Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
As I listen to my new old vinyls.... (aka the "where the fuck have the stereo masters gone?") (Read 361 times)
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Belo Horizonte
As I listen to my new old vinyls.... (aka the "where the fuck have the stereo masters gone?")
Feb 21st, 2015 at 1:00am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
So (hey hello fellas, nice to see y'all again, it's that guy born in Jan 17th '80 who was a junkie & etc. and then meds for his cuckoo problems - the world goes 'round, meds no more, do chain smoking & coffee count for "excessive drug intake"? Thought so. Great seeing the board is alive & well and that Joey will always be.) I'm always reading around the net what amounts to variations on the same articles re: 'Stones in the 60's released in mono yet the stuff on Chess and RCA was recorded all stereo, proof of what you can find on this record, this reissue, this one this that, the reissue where they were mostly sucessful (Klein-wise) in gathering stereo, and always end up going WTF?

Rewinding back to 1998 - I see this Polygram collection of Brazilian reissues (the easier to find since, well, that's where I am, but that was THEN) mostly dating to the early eighties of the UK catalog. Let's already get outta the way that I still feel stupid for selling it as I was probably on a "I'm going into somethin' else" phase to buy some other record, but even a SHIRT of the album cover I did - it was (and still is) my fave early Stones album - No. 2.

Fast forward to NOW, where I have vinyls here, boxes there, bootlegs aplenty, but ONE thing, even though I was able to catch the mysterious Japanese London Polydor CD release (which indeedly, has some stereo tracks) of No. 2, I can't for the life of me understand why nobody mentions THE REST OF THE WHOLE RECORD. Got the Decca LK, fine got the HDTracks, fine, but my mind wasn't so clouded with codeine back then not to clearly remember on "Everybody Needs..." the guitars on one speaker, the bass, piano and percussion on another and MJ's voice (and backing vocals) in the middle (yeah, the 5 minute version) as well as "Down The Road A Piece" and I could hear those which were just duophonic slop.

The question is: where the hell are those tracks? Why every quote-unquote specialized site on variations of Stones records mention the goddamned Japanese CD but it seems like nobody ever heard of these (especially considering they DO bitch that the tracks were recorded on 4-track and yet...)?

It drives me up the wall. Makes me wanna send a death threat to the guy who mentions yet again that yes, there was indeedly a true mono Decca Satanic and telling the numbers you should look for in the run-out groove or that miserable Unstoppable Stones New Zealand-only release.

Hence, the title of the thread. Did Jody Klein bury them with Allen's corpse? Uses them as a private dildo?

Help me out here, folks, and thanks in advance. And yeah, my copy had the "mug the blind beggar" redacted and a big ole SKL on the top right before the catalogue number. It was a London release, the actual (Brazilian) catalogue number was something I can hardly remember now, and the label was a red and blue rimmed with grey center and the London mid-80's blue/red boxed logo on the top. I could make a joke and say "in return I'll promise you..." but hey, I'm already thankful I can afford a cable internet connection that steals 70% of the badwidth they make me pay thru the nose for, so, no promises here - maybe an external HDD filled with bootlegs and vinyl rips but that's as good as it gets.

Thanks again, guys.

683261035 rochaf319 twentythreeskidoo  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)