Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kenney Jones recruits Bill Wyman, Procol Harum For Charity Show (Read 1,189 times)
moy
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mars
Kenney Jones recruits Bill Wyman, Procol Harum For Charity Show
May 18th, 2015 at 10:27am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Drummer continues campaign after his own health battle - with help from Bill Wyman, Procol Harum, Steve Harley and more

News
Martin Kielty - 17 May 2015

The Faces drummer Kenney Jones will lead an all-star charity show in aid of the battle against prostate cancer next month.

The second annual Rock’n’Horsepower event takes place at Hurtwood Park Polo Club, Surrey, and follows the inaugural concert last year, which saw Jones reunite with The Who for the first time since 1988.

The 2015 edition also features Bill Wyman, Procol Harum, Steve Harley, Andy Fairweather Low, Nik Kershaw and Mick Hucknall, with further guests to be revealed.

Cancer survivor Jones – who's hoping for a Faces reunion this year –  says: “Rock'n'Horsepower is all the more poignant for me this year, as it follows the death of my dear friend Alvin from prostate cancer last year.

“As a man who's had prostate cancer himself, I know the huge impact the disease can have – not just on guys, but on their families as well.”

Prostate Cancer UK boss Mark Bishop says: “It’s not just about the music. By buying a ticket and getting your mates along, you’ll be helping to beat cancer.

“One in eight guys in the UK will face a diagnosis like Kenney did, and it kills one man every hour.

“Kenney has been terrific – not only raising funds, but in raising awareness and encouraging guys to wise up to their own risk.”

The charity recently launched a new movement called Men United, which aims to fight health issues and strengthen friendships. Tickets for Rock'n'Horsepower are on sale now.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Kenney Jones recruits Bill Wyman, Procol Harum For Charity Show
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2015 at 10:45am
" The second annual Rock’n’Horsepower event takes place at Hurtwood Park Polo Club, Surrey, and follows the inaugural concert last year, which saw Jones reunite with The Who for the first time since 1988.    "

<   ----------    Whenever Kenny Jones played drums for The Who the band had no choice but to play small gigs in concert halls or ballrooms where the echo fixed the beat  .  Kenny was a terrible drummer for The Who .  Every song sounded the same   --- a rumbling and thumping about the refrain that reverberated like a school bus roaring down the hill at 90 miles per hour with a flat tire in the front and a flat tire in the back  --- leaving the audience with puzzled looks on their faces and empty wallets as they raced to the bar after every single gig in order to forget what they had just witnessed .......  but I digress .

And as far as charting new territory with Kenny behind the kit    --- forget it !!!!!!  ( See : the bulk of " IT'S HARD "   ) .   Roger despised Kenny as a drummer but there was " Nobody Else "   .... and he was right  . Thankfully Simon Phillips came to the band's rescue in 1989 and then the living legend Zak Starkey  ( 1996 - PRESENT )   .

JACKY ! ™

« Last Edit: May 19th, 2015 at 10:05am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #2 - May 18th, 2015 at 11:06am
Jones looks terrific considering his status. Looks better than the other two Who survivors, IMO.
get better My Jones.

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #3 - May 18th, 2015 at 1:05pm
Best of things to come, I hope, will happen to these gentlemen.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #4 - May 18th, 2015 at 1:35pm
It'd be nice if they told us what date the show was, no?

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #5 - May 18th, 2015 at 7:16pm
More bad reporting. A concert is an event, and events have dates.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)