Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for 4 fix to the Pittsburg show, anyone? (Read 3,957 times)
Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Looking for 4 fix to the Pittsburg show, anyone?
May 5th, 2015 at 5:26pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
So many years ago I made promise to myself that I would take my children to a Stones' show one day. At the time I was only 18 years old and had no kids, but walking back to my car from the Fox Theater in Atlanta, Ga. on Oct. 26th, 1981 I knew that if I ever had kids, and the band was still together, that I would do my part in keeping the legacy of the world's greatest rock and roll band in history alive. So here I am 35 years later and I have to keep my promise. I have two teenage daughters that are now holding me to it!  So anyone got a line on 4 tickets to the Pittsburg show? Hit me up!

Riffy

PS-See, I told you, Obama sucks. LOL!

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Stubhub has 4,669 tickets
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2015 at 7:34pm
ON STUBHUB right now
Zip Code Tour - The Rolling Stones Tickets      
Heinz Field
Pittsburgh, PA
8:00 p.m. EDT
Sell      See tickets
Priced from: $92.33 USD
4,669 tickets left
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2015 at 7:35pm by Bitch »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: Looking for 4 fix to the Pittsburg show, anyone?
Reply #2 - May 5th, 2015 at 7:40pm
Amazing that probably one in five or six ticket buyers spent hundreds, maybe thousands, of dollars buying tickets for a concert only to almost immediately realise that they have something else on that night that they cant get out of, even though its almost two months away.

You'd think people would be able to plan ahead a bit better than that in this day and age.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #3 - May 6th, 2015 at 5:15am
I don't understand the post. Tickets are available directly from Ticketmaster.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/the-rolling-stones-zip-code-pittsburgh-pennsylvania-...

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #4 - May 6th, 2015 at 6:59am
Steel Wheels wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 5:15am:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/the-rolling-stones-zip-code-pittsburgh-pennsylvania-...

He hates Obama!

He's looking for a bargain…

He knows the deal… Go to gig, get cheap tix…

If he wears an Obma/Biden 2008 shirt, he gets free tix that someone else paid for, but he won't admit to doing it…

smoking more weed is good for your health

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #5 - May 6th, 2015 at 7:34am
Gazza wrote on May 5th, 2015 at 7:40pm:
Amazing that probably one in five or six ticket buyers spent hundreds, maybe thousands, of dollars buying tickets for a concert only to almost immediately realise that they have something else on that night that they cant get out of, even though its almost two months away.

You'd think people would be able to plan ahead a bit better than that in this day and age.

To be fair there are many such as myself whose business can change and client demands etc can alter your schedule in a few days. Add in kids and all the things they have on the go and planning ahead is more difficult that it seems. One of my buddies works shifts and he has fingers crossed he doesn't draw nights during the tour.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #6 - May 6th, 2015 at 8:04am
shit, I should be asking you for tickets.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #7 - May 6th, 2015 at 10:24am
Pdog wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 6:59am:
Steel Wheels wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 5:15am:

He's looking for a bargain…

He knows the deal… Go to gig, get cheap tix…

But why believe there is even a slight chance that anyone on this relatively small board is going to even have 4 extra tickets available for Pittsburgh, much less be willing to discount (cash adjust - $$$) him for the fair market value?  It's 6 weeks away, assuming anyone exists with 4 tickets to sell, he can't leverage any urgency by the ticket holder to get rid of them just yet.  Am I missing something?   

Like, if you look at his proposal/tender in a Keynesian model (below) and replaced "Gross Domestic Product" with "Time" on the X-axis (abscissa), he's stuck at P1 from Qu (today) to Qf (approx. June 20 show date), no matter which demand curve hypothesis (AD1, AD2, AD3, etc.) he believes may exists as a rational market actor (pareto superior).

There is something really fishy about all this, it lacks any kind of real world or theoretical Keynesian support.  Like some kind of mendacious background type sitch, that can't be explained without resort to fucking goddam voodoo economics!

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #8 - May 6th, 2015 at 10:37am
I too have known the agony and guilt of promising an offspring they will one day see the Stones. In fact promising 2 offspring the same...and that they will play "I Think I'm Going Mad" for us...

I was able to accomplish all of this in Austin and even had a nice DVD made of it so that kind of worked out.

Now in Dallas I really need them to play "I Think I'm Going Mad" to come full circle...and take my rightful place as the Father Of All Time

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #9 - May 6th, 2015 at 11:40am
"  .......    Like, if you look at his proposal/tender in a Keynesian model (below) and replaced "Gross Domestic Product" with "Time" on the X-axis (abscissa), he's stuck at P1 from Qu (today) to Qf (approx. June 20 show date), no matter which demand curve hypothesis (AD1, AD2, AD3, etc.) he believes may exists as a rational market actor (pareto superior).   "

You are being very esoteric this morning ...   Why ?!   ... WHY   ... ?!  . !!!!!!

« Last Edit: May 6th, 2015 at 11:41am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #10 - May 6th, 2015 at 1:36pm
Joey wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 11:40am:
"  .......    Like, if you look at his proposal/tender in a Keynesian model (below) and replaced "Gross Domestic Product" with "Time" on the X-axis (abscissa), he's stuck at P1 from Qu (today) to Qf (approx. June 20 show date), no matter which demand curve hypothesis (AD1, AD2, AD3, etc.) he believes may exists as a rational market actor (pareto superior).   "

You are being very esoteric this morning ...   Why ?!   ... WHY   ... ?!  . !!!!!!

I'm having work done on the house, and my contractors drink (they are my brothers-in-law).  So I started drinking pretty early with them, like around 10:00 A.M. EST.  I've been barking orders, surfing the 'nets and throwing beer cans around the front lawn since then.  Like my own little grid-wired alcoholic fiefdom.  I have no other needs in life.  I just hope the neighbors don't get Five-O involved.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #11 - May 6th, 2015 at 1:40pm
gimmekeef wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 7:34am:
Gazza wrote on May 5th, 2015 at 7:40pm:

To be fair there are many such as myself whose business can change and client demands etc can alter your schedule in a few days. Add in kids and all the things they have on the go and planning ahead is more difficult that it seems. One of my buddies works shifts and he has fingers crossed he doesn't draw nights during the tour.

Um..yeah, but 10,000 people per gig spending an average of about $300-400 a ticket on a Saturday night concert that theres a good chance they may not go to  ?

Its obviously such an traumatic ordeal for them that they need to be compensated for double what they paid for the ticket to begin with.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #12 - May 6th, 2015 at 9:50pm
Riffhard wrote on May 5th, 2015 at 5:26pm:
So many years ago I made promise to myself that I would take my children to a Stones' show one day. At the time I was only 18 years old and had no kids, but walking back to my car from the Fox Theater in Atlanta, Ga. on Oct. 26th, 1981 I knew that if I ever had kids, and the band was still together, that I would do my part in keeping the legacy of the world's greatest rock and roll band in history alive. So here I am 35 years later and I have to keep my promise. I have two teenage daughters that are now holding me to it!  So anyone got a line on 4 tickets to the Pittsburg show? Hit me up!

Riffy

PS-See, I told you, Obama sucks. LOL!

Ask Ted Cruz. He'll hook you up.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #13 - May 7th, 2015 at 5:30am
Communism?

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #14 - May 7th, 2015 at 11:40am
Got 'em! Thanks for the great input! Hillary 2016! LOL! What's the worst she could do?

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #15 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:00pm
Riffhard wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 11:40am:
Got 'em! Thanks for the great input! Hillary 2016! LOL! What's the worst she could do?

Riffy

I know its self promoting, did you see my stand up thread?
I wrote a Clinton joke, and it's pretty awesome and Republicans would love it… check it out!!!

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #16 - May 7th, 2015 at 9:11pm
Some unnamed benefactor from RO checked you 4 discounted Stones tickets to Pittsburgh?!?!?  I underestimated the scope and resources of the RO readership.  Don't I have egg on my goddam socks.  Shades of Nebuchardnezzar.  Shades of Bunning at Nit's Hill.  Shades of Crimea.  Shades of Bathsheba.

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #17 - May 8th, 2015 at 4:12am

Riffy

Riffy! How do yo plan on celebrating when Hilldawg moves back in? We just gots to know!
WOW... Nice tits! Brian's smile stu-smiling

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #18 - May 8th, 2015 at 11:35am
“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."  See Matthew 6:5-7.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #19 - May 9th, 2015 at 11:02pm
leonid wrote on May 8th, 2015 at 4:12am:

Riffy

Riffy! How do yo plan on celebrating when Hilldawg moves back in? We just gots to know!
WOW... Nice tits! Brian's smile stu-smiling

He's going to go close a bridge and jump off it. Then shout I love you Chris Christie.  War horses couldn't drag me away Shut the fuck up now Kiss my undercover ass

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #20 - May 9th, 2015 at 11:09pm
We need more Riffhard.  Are you fucking serious?
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2015 at 11:10pm by Edith Grove »  

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #21 - May 10th, 2015 at 2:37am
Edith Grove wrote on May 9th, 2015 at 11:09pm:

I agree completely. Lord knows this tour is gonna suck so I at least want something entertaining to read on here.
LOL LOL

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #22 - May 10th, 2015 at 11:24am
Edith Grove wrote on May 9th, 2015 at 11:09pm:

So it was you that scored him four (4) chisel-worth tickets to Pittsburgh Stones?  Patron of the arts.  My, my, my.  See Matthew 6:1 ("Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.").

Here it is.  Pittsburgh - City of Champions.

IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Buffalo,NY
Reply #23 - May 10th, 2015 at 12:36pm
Riff Riff RiffHARdD  did ya SCORE Tickets???  I gotta 1 I'll sell it 2 ya for 420$  not ( Now about a Fix private message)
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2015 at 12:38pm by lavendar »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)