compromise just like they did on Sullivan show in the 60's.

This could be the new political thread.  What the fuck?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #122 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 10:55am
Edith Grove wrote on Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:19am:

Wait, what? Stones are killing it on this tour from everyone that I have spoken to that has attended. I am looking forward to Pittsburgh so I can check it myself. Oh, and Obama sucks. But everyone agrees with that. LOL!

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #123 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 6:06pm
Riffhard wrote on Jun 12th, 2015 at 10:55am:
Edith Grove wrote on Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:19am:

Wait, what? Stones are killing it on this tour from everyone that I have spoken to that has attended. I am looking forward to Pittsburgh so I can check it myself. Oh, and Obama sucks. But everyone agrees with that. LOL!

Riffy

I'll bet you a million dollars Hillary Clinton will be sitting in the White House after the next election.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

FPM
Rocks Off Regular

Right here in the USA
Reply #124 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 6:42pm

...&&&&
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)