Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: where's moonie?

« Last Modified by: mojoman on: Feb 14th, 2015 at 12:27pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
wheres moonie? (Read 14,640 times)
Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: wheres moonie?
Reply #25 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 2:45pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #26 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 3:07pm
" So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key . "

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #27 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 4:47pm
Man, I wish moonie was here.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #28 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 2:45pm
What now?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #29 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 3:46pm

"  ........... What now?    "

|
|
V

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #30 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 5:14pm
Whatever became of Blowey?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #31 - Mar 3rd, 2015 at 5:18am
MOONIE !

Eagles Forced Off Stage by 86 MPH Winds

by Dave Lifton March 1, 2015 8:04 PM

The Eagles got a bit of a scare on Saturday night (Feb. 28). They had to briefly abandon their set in Australia due to a vicious storm that passed through Hanging Rock, an outdoor concert venue in Victoria.

According to the Bendigo Advertiser, three songs into the show, during “Tequila Sunrise,” a thunderstorm with winds gusting up to 86 MPH swept through the area, causing the stage to shake. As you can barely see in the above video, a screen to the left of the stage came loose and was swinging over the crowd.

The article quotes one of their Facebook page’s commenters as saying that Glenn Frey screamed, “Get out” and Don Henley said that the group would complete the set once the danger had passed. After a delay of 45 minutes, which Vintage Vinyl News reports involved the lowering of the other screens as a precaution and a re-positioning of their sound equipment, the Eagles returned to the stage. They did not take a break for intermission, as has been their custom.

Back in November, the Rolling Stones were forced to cancel a concert at the same venue due to a throat infection suffered by Mick Jagger. That show was originally scheduled to take place in March, but the death of Jagger’s girlfriend, L’Wren Scott, caused the band to postpone the rest of their tour.

The Eagles will remain down under for another two weeks. Their tour of Australia and New Zealand, which began in mid-February, will end on March 15 at Mt. Smart Stadium in Auckland.

Read More: Eagles Forced Off Stage by 86 MPH Winds | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-forced-off-stage-windstorm/?utm_source=sai...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #32 - Mar 3rd, 2015 at 12:14pm

"  ..............    three songs into the show, during “Tequila Sunrise,” a thunderstorm with winds gusting up to 86 MPH swept through the area, causing the stage to shake. As you can barely see in the above video, a screen to the left of the stage came loose and was swinging over the crowd.

The article quotes one of their Facebook page’s commenters as saying that Glenn Frey screamed, “Get out” and Don Henley said that the group would complete the set once the danger had passed. After a delay of 45 minutes, which Vintage Vinyl News reports involved the lowering of the other screens as a precaution and a re-positioning of their sound equipment, the Eagles returned to the stage. They did not take a break for intermission, as has been their custom.   "

OMFG !!!!!!   ...... The Eagles could have been killed

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #33 - Mar 3rd, 2015 at 12:17pm
We should be getting a moonie manifesto any day now.

IP Logged

SheRat
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Chicago, IL
Reply #34 - Mar 3rd, 2015 at 2:58pm
Some Guy wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 2:45pm:
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key.

I quoted this exact line in my college entrance essay. No shit!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #35 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 6:34pm
SheRat wrote on Mar 3rd, 2015 at 2:58pm:

So you were already gone?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

SheRat
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Chicago, IL
Reply #36 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:48pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 6:34pm:

{{{blank friggin' stare}}}

Yeah, sure.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #37 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 9:07pm
Some Guy wrote on Mar 3rd, 2015 at 12:17pm:
We should be getting a moonie manifesto any day now.

hes gonna show up on the booze traveler show

IP Logged

Bluzdude
Rocks Off Regular

I'm here-that's all that
matters. Rocks Off Rules!

Los Angeles
Reply #38 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 10:09pm

...better watch it, or you'll have to eat your lunch all by yourself.....

...It's great to be here...It's great to be anywhere!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #39 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 3:02am
this losing an hour is some bullshit.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #40 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 9:11am
Some Guy wrote on Mar 8th, 2015 at 3:02am:
this losing an hour is some bullshit.

Who went to church on Sunday?

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #41 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 2:39pm
Bluzdude wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 10:09pm:

...better watch it, or you'll have to eat your lunch all by yourself.....

I will sing this victory song.

IP Logged

Pretentious Poet
Rocks Off Regular

I wish I could post as
mysteriously as a cat!

Reply #42 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 1:45pm
Ode on a Moonpiddle
---------------

A mini bar, an anti Pope,
He is not gone from here, I hope,
He's put us in a sad position.
I hope he's not made the transition.

We need his charm, his English wit,
We need him to give Riffy shit,
We need his dachshunds, pugs and beagles,
We need him still to bash the Eagles.

Perhaps he's touring Churchill's tomb,
Perhaps he's in a rubber room.
Perhaps he's on a case in Dover,
Perhaps he's just a tad hung over.

So look for him where sun meets sky,
Up where the angel posters fly.
He'll soon return with a big fat doobie
Just do not seek him at Shidoobee.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #43 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 9:06am
moonie ain't shidoobee material.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #44 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 4:02pm
What does Rocks Off mean to you?

I hear you talking when I'm on the street3 - The Stones were very popular back in the day, and they still are after fifty years later. So whenever they go out, everybody notices them.

Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak4 - Mick Jagger is saying he can read others mind.

Lines #5 to #8 - these are the things Jagger is thinking as what others are thinking of him when he's walking around on the street.

I want to shout, but I can't hardly speak11 - Jagger has lost his voice, as many other frontmen, due to excessive singing at the previous concert.

I was making love last night12 - as I mentioned above, this songs touches all aspects of rock n' roll. This lines means Jagger was having sex with a groupie/stripper.

Lines #13 to #15 - So he was having sex with more of an actual dancer rather than a groupie. "Pirouettes" is a dancing technique, check out this video to learn more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATu8QKPBzFU

And I only get my rocks off while I'm dreaming17,18 - Mick Jagger, and other bandmates, always wear their rock n' roll hat as long as they consciously breath, that is, all the time they either do drugs, have sex, or sing/write rock songs.

Plug in, flush out and fire the fuckin' feed21 - "plug in" obviously means heroin. Pulp Fiction has a good heroin scene if you want to learn more on this substance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPd4ZpzIFtk

I can't even feel the pain no more25 - after taking heroin, it puts in such good mood that you can't even feel the pain.

Lines #32 and #33 - according to Wikipedia, this is the psychedelic part of the song, and I agree with them on this. These two lines mark the point where the song breaks off of the main riff into more of a deep,hallow sound. Purpose of psychedelic music is to force the listener to pay attention to the song, and sudden change in riff achieves this.

http://explorerockmusic.blogspot.com/2013/08/song-meaning-rocks-off-by-rolling-s...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #45 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 5:06pm
Some Guy wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 4:02pm:

I hear you talking when I'm on the street3 - The Stones were very popular back in the day, and they still are after fifty years later. So whenever they go out, everybody notices them.

Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak4 - Mick Jagger is saying he can read others mind.

Lines #5 to #8 - these are the things Jagger is thinking as what others are thinking of him when he's walking around on the street.

I want to shout, but I can't hardly speak11 - Jagger has lost his voice, as many other frontmen, due to excessive singing at the previous concert.

I was making love last night12 - as I mentioned above, this songs touches all aspects of rock n' roll. This lines means Jagger was having sex with a groupie/stripper.

Lines #13 to #15 - So he was having sex with more of an actual dancer rather than a groupie. "Pirouettes" is a dancing technique, check out this video to learn more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATu8QKPBzFU

And I only get my rocks off while I'm dreaming17,18 - Mick Jagger, and other bandmates, always wear their rock n' roll hat as long as they consciously breath, that is, all the time they either do drugs, have sex, or sing/write rock songs.

Plug in, flush out and fire the fuckin' feed21 - "plug in" obviously means heroin. Pulp Fiction has a good heroin scene if you want to learn more on this substance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPd4ZpzIFtk

I can't even feel the pain no more25 - after taking heroin, it puts in such good mood that you can't even feel the pain.

Lines #32 and #33 - according to Wikipedia, this is the psychedelic part of the song, and I agree with them on this. These two lines mark the point where the song breaks off of the main riff into more of a deep,hallow sound. Purpose of psychedelic music is to force the listener to pay attention to the song, and sudden change in riff achieves this.

http://explorerockmusic.blogspot.com/2013/08/song-meaning-rocks-off-by-rolling-s...

thank you dr phil

IP Logged

Shattered Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Wasn't Lookin' Too Good
But Feelin' Real Well

Los Angeles
Reply #46 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 11:37am
mojoman wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 5:06pm:
[quote author=7C40424A70685A562F0 link=1423615302/44#44 date=1426194158]

Plug in, flush out and fire the fuckin' feed21 - "plug in" obviously means heroin. Pulp Fiction has a good heroin scene if you want to learn more on this substance: http://www.youtube.com/watch???v=TPd4ZpzIFtk

Jeebus, that is some "let's get hammered it's Friday night" type of posting right there! Above the rim for sure!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #47 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 1:39pm
dude better be putting together one hell of a return post.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #48 - Mar 14th, 2015 at 9:23pm

IP Logged

Bluzdude
Rocks Off Regular

I'm here-that's all that
matters. Rocks Off Rules!

Los Angeles
Reply #49 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 12:35am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Mar 14th, 2015 at 9:23pm:

boy, talk about alternative markets!  War horses couldn't drag me away

...It's great to be here...It's great to be anywhere!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)